Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow (8175 Views)

Another Stowaway Boy Arrested In Benin Airport / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport / New Face Of The Remodelled Benin Airport. Who Says The FG Is Not Working. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by PapaBrowne(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
Eko Ile:

look at this over bloated hypocritical agbaya saying he appreciates good when he sees it. the only good you appreciate are the mediocre rubbish that tickles your tribal fancy, you appreciate nothing that doesn't roll with your tribalistic existence.. you just opened your mouth to cluelessly rubbished other people with better performance than all the lackluster cassava bread dufus you are peddling ......

what a shame.

Pele. Thought you were sane. I don't usually engage dolts in debates. I'll be praying for your quick recovery ok?

I can see there's an improvement. Prayers answered!

But I didnt know english was that hard. The way you write makes it look like you attended the same school with our mummy, Dame Patience Jonathan!! Your english needs serious improvement man!
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by EkoIle1: 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
PapaBrowne:

But I didnt know english was that hard. The way you write makes it look like you attended the same school with our mummy, Dame Patience Jonathan!! Your english needs serious improvement man!

I was expecting a sensible defence of your many follies and ignorant assertions and not the same immature dodging like a clueless cassava bread joker.

Your lame post means you can not priove that Tinubu is connected to the places you mentioned meaning you are a lair.

Your lame post means you are ashamed to admit that your assertions about fashola not finishing any project worth more than 6 billion naira was ignorant and dumb since lagos is littered with such projects and the ikoyi link bridge that you are trying to dodge with your dumb post is one of them.

You asked for it and I gave you an answer so you need to acknowledge that or just call yourself a lair.

You see, I know your type and I ignore your type for a reason. You lie and make claims that you can not back up like a man.

I'm not even surprised that you didn't pick up the fashola/gej challenge... I guess you saw your downfall and ran for cover.

Please stick to your cassava bread achievements....
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by DeepSight(m): 2:12am On Mar 09, 2013
PapaBrowne:

To be honest, the quality of English was so different from the generality of his posts that I had to think: has Eko Ile's account been hacked by a properly educated person?

1 Like

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Glorified ode Looking into which future when the today you have you can't even manage it to great success?
We certainly managed to bring education to a worthless layabout like you in our mass education drive after colonialism. Else you would have been an illiterate hunter of rabbits like your British-ruled forbears. Thank your lucky stars for the Nigerian govt, ungrateful dolt.

Typical African mind set of tomorrow is always going to be better yet today they have not laid any foundation to build on for a successful tomorrow.
What has your father laid down apart from a disgruntled failure like you who sees nothing worthy about himself or Africans? Why don't you bleach yourself white and go on a white forum and rid yourself of the 'African mindset', you feckless, white-di.c.k sucking, cotton-picking, plantation slaveboy?

Is it the millions of half baked copy cat students this disgruntled leadership is bestowing upon the country year on year that would bring those outlandish and bizarre projects to fruition? Do you think. American, Great Britain fell into their dreams and met reality?

8 of Africa's top 100 universities are Nigerian. The only ''half-baked'' person here is you since you schooled in Somalia.
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by koruji(m): 4:50am On Mar 09, 2013
So, where are the pics from the commissioning?
Topic was posted yesterday, and today is about to turn to tomorrow.
You guys have been all over the place singing hallelujah.
Surely you must have hot pics from the ceremony.

So, let's see the pics already.
Over to you PapaBrowne & InSincere'9gerian.
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by OmoTier1(m): 9:59am On Mar 09, 2013
ROSSIKE:
We certainly managed to bring education to a worthless layabout like you in our mass education drive after colonialism. Else you would have been an illiterate hunter of rabbits like your British-ruled forbears. Thank your lucky stars for the Nigerian govt, ungrateful dolt.

What has your father laid down apart from a disgruntled failure like you who sees nothing worthy about himself or Africans? Why don't you bleach yourself white and go on a white forum and rid yourself of the 'African mindset', you feckless, white-di.c.k sucking, cotton-picking, plantation slaveboy?

8 of Africa's top 100 universities are Nigerian. The only ''half-baked'' person here is you since you schooled in Somalia.

Does your antics on NL not suggest your glorified educational system in Nigeria is a huge joke ? If your educational system wasn't dysfunctional, you would have been intelligent enough to know that your present FG is deceiving you with the mediocre of an Airport reprinting exercise. You would have been wise enough to know what a regional airport should look like and condemn this sham of a shed called airport.No? Mr e-copycat... Any more cut and paste cheesy

Please I am still waiting for the artistic impression of Benin Airpot in 3013 wink
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by otokx(m): 11:03am On Mar 09, 2013
Does this new terminal have jet bridges that enable one walk straight from the aeroplane into the terminal? The first jet bridge installed in the US was in 1959 by the way.
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
Unknown Member:

I'm disappointed.... sad

I cant believe you actually considered going out of your way to prove to an ignorant man what he already knows. #SMH!! When you see SimonAndal & Slim fits posts, all I need you to do for them is kneel down and offer a word of Prayer for them. Its not easy living the life they live.
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by taharqa: 3:15am On Mar 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Them wan go celebrate another 'Shed' they have hurriedly painted with water paint to deceive Nigerians undecided Abeg people should go see what regional airports are like in Europe and ask if what the FG did in Benin Airport is even worth reporting sad. ...... Mediocre.

Has GAT in Lagos felt any better since the commissioning of the uncompleted building ? An airport is more than chairs and desk and floor tiles..... GEJ and His 40 laptop gangs should understand this.... Arrant nonsense cry

OKPEEEeeee........ I know you would also be here spewing your thrash as usual:

Does this look like a 'shed' that was 'hurriedly painted with water paint to deceive Nigerians'??

Established in 1979 to cater for a traffic of over 200 passengers daily, the Benin Airport is being remodeled by the Federal Government to now accommodate about 400 passengers at a time.

Briefing members of the National Good Governance Tour at the Airport on Sunday, the Airport Manager, Mr. Ayodele Sunday said “because of the improvement in the socio-economic activities of the State it was impossible to accommodate users of the airport. He said for a very long time the airport was more or less abandoned.

“We thank God that we have a President and also a Minister (Aviation) that is very visionary and they are agents of transformation.

[b]“If you were here 11years ago, it was actually an airport that one would consider in shambles. It was totally neglected. It is an airport that now goes along with a lot of compliments. Before, we did not have Airconditioning, now we do. The conveyor belt will come, and just yesterday we also took delivery of 1000KVA generator and everything has been going on smoothly.

He said previously the airport only had Arrival and Departure halls but now it has a public concourse.

“Apart from the completed Departure and Arrival halls, also completed are the ticketing/airline offices.

In addition, also being constructed simultaneously is a new control tower as well as improved weather forecast equipment and new terminal building.

He equally informed that to raise air safety, a Wind Shear Alarm System has been installed at the airport.

Sunday further stated that total VHF coverage has also been achieved at the Airport. According to him, the console the airport started with has been replaced with the new equipment.

“An aircraft that now takes off from Lagos can contact Benin. All the controllers are now very busy because Benin is an enroute station. Aircrafts going to Port Harcourt, going to Enugu, Asaba, Warri are being controlled here.

While commending the work done so far, the Nigeria Union of Journalists President, Mallam Mohammed Garba assured that the media would follow up on the project to verify that the commissioning takes place in two weeks as promised by the airport manager.

The Minister of Works, Arc. Mike Onolememen, who hales from Edo State praised the aviation Minister for totally transforming the Benin airport.

“If you used to know what the Benin airport used to look like and what it is today you will better appreciate the works that has been done here. It is a very good sign of the many good things that will happen not only in the Aviation Sector but indeed other sectors of the national economy as encapsulated in the Transformation Agenda of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan”,[/b] the Works Minister stated.

“My only plea to FAAN is that they develop a means of sustaining this development because sustainability is key”, he added.

The Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku noted that the country was now having standard airports that could measure up with those all over the world.

He said “The airports before now were like poultry sheds. If you go to old Akure Airport you would know what that kind of vision was. And an airport must have space for the operation of other businesses around the airport. I want to commend the Minister of Aviation again, Princes Stella Oduah for her drive and what she had done in our airports.

“This is the 11th airport under transformation. Kano has been commissioned, Lagos has been commissioned and Benin is virtually ready for commissioning with the exception of the lighting system which is being done to ensure this place has light to carry the new A.Cs.

“We also have 100 percent radar coverage of Nigerian Airspace now. Anyone who flies into Nigeria from anywhere, we will pick you on our radar. This has been done in the last two years to ensure safety.

Responding to a question the Information Minister said Nigeria was not the only country having airports within city vicinity. He said

“It is our belief that God helping us, because even accidents could still occur with the most equipped airports. There are certain elements that are beyond human control but as we get more equipment, better aircrafts, better safety equipment accidents will reduce to the barest minimum.

He said the Ministry of Aviation, Private Sector operators and banks were working together to access newer aircrafts, pointing out however that the issue was not necessarily with the age of an aircraft but maintenance

http://fmi.gov.ng/nggt-edo-fg-upgrades-benin-airport-to-service-400-passengers/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others / South-west Has Largest Cannabis Farms – NDLEA / 'Politicians Defecting To Other Parties Are Mentally Unstable' – Timipre Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.