Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? (35419 Views)

NYSC To Deploy Doctors, Pharmacists To IDPs Camps / NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi / NYSC Should Be Extended to Two Years – Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by goshen26: 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
Fact, reduce the allowance of political office holders by ten percent and channel it to youth dev.you wil see a dramatic improvement in nija[/quote]. That one is a no go area o, reduce their benefits and money? Ha, why are they seeking for eachothers lives before, during and after election? let it be reduced to.... President receiving 200k a month, you will nobody will come near to politics, that's wen we will who trully wants to serve.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
The government dey mad? what kind of rubbish is that? 1 year is bad enough, they should not even think of wasting our time further.

This better be a rumor or joke or whatever.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by goshen26: 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
chiover: Thunder fire whoever that is proposing this thrash. Instead of scrapping the useless exercise they're busy planning to extend it. Fact, reduce the allowance of political office holders by ten percent and channel it to youth dev.you wil see a dramatic improvement in nija
. That one is a no go area o, reduce their benefits and money? Ha, why are they seeking for eachothers' lives before, during and after election? let it be reduced to.... President receiving 200k a month, you will nobody will come near to politics, that's wen we will who trully wants to serve.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
damzy88: 2 years ko 9 yrs ni.mtscheeeeeeeeeew.Great Ife Economics class 2012 on point
was the bolded necessary to the discussion on ground??

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Mrsilya: 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
It had better not be true. Wat kind of govt is dis? Na wa ooooooo!
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by poshpimkiey(f): 2:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
Bullshit. Is nysc even relevant in getting a job. Youth Service don turn civil service o
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Navalsadiq(m): 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
this is the kind of reform you get when you have selected leaders instead of elected leaders.shame on the fedral government.i served in a very romote village in PH and i know how challenging and faustrating it was.their policies are not just working and gudluck ebele jonathan claim he has got the best brains in his government.what a shame.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Cathybrown: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
d youth can agree to dat if dey will agree to pay #100k
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Shefyl(m): 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
What a waste of time, 2years proposal na nonsense it wont work out
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Cashio(m): 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
dmalam: can u imagine spendin two years in hostile SOUTHERN Nigeria....tofiakwa
wch part of de south is hostile malam...or they only wanna extend it so dt those serving in ur north who escaped boko haram in the 1st yr will live to testify the second yr.....
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Cashio(m): 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
No gud idea can ever come out of the north..it's anoda lunatic from plateau or so dt raised dis issue and he said it's 4 military training so am jst wondering spending 2 whole yrs jst 4 military training...dem wan go fight world war
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by justmythought: 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
Second term agenda. lets go...
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by juman(m): 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ngenge: Wahala dey o. Slavery activated

grin grin
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Onyinyechimara(f): 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
Cathybrown: d youth can agree to dat if dey will agree to pay #100k

They couldn't pay a fraction of this for just twelve months,
What makes you think they will double or is it quadruple it and pay for 24months??
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Onyinyechimara(f): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
Legalplayerz: Good idea, but they should be allowed to seek employment after one year. And if they don't find a job, they continue the 2nd year. This will help them earn money for at least another year.

That's what I think....

Just curious, what happens when one finds a job in the middle of the so called 2nd year?
Beg NYCS to release/ discharge you midway? And if they refuse?
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Fussbot: 3:34pm On Mar 13, 2013
Make i comment??k..me avn't served so i dn't kno how u guys felt or feels..so u guys wil wait 4 me until i serve then i'l come bak and comment..besides,i avn't gotten admission..ha!ha!ha"
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by OkochiZico(m): 3:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
5YRS WOULD'VE BETTER. ODE.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Fussbot: 3:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
Make i comment??k..me avn't served so i dn't kno how u guys felt or feels..so u guys wil wait 4 me until i serve then i'l come bak and comment..and oh! i avn't even gotten admission fa...ha!ha!ha"
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by UnimkeAk(m): 3:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
http://www./profiles/blogs/nysc-service-to-be-extended-to-2years

You guys are taking this unconfirmed shii too serious. I mean, see the source na, one yeye dating blog.

Military training go make sense sha.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Rajman45(m): 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
my brothers...make una stop dey look dis issue on 1 side alone. 1yr is for military training nd d other yr is 4 d normal tin. just look at isreal, al graduate der ar military inclined nd dat was d main reason y government implemented nysc at d first place. may we no 4get say, 35k per month no b smal tin, boys dey stay house 4 5yr with jobs in 9ja.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by veee: 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
This pure wickedness.for whatever it is worth, its purely a waste of time. Story wouldn't be the same if they being paid benefits to sustain them. Smh
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Gombs(m): 4:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
jhydebaba: The senate president once said it, now they want to actualize it. 1 year sef na die not to talk of two years.

Aswear!
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Blazinraj01(f): 4:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
For those employers always looking for experience. I hope I can add (2 years) of NYSC experience. Don't ask me what I did.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Sarcasm01: 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2013
Shall be u ar saying it everyday that you will serve 9geria with all ur strenght, but if this 2yrs will let them get Job, So it is very good
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Stanley07(m): 4:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
dmalam: can u imagine spendin two years in hostile SOUTHERN Nigeria....tofiakwa
causewahala: Can you just imagine spending 2 yrs in a hostile Northern environment! undecided
aboki self won talk
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Damiwalker: 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
angryI call this slavery....
After spending 5 yrs in d uni nt 2 talk of d yrs wasted tryin 2 secure admission or d yrs spent tryin 2 make ur papers.
Its outrageous....
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by RioFernandez(m): 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
Jjjeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz! Make dem no try am ohhh!
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by soloyes(m): 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
If the reviewers will also send their own children too to serve in the villages and in hostile areas(Maiduguri, Yobe etc) then ba masala (no problem).
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by julyb(m): 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
it does nt worth it @ all
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by homosapien(m): 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
@op, the info u posted was jang opinion not federal govt. He said one year for service, and one year for military training. I saw it on NTA network news yesterday. So no cause 4 alarm for prospective corpers.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Odunharry(m): 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
jhydebaba: The senate president once said it, now they want to actualize it. 1 year sef na die not to talk of two years.
yap u right.it is senator David Mark about 3yrs ago
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by MrCritique: 7:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
I think the government is trying to make 'national service' optional.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Corper's Tennis Shoes In Camp (funny Picture) / Poor State Of Corpers Lodge In Odi, Bayelsa State (Photos) / African Civet Killed In My PPA - Ogun Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.