Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? (35418 Views)

NYSC To Deploy Doctors, Pharmacists To IDPs Camps / NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi / NYSC Should Be Extended to Two Years – Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 13, 2013
If true then its the best NYSC policy since Lord Lugard if the Monthly allowance is over 50k per month with an option to opt out of the second year, ask unemployed post-NYSC graduates and they will agree with me. pre-NYSC students will say its a bad idea cos they still depend on their mothers' cooking and still dream of rosy fantasy life after NYSC. I propose allowance above 50k with an option to opt out of second NYSC year if you find a job, without a job I can bet many people will want NYSC to continue for 3yrs.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by goodgood2(m): 10:03am On Mar 13, 2013
Two what? This country is getting worse everyday.

Those who want to keep nigeria for their selfish gains will do anything to see that this unhealthy, unnatural and forceful union "survives."
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by igbosunny: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2013
It will be a total madness on the part of FG if they ever consider it.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by purity80(m): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2013
There is no problem about that provided that government will do the following

1. Deploy corpse members to places where they will acquire relevant experience
2. Compel employers to stop including age limit to job opportunities
3. Increase their allowance to N50,000
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by madamL(f): 10:06am On Mar 13, 2013
This is a joke. Nonsense. One year is more than enough.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by goodgood2(m): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2013
Two what? This country is getting worse everyday. Those who want to keep nigeria for their selfish gains will do anything to see that this unhealthy, unnatural and forceful union "survives."
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by damzy88: 10:07am On Mar 13, 2013
2 years ko 9 yrs ni.mtscheeeeeeeeeew.Great Ife Economics class 2012 on point
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Sweetapple007(f): 10:08am On Mar 13, 2013
Lets see how this work.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 13, 2013
If you havent ever been on NYSC then shut the Bleep up, people like us who rounded NYSC and spent 2 jobless years wished we continued on NYSC then.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Ochek: 10:10am On Mar 13, 2013
Make una no mind gov Jonah Jang of plateau state jor. Na him make statement o! FG is not considering anything.
It was only a suggestion by the governor nothing more.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by EmmanuelJerry: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2013
I just hope while they are trying to increase the service year to 2 years,there is a plan on ground to increase corpers allowance and to look in to the age stuff organisations are using as criteria for employment. I cant imagine someone graduating at age 26 plus a 2year compulsory service, one nonsense orgnisation will say he or she is over aged, no place for him or her due to their selfish policy of not employing anyone above age 27.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by ayougbo: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2013
purity80: There is no problem about that provided that government will do the following

*corpse members*
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by boron10(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2013
Thank God say I don serve finish grin
This however won't be a bad idea under the following conditions
- If the monthly allowance is increased to say 50K or above
- If the first year is taken as the actual service year and the other year for skill acquisition.
- If corpers are allowed to opt out of the scheme anytime after the first year once they secure employment with any firm
- If embargo is placed on deployment of corps members to the northern parts of Nigeria( corpers should be paid boko haram allowance should they be unlucky enough to be posted there grin)
- and companies are forced to remove age from their employment requirements.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by chic2007: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2013
It should even be scrapped. Useless programme. I did not benefit anything from it. angry

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by anitank(f): 10:14am On Mar 13, 2013
purity80: There is no problem about that provided that government will do the following

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by iammodel(m): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2013
No way! Even d one year too long n boring already. But if dem pay well, no wahala. Few months 2go 4me.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by damzy88: 10:15am On Mar 13, 2013
Are there no corp members serving in private coy?
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by TableLeg(m): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2013
Fu....ck it ... I wont be doing this nonsense!
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by FrenchyL(m): 10:16am On Mar 13, 2013
This is Rubbish!
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 13, 2013
Akin-David:
It should not be implemented even the one year is still considered a waste of time and resources. Never use 9ice as a bouncer.
Bullshit with d 3,500 thet are paying them or what? Because they can,t crate job they want them to go there & weast another one year like that.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by itsmayiela(m): 10:18am On Mar 13, 2013
anoda avenue to "pause" the unemployment rate till APC govt takes over in 2015.......Boooooooom! That is when all the delayed corpers will pass out and hit the streets en masse. There will be massive unemployment for the APC govt to contend with. Useless PDP ideology
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by brownlord: 10:20am On Mar 13, 2013
thunder fire all of them, na me one LGI and stupid village principal one take dey shine for 2 yrs, dictate to me wen to travel, be in ppa come cds for 2 whole yrs on allowance of 19800 una dey madt

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 13, 2013
Nah, they need to scrap that crap programme, to be honest...

Or make it compulsory for Nigerians in Nigeria(or born in Nigeria) and not people born abroad...

I just can't go over to some remote village in naija for some crap stupidity that won't add anything to my life... grin

Erm... Phuck NYSC! wink
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by leonshom(m): 10:20am On Mar 13, 2013
Instead of reducing it to 6months,dey wants 2 make it 2years, I don't think its quite okay !
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by azimibraun: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2013
Heard a copper boy gt abt 12 host community's girls pregnant in one service year, and govt wnts 2 mk it 2 yrs with dis kind of bobos as youth corps member, na half of community go gt belle o!

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by slyashabby(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2013
Ø̶̷̩̥̊͡Ƒ̶̷̩̥̊͡ ђã†̥ resaon ɑ̤̥̈̊я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ extendin †ђξ exercise
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by safarigirl(f): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2013
Charles Shaw: No wahala if they wanna extend it but Alawee shud be nuffin less than 100k nd trust me, dilligently we wil serve our country smiling.
lols, bros no be small thing, if you see wetin otondos suffer that time wey FCT minister ban bus for town, see when guys dey trek the one wey Moses never trek.

Also. If they do it for 2 years, they should realise people graduate annually not biennially, dem never see where to send students with the yearly own, maybe dem go send some people go Ghana for service

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Raypawer(m): 10:25am On Mar 13, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Ogegod87: lmao. Fed govt go owe ppl alowee tire. corpers go turn indegene for anoda man village in d name of servin nigeria. clueless nig leaders.

ur smhow true, u go c copaz d go strike, demanding for increase in alawi... Lol

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Dankarara(m): 10:25am On Mar 13, 2013
Dey shld pls allow me round off mine first o
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by petsam11(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2013
Ahhh!!! May dem nor even try am...Which kind nonsense and wickedness be that? It is uncalled for...God will not be happy with anybody that tries to support/encourages it...After suffering for a full year (some graduates even waste more than 2yrs at home before making it #to camp#) they are still planing on adding an extra year...It is called wickedness...Please, let them not try it o...
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by misstobi: 10:30am On Mar 13, 2013
2 yearsa of sufferin,y shud 1b earnin dt amount ..mtchewwwww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Corper's Tennis Shoes In Camp (funny Picture) / Poor State Of Corpers Lodge In Odi, Bayelsa State (Photos) / African Civet Killed In My PPA - Ogun Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.