Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? (35415 Views)

NYSC To Deploy Doctors, Pharmacists To IDPs Camps / NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi / NYSC Should Be Extended to Two Years – Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by NOPET: 11:23am On Mar 13, 2013
well, is a pity that most of u who wants to serve 2yrs with increase in alawee has not experience serving Nigeria in a remote village is. i served in kebbi state. BIRNIN KEBBI, kebbi state capital has no one Mr Biggs or any good restaurant that u can visit and have a good time. thankGod am out of that hell. pls friends is not an easy task. ask those who served.

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 13, 2013
eghosarita: it makes me laugh when ppl call NYSC slavery, yet they complain of unemployment.many of them finish NYSC and lazy at home, now u have opportunity to finish school, start earning money at least for 2 years this time ll give u enough space to organise urself for a better job, but no o, naijas ll complain as if there is a job waiting for them after school that having to go and serve is slavery. God help us.
bro dont mind them some peeps have lizard brain....so annoying
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Slickest(m): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2013
Complaints on d year program sef is still in progress,many gat plans 4 dat 1yr service..addin anoda is lyk wasting tym and moreover. Can d feds cater 4 hundreds of thousands fir 2yrs?
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by networkrecharg: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2013
2yrs for what? We (NANS) will protest. So much fatigue, slavery and bondage. We need freedom. Pay N70,000.00 naira, no problems
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 13, 2013
I thought the federal government want to scrap this NYSC stuff, but they have taken it to another dimension. Extending it to two years will be a good idea only if the government is willing to pay at least 150k alawee. 'Wink' I thought the federal government want to scrap this NYSC stuff, but they have taken it to another dimension. Extending it to two years will be a good idea only if the government is willing to pay at least 150k alawee. 'Wink' I thought the federal government want to scrap this NYSC stuff, but they have taken it to another dimension. Extending it to two years will be a good idea only if the government is willing to pay at least 150k alawee. 'Wink'
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by fonssy(f): 11:31am On Mar 13, 2013
Useless government policy, make God punish all the office holders way dey propose this kind stupid policy.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by creativemusic: 11:46am On Mar 13, 2013
N - NOW - Y-YOUR -S - SLAVERY C - CONTINUE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by nairaman66(m): 11:48am On Mar 13, 2013
NYSC to be extended to 2 Yrs

NA CRAZE TALK BE THIS..
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by tope24(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2013
dimplecakes: It shouldn't be. Of what use will that be to our youth. Wen the govt gave the rule that no corper must serve in banks or other sophisticated places excepts for schools, LGS and ministries. So, I will now stay in a remote area for 2yrs without good and stable alawee. Heaven forbids. *BATCH B 2013*
hey there, am a prospective batch B 2013 too. lets keep in touch if you dont mind.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by ypzilanti: 11:52am On Mar 13, 2013
They should reduce it to six months and pay the corpers allawee for 2 years.

Many will save the money and start small scale businesses. Some go carry am smoke weed and drink beer too. LOL.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by YoshiMaster: 11:56am On Mar 13, 2013
I can't believe some of you are advocating this, saying increase allowance or whatever, to hell with that!

The programme should be scrapped, If I were president that would be one of my key areas targeted to reduce spending.

I guess the Nigerian system has really crippled some of you guys, that you would be willing to earn 50K a month in forced labour, while most of your mates in advance countries with the same level of education would earn at least 1-2 thousand dollars a month.

There is no agenda worth serving for, besides maybe military training like Isreal if your country is under seige, but besides that There is no agenda worth serving for

Last time I checked this is a Democracy!

Mine is a perfect example, I came back from the U.S.A ready to fully impact the Nigerian Engineering Scene (I pride myself in being a damn good engineer, that always wants to learn more), only to be told to go rot in Eti-Osa local government, spending my days on the balcony of a dilapidated building gisting as there is nothing to do. How does this help Nigeria as a whole?

Sometimes I hate this Country, then I remember its not the country I am mad at, it is the illiterate, visionless, bushmeat hunting, animals in agbada that really piss me off.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2013
2yrs?! No..the devil government is a liar!
Good Lord..and i'm going with next batch! shocked
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by okewumi: 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Nigeria produces more than 100 thousand each year. The number of applicant for NIMC was more than 300 thousand (state of the country).
if Government can increase the ALAWE to 50,000 i.e (2yrs=1.2M). then a corper can start with something. I used 60% of my Alawe to learn AutoCad Inventor, IPMP,professional certification and i was privileged to get a job because of the experience
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by dc555: 12:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
Just imagine a Structural Engineer spending 2 years for one local secondary school. What happens to all he learned in school during these two years. Even the 1 year is already a problem. Methinks this is a conspiracy by western nations to keep the Nigerian youth backwards.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by YoshiMaster: 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
IF THIS IS EVER PASSED, THEN FOR ONCE LET WE NIGERIAN YOUTHS STAND UP AS ONE TO OPPOSE THIS.

I WILL PERSONALLY BE ON THE STREET WITH WHOEVER IS INTERESTED, THIS IS ABSOLUTE LUNACY.

WHY ARE WE SERVING IN THE FIRST PLACE, WHEN MOBIL, SHELL AND THE LIKES SHOULD BE RECRUITING FINAL YEAR STUDENTS IN SCHOOL OVER SUMMER AS INTERNS TO GET EXPERIENCE AND SO ON.

BACKWARDS POLITICIANS, WITH THEIR FOOT STUCK ON THE ACCELERATOR, WHILE THE SHIFTER IS IN REVERSE.

THIS IS TOOO IRRITATING ABEG, I FEEL LIKE THROWING UP.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Trypant(f): 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
Am not in support if my opinion is even needed! The scheme will b crowded which will cause denial of students to go for service as when due. There will be no space for the number of graduate being pump out of the universities all around the nation both federal,state and private plus polytechniques!
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by timpaker(m): 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
NOPET: well, is a pity that most of u who wants to serve 2yrs with increase in alawee has not experience serving Nigeria in a remote village is. i served in kebbi state. BIRNIN KEBBI, kebbi state capital has no one Mr Biggs or any good restaurant that u can visit and have a good time. thankGod am out of that hell. pls friends is not an easy task. ask those who served.

Are you looking for a wife?
why post your pix here?
Goodluck with it though.

But try and clean that fan first cool cool cool
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by kolamilan(m): 12:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
shakaz: makaranta ba dole ba (school no be by force).

Jamb 2years, course 5years, service 2years.
Making it ''Nine Years Schooling Country'' (NYSC)
lol
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by nkkystel(f): 12:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
What is the 2yrs for, Rubbish! I served in Kano State and I was there for a whole yr doing nothing, serving my father-land indeed.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
purity80: There is no problem about that provided that government will do the following

1. Deploy corpse members to places where they will acquire relevant experience
2. Compel employers to stop including age limit to job opportunities
3. Increase their allowance to N50,000
come oh! Dyu want the corpers to die or something?? My friend!its corps not corpse! angry
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by amusbay(m): 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2013
this is nonsence, one yr is even like waste of time to 70% of corps member talkless of two yrs
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by HIPROFILE(m): 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
Olorun majee
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Akeud(m): 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
The Corpers should be paid well in the 1st place. Nothing like 2 years. They should protest against that.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
Rubbish.I wil not do it 4 all i care.Wastin pples time.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by fujirice: 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2013
dmalam: can u imagine spendin two years in hostile SOUTHERN Nigeria....tofiakwa
Hihihihihihihihihihihihi! I feel you bro. No mind those pipo that never left d comfort of their homes but they know wetin they happen to the North pass Emir of Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto and Maidugari all put together
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by PrinceDudu(m): 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
^^grin grin grin grin

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by tommykiwi(m): 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
Charles Shaw: No wahala if they wanna extend it but Alawee shud be nuffin less than 100k nd trust me, dilligently we wil serve our country smiling.
U dey jump now like small puppy them just release from him chains,even if them increase Alawee to 150k a month,and them post you go Maiduguri to serve two years,you sure say you go still serve with smiles on your face so?
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by bajosky: 1:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
grin youth obey the clarity call. wink grin youth obey the clarity call.whether one or ten years. its is a means of employment to curtail joblessness . Na wa o .il old corppers could be recruited also in the new scheme e for too make small sense including voluntary extension after two years with pension and gratuity after ten years.
Executive graduate and master degree OTONDO
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
please what is this nonsense all about? i thought they want to make it 6months and increase their allowe to 38k why 2yrs now? will that guarantee a good job or what?
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
Two years gini? Nawa 2 dis our govt.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by kiyosaki1(m): 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
This a welcome development
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Legalplayerz: 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
Good idea, but they should be allowed to seek employment after one year. And if they don't find a job, they continue the 2nd year. This will help them earn money for at least another year.

That's what I think....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Corper's Tennis Shoes In Camp (funny Picture) / Poor State Of Corpers Lodge In Odi, Bayelsa State (Photos) / African Civet Killed In My PPA - Ogun Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.