Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (37374 Views)

Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show / African Magic By Sammy Hoe: 'WATCH' MOVIES HERE / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 6:06am On Sep 25, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Good morning house... loading 99% awake...stretching, yawning...100% awake...sneezing# How was your nite?
Gud morning.
My night was gud and cold...i luv it dat way.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2013
story continuation...

“Ha! Ha! Ha!” laughed Malefactor. “They pretended to be blind, now their eyes are wide open.”
“Remember what the founder of our group told us,” said one of them and another answered, “Don’t have pity on the erring ones!”
“Let’s kick them like buckets till they kick the bucket!” said a huge boy. He had begun the kick immediately. However, he stopped kicking when someone raised a seeming-to-be-more-acceptable idea: “We should leave no stone unturned until they’re stone dead!” They had taken this latter idea to mean stoning them to death, yet the suggester had not meant it for that. However, the literati who had raised the suggestion also joined the rabble to scramble for cobblestones in the rubble close by. The boys begged for freedom in tears but no one listened. As they would cast the first stones at them, somebody cried, “Hold on, the master is here!” To the shock of the two boys, Mr. Doubt stepped forward. He didn’t recognise them because they were having their faces down.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 10:20am On Sep 25, 2013
hmmm...comment reserved...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 25, 2013
“Before you cast your stones at these outcasts, I shall speak sense into their empty heads,” spoke Doubt. “O you pretending fellas! today is the genesis of your nemesis, as well as the coming-to-pass of your comeuppance. You have taken the advantage of the disadvantages and weaknesses of the pitiful people of this piteous hamlet to perform your great exploit of exploitation; but now, it’s your turn to get exploded. These stones shall smash and scatter your skulls to pieces, terminating the peace you should have had if you haven’t come here. Even if it were my son who did this, I wouldn’t let him leave to live and go stealing still, let alone the sons of another men. I doubt if you have fathers at all!” Mr. Doubt ended his speech and turned to the mob, commanding them to “do it!” Just then, Idea raised his head and yelled, “Father!”
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
sammy wts up...y d scanty update...tnx tho
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2013
Karev_wite: sammy wts up...y d scanty update...tnx tho
No impetus...no fuel...no motivations. now that u speak I am already inspired. Watch out for the next post!!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
TO KAREV_WITE

Doubt recognised his voice and turned. He saw his face and screamed ‘Stop!’ Instantly, he moved close to the boys anid said, “Son, why did you do this to me?”
“Father—I—I...” Idea was short of idea.
“I can’t believe my eyes!” Doubt was disappointed. “It was only two days ago I left home for the City of Disorder and it was yesterday I arrived the Hamlet of Pity. How come this great urge came over you overnight? The wheat and flour at home, I’m sure, aren’t exhausted yet, so I doubt if it’s the urge of hunger that has led you here.”
Apprehensively, Doubt turned to his subjects and said, “Cast down your stones!” They were reluctant at first, but after more utterances, they obeyed, grumbling.
“We need discretion to judge situations sometimes. These kids here are—they are the sons of the high chiefs of Happy-Go-Lucky town. I doubt if a soul would remain here if the souls of these ones you shall now terminate. I doubt as well if the amulets and armlets of the people in this hamlet would remain to deck their necks and arms if the sons of their chiefs you shall now destroy. As you know, the population of Average Street alone is far too large in comparison with the population here, let alone the whole of Happy-Go-Lucky town. Therefore, be it known to you that all lives here, including the lives of your termites, shall be terminated if the lives of these two you terminate. These two ones are not for kill. Heed my warning and let them go free!”
The youths were enraged, doubting Doubt’s words. In annoyance, one of them challenged Doubt as he said, “But they called you father and you called them sons just now. I think they are your sons.” Swiftly, Doubt turned to him and said calmly, “Brutality my son, it was only yesterday I changed your name from Hospitality to Brutality, how come you now challenge my order? My son Malefactor is here, keeping silent as well as Mortality. Ruthless my daughter is here too, silenced as well as Malign my daughter. Are you the only one with the gut to doubt my good counsel, my son? Hearing me call them my sons does not mean I’m their father biologically, but I’m only their father logically, just as I’m logically your father too, calling you sons and daughters even now.”
Before Mr. Doubt’s deceptive speech ended, the urge in the youths to get the two boys destroyed had ended, leaving them with inner weaknesses. Mr. Doubt ordered his boys to leave the Hamlet of Pity immediately and they obeyed with fear.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
No impetus...no fuel...no motivations. now that u speak I am already inspired. Watch out for the next post!!
hehe oshey!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
omo 2 b honesty doubt get mouth o.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Karev_wite: omo 2 b honesty doubt get mouth o.
That's why almost everyone( if not even everyone) employs doubt at one time or the other in life. you just must ignore it to achieve your seeming-to-be-impossible goals in life.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dedicated to YOU

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
AT THE SECOND APPROACH

Idea wept sore. He was sure of trouble at the return of his father. As usual with him, he blamed it all on Hope whose obsession for the opposite gender had engendered the agenda that had endangered their lives in the end. However, Hope defended himself and offended Idle by blaming him in retaliation.
“Wasn’t this a result of your bad idea? You suggested that we should go there, didn’t you?” Hope charged at Idea.
“Do you now call it bad idea?” Idea gripped Hope’s collar. “I thought you confessed it as good idea yesterday!” Hope was speechless. Idea left him alone to have a seat, but Hope came close.
“I’m sorry big brother,” Hope apologized but Idea banged the table and yelled, “Let me be myself little Hope! Just leave me alone! Everything is ruined! We got rich begging but Malefactor made us poor again. Your Seekbeauty we couldn’t get—we almost lost our lives in the hamlet, so what is left for us to live for?”
Hope gave him a friendly tap on the shoulder to pep him up. “Everything isn’t ruined brother. At least we enjoyed the benefit of Doubt your father—remember he saved our lives. We also—”
“No benefit in Doubt!” Idea impugned. “If dad hadn’t inculcated his evil thoughts in the minds of the pitans, then no one would have done away with our money, let alone molest us.” Hope reasoned along with Idea but still maintained that everything was not ruined yet.
“What is left?” Idea demanded fast, and for a response Hope dipped his right hand into his deep right pocket and produced some notes and coins, getting Idea stupefied.
“How did you get this?” Idea questioned.
“Clever me! I’d intended to steal these steel coins and notes when you were not taking note. Now it’s going to help us.”
“So—you took these from the plate of alms?” Idea was astounded as Hope responded with a nod in the affirmative. “It’s em, er—incredible!” Idea spoke up with delight.
“And now, Idea, with these we shall get Seekbeauty.”
Before long, Hope and Idea had appeared before Seekbeauty, who was appearing as seductive as ever. She walked round them stylishly like a cock would do around a hen. When she was done, she asked, “What do you want again?”
This time, Idea took the challenge to speak. “Here’s Hope my cousin who uttered an ‘hi!’ without a dot of cash few days back. He’s right here now with your demand.”
“My demand?” Seekbeauty pronounced slowly as she beheld Hope as though she would behead him. With disgust, she said, “So where is it?”
“Right there with him,” Idea responded still. She spread her left palm before Hope and said, “Empty it here.” Hope timidly reached for the cash and delivered it into her large palm. She shook her hand in a strange manner as she looked into her palm imperviously. “Is this all?”
“Y—yes,” Hope stammered a reply of uncertainty. “Can w-we go in n-now?” Seekbeauty laughed and sauntered close to Hope. With high expectation, Hope smiled. He had just recalled the sweet words of Evil Thought and his brothers. He was shocked when he began to feel Seekbeauty’s searching hands in his pockets. However, he posed no resistance whatsoever, having poised his arms over his head. In fury, she turned Hope’s pockets inside-out and yelled, “Silly boy with empty pockets!”
“But you didn’t ask for a pocketful of cash!” Idea retaliated.
“Ssh! I know this,” Seekbeauty spoke. “I’m not too dull to forget my demand—a handful and not a pocketful. But what I have here is not a handful.” They were shocked at her declaration.
“But it’s a handful!” Hope screamed in exasperation mingled with traces of disappointment. Seekbeauty spread her palm before them again and said with a smirk, “Little boy, here’s your handful but not mine. What I demanded was my handful, not yours. Your palm is too small for a yardstick, therefore I shall chase you away with a stick in this yard and cast your cash at your face.” She put her words into action immediately, casting the coins and notes at the floor and reaching for a stick lying close to her in the yard.
“Get out of my presence since my yardstick you couldn’t meet, or I begin chasing you about in this yard with this stick.” The dumbfounded boys remained before her as humiliation engulfed them. “Get away!’ she cried still but they didn’t budge an inch. At the sight of a man with a large portmanteau, Seekbeauty cast the stick away and left them to meet him. The man had just descended a bicycle, which he had made to lean on a tree in the compound.
“I’ve been expecting you all day, Mr. Infidelity. What has kept you this late? Is it your wife again?”
“Not at all,” the man responded but Seekbeauty disbelieved him and said, “Are you sure? I hope she’s not trailing you here. Remember it was hell for me when she caught us together last week.”
Mr. Infidelity laughed off her words and said, “Don’t worry about Fidelity my wife. I’ve settled with her and settled her before coming here. She wouldn’t know I’m here since she was asleep when I slipped out of the house.”
Seekbeauty frowned and grinned almost at the same time. “You’ve settled her, meaning there’ll be no cash left to settle me, isn’t it?” She frowned again. “If so, then I’ll not let you settle on me.” Seekbeauty folded her arms and turned her back to the man childishly.
“Not that,” Mr. Infidelity grinned. “I have here with me enough cash for you alone. Let’s get in to begin our solace of love.” As the man held Seekbeauty, he sighted the two numb boys and asked, “Who are these prats?”
“They are spoilt brats,” Seekbeauty didn’t hesitate to reply. She picked up the stick again to chase them away, but they remained, unmoved, until Mr. Infidelity had said, “Leave them alone, Seekybee. I’m eager to be on your bed again.” Not until then did she cast away the stick to lead him into her flat. Hope and Idea left the scattered notes and coins on the floor as they were and left the scene in dejection.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by kenchukscole(m): 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Dedicated to YOU

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
AT THE SECOND APPROACH

Idea wept sore. He was sure of trouble at the return of his father. As usual with him, he blamed it all on Hope whose obsession for the opposite gender had engendered the agenda that had endangered their lives in the end. However, Hope defended himself and offended Idle by blaming him in retaliation.
“Wasn’t this a result of your bad idea? You suggested that we should go there, didn’t you?” Hope charged at Idea.
“Do you now call it bad idea?” Idea gripped Hope’s collar. “I thought you confessed it as good idea yesterday!” Hope was speechless. Idea left him alone to have a seat, but Hope came close.
“I’m sorry big brother,” Hope apologized but Idea banged the table and yelled, “Let me be myself little Hope! Just leave me alone! Everything is ruined! We got rich begging but Malefactor made us poor again. Your Seekbeauty we couldn’t get—we almost lost our lives in the hamlet, so what is left for us to live for?”
Hope gave him a friendly tap on the shoulder to pep him up. “Everything isn’t ruined brother. At least we enjoyed the benefit of Doubt your father—remember he saved our lives. We also—”
“No benefit in Doubt!” Idea impugned. “If dad hadn’t inculcated his evil thoughts in the minds of the pitans, then no one would have done away with our money, let alone molest us.” Hope reasoned along with Idea but still maintained that everything was not ruined yet.
“What is left?” Idea demanded fast, and for a response Hope dipped his right hand into his deep right pocket and produced some notes and coins, getting Idea stupefied.
“How did you get this?” Idea questioned.
“Clever me! I’d intended to steal these steel coins and notes when you were not taking note. Now it’s going to help us.”
“So—you took these from the plate of alms?” Idea was astounded as Hope responded with a nod in the affirmative. “It’s em, er—incredible!” Idea spoke up with delight.
“And now, Idea, with these we shall get Seekbeauty.”
Before long, Hope and Idea had appeared before Seekbeauty, who was appearing as seductive as ever. She walked round them stylishly like a cock would do around a hen. When she was done, she asked, “What do you want again?”
This time, Idea took the challenge to speak. “Here’s Hope my cousin who uttered an ‘hi!’ without a dot of cash few days back. He’s right here now with your demand.”
“My demand?” Seekbeauty pronounced slowly as she beheld Hope as though she would behead him. With disgust, she said, “So where is it?”
“Right there with him,” Idea responded still. She spread her left palm before Hope and said, “Empty it here.” Hope timidly reached for the cash and delivered it into her large palm. She shook her hand in a strange manner as she looked into her palm imperviously. “Is this all?”
“Y—yes,” Hope stammered a reply of uncertainty. “Can w-we go in n-now?” Seekbeauty laughed and sauntered close to Hope. With high expectation, Hope smiled. He had just recalled the sweet words of Evil Thought and his brothers. He was shocked when he began to feel Seekbeauty’s searching hands in his pockets. However, he posed no resistance whatsoever, having poised his arms over his head. In fury, she turned Hope’s pockets inside-out and yelled, “Silly boy with empty pockets!”
“But you didn’t ask for a pocketful of cash!” Idea retaliated.
“Ssh! I know this,” Seekbeauty spoke. “I’m not too dull to forget my demand—a handful and not a pocketful. But what I have here is not a handful.” They were shocked at her declaration.
“But it’s a handful!” Hope screamed in exasperation mingled with traces of disappointment. Seekbeauty spread her palm before them again and said with a smirk, “Little boy, here’s your handful but not mine. What I demanded was my handful, not yours. Your palm is too small for a yardstick, therefore I shall chase you away with a stick in this yard and cast your cash at your face.” She put her words into action immediately, casting the coins and notes at the floor and reaching for a stick lying close to her in the yard.
“Get out of my presence since my yardstick you couldn’t meet, or I begin chasing you about in this yard with this stick.” The dumbfounded boys remained before her as humiliation engulfed them. “Get away!’ she cried still but they didn’t budge an inch. At the sight of a man with a large portmanteau, Seekbeauty cast the stick away and left them to meet him. The man had just descended a bicycle, which he had made to lean on a tree in the compound.
“I’ve been expecting you all day, Mr. Infidelity. What has kept you this late? Is it your wife again?”
“Not at all,” the man responded but Seekbeauty disbelieved him and said, “Are you sure? I hope she’s not trailing you here. Remember it was hell for me when she caught us together last week.”
Mr. Infidelity laughed off her words and said, “Don’t worry about Fidelity my wife. I’ve settled with her and settled her before coming here. She wouldn’t know I’m here since she was asleep when I slipped out of the house.”
Seekbeauty frowned and grinned almost at the same time. “You’ve settled her, meaning there’ll be no cash left to settle me, isn’t it?” She frowned again. “If so, then I’ll not let you settle on me.” Seekbeauty folded her arms and turned her back to the man childishly.
“Not that,” Mr. Infidelity grinned. “I have here with me enough cash for you alone. Let’s get in to begin our solace of love.” As the man held Seekbeauty, he sighted the two numb boys and asked, “Who are these prats?”
“They are spoilt brats,” Seekbeauty didn’t hesitate to reply. She picked up the stick again to chase them away, but they remained, unmoved, until Mr. Infidelity had said, “Leave them alone, Seekybee. I’m eager to be on your bed again.” Not until then did she cast away the stick to lead him into her flat. Hope and Idea left the scattered notes and coins on the floor as they were and left the scene in dejection.

serves hope right

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
That hope don lose his head o. Well i don help him keep it safe. And sammy, you got a mail. Check, reply back and see to it
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
hmmm...true dat
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 26, 2013
Damex333: That hope don lose his head o. Well i don help him keep it safe. And sammy, you got a mail. Check, reply back and see to it
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 26, 2013
Good morning friends. Here's another day...happy to see it cheesy Making the maximum use of today is the best investment for tomorrow; I stand to be corrected anyway.
HAPPY NEW DAY!!!

Afterthought: pls if you really enjoy this story do me a favour by posting it on this thread: Literature Section Award Nominations.

just log on to the thread and post the following:
Genre- Adventure

Title- Hope and the Island of Greatness

Author- Sammy How

Link
https://www.nairaland.com/1224953/hope-island-greatness-fiction-allegory/17#18368510

Here's exactly how it should look: Adventure-Hope And The Island of Greatness-Sammy Hoe- https://www.nairaland.com/1224953/hope-island-greatness-fiction-allegory/17#18368510

Follow this link to visit the thread now: https://www.nairaland.com/1451024/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread/1#18368609. Thanks.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 26, 2013
Without further ado, let me continue d story now cos I may be busy for the rest of today and weekend. But I'll try coming online anyway...

Get this page specially dedicated to you by commenting on it...trigger my emotion by your comment...let's go...

Story Continuation....

In Doubt’s living room, Idea began to jump upon everything—chairs, tables, mugs. He banged them in annoyance as though they had something to do in his humiliation.
“I’ve never been so humiliated in my life. When I r@ped Virtue and Vice not a single embarrassment followed. Here am I, getting humiliated by someone whose love I never sought.” The chagrin had driven his benign grins out of his face and had glommed some wrinkles in their place to befuddle it.
Hope was silent this time. He placed his buttock on the floor and placed his head between his knees, gnashing his teeth in tears. His head ached and his knees jerked involuntarily. His stomach lurched as the bitterness of humiliation engulfed him. For the first time since Hope’s arrival, Idea walked up to his fat bed and sank into it, weeping.
Hope raised his head and saw the quotes of Mr. Doubt hung in the room. Since his arrival, he hadn’t had the opportunity to peruse them, because Seekbeauty’s thought had ravished him from the moment he stepped his heels into the house, leaving no space for other activities.
Hope began to read them one after the other:
Don’t give up on trying. If you have tried Faith, why not try Doubt also?—Doubt Despair
The fruit of Doubt is ripe. It is for every soul to taste—Doubt Despair
There are benefits in Doubt—Doubt Despair
If the Island of Greatness is existing, then there should be millions of routes leading there—Doubt Despair
Believe Doubt more than your own self—Doubt Despair
Doing alms deed makes you poorer. If you give out one out of ten, you have nine left—Doubt Despair
There’s nothing wrong in seeking Revenge, but there’s everything wrong in not seeking him—Doubt Despair
Make use of me every time, especially when you have little Faith with you—Doubt Despair
Keep your heart without diligence. Out of it are the issues of death—Doubt Despair
Double-mindedness will live in the stable all her lives—Doubt Despair
There are hidden treasures in the magazines published by the Duplicity School of Thought. Therefore peruse them to find the different routes leading to wealth—Doubt Despair.

The last quote was the one that caught Hope’s interest the most.
“Hmm!” he hummed happily as he rushed into Doubt’s study. He bent over a shelf, seeking, perhaps to find the past publications of the magazines of the Duplicity School of Thought, ignoring the fact that Mr. Experience in the Knowledge School of Thought had taught them to never gaze at the blazing cover pages of the magazines of the Duplicity let alone reading them. Hope was overjoyed as he found one published two years back over the shelf. He sat himself down on a tall chair and placed the book on the table before him. The fox colophon on the glossy cover page of the magazine produced golden flickers, captivating Hope’s attention.
“Hope,” a voice whispered but Hope was far lost in the intriguing sight of the book. “Hope!” the voice called over and over again but no response still. It was the voice of Evil Thought amplified by his brothers’.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by helensharpay(f): 6:27am On Sep 26, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Good morning friends. Here's another day...happy to see it cheesy Making the maximum use of today is the best investment for tomorrow; I stand to be corrected anyway.
HAPPY NEW DAY!!!
api new day Sammy, you are indeed a great writer. This is a real brain work, keep it up.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 26, 2013
helensharpay: api new day Sammy, you are indeed a great writer. This is a real brain work, keep it up.
Thanks thanks Helen...did you see the post I dedicated to you on this thread?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by kenchukscole(m): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2013
[quote author=Sammy Hoe]Good morning friends. Here's another day...happy to see it cheesy Making the maximum use of today is the best investment for tomorrow; I stand to be corrected anyway.
HAPPY NEW DAY!!!

same to u the main man...
hope u had a wonderful nyt bliss....you are doing a nice job buddy
ENJOY THE REST OF THE DAY
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 26, 2013
[quote author=kenchukscole][/quote]
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 26, 2013
Hi house. There is a short story competition thread for writers. According to the organizers the first prize would go for 15k or thereabout. If you have a short story ready or if you have one you want to write, pls write it and enter the competition. YOU CAN WIN IT(Don't allow Uncle Doubt suggest you can't). Visit this link for details: https://www.nairaland.com/1441838/short-story-competition/9. Do it urgently plz. Expecting to see you at the top.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by helensharpay(f): 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
Thanks thanks Helen...did you see the post I dedicated to you on this thread?
No i didn't.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
helensharpay: No i didn't.
Chapter 2 of this story was dedicated to you: page 0. Go and check it out again.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
The three sons of Mr. Liar shook Hope to call his attention but no response followed. They left him alone when he unintentionally wouldn’t pay attention to them. Fortunately, they found Idle, now turned Idea, cuddling his bed and weeping into it. At the first call of his name by Evil Thought, he responded.
“Why weeping for nothing?” asked Evil Thought.
“Seekbeauty humiliated me.”
“Humiliated you?”
“You heard me!” he snarled.
“Ha! Ha! Ha!” laughed the three brothers. Evil Thought spoke again. “It’s absurd. I mean how could she humiliate you when you are not the one cajoling her? How could she be crossed with you when you are not the one trying to cross her path? How could she tear you apart with her lips when you are not the lad seeking to have her lips go apart for your lips?”
‘But I went with Hope.”
“With Hope?” Evil Thought spoke. “That unfortunate kid? Come on, why should you go with him when you could have met her alone? Hope is still a kid, just fourteen, lacking the experience to woo a woman. You are seventeen, Seekbeauty is seventeen, therefore you are the perfect match for her, not Hope. You have lost your virginity, Seekbeauty had lost hers too, therefore you are the perfect match for her, not Hope. The Flirts’ flats is your natural home as well as her natural home, therefore you are the perfect match for her, not Hope. Dad and mum left you alone to fend for yourself just as it was done to her also, therefore you are the—”
“Perfect match for her, not Hope,” Idea chorused with Evil Thought, but the latter added, “You have done it before, Idle, ra*ping Vice successfully. If Seekbeauty wouldn’t yield, do the same to her.”
“But I’ve vowed not to r@pe any more soul in my life.”
“We are aware,” Evil Thought said with a wide grin. “So—what d’you suggest? At least your name is now Idea.”
“How do you know that?” Idea was puzzled.
“Through Hope,” they replied. Silence followed as Idea clicked his skull and said, “The idea here in my brain won’t work.”
“Say it!”
“I’m thinking of going behind Hope’s back to cajole her with my sweet mouth, but I guess it just won’t work.”
“That’s good idea, Idea, and I think it will work quite well,” Evil Thought pronounced with delight. “Why do you think it won’t?”
‘Because Seekbeauty isn’t a cheap type. You’ll need to see how she cast away the coins and notes given her by Hope. Frankly speaking, I don’t think we can get her by money. She hates us—especially me.”
Evil Thought laughed whimsically. “You can even get her without money.”
“Don’t poke fun, Evil Thought. She won’t even demand a handful from me. I guess she’ll ask for nothing less than a pocketful. If I get that, she’ll make it a bagful. If I get that she’ll say cartful, then roomful, then houseful, then—”
“Be careful not to fool yourself with your foolish words full of ‘full’. Lie still and listen to the voice of Mr. Liar’s firstborn: Seekbeauty is cheap as I said, and all you need is to sway her into your way. Have you forgotten how you swayed the only daughter of Mr. Simpleton to come down with you those days? Till date, she keeps asking for a date, peeping at you through your gate and wishing that fate would sate her lust someday by making you hers forever; only that you hate her cross-eyed face and her Caucasian race, thinking she’ll make no pretty mate. Remember, she shunned and made fun of you at first sight, calling you a puny pup, but at second sight she surrendered, renaming you a pussycat.
“But Seekbeauty isn’t cheap like her, so she won’t yield.”
“Stop chewing your Carrots of Excuses my friend. I shall now clear your doubt, thou son of Mr. Doubt.”
“How, thou son of Mr. Liar?” Idea mimicked.
“By proving to you how cheap she really is. Get to her flat and seek the coins and notes she cast away. If you find them there again, she’s not cheap and you’ll never woo her over for life. But if she has already picked them up secretly, then she’s cheap—too cheap!”

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by helensharpay(f): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
Chapter 2 of this story was dedicated to you: page 0. Go and check it out again.
thanks i really appreciate it.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 27, 2013
Good morning house. Hope you heard a nice night.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2013
story update

Idea was delighted with the idea. He hurried to Seekbeauty’s spot to find it out. He almost collapsed for shock when he found the ground swept clean without the money left there. He saw the proof in the bangle of Seekbeauty lying on the floor, having fallen off her wrist unnoticed while she was busy picking the coins and notes in a hurry. Quickly, Idea picked the bangle and held it close to his chest, smiling.
In the meanwhile, the three sons of Mr. Liar came back to Hope but found him engrossed in the magazine, just like before. Hope closed the book eventually and turned his head sideways, smiling with glee. Then he saw Evil Thought and his brothers standing by.
“Have you been here for too long?” Hope asked.
“Certainly!” they replied with delight. “You were so much engrossed in that magazine, giving no room for us to speak with you.”
“You’re right! I found something quite interesting here!”
“Interesting?” they remarked.
“What is it like?” Evil Thought asked quickly.
“Like getting rich in few weeks and getting to the Island of Greatness easily.”
“Shut up!” Evil Thought charged at him and snatched from him the green magazine as he said, “Idle is betraying you, yet you sit here thinking of that unreal island!”
“Betraying me? How?”
“He’s gone to seek Seekbeauty secretly to have her as his own inamorata and not yours anymore.”
“It’s impossible!”
“Don’t be silly little boy. Come with us to see for yourself. If you aren’t blind then you’d be able to see him through the blind of this window.”
Hope rushed to the window and peeped. He saw Idle walking back slowly from Seekbeauty’s flat. At the sight of Seekbeauty’s bangle in his hand, Hope had no more reason to doubt Evil Thought.
“I will tear him apart!” hollered Hope in annoyance, but his three friends warned him to keep silent and pretend as though he hadn’t seen anything. However, they asked him to return to the study to eavesdrop.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2013
Good day every one: Karev_white, Damex333, Michaellegend, Gameboy727, Kenchukscole, Kentochi, Helensharpay, T ice, Izukwu, Joble, Joseff14, etc. If you hear your name say 'Present'.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 10:48am On Sep 28, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Good day every one: Karev_white, Damex33, Michaellegend, Gameboy727, Kenchukscole, Kentochi, Helensharpay, T ice, Izukwu, Joble, Joseff14, etc. If you hear your name say 'Present'.
present
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by tIce(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Good day every one: Karev_white, Damex33, Michaellegend, Gameboy727, Kenchukscole, Kentochi, Helensharpay, T ice, Izukwu, Joble, Joseff14, etc. If you hear your name say 'Present'.
PRESENT
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
'present'
Sammy wetin dey happen nah? abeg update dis thread nah

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Scents Of Lust / Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Broken Bottle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.