Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? (4008 Views)

When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake / High Blood Pressure (bp) Can Compromise Your Love Life / Would You Compromise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by xynerise: 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
Would give up the things you want the most, more like your happiness, just for the success of your relationship?
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by greedie1(f): 3:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
hmmmm..
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by xynerise: 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
gree-die:
hmmmm..
The question hard? grin
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by mysticgal(f): 4:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
NO,cos without my happiness the relationship cannot just workout.
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Kosigift(f): 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2013
Yea, i tink i can compromise anytin 4 d succes of my r/shp(especially in marriage) so long as woteva it is, isn't against my belief. Secondly, seeing dat my relationshp is sucessful shud be a form of hapines to mi so sacrificing one form of hapines 4 anoda form of hapines isn't really a bad idea...
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by obowunmi(m): 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
If you have to go as far as compromising your happiness, that means it is not meant to be. You better leave such a relationship - life is short and you don't want to live in regret.

1 Like

Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 14, 2013
obowunmi: If you have to go as far as compromising your happiness, that means it is not meant to be. You better leave such a relationship - life is short and you don't want to live in regret.
exactly,you've said my mind.a relationship has to be a win win situation otherwise it wont work,both parties have to be happy

1 Like

Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by jnrprof(m): 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
Your relationship should make you happy and not deprive you of happiness! If you have to compromise, than you are in prison an not in a relationship

1 Like

Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Kosigift(f): 6:57pm On Mar 14, 2013
jnr prof: Your relationship should make you happy and not deprive you of happiness! If you have to compromise, than you are in prison an not in a relationship
i laugh in swahili... Did u 4get dat wot makes one happy is subjective? As such if i derive my happines 4rm seeing odas around mi happy, does dat make mi imprisoned? Smh
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by greedie1(f): 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
xynerise:
The question hard? grin
yes o
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by xynerise: 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
gree-die:

yes o
is because you refuse to read tongue
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Hourglass4real: 10:35am On Mar 15, 2013
Hi everyone,am new here... Hop 2 b welcomd by al. Back 2 d topic, its nt right 4 one 2 compromise ones hapiness 4 a r/ship because if u aren't hapi in d r/ship in d first place,then u shldnt b in it at al. Sacrificing ur own hapiness won't mak any difference. Dats my humbl opinion
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Nnekacherry: 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
Well.. This is a very tricky question.
Because here, the term 'happiness' can be anything.. It can come in different forms or aspects..
For example.. If it's a guy that likes smoking and his babe doesn't like it, he will be forced to stop smoking or atleast start making attempts to stop, inorder to save his relationship.. Now thats sacrifice..

Or a lady that likes having guys around her, not realy for anything but just enjoys having them around and her man starts complaining, she may be forced to make herself unavailable for these guys, just to save her relationship..

So happiness here depends on the aspect you are talking about...
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by xynerise: 12:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
Nnekacherry: Well.. This is a very tricky question.
Because here, the term 'happiness' can be anything.. It can come in different forms or aspects..
For example.. If it's a guy that likes smoking and his babe doesn't like it, he will be forced to stop smoking or atleast start making attempts to stop, inorder to save his relationship.. Now thats sacrifice..

Or a lady that likes having guys around her, not realy for anything but just enjoys having them around and her man starts complaining, she may be forced to make herself unavailable for these guys, just to save her relationship..

So happiness here depends on the aspect you are talking about...
I am not good in writting rigmaroles but what you wrote is exactly my point. Thanks a lot.
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by trixandra(f): 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
xynerise:
I am not good in writting rigmaroles but what you wrote is exactly my point. Thanks a lot.
so why did you now open this thread?
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by xynerise: 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
trixandra: so why did you now open this thread?
huh? Who be this one? Dont you understand my post? I thanked her for explaining better. undecided
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by KINGwax(m): 12:42pm On Mar 15, 2013
My people, calm down...
I av always warned dt u do d rigt thing...ok?
Wen u watch tv, dnt watch d back of d tv....wen u read books, dnt read d bar codes...and wen u reason, be wise!!
Now, back to topic:
Let's assume dt wen I go clubbing, I'm alwys a happy guy. Now I met ds chick, a dream girl who won't hear of clubbbing, is it so bad I let go of dt which makes me happy to make d relationship succeed?
Av seen me guys who gave up drinkin with frnds evry friday nite cos d girl detests it!
Av seen me girls throwin away the art of face painting called make-up jes to please their guy!
Av seen me girls who stop moving with some particular frnds cos it threatens the relationship.
So,will all y'all who'd jes popped open ur mouth like a crown caps of pepsi and letting out a 'NO and NEVER' like a mad man belching post a remix after y'all go ay the proper way to rethink?
Now, while at dt, allow me pop up ma happiness with a bottle or harp!

1 Like

Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by xynerise: 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
mysticgal: NO,cos without my happiness the relationship cannot just workout.
If you love clubbing and your boyfriend/husband said you should quit, you will tell him to go to hell right? And you think your relationship will workout?
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
obowunmi: If you have to go as far as compromising your happiness, that means it is not meant to be. You better leave such a relationship - life is short and you don't want to live in regret.
in the context of an isolated relationship (where I can afford to ignore external factors), I largely agree with you.

But as this is not often the case, the OPs question is difficult to answer imo. He alone is unable to control my entire happiness in life, even if we were perfectly suited sad
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Adaeze003(f): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
If I aint happy then what's the point
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
[size=13pt]No. If I'm not happy, then that relationship is doomed to fail. Simple.[/size]
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by xynerise: 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]No. If I'm not happy, then that relationship is doomed to fail. Simple.[/size]
sexkillz take note
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2013
[size=13pt]Lmao.[/size]
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2013
xynerise:
sexkillz take note
I told her what to write. grin
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 8:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
What's the point of a relationship if I am not happy?
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by xynerise: 4:07am On Mar 16, 2013
sexkillz: I told her what to write. grin
Liar. She is controlling you undecided. Chai! Sexkillz is gone undecided
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 4:55am On Mar 16, 2013
[size=13pt]Impossicant! angry[/size]
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by xynerise: 5:13am On Mar 16, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Impossicant! angry[/size]
What? Its common in our society. Stop pretending. angry
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 16, 2013
xynerise: What? Its common in our society. Stop pretending. angry

[size=13pt]It may be common but Ogugua di uncommon cool

I can't control him and I've never wished to. His happiness is just as important as mine cheesy[/size]
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by xynerise: 7:00am On Mar 16, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]It may be common but Ogugua di uncommon cool

I can't control him and I've never wished to. His happiness is just as important as mine cheesy[/size]
That is the message I am trying to pass here. I gave an instance with clubbing. If you love clubbing and sexkillz being archaic detest it, would you give it up just to avoid wahala in your relationship? There is something you may like that he doesnt. Can you give it up for him?
Re: Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2013
[size=13pt]To me, there are levels of happiness. There may be things that I or a person does that my or his/her significant other doesn't appreciate, but I certainly derive more happiness from him and his happiness then I ever could from clubbing or any other thing that he may not like. I think it depends on how serious the relationship is. At one point, people have to grow up and compromise for his or her partner, or the relationship is bound to fail. People can't be selfish. If that means no clubbing, then so be it. Sexkillz is worth it cool[/size]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The one big secret that will fetch girls for you forever- A MUST READ! MEN ONLY. / Why Do Most Women Find It Hard To Pick Their Calls Immediately? / My Chat With My New Girlfriend On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.