Stats: 3,157,986 members, 7,835,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? (1091 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? by BlueManix(m): 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2008
Hi forum,

Need a friendly advise especially from ladies here for my friend who is a sickle cell sufferer. I believe most people here know the adverse effect and toll this sickness have on it's sufferers mentally and physically.
Ok, my friend is searching for a girl to marry, and as you all know, it is not wise to keep your to be life parter in the dark about any health problem you may have. If he or she finds out later in the years to come, it might spell doom for the marriage union.
To keep matters short, my friend's problem is about coming out to make his sickle cell health problem open to his dream girl because of his shy nature. He think the girl might pull out of the relatioship because of his health sickle cell problem. Ladies, can you put up with a marriage to a sickle cell sufferer?? Your honest opinion please.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? by almondjoy(f): 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2008
No I can't! Life is tough enough!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? by keyne(f): 9:16pm On May 07, 2009
yea.if i rily luv him,
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? by Fiona0007: 11:10pm On May 07, 2009
Depends on how bad his disease is and how the girl cope with that situation. first of all, if relationship is turning into something serious, you should not hide such things from your partner. she will need to make an informed decision, so better let her know first before everyone gets hurt.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? by Sissy3(f): 7:38am On May 09, 2009
dnt think so undecided undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? by Nobody: 7:55am On May 10, 2009
rockhaven:

look around so many sicklers hav lived up to 60 and one of them is dr sonny kuku of eko hospital.it is a matter of faith .of your belief system.so many sicklers babes are far better wife materials than many AA.IF U DONT HAVE THE FAITH,DONT GO FOR AN SS.but i know one HOT SS BABE and believe me ive opened a file for her lol

Bloody rumor peddler. He isn't SS, only said lots of his siblings died of the disease.

@Topic
Tough choice.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? by Nobody: 8:09am On May 10, 2009
do a NL search and you will see that the subject has been dealt with MANY A TIME. you will find all the answers you need if you search hard enough.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? by teissys(f): 2:55pm On May 11, 2009
Yes, I would marry him
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? by oluwdashmi(f): 3:57pm On May 11, 2009
If HIV negative pple marry the victim, what stops me from marrying a sickle cell sufferer as long as I love him and he matches my heart. There are one million and one sicklecell sufferers out there and if no one has been marrying them then what has been happening?

The only thing is that it is only an AA genotype carrier that should marry a sufferer or else they will hate each other when the troubles begin.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Sickle Cell Sufferer? by Ben13: 4:03pm On May 11, 2009
I can't. not even in the dream.

as one of said " life is tough enogh "

Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? / Can Someone Tell Me Why Most Ladies Sell Themself Jst For Money? / What Makes The Nigerian Man Tick?