Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,259 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked (17357 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
Revoke the damn thing and investigate how much was paid to Dumerem or whatever his pseudo name is. No wonder they were up in arms when he was sacked. Damned fools
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by chucky234(m): 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
InvertedHammer:

LOL grin grin grin

U guys no dey sleep?
Sleep by this time abi na underworld you dey live

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by chucky234(m): 8:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
toothpaste: Revoke the damn thing and investigate how much was paid to Dumerem or whatever his pseudo name is. No wonder they were up in arms when he was sacked. Damned fools
Another ranting chronic mor0n

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by okechukwu2013: 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
Is this the best they can do? Revocation of license is not the solution to the problem facing the industry. Is the accident investigation not yet concluded? When will the findings be made known to Nigerians? From ADC to Belview & Sosoliso crashes now DANA crash not even including about 6 helicopter fatal crashes no single investigation findings have been made public. Why the cover up? Accidents are bound to occur and the aim of investigating the cause is it to put in place corrective measures to avert it re occuring but in our country case, this has never been the style. What we only hear is suspend, revoke, sack, set up uncountable committees! It is quite pathetic and frustrating!

4 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Ijebulogic(m): 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
Haba Dear FGN - give the public some information on the reason for the ban. This is not the military era.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by hardbody: 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
I was actually trying to book my flight against Easter trip to the east, now I am scared, I may either go by road, or completely skip this Easter a beg. Which reminds me, I drove to Ojo Alaba today and I realized that all these talk about eko o nibaje is rubbish, I spent a cumulative 6 hours to and from barracks and I regret every minute and hour I spent on that road with near misses by other road users.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Catlanta: 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
We love sentiments too much in this country. I flew dana airline recently and the flight was FULL, If so many people feel so strongly about grounding the airline why not just boycott flying with them.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Artistree: 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
And 2 think dat I was beside myself with joy dat my friend got her job back! She almost died from d trauma of losing 7 of her female colleagues in d ill-fated crash & losing her job 2, now dis! Hia, d govt should punish dem once & 4all now, instead of tossing dem here & dere. Fly 2day, don't fly 2moro...
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Reptyle(m): 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
Banning all these airlines and suspending others...soon Nigerians will begin to pay 100k and above for a return ticket to Abuja on Arik Air...at least until they record a crash. Then we punish them with a ban and throw thousands of Nigerians out of jobs. Then we wait for the next crash so we can keep up the same bizarre cycle. Like someone mentioned earlier, the next crash will not be a Dana Air flight so be very wary of that local flight you are paying a premium to get on.

In other news, more airports are scheduled to be shut down and repainted as part of the FG's drive to restore the confidence of the traveling public...

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by blackbeau1(f): 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
Perfect.they should have done this since

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by mhm(m): 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
ihope the authorities can support this action with cogent reason for the withdrawal. did they not pass through aggressive tests before being re issued their license? many airlines the world over do unfortunately have accidents, the key action is to try to identify the cause and ensure that measures are put to prevent a re ccurence. just yesterday I watched a documentary on the crash of a British airways aircraft just a couple of years ago, fault was accumulation of ice in the fueling system. this has been rectified on all boeing 777's.

I hope this decision was not made purely on emotions.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by holytribe(m): 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
chucky234: And is it the right thing if I may ask?
Plane crashes happens everywhere but Nigeria is the only country where operators' licenses are revoked simply because one the aircraft in their fleet crashed,between 2004 and 2011 about 28 plane crashes where recorded in the US but no operator's certificate was revoked rather they investigated the causes of the various crashes and worked on improving them.
If the FG revoked certificate of Dana just because only one of its plane crashed then they should stop those transport companies whose buses waste lives daily on our highways due to reckless driving,faulty buses and inexperience drivers.

Abt four yrs ago... Air france crashed into the ocean... And uptil now, the licence was not revoked instead the next available flight by Air France took off. Those honourables and senators that are supporting the revocation of Dana Air licence are those who have a personal hattred for the company. And to uncle Jonathan, how many bills have been passed by this so called rotten house of assembly dat u signed or stick to their observation? Y Dana

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by InvertedHammer: 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2013

AERO staff on strike...

DANA Operating License withdrawn...

ARIK

Interesting time in Aviation in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by metti(m): 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
Plane crashes happens everywhere but Nigeria is the only country where operators' licenses are revoked simply because one the aircraft in their fleet crashed,between 2004 and 2011 about 28 plane crashes where recorded in the US but no operator's certificate was revoked rather they investigated the causes of the various crashes and worked on improving them.
If the FG revoked certificate of Dana just because only one of its plane crashed then they should stop those transport companies whose buses waste lives daily on our highways due to reckless driving,faulty buses and inexperience drivers.

Please what is the source of your statistics concerning plane crashes in the US?
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by warrikid(m): 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
I honestly don't know who is more confused in Nigeria,the leaders or the followers.
For some people here to support this action as if its d best in the general interest.
Wat happened to the investigation reports of all previous crashes b4 Dana's.
Civilised people work wit dat information to improve on standards and avert future occurences,buh Nigeria own na back dem dey do am dey go.
Dis country breaks my heart on a daily basis I swear.
I better learn to toss all dier rubbish off my mind b4 I begin get unwarranted headache for d matters .

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by tit(f): 9:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
dana license is being revoked for conspiracy to fly unairworthy craft.
demueren and some others were sacked for either not putting or using a system for clearing aircraft for flight operations or deliberately clearing unfit aircraft.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by jajajaja828: 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
GEJ i dey buy fuel Ƒσя 105 that one ₪☺ be issue. I voted Ƒσя U̶̲̥̅̊ at Rumuigbo port harcourt. Pls prove t̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊ us using М̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ lecturer Prof Nebo that i ll be see Nepa light at least everyday so it ll motivate M̶̲̥̅ƺ t̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊ Vote Ƒσя U̶̲̥̅̊ again pls М̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ President. Have a long life. ₪☺ weapon fashion against U̶̲̥̅̊ shall prosper, i shall remember I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ М̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ prayers. Pls use ur good office and do a good work pls. Nigeria has money. Help us. Bless U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by ShaksBaba: 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2013

Dana's license was not suspended just because of mere crash. There was an established case of obvious negligence.

The planes were not fit to fly. Same plane witnessed near mis hap several times in the weeks preceding the crash according to

1 Passengers that boarded the air craft before the crash
2. some staffer of Dana

Nigerians with very short memories.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by ShaksBaba: 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2013

Dana's license was not suspended just because of mere crash. There was an established case of obvious negligence.

The planes were not fit to fly. Same plane witnessed near mis hap several times in the weeks preceding the crash according to

2. some staffer of Dana

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
gistme24: Was DANA AIR found culpable for the crash ? The good thing about this is that other operators will seat up and take extra care. But what happens to the jobs that would be lost ?
I feel a heavy sanction would have been better.
Easy for u to say,because u didn't lose a loved one in that crash. angry
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by ugees(m): 9:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
yuzedo: Great! Now airfares'll go back up like crazy! undecided
Gbam!
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by chucky234(m): 9:21pm On Mar 17, 2013
metti:

Please what is the source of your statistics concerning plane crashes in the US?
In this age you are asking for source,simply type "record of plane crashes in the USA with date" into google then come back here to analyse your result(s).
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Icecomrade: 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2013
I was one of the few Nigerians who felt angered by reissuance of operating license to Dana Airline. While full compensations for the victims have not been met. The immediate and remote cause of the crash has not been made known to Nigerians. People must learn to take responsibility for their acts or ommissions. Jona. Thanks for doing the right thing
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by chucky234(m): 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
Shaks Baba:

2. some staffer of Dana

Dana airline was the reason why many people are able to fly,they made fares competitive.
I boarded one of their flights to Abuja for just 18k in 2009 and the experience was ok,Baba Dee sat next to me on my return flight to Lagos that's to tell you how effective Dana was.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by ochukoccna: 9:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
Better late than never
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
We can now say Demuren was culpable !
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by dougivilla(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
sluvy4tune: I wonder why we just can't be sincere in this country even when peoples life is at stake another Dana crash was averted on saturday enroute Abuja , Even the press is silent over the issue...the only saving grace was that the plane almost landing before one of its engine went bad...Kai I pity Nigerians !!!
source?
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by rose002(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
undecided I should av knwn FG and Dana Air dey r birds of d same feather
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by TableLeg(m): 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
The aviation industry in Nigeria needs some serious cleansing ..... from top down
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by dougivilla(m): 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
Catlanta: We love sentiments too much in this country. I flew dana airline recently and the flight was FULL, If so many people feel so strongly about grounding the airline why not just boycott flying with them.
If any of ur loved ones was involved in d last crash, i wonder what ur story would av been. Anyway, una patronage na awoof related patronage and sooner or later, awoof go run ur belle.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by deelobe: 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Finally the souls of those who were murdered by Dana air and their family members can now rest. It was long overdue.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by thelastPope(m): 9:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
chucky234: Dana airline was the reason why many people are able to fly,they made fares competitive.
I boarded one of their flights to Abuja for just 18k in 2009 and the experience was ok,Baba Dee sat next to me on my return flight to Lagos that's to tell you how effective Dana was.

You see where your bigotted hate for GEJ has gotten you? You now go against everything GEJ does no matter how good it is, just to discredit him but in your haste, you shoot yourself in the foot and make a mockery of yourself. You support an evil company that wasted human lives just because you want to make GEJ look bad. You support evil men that kept flying a plane against the complaints of passengers and staff. An airline, that kept managing engines just to make money for its owners without caring about human souls. You along with the Dana management will answer for the blood spilled. You are pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park / Airports: Where Do Seized Items Go To After Check In ? / Niger Republic Dumps Nigeria, Opts For Ghana, Cotonou Ports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.