Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,388 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. (22543 Views)

21 Questions To Ask Before Saying “I Do” / 20 Romantic Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by Odunharry(m): 4:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
Super1759: many people don't have time for all these jamb questions...
dat where sm get it wrong
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by Kehnyshavin: 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
all dis one na bulla55 stories.The question ladies shuld ask is:how much does he have in his bank a/c,while d guy should ask and *CONFIRM:has my friend ever slept with her #fact
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by skybodmas: 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Question No 8. Is he or she physically strong and skillful enough to satisfy me? grin
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by Tropilo(m): 4:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
van bonattel:

Some people still look, watch, wait and learn for many years and still fight everyday for the rest of the marriage.

I cant agree any less with you, my brother.

Until you get into it, you never can tell.

There's no plan that works in marriage. Its a day by day thing.

You can hardly ever please or know a woman. Just like some men are outright impossible.

However your wife may feel she loves you. Pray your pocket never witnesses the "dry season". With every "dry" comes cracks of different magnitude with women.

2 Likes

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
I agree.
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by Abdul4success(m): 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
well, nice one dia; but sometimes marriage issues are not always what u are expecting
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by Euckybaby(f): 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
Nice one
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by sammied(m): 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
van bonattel:

Let me educate you, the more you stay to learn about the opposite sex, the more you hate them, the more you meet other more pretty, younger, richer, more educated and cool opposites. Better close your eyes and marry and develop your love than hoping you have met an angel only to discover you have been duped, the person you thought you knew will soon show her true colours.

I better be surprised by marrying a total stranger than finding out I have been taken an a ride by the person I thought I knew very well.
..this is big lie..u are only stating ur own experience..in the old days..people are given to each other right from a young age and eventually get married,they never got tired of each other..so U SAYING DAT THE MORE ONE STAY WITH OPPOSITE SEX THE MORE HATE COMES is totally rubbish..I and my fiancée have been together for 6years and we getting married soon dis year..and am yet to meet two people who loves and care for each other like we do..as far as marriage is concern those questions are important....
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by claremont(m): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
sadlerrr:
5. Does this person strengthen my faith?

As a Christian, I believe God’s design for marriage is that a husband and wife come together with Christ in the Center. Without Him at the foundation, the marriage will eventually crumble. Marry someone who not only shares your faith but also strengthens your faith. Your spouse should bring you closer to Jesus, not drag you farther away.
Actually, the available evidence suggests quite the opposite. The rates of divorce globally is higher amongst marriages based on religion, as opposed to those based on no religion.

1 Like

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by blackbeau1(f): 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
Beautiful piece
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by gp66(m): 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
why do i need a wife? To build my faith in Christ, to show love to me, to cook d best food for me and finally to give me good sex for procration. I also owe her all what i need from her too. Life is sweeter than honey when u are married to the right person. May God help me in my future marriage decision.
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by fubbyy(m): 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Emusan: Nice write up!
Thank God mine is still far, dancing Kekure
nice write up, thank God mine will never come, dancing azonto
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by Onyeoma3: 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
All these versions of questions to be asked are summarised in this one question,"MY LORD, IS THIS THE RIGHT PERSON FOR ME" backed up with serious prayers. Most marriages these days are a flop because most couples don't seek permission from God before getting married due to misplaced priorities. They do it in their own way. E.g A guy man will proudly say that he must test run a lady he wishes to marry before marriage to ensure that she is fertile / pregnant. In such a case,where is the place of God in the proposed union
Despite the fact that the everything about relationship is very complicated due to the high level of immorality obtainable in the society,God must always be given His place.

1 Like

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by Ogegod87: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
IMO
* marriage centres on GIVING and SACRIFICE.
* If u re not willin/ready 2 loose ur privacy 2 someone else, dont get married.
* most importantly, marriage tks d special grace of GOD 2 stand.
nice thread by d way.
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by Tropilo(m): 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
sammie-d:

..this is big lie..u are only stating ur own experience..in the old days..people are given to each other right from a young age and eventually get married,they never got tired of each other..so U SAYING DAT THE MORE ONE STAY WITH OPPOSITE SEX THE MORE HATE COMES is totally rubbish..I and my fiancée have been together for 6years and we getting married soon dis year..and am yet to meet two people who loves and care for each other like we do..as far as marriage is concern those questions are important....

My dear, courting and marriage aint d same.

Fiancè for 6yrs? Well!

Thank GOD you are tying it up this year. But, pls check after 6yrs if she's still the same sweet angel.

You never can really know a woman until you "promote" her from girlfriend to wife.

They always have something new and different to show you. If you are not careful you'll become an OJ Simpson. Thank GOD you are not yet an Oscar Pisterous.

Always manage to keep your cool but be firm as a man.
In every woman lies the spirit of Eve inside, though in varied degrees.

Goodluck, bro!
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by Tropilo(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
sammie-d:

My dear, courting and marriage aint d same.

Fiancè for 6yrs? Well!

Thank GOD you are tying it up this year. But, pls check after 6yrs if she's still the same sweet angel.

You never can really know a woman until you "promote" her from girlfriend to wife.

They always have something new and different to show you. If you are not careful you'll become an OJ Simpson. Thank GOD you are not yet an Oscar Pisterous.

Always manage to keep your cool but be firm as a man.
In every woman lies the spirit of Eve inside, though in varied degrees.

Goodluck, bro!
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by AkinDavid2: 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
van bonattel: Load of rubbish, marriage have no defined formular. Two total strangers can meet from a one night stand and later marry one week later and stay happily married till death. No long thingz......

Lead by example, i will patiently hear your report in years to come.

1 Like

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by bros12345: 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
nice piece. but dont let the article deceive u. i can tell u from experience. there is no formular for marriage success. marriage is an examination that the questions u see are quite different from what you were asked to read.

the best writers of marriage books often have the wort cases. Paul did not live wit a woman and he wrote on marriage.

its not in the books
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by nenergy(m): 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
So much information available, yet divorce and marital brouhaha makes constant headlines. The "like" part makes sense, but Loyalty and commitment is key!
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by ItGeek(m): 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
stagger: The questions are too vague. They should be more specific to our Naija setting.

1) Is the lady/guy the type of person who easily gets provoked?
2) How are quarrels and disagreements handled?
3) Is the lady submissive?
4) Does the guy love his wife to the point where he can die for her? Is he sacrificial? Can he decide to trek under hot sun so his wife can have the only car to enjoy the A/c, or is he the type that colonizes the car while his wife jumps around town in public transport?
5) Can the woman take correction or is she the type that is forever shouting back at her man and putting him down publicly?
6) Does the man treat the woman as his help mate or as his subordinate or an article of property?
7) Is the man clean? SOme guys throw their underwear and socks everywhere and expect the jackey horse of a wife to always pick up after him.
cool Is the man a provider? Will his attitude change if his wife starts to earn more than himself or will he still measure up to standard? Will the woman become heady and uncontrollable when her earning power supersedes that of the man?
9) Can the woman cook and do basic domestic stuff in the house?
10) Is the man a stingy fellow?
11) What is the attitude of the man to his mother and what is the attitude of the wife to her father? This will determine how they relate to the opposing inlaws and to themselves.
12) What is the spiritual story behind both the man and wife? Does untimely death, poverty or some other negative stuff run in the family line?

There are too many important questions to ask. Forget all those stupid janded questions that have no meaning in the real modern day marriage setting in Naija.
quote of the year so far, your so spot on.
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by gabbrri(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]nice post 4 my dec 6th wedin plan.
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by deandavid(m): 10:04am On Mar 10, 2013
van bonattel: Load of rubbish, marriage have no defined formular. Two total strangers can meet from a one night stand and later marry one week later and stay happily married till death. No long thingz......
thats a gamble sir, in gambling u either laff or cry at the end of d day. So is this ur type of marriage . A wise saying, he who fails to plan, plans to fail.
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by alapoplenty1: 11:01am On Mar 10, 2013
How I wish that every youngstar out there would take a min to read this short n informative epistle..the number broken marriages will reduce
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by vanbonattel: 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
sammie-d:

6 years! Wetin you wan sabi again, the marriage is like 6 years old now.

But, wait for it. Some people (guys and gurls) can hide thier real characters till after marriage. When it is time to release them, you will know what I mean.
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by vanbonattel: 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
deandavid: thats a gamble sir, in gambling u either laff or cry at the end of d day. So is this ur type of marriage . A wise saying, he who fails to plan, plans to fail.

Is life itself not a gamble grin
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by monique350: 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
True talk
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Get Married. by mkoabiola: 12:26am On Mar 11, 2013
So u if u don't av 100% answer dat means u no go marry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! Got A Surprise Text From Her And She Requested I Should Reply / 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush / Wild, Crazy Things You Did For Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.