Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (64958 Views)

Transcript Interview Of Commandant Obafaiye Shem At Channelstv#my Oga At The Top / My "Oga At The Top" Obafaiye Shem Sunday Attended UNILAG / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Mustay(m): 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
Nigerians are not foolish to laugh at this - I tell you, they know what they are doing. They can laugh at their problems in line with Fela's "shuffering and shmiling" but they know when to stop. The joke will die with time - ask BABA IYABO or Patience Faka Jonathan.

If you talk about loving their nation, I take you back to USA basketball team beating us at the Olympics. We yabbed them and made fun of them, but when the American girl told us the truth about NEPA + Ghanaians trying to yab, us too, the table immediately turned that we didn't need a rebranding campaign to defend our nation. (The incidences were on Twitter)

You cannot tell the people when to laugh or cry, that wil be like attempting a "Nineteen Eighty-Four".
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Hassan11: 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
abes: even the oga at the top need to ask another oga at the top

confirm!
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by koolblu1(m): 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
The joke should continue for as long as it can. The man is a proper example of our government. They know nothing at all.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Venchy: 1:52am On Mar 17, 2013
acidtalk: Most graduates who are having a filled day mocking the man cannot speak or write better if given the opportunity,

So many people almost give up the ghost when asked to speak to a few people and here is a man sitting right in front of various camera's knowing fully well that he is being viewed by over 170million people across the globe.

Instead of us mocking his grammatical flaws and lack of technological knowledge, let us ask ourselves if this man that came to represent his agency was able to do justice to clear the air of the corrupt allegations made against his organization or not.

There's obviously a very long way for Nigerian youths to go before getting off the grip of the present day politicians.

My brother get REAL and don't be too sentimental, we have been let down far too long by so called AGO AT THE TOP.

this is why we are where we are, wrong people are running NIGERIA that's why we are on the brink.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by nzeaji(m): 3:25am On Mar 17, 2013
1supremo: The "My Oga at the Top" jokes need not stop in a hurry. The man parried almost all the questions posed at him by either redirecting them to some department or some superior officer somewhere outside of the TV station. I think the longer the tauntings are sustained the better becomes our chances of having accountable individuals as prominent public office holders- the fear of prolonged tauntings should make sure of that. Nigerians are very far from deriving much benefits from their over-a-decade-long democracy; if this blooper eases their tension, I see no reason why they should not enjoy the moment to the fullest; after all, this is a country where the leadership "doesn't give a damn" about upholding oaths made upon assumption of office, though it oughtn't be that way!
Looks to me like the initiator of this thread is ignorant of the multifarious health benefits of laughter. We need more bloopers from the top please!
Don't ever think of telling a whole nation to repress this feeling. It is good! DAZZ ALL!

I love the way you write. I think you just spoke the simple truth. wink

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by GLOBALINF: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2013
You all are making mess of ''MY OGA AT THE TOP" ... have you reasoned the blunders "OUR MADAM AT THE TOP" makes when speaking! Abeg all our leaders are the same. bunch of stack illiterates. 95% of our leaders cannot even recite our common national anthem. Yet they claim they are patriotic. Ask the chairman of Nigerian population Commission the total population of this country, i bet he or she can never give you a reasonable figure because he/she didn't know. So what are we saying......... If the minister of Sport for example happens to be an ex-military general, how can we obtain victory in our sporting activities (as if they use guns and bombs to play football) when we have ex-sport heroes wasting away ( those that have dedicated all their life to sports). Its high time we all need to wake up and let these confused governments knows what is right for them by using all available means known to mankind to expose all their flaws and ill-doings ...... When we start exposing them in this manner, it will sink down to their brain that the salaries they collect(including the ones they stole) belongs to all Nigerians. Hence they need to take their job seriously and see how they can move this country forward.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by WuzilistiQ(m): 11:14am On Mar 17, 2013
I know Mr. Shem will be depressed for this thing i must say sincerely that i feel for him, but our country and the ''Ogas at the top'' are not helping this country grow, they'll create a micro-finance bank for the poor to access, ''na dem dem go use the back door of the bank wthdraw all the money to demselves'', no government owned business is active except revenue offices, the rest should go to hell and burn to ashes, all what the ''Ogas @ the top'' wants is Loyalty just as Mr. Shem did, they all want to be at the Top, they told us that we are the leaders of tomorrow yet they've been at the top since the creation of this country, even a service like the civil defence and a man of that nature couldn't show some decorum in front of the cameras and people blame it on the presenters, i must say that i really feel for his family but this stone is not aimed at his family but at the entire government that couldn't send all their employees to recieve proper training, this issue is a very serious one but has to be treated well for it affects even our primary schools where the english teachers can't speak fluent english, so we need to address this problem from the bottom before we go to the top THATS ALL i have to say.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
So many of us are still scared of answering this simple question.

How Many Of Us Know Our School Or Office's Website Without Using Google?

https://www.nairaland.com/1227898/know-school-offices-website-without

If we can't answer then we are worse than the "Oga At The Top's Boy"
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by seyibrown(f): 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
..... at least, y'all getting beautiful T-Shirts out the matter! cool ... and I hope all the other MOATT boys (and girls) will not ever SHEM themselves in public like this again! cool cool
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Mustay(m): 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
acidtalk: So many of us are still scared of answering this simple question.

How Many Of Us Know Our School Or Office's Website Without Using Google?

https://www.nairaland.com/1227898/know-school-offices-website-without

If we can't answer then we are worse than the "Oga At The Top's Boy"

Apples and Oranges!!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
WuzilistiQ: I know Mr. Shem will be depressed for this thing i must say sincerely that i feel for him, but our country and the ''Ogas at the top'' are not helping this country grow, they'll create a micro-finance bank for the poor to access, ''na dem dem go use the back door of the bank wthdraw all the money to demselves'', no government owned business is active except revenue offices, the rest should go to hell and burn to ashes, all what the ''Ogas @ the top'' wants is Loyalty just as Mr. Shem did, they all want to be at the Top, they told us that we are the leaders of tomorrow yet they've been at the top since the creation of this country, even a service like the civil defence and a man of that nature couldn't show some decorum in front of the cameras and people blame it on the presenters, i must say that i really feel for his family but this stone is not aimed at his family but at the entire government that couldn't send all their employees to recieve proper training, this issue is a very serious one but has to be treated well for it affects even our primary schools where the english teachers can't speak fluent english, so we need to address this problem from the bottom before we go to the top THATS ALL i have to say.
I love this, please can I quote u on my facebook page?
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by WuzilistiQ(m): 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2013
cogitoErgo:
I love this, please can I quote u on my facebook page?

Why not? Its good to let everyone know how we feel....go on, do ur tin.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by ogbonoeba: 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
@acidtalk,
I personally intend to start my own small business with Oga at The Top shirts. grin
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
nzeaji:

I love the way you write. I think you just spoke the simple truth. wink
Compliments acknowledged. Thank you!
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 7:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
ogbonoeba: @acidtalk,
I personally intend to start my own small business with Oga at The Top shirts. grin

You might end up in prison. The Senate just passed a bill to arrest whoever wear or utter the "My Oga At The Top" in public.

Shey you no mind kirikiri sha?
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Venchy: 8:03pm On Mar 17, 2013
acidtalk:

You might end up in prison. The Senate just passed a bill to arrest whoever wear or utter the "My Oga At The Top" in public.

I guess you are joking and if it's real then Nigeria is FINISHED[/b]because it's sounds like a [b]DICTATORSHIP[/b]instead of Democratic world that allows freedom of speech......At the same time i won't be surprise as we have [b]INCOMPETENT OGA'S as SENATORS.

Nigeria is the only country where idiot wakes up to find his or herself in top position.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Venchy: 8:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
acidtalk:

I really don't understand why you are always praising failures, every comment you makes on this NL is always on the side of Crooks leading Nigeria, abi you are RUBEN ABATI or government spokes man.

This is why Nigeria is on the Brink.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
Venchy:

I really don't understand why you are always praising failures, every comment you makes on this NL is always on the side of Crooks leading Nigeria, abi you are RUBEN ABATI or government spokes man.

This is why Nigeria is on the Brink.

You might need to replace your eye glasses with a Telescope. Either you are just joining nairaland or you have been blind all along and just regained your eyesight for you to say I am on the side of the government.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
acidtalk:

You might need to replace your eye glasses with a Telescope. Either you are just joining nairaland or you have been blind all along and just regained your eyesight for you to say I am on the side of the government.

You do realize that this thread you started rather went the other way, to still laugh. You should have known that things die down as soon as possible...but you just wanted to make a stupid point, as if you also didn't laugh while watching the interview. At least you've learned.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
masonkz:

You do realize that this thread you started rather went the other way, to still laugh. You should have known that things die down as soon as possible...but you just wanted to make a stupid point, as if you also didn't laugh while watching the interview. At least you've learned.

It was derailed because silly fools like you are yet to go extinct.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 19, 2013
acidtalk:

It was derailed because silly fools like you are yet to go extinct.

And we won't go extinct till you learn to stop making unnecessary noise. Keep being frustrated.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 19, 2013
acidtalk:

Okija has never been an intelligent person so pardon him. He only strives to prove his stu*pidity on meaningless issues.
I concur.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by ogbonoeba: 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
acidtalk:

Since I live in the United States of America where we value freedom of speech, it does not really matter now does it?
wink
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
Oahray: babe, how far? E don tey o.
guy I just dey here dey laugh o! Whatcha been up to?
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
acidtalk:

arrested for wearing a shirt...wch crime is that? undecided
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
mondi_cheeks: arrested for wearing a shirt...wch crime is that? undecided

Only in Nigeria...and he's proud of that!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
masonkz:

Only in Nigeria...and he's proud of that!!
I think acidtalk is the "my oga at the top" guy angry pls acidtalk... are u shem? grin
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by tjmc: 9:15am On Apr 19, 2013
So dis MY OGA AT THE TOP has reached page 14,
Passing all ur recommendations and suggestions now to MY OGA AT THE TOP asAp
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by drnoel: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
ok, when my Oga At The Top joke stops people can console themselve with my madam at the top jokes
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by bealuv(f): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
erm i thought we were done with this stuff
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by davseun2ta(m): 8:50am On Apr 25, 2013
the joke is no longer funny, but the video is still a hit!!! going through it again makes me laugh out my tummy... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ... I REMAIN LOYAL,TO MY OGA AT THE TOP!
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by stanleybez: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
ahahah...my oga at the is one that can't be forgotten.but b4 i say anything i will need to consult my oga at d top.ahahah

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Eneche Blasts Governors / Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu: Who Would You Prefer As President Among The 3 In 2023? / Alex Otti Sworn-In As Abia Governor, Ikechukwu Emetu As Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.