Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,194 members, 7,860,282 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig - Phones (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig (91785 Views)

Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones / Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! / MTN BBC Monthly BIS Now ₦1000! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (33) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
HMA Pro VPN
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
erniok: people wey dey use am with vpn, which one una dey use cos pd proxy no gree work with am as e dey write downstream activities detected And will shut down so I use it as standalone.
tunnelguru works and its superfast...faster than the way it used to be...when i say fast, i mean jet-speed!
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by cyrielo(m): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
ok let me get this straight there system upgrade was just about capping the bbcmonth plan which used to be unlimited now because of bb10 users and leave the 3k bis unlimitedor what
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by negga4al(m): 6:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
Guys, just wanna know, must I use a vpn to download unlimited (without cap) or can I just connect with the normal blackberry.net APN?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by luluosas(m): 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
ozor1: use with vpn
I haven't register for VPN yet. In fact, there's complete Internet blackout now on the MTN BBCWEEK plan on my phone.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Frostyzone(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
luluosas:
I haven't register for VPN yet. In fact, there's complete Internet blackout now on the MTN BBCWEEK plan on my phone.

That's because you haven't renewed your subscription. Do that and I assure you, the plan will start working again.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by LecturerIFE: 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
With the bbcweek I did this evening, I av been able to pull over 2.3gb data using just blackberry.net as APN, so I believe it works fine without vpn.
negga4al: Guys, just wanna know, must I use a vpn to download unlimited (without cap) or can I just connect with the normal blackberry.net APN?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by tayoast(m): 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
LecturerIFE: With the bbcweek I did this evening, I av been able to pull over 2.3gb data using just blackberry.net as APN, so I believe it works fine without vpn.

with(out) VPN?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by seunlayi(m): 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
i begi, this mtn too slow joor.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
seunlayi: i begi, this mtn too slow joor.
Go throway your sim grin
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by erniok(m): 12:30am On Mar 20, 2013
dl_jbd: tunnelguru works and its superfast...faster than the way it used to be...when i say fast, i mean jet-speed!
thanks pal.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Emmy2009(m): 2:32am On Mar 20, 2013
Please someone should help me please with these Details
Is mtn Really now limiteD - anD what's the Data cap
If yes - is it limiteD only on bb oR bb anD laptop cuz I can connect my bis to my moDem but I'm scaRed now of using it too much
AnD please how wuD I configure a vpn so I could Downloadd unlimiteD because I only knw how to browse directly via modem with blackberry.net apn
Thank you so much anD I woulD be grateful 2 nyone who can help me
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by LecturerIFE: 7:57am On Mar 20, 2013
Yea, without VPN. I used my phone with blackberry desktop software and set blackberry.net as my APN.
tayo_ast:

with(out) VPN?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Lawalmd(m): 8:00am On Mar 20, 2013
is the Mtn bis not working with torrent apps cos my my torrent app is not working with it but other download works well with browser
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by codemaster2much: 9:25am On Mar 20, 2013
Lawalmd: is the Mtn bis not working with torrent apps cos my my torrent app is not working with it but other download works well with browser
Google settings
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by mygee33(m): 11:28am On Mar 20, 2013
Like am I the only one: Mtn is seriously chopping my credit. Even wt my bbcweek renewal 2days ago.de thing now ll not brows xpt I ve got money in de phone. Dz is both in bb and in my iPhone.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by redcliff: 11:54am On Mar 20, 2013
mygee33: Like am I the only one: Mtn is seriously chopping my credit. Even wt my bbcweek renewal 2days ago.de thing now ll not brows xpt I ve got money in de phone. Dz is both in bb and in my iPhone.

Yea this happened to me last week. My BIS stopped going after ii downloaded about 600+ MB on my android device. Except i load credit the bis wont go. The thing confuse me too.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Deblow: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
In the final analysis now what is the real situation of things with the mtn upgrade?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 11:42pm On Mar 20, 2013
still ongoing 
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by francis247(m): 1:38am On Mar 21, 2013
omo dis tin don stop again o!
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 2:25am On Mar 21, 2013
still very unstable. upgrade 's still on I guess
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by honsule(m): 4:44am On Mar 21, 2013
francis247: omo dis tin don stop again o!

For the second time?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by femi4: 6:20am On Mar 21, 2013
francis247: omo dis tin don stop again o!
Still working
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by LecturerIFE: 7:46am On Mar 21, 2013
femi4: Still working
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by francis247(m): 8:19am On Mar 21, 2013
femi4: Still working
Mine has stopped. Are you using droid VPN?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by smajatt(m): 8:40am On Mar 21, 2013
mine is still working,but i had to buy a new sim cos d 1st 1 got finished,but pls anyone,wot i don't undastand is that dis 3gig cap limit is it 4 d weekly or 4 both the weekly and monthly,and the vpn stuffs do they make it unlimited.thanks every1
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Mcleo007(m): 8:51am On Mar 21, 2013
smajatt: mine is still working,but i had to buy a new sim cos d 1st 1 got finished,but pls anyone,wot i don't undastand is that dis 3gig cap limit is it 4 d weekly or 4 both the weekly and monthly,and the vpn stuffs do they make it unlimited.thanks every1

To be honest, i doubt if the bandwidth has been capped. I sent enquiries to know what is left of my bandwidth only to be told i do not have an active subscription, yet i can use the BIS on BB and PC. iTS either they have a system glitch or the thing is as it has always been -unlimited. The only thing i can say they have succeeded in terminating is the use of VPN to aid PC browsing. By implication, the use of BIS on PC may soon stop. Thus, i advice we enjoy it while it lasts. wink

And please, who can help me with how to set my blackberry desktop manager to work as modem using the BIS? I've tried every method found online, none has worked. I use a storm 2, 9520
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by smajatt(m): 9:41am On Mar 21, 2013
tanks man. lets all enjoy there watever glich grin
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by rateade(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2013
I don't wnt 2 think that Mtn cappd anythn... Mine first stopped lik 2wks ago after downloadin Assasins Creed 3 (16gb)... And it jst strtd wrkin again 2nites ago..

I thnk dey re avin issues wit der systms

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (33)

Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. / Carlcare Is Here With You / A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.