Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi (60928 Views)

Rechargeable Blasting Device For Unexploded Bombs Unveiled By Army - Photos / Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily / Free Download Of Power, Politics And Death By Segun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by Abagworo(m): 6:37am On Mar 14, 2013
I'm usually saddened with the level of reasoning displayed on this forum or elsewhere in Nigeria. Why must we label everything tribal or regional? Nigeria has a population of over 100million while the number of. OPL allotees are not even more than a thousand. How has the ownership of oil wells helped the real Northerners on the streets? What have I personally gained from Tony Ezenna, Arthur Eze, Emeka Offor, Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia, ABC Orjiakor, Oduah etc even though they are Igbos? Absolutely nothing but oppression of the masses with wealth which does not belong to anyone but all Nigerians. We are deeply brainwshed.

12 Likes

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by seunfly: 6:40am On Mar 14, 2013
Abagworo: I'm usually saddened with the level of reasoning displayed on this forum or elsewhere in Nigeria. Why must we label everything tribal or regional? Nigeria has a population of over 100million while the number of. OPL allotees are not even more than a thousand. How has the ownership of oil wells helped the real Northerners on the streets? What have I personally gained from Tony Ezenna, Arthur Eze, Emeka Offor, Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia, ABC Orjiakor, Oduah etc even though they are Igbos? Absolutely nothing but oppression of the masses with wealth which does not belong to anyone but all Nigerians. We are deeply brainwshed.
Nawa 4 us ooo! I don't know what i ve benefited from them all.
Abagworo! now i know why we are so backward, all this well we are shouting and accusing each other 4 are not up to what foriegn companies controls in Nigeria.
So we would have be happier if it is owned by one southafrican, united state or european companies infact i can see our level of wisdom.
Instead of us to be fighting for the judicious use of the oil wealth on native of the oil producing state, Nigeria and humanity as whole, we are busy fighting on regional and ethnic.

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by thelastPope(m): 6:40am On Mar 14, 2013
There is a fundamental flaw in this list. What the writer has done is list the companies and the directors. Being listed as a director in a company doesn't mean you own the company. That is very misleading. That is just a list of the board of the companies, not the list of oil well owners. If you are to go by the above list literarily, it would mean IBB is very clean and has no connection whatsoever with oil blocks. It would imply that IBB gave out oil wells to people but never took anything for himself.

I have a company with several directors listed and am not even the chairman of my company. That is how businesses are run in Nigeria.

Those wells are owned by people not listed in those list. Many of the directors listed above are not very rich. If they actually are part owners of these wells, they will be far more richer than they currently are. That's something to chew on. The bottom line is these blocks should be revoked because these guy neither bidded for them nor paid for them.

6 Likes

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 14, 2013
emmatok:
And why are Igbos defending the SS.
Y wont we defend our unfortunate neighbours? Wat do you know SS to be(are there not igbo Delta and Rivers) ?
If na ur farm dese oil wells there, u go happy say no be you/your people get them? Yet, u no get another farm as compensation.
Our support for the SS shouldnt necessitate your support for d north . Or are we your trend-setter?
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 14, 2013
la furia: i can clearly see 83 percent northerners as shareholders/owners.

During the military regime rule,Business men are offered directorship to some Northerners and And Rtd military men ,so that they could help in public relations when it comes to reaching the top to get contracts or favors.
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by VirginFinder: 6:42am On Mar 14, 2013
Yorubas are not defending the north.They are only after their own interest.

A reallocation of the indigenous oil wells in the country based on the false and emotional claim that northerners own 83% of them will definitely not favour us.

Other southerners are as hostile to we Yorubas as the northerners if not worse.

Everybody means the Yorubas and we are aware.Its out of sheer envy and inferiority complex.

We only make strategic alliances that will favour us.

The north seems favorable at the moment and they know it.

If a non Yoruba southerner were allowed to reallocate the oil wells, it is the '17%' controlled by Yorubas that will first come his mind rather than the '83%' controlled by the north.

Hence, Yorubas have been speaking out so that those of us who donot know the facts about the oil industry are properly informed so that we donot get too passionate and emotional by Senator Enang's claims thereby aligning with them at our own peril.

I was all for reallocation of oil wells and in full support of Senator Enang's claims.
But with all these rebuttals by prominent Yorubas,
I change my mind.

Good job Adeniyi!
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by ecosanders: 6:43am On Mar 14, 2013
wesley80: Informative in several ways but I just keep wondering why it's YORUBA's that are bent on puncturing Sen Enang's claim! Have this guys ever heard the word SHUT UP before? Not even the "accused" Northerners are trying to with this much zeal, wetin sef? it's been one ediotically vapid piece to the other feigning deep knowledge but yet lacking the critical information on which to fault Sen Enang's claim: Who makes the real dough from the ND fields?
I'm indifferent as to whether Northerners, SW or Easterners actually do as the fact remains that the real people are being played for suckers but at the same time let the "Yoruba eggheads" with limitless resources and information fault the Senators claim with hardcore facts or Shut it. Field dey pass field and we know some of those fields mentioned are not being exploited so WHICH OF THEM ARE and WHO OWNS THEM? Segun and co should get the facts or bend over and shove their endless pieces down their other ends!
whch oda fact did u want? Cant u do d calculatiön urself n tel us hw dat amount 2 83%, abi dem no send u go skool ni?. Abi una dey mad sef ni? So u xpect d Yoruba 2 support u in false accusation, d Northerners dnt even hav ur time.
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by stpat1(m): 6:45am On Mar 14, 2013
[quote author=Yomee][/quote]

Quoting the whole post just to highlight Stella's name is senseless

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by VirginFinder: 6:48am On Mar 14, 2013
Abagworo: I'm usually saddened with the level of reasoning displayed on this forum or elsewhere in Nigeria. Why must we label everything tribal or regional? Nigeria has a population of over 100million while the number of. OPL allotees are not even more than a thousand. How has the ownership of oil wells helped the real Northerners on the streets? What have I personally gained from Tony Ezenna, Arthur Eze, Emeka Offor, Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia, ABC Orjiakor, Oduah etc even though they are Igbos?

Okay we have heard you!

We now know Igbos also owned/own oil wells.

It's just that it they are either barren,less productive or limited to the south east.

Congratulations!
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by thelastPope(m): 6:49am On Mar 14, 2013
ecosanders: whch oda fact did u want? Cant u do d calculatiön urself n tel us hw dat amount 2 83%, abi dem no send u go skool ni?. Abi una dey mad sef ni? So u xpect d Yoruba 2 support u in false accusation, d Northerners dnt even hav ur time.

That is not a list of the owners of oil wells in Nigeria. That is a list of the members of the board of directors of the companies that own oils wells in Nigeria. 2 completely different things. That is a misleading article and fraudulently done at that.

4 Likes

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by theripper: 6:50am On Mar 14, 2013
A very misleading article to say the least, all I see are names of directors not owners of oil wells. This has to b anoda a*s*s kissing Yoruba man, the 3rd one in 10 days coming to defend their masters. I am a director at GSK or Haliburton doesn't mean I own either companies. Pls, these Yorubas are becoming too desperate to defend the North and keep giving us more reasons to call dem perfidious and slavish.

4 Likes

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by miiraaj: 6:50am On Mar 14, 2013
Maple:

For Etang to insinuate that northerners occupy 83% in that list is devilish.

I Senator should be whiped for making such false allegations. Just a BLOODY LIAR.

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by 9javoice1(m): 6:50am On Mar 14, 2013
by thelastPope(m): 6:40am

There is a fundamental flaw in this list. What the writer has done is list the companies and the directors. Being listed as a director in a company doesn't mean you own the company. That is very misleading. If you are to go by the above list literarily, it would mean IBB is very clean and has no connection whatsoever with oil blocks. It would imply that IBB gave out oil wells to people but never took anything for himself.

Those wells are owned by people not listed in those list. Many of the directors listed above are not very rich. If they actually are part owners of these wells, they will be far more richer than they currently are. That's something to chew on. The bottom line is these blocks should be revoked because these guy neither bidded for them nor paid for the
m.
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by Pstsmith(m): 6:53am On Mar 14, 2013
live GEJ alone....c dem here
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by Zalza: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2013
Hmmmmmmm. Senator Ettah Enang is a real nmoko man saying what he cannot substantiate. If our debate turned to beer parlour discussion, we are on hell on the hand of our politicians.
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by thelastPope(m): 6:54am On Mar 14, 2013
Virgin Finder: Yorubas are not defending the north.They are only after their own interest.

A reallocation of the indigenous oil wells in the country based on the false and emotional claim that northerners own 83% of them will definitely not favour us.

Other southerners are as hostile to we Yorubas as the northerners if not worse.

Everybody means the Yorubas and we are aware.Its out of sheer envy and inferiority complex.

We only make strategic alliances that will favour us.

The north seems favorable at the moment and they know it.

If a non Yoruba southerner were allowed to reallocate the oil wells, it is the '17%' controlled by Yorubas that will first come his mind rather than the '83%' controlled by the north.

Hence, Yorubas have been speaking out so that those of us who donot know the facts about the oil industry are properly informed so that we donot get too passionate and emotional by Senator Enang's claims thereby aligning with them at our own peril.

I was all for reallocation of oil wells and in full support of Senator Enang's claims.
But with all these rebuttals by prominent Yorubas,
I change my mind.

Good job Adeniyi!

I like what you have posted, though it is crap. It is at least a confrimation of what we have been saying that the north and south west are attacking GEJ because he is from the minority. They do not believe a Niger Delta man should rule them and would do everything to frustrate him.

The good news is, everything is on the table now so no one is deceived anymore. From here on, its going to be a real power play. You have just justified why GEJ pardoned Alameiseigha and installed Anenih as BOT chairman! Let the games begin!

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by omenka(m): 6:55am On Mar 14, 2013
Nigerian politicians are known worldwide to be inordinate lairs. One must always take whatever they say with a spoonfull of salt.

When we were kids, we were taught to believe that elders are like next to gods, infallible, and we ought to accord them undiluted respect. But majority of elders I see today deserve nithing less than scorn, unblemished disrespect, and above all, the gallows.

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by Obijulius: 6:55am On Mar 14, 2013
Niggmatic: jeez! Una no dey sleep?

Are u having a nightmare or a dream. Apparently u r awake.
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by 9javoice1(m): 6:57am On Mar 14, 2013
snakes can only be snakes bcus wat make it snake is in the gene.

i maintain that northerners own 83% oil block.
wat i dont get is why this evil fulanis saw in yorubas that they choose them for the job.

the list is nonsense bcus going by it means obj ibb etc has no oil block. list more company directors just to deceive the SS ppl. one can use anybody as his company director just to hide his id.

5 Likes

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by thelastPope(m): 6:58am On Mar 14, 2013
omenka: Nigerian politicians are known worldwide to be inordinate lairs. One must always take whatever they say with a spoonfull of salt.

When we were kids, we were taught to believe that elders are like next to gods, infallible, and we ought to accord them undiluted respect. But majority of elders I see today deserve nithing less than scorn, unblemished disrespect, and above all, the gallows.

Enang has not yet been faulted. So what are you talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by 9javoice1(m): 6:59am On Mar 14, 2013
we dont need pages of newspapers to turn around the nepotism in nigeria system which favors the north and west alone.

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by thelastPope(m): 7:02am On Mar 14, 2013
Zalza: Hmmmmmmm. Senator Ettah Enang is a real nmoko man saying what he cannot substantiate. If our debate turned to beer parlour discussion, we are on hell on the hand of our politicians.

Senator Enang is a real Hero. He has done for Niger Delta what Saro Wiwa tried so hard to do. He has not been faulted. That list up there is a list of board of directors of oil companies, not a list of oil block owners. You cannot deceive anyone with that propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by omoalaro: 7:03am On Mar 14, 2013
Some people just hate northerners with passion. Where in all of these did the senator got his 83% from? And he has succeeded in inciting and attracting more hatred for northerners.
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by ckkris: 7:08am On Mar 14, 2013
firstolalekan: WHAT OF OBASANJO

Where is PAPANGIDA? alias Adenuga
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by abdulkayus(m): 7:09am On Mar 14, 2013
So, its nw a crime for a Yoruba man to xpose d truth despite dat its goin to be to his disadvantage. Wen Senator Enang was peddlin dat lies, even d northerners supported dat there shld be an inquirin body dat will look into d claim, and d Yoruba took upon demselves to xpose d hypocrisy in d oil block allocation.
Dos of u sayin d list id flawed, y cant u p bring out ur own list too, let us compare and contrast. Bt nay, all wat u knw is to hate watever a Yoruba man did weda truth or nt.
BRING ON UR LIST TOO LET C.
Ciao
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:11am On Mar 14, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Know the right person at the right time.
And at the right place
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by ujoinme: 7:11am On Mar 14, 2013
Dont be disrespectful of the honorable senator of the federal republic. spell his name correctly!! director of companies does not = owners/shareholders. reading and comprehension are two different things. The senator said Northerners own 83% of oil well. so far no one has disproved his claim.
We are still waiting for some one to do that. Until then let speculators and propagandist continue with their hand work.you may try to hide the truth but it will come out at the right time.
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 14, 2013
While the nothern senators who knew what is at stake quickly turned around and supported the bill they passionately resisted afer Enang spilled the beans, Some mofos are here defending their eternal masters as usual SMH at brazen display of foolery.
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by Obijulius: 7:12am On Mar 14, 2013
Tenoil Petroleum Energy Services Limited granted OPL 2008 in 2007 has Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Femi Otedola, Jacob Ajekigbe, Tony Ezenna, Ndi Okereke Onyiuke, Fola Adela, Funso Lawal and Nicholas Okoye as directors with Tony Elumelu as chairman.

See d bolded: someone whose bank continues to cheat its staff of their entitlements and benefits has d money to float an oil company. I pity anyone who works dere...dat wuld b d worst paying oil company in d world.
Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by 9javoice1(m): 7:12am On Mar 14, 2013
i hardly accept anything from a yorubaman as truth that is why my close looking on the article again make me to find out the lies segun guy psted as truth by using company directors as oil block owners.

my instinct realy saved me. this article is trash bcus it disproves nothing just proves that the senator was right afterall.

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 14, 2013
Regardless of the iddddiotic Yoruba-Igbo e-war going on here, the fact remains that the spirit behind Senator Enang's claim has not been cast away by Segun Adeniyi's rambling exposé. You might argue with Enang's 83% statistic. . .does it make you feel better if the actual figure is something like 73%, or 63%, or even 53%?

Adeniyi's list clearly shows that Northerners are in the majority, followed closely by South Westerners. . .with only a sprinkling of South East and South South players. That has not detracted from the idea Enang was trying to pass across, which is that the South South have been severely shortchanged. What then is all the noisemaking and false vindication about?

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi by ckkris: 7:14am On Mar 14, 2013
omo alaro: Some people just hate northerners with passion. Where in all of these did the senator got his 83% from? And he has succeeded in inciting and attracting more hatred for northerners.

My guy, when you see Femi Falana, Adenuga, etc, add them to the 83%. Are in Nigeria, or East Rondon?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shows Off His Ongoing School Project In Mopa, Kogi State / Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner / Buhari Used As An Example Of A Bad Leader During Lectures In Scotland University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.