Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) (9493 Views)

Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Boomark:
Thank you dear. Even the pagans give testimonies in their shrine. They also dream dreams. If demons are working through the images for them, that is it for them. They are not Christians.
If you are a Christian and want to follow Christ, then you have to worship God in truth and in spirit.

Some dreams and visions are from God,we as christians ought to pray 2GOD 4direction.u remembr joseph,samuel,david etc
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 9:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
Boomark:
the bolded is where you get it wrong. You don't do it however you want. Christ said, "worship God in TRUTH."
The spirit searched the hearts of the samaritans and saw that they fear God but they worship idol. The means they were using was wrong.
You don't kneel be an idol to pray, hoping to receive answers from God. No! It is amadioha that will answer. I don't mean you in particular. cheesy

Lol.buh d 'However means' i meant in my post is the 'Freewill' God gave us.itz between You and your God.4rm ur contrite heart to God's ears.even devil knws God and shudders at the mention of His name.d diff btwn us and d samaritans is dat we dnt pray to dem idols bt 2GOD and He answers.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 10:18pm On Apr 04, 2013
Missonas:

Cant believe in d authenticity of dose pix.cant evn view em properly as im using a fone.FYI i am NOT unda d authority of satan,dnt use dose words.thkyu

if u cant get a clear view, then go to d cyber cafe and google, their are hundreds of them. i hav worship in catholic befornd i see them do it. am not speaking just becaus i hate catholic, no, i lov the members, bu i detest their teachings, because ibis unbiblical. i was also also a member of white garment church before, where they use candles and sometimes images, coconuts an some other materials to make prayers. when i discovered the truth in the bible, i have to leave such place, knowing fully well that the Lord had made me to know the truth, so no waist of time....have to scram. that is how it should be to every believer. get to compare your church doctrine with the bible. th bible says, " by their fruits you shall know them." dont be deceived!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 10:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
peteregwu:
if u cant get a clear view, then go to d cyber cafe and google, their are hundreds of them. i hav worship in catholic befornd i see them do it. am not speaking just becaus i hate catholic, no, i lov the members, bu i detest their teachings, because ibis unbiblical. i was also also a member of white garment church before, where they use candles and sometimes images, coconuts an some other materials to make prayers. when i discovered the truth in the bible, i have to leave such place, knowing fully well that the Lord had made me to know the truth, so no waist of time....have to scram. that is how it should be to every believer. get to compare your church doctrine with the bible. th bible says, " by their fruits you shall know them." dont be deceived!

okies u one of dem church 'prostitutes'.lol.jst kidding.i read my bible errday and itz in conformity with wat my church teaches,im nt being decieved.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 10:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
Boomark:
1 How can you be in love with me while you use ijawkid's picture to imagine me in you heart? angry angry
2 You can't use another man's picture to imagine and feel Christ. You feel that man not Christ.
Ask yourself how sure you are that the different pictures you are using are of Christ. See how all of them differ.

Pls read dat post well again!!!u obviously dint get my explanation
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 7:50am On Apr 05, 2013
Missonas:

Pls read dat post well again!!!u obviously dint get my explanation

I got your post

Missonas:
Who is Baal??we dnt av
images of snakes and d
likes.when u think of Jesus
how do u imagine him in ur
mind's eye?we depicted that
in pictures and statues though
we dnt noe aw they all luk lyk

we jst imagine.these patron
saints all lived deir lives in the
Service of GOD.

So whose picture do you use if it is not Jesus' picture?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 11:40am On Apr 05, 2013
Boomark:

NO.

So is my "no" answer the reason why catholics pray to Mary?

can't you see that you are a mumu?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 11:43am On Apr 05, 2013
Boomark:

What she did was for those that don't know Christ. Abi?

So are you saying that since Catholics don't know Christ, Mary has to continually intervene and beg on their behalf as they pray to her?

Mumu. Who said we don't know Christ?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2013

^^^^

You call this worshiping Jesus. undecided

Am I missing something here gents ?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 11:56am On Apr 05, 2013
peteregwu:

so candles are bad also Gosh! Educated illiterate. D fact dat u speak English dsnt mean u are educated.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 11:58am On Apr 05, 2013
frosbel:

^^^^

Where and on what occassion did this happen Frosbel?? U are so jobless errr...kai! Tufiakwa gi! Keep on showcasing ur joblessness....d Catholic church will FOREVER stanÐ.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
Richieboyn:

Where and on what occassion did this happen Frosbel?? U are so jobless errr...kai! Tufiakwa gi! Keep on showcasing ur joblessness....d Catholic church will FOREVER stanÐ.

I am working as we speak grin
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
That isnt worshipping Jesus. This here, is worshipping Jesus:

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
italo: That isnt worshipping Jesus. This here, is worshipping Jesus:

we as protestants accept that there are false protestants among us. But i wonder why catholics cant admit the gross paganism in them?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Omenuko(m): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
Segeggs: we as protestants accept that there are false protestants among us. But i wonder why catholics cant admit the gross paganism in them?

Simple: We don't think it anti-biblical or go against sacred traditions (i.e., veneration of saints or sacramentals)...rather, come directly from the Church.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
Omenuko:

Simple: We don't think it anti-biblical or go against sacred traditions (i.e., veneration of saints or sacramentals)...rather, come directly from the Church.
i dont understand you
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by tobechi20(m): 7:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
Segeggs: we as protestants accept that there are false protestants among us. But i wonder why catholics cant admit the gross paganism in them?
d u agree ur own church is false?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Omenuko(m): 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
Segeggs: i dont understand you

What don't you understand? If you followed this thread from page 1, you will find the Biblical and/or theological answers to why Catholics practice some of the things you find objectionable. Just because you find them objectionable does not mean it is anti-biblical or contrary to sacred Church tradition.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 1:05am On Apr 06, 2013
Missonas:

okies u one of dem church 'prostitutes'.lol.jst kidding.i read my bible errday and itz in conformity with wat my church teaches,im nt being decieved.

hmmm..now u are beginning to make me wonder.... undecided "i read my bible errday and itz in conformity with wat my church teaches,im nt being decieved."
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by henrisco: 3:24am On Apr 06, 2013
Who said the millions of christians killed by the roman catholic church were pagans? That is the biggest lie of our generation. The millions they killed were the true christians that chose to obey GOD Instead of the tradition of the catholic church. Do you know that the papacy wanted to elimate the bible completely? Whoever was seen with bible was either killed or jailed. This evil act was carried out for 1260
years just as predicted by the book of Daniel 7:25, before the french authority captured the pope. Catholics should repent and serve God instead of the papacy.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 6:44am On Apr 06, 2013
henrisco: Who said the millions of christians killed by the roman catholic church were pagans? That is the biggest lie of our generation. The millions they killed were the true christians that chose to obey GOD Instead of the tradition of the catholic church.

Give us credible evidence of this so that we may believe you are not just lying out of hatred for the Catholic Church.

henrisco: Do you know that the papacy wanted to elimate the bible completely?

We dont know. Give us evidence that the papacy that created the Bible, compiled it, named it, all of a sudden wanted to eliminate it.

henrisco: Whoever was seen with bible was either killed or jailed.

Give credible evidence of this too.

henrisco: This evil act was carried out for 1260
years just as predicted by the book of Daniel 7:25, before the french authority captured the pope.

Evidence! Evidence!! Otherwise, you are just another lying anti-Catholic to me.

henrisco: Catholics should repent and serve God instead of the papacy.

I am Catholic and I serve God, not the Papacy so I dont know what you are talking about here. Can you explain how you entered my mind and knew whom I serve better than me? Are you God?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 7:05am On Apr 06, 2013

Who are the false protestants that you say you agree there are among you?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 8:13am On Apr 06, 2013
henrisco: Who said the millions of christians killed by the roman catholic church were pagans? That is the biggest lie of our generation. The millions they killed were the true christians that chose to obey GOD Instead of the tradition of the catholic church. Do you know that the papacy wanted to elimate the bible completely? Whoever was seen with bible was either killed or jailed. This evil act was carried out for 1260
years just as predicted by the book of Daniel 7:25, before the french authority captured the pope. Catholics should repent and serve God instead of the papacy.

u dey mind them. even if they were pagans, who gave them the right to kill them..is that what the bible teaches, that we should kill our fellow human beings? then, how many did d desciples kill? the bible says we are sheeps among wolves. they just turned d bible upside down. anyway na devil we go blaim, but the unfortunate is that most members are still blind.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 8:24am On Apr 06, 2013
Richieboyn:

so candles are bad also Gosh! Educated illiterate. D fact dat u speak English dsnt mean u are educated.

my God, so u you know this? you are realy missing here. its an abomination to pray with candles or anything. we are commanded to pray in the name of Jesus. thats the only right we are giving as christians. Philippians 2:10-11 KJV
."That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

na only Jesus o, abeg, any other thing is idolatory. remember exodus 20, we have been warned...and failure to heed to this warning is dissobedience, and God will not tak lighly on the day of gudgement, except we repent. the desciples never used idol, or anything. they all did exploit in the name of Jesus. they followed th same teachings an ways of Christ.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 8:30am On Apr 06, 2013
When was the Bible made and by who?

When was it turned upside down?
peteregwu:

u dey mind them. even if they were pagans, who gave them the right to kill them..is that what the bible teaches, that we should kill our fellow human beings? then, how many did d desciples kill? the bible says we are sheeps among wolves. they just turned d bible upside down. anyway na devil we go blaim, but the unfortunate is that most members are still blind.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 8:33am On Apr 06, 2013
peteregwu:

my God, so u you know this? you are realy missing here. its an abomination to pray with candles or anything. we are commanded to pray in the name of Jesus. thats the only right we are giving as christians. Philippians 2:10-11 KJV
."That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

na only Jesus o, abeg, any other thing is idolatory. remember exodus 20, we have been warned...and failure to heed to this warning is dissobedience, and God will not tak lighly on the day of gudgement, except we repent. the desciples never used idol, or anything. they all did exploit in the name of Jesus. they followed th same teachings an ways of Christ.

I cant find where God says "its an abomination to pray with candles or anything." Can you show me?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2013
Boomark:
So whose picture do you use if it is not Jesus' picture?

I believe He's much more beautiful dan all d pictures of Him i'v seen.bt they'r all beautiful representation
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2013
henrisco: Who said the millions of christians killed by the roman catholic church were pagans? That is the biggest lie of our generation. The millions they killed were the true christians that chose to obey GOD Instead of the tradition of the catholic church. Do you know that the papacy wanted to elimate the bible completely? Whoever was seen with bible was either killed or jailed. This evil act was carried out for 1260
hehehe, u mean before napoleon invaded sovereign states and captured the pope, i'm surprised napoleon is now a good man in your eyes. I'll leave it at that.
Please do well to prove the bolded.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 8:44am On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

I cant find where God says "its an abomination to pray with candles or anything." Can you show me?

i undestand u now, just like d day i was preaching to a weed/cigrette smoker, he told me that he cant find where the bible condemns smoking...so to him smoking is righteousness before God. Isaiah 5:20 KJV. "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

well, am not surprised because the bible prophecied that a time is coming when many will not like to here sound doctrine from the bible all they want to here is that the Lord will bless them and give them money, it does not matter their evil an wickedness. today homosexuals and lesbians are also claiming thd same thing, that God approves their status an their is nothing wrong with gay marriage.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 8:53am On Apr 06, 2013
frosbel:
^^^^

How do u worship?in ur heart of by bodily expressions?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by tobechi20(m): 9:17am On Apr 06, 2013
peteregwu:

i undestand u now, just like d day i was preaching to a weed/cigrette smoker, he told me that he cant find where the bible condemns smoking...so to him smoking is righteousness before God. Isaiah 5:20 KJV. "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

well, am not surprised because the bible prophecied that a time is coming when many will not like to here sound doctrine from the bible all they want to here is that the Lord will bless them and give them money, it does not matter their evil an wickedness. today homosexuals and lesbians are also claiming thd same thing, that God approves their status an their is nothing wrong with gay marriage.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
when talking with catholics, you ask IS IT IN THE BIBLE? now catholics and smokers ask u the same question. U cant answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is Jesus To You? / Malaysian Crown Prince Shocks Muslim World, As He Converts To Catholicism / 2018 Top 10 Richest Pastors In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.