Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) (9491 Views)

Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 9:44am On Apr 06, 2013
peteregwu:

i undestand u now, just like d day i was preaching to a weed/cigrette smoker, he told me that he cant find where the bible condemns smoking...so to him smoking is righteousness before God. Isaiah 5:20 KJV. "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

well, am not surprised because the bible prophecied that a time is coming when many will not like to here sound doctrine from the bible all they want to here is that the Lord will bless them and give them money, it does not matter their evil an wickedness. today homosexuals and lesbians are also claiming thd same thing, that God approves their status an their is nothing wrong with gay marriage.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Are you saying God never said "its an abomination to pray with candles or anything?"

Why then do you believe that? Isnt it pagan to hold_on to teaching that are not biblical anymore?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
tobechi20: when talking with catholics, you ask IS IT IN THE BIBLE? now catholics and smokers ask u the same question. U cant answer.

I dont understand what u mean?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
henrisco: Who said the millions of christians killed by the roman catholic church were pagans? That is the biggest lie of our generation. The millions they killed were the true christians that chose to obey GOD Instead of the tradition of the catholic church. Do you know that the papacy wanted to elimate the bible completely? Whoever was seen with bible was either killed or jailed. This evil act was carried out for 1260
years just as predicted by the book of Daniel 7:25, before the french authority captured the pope. Catholics should repent and serve God instead of the papacy.

we serve GOD not the Papacy! See who is talking about repentance. What do you know
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
peteregwu:

u dey mind them. even if they were pagans, who gave them the right to kill them..is that what the bible teaches, that we should kill our fellow human beings? then, how many did d desciples kill? the bible says we are sheeps among wolves. they just turned d bible upside down. anyway na devil we go blaim, but the unfortunate is that most members are still blind.

Hahahaha....blind indeed! You that have three eyes stick to your practice... We are okay with ours! We don't need your sermons. Rubbish.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

I cant find where God says "its an abomination to pray with candles or anything." Can you show me?

Can't yu see de just want 2say smtn? Even without evidence...
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 7:31am On Apr 07, 2013
Richieboyn:

can't you see that you are a mumu?

Ok.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
italo:

I cant find where God says "its an abomination to pray with candles or anything." Can you show me?

Go and worship God in spirit and in truth.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
italo:

Go and worship God in spirit and in truth. True worshipers do this.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
Missonas:

I believe He's much more beautiful dan all d pictures of Him i'v seen.bt they'r all beautiful representation

Are all the beautiful pictures you see the same person? How can he be more beautiful that he is represented? Are they not his pictures?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2013
Boomark:

Go and worship God in spirit and in truth. True worshipers do this.

Does this make sense? I mean in relation to what he asked you. Come on man, make a point if you want to and stop typing aimlessly.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 11:41am On Apr 08, 2013
Richieboyn:

Does this make sense? I mean in relation to what he asked you. Come on man, make a point if you want to and stop typing aimlessly.

The question was not meant for me.

I would like to know the importance/work of the candle during mass. Do you use it to just see in the night or was it an adopted pagan practice?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 11:51am On Apr 08, 2013
Boomark:

The question was not meant for me.

I would like to know the importance/work of the candle during mass. Do you use it to just see in the night or was it an adopted pagan practice?

You have been noticed. Thank you.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
italo:

You have been noticed. Thank you.

Please sir, i would like you to notice the question and answer it if you can. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 7:47am On Apr 09, 2013
Boomark:

Please sir, i would like you to notice the question and answer it if you can. Thank you.

Good to know you like your questions answered. How is it then that you dont answer my questions, hypocrite?

I will answer you. But after you answer the question I first asked.

italo:

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 09, 2013
italo:

Good to know you like your questions answered. How is it then that you dont answer my questions, hypocrite?

since you cant find that in the bible, are you now saying one should go taking cocaine, heroin, weed etc cos i cant find God's word clearly against it in the bible? NA WA 4 U O
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 9:15am On Apr 09, 2013
italo:

Are you saying God never said "its an abomination to pray with candles or anything?"

Why then do you believe that? Isnt it pagan to hold_on to teaching that are not biblical anymore?

am agaist using any object in prayer before God. maybe u didnt read my post carefully. i was just givin an example that some will tel u that d evil they are committing is not in d bible, therefore to them it is right before God, so long smokin, prayin to mary etc is not in the bible. u can see their excuses. just because d bible dos not include smoking or condemn it dos not mean God is not against it, He is against it. same with other evil things, so long we have the spirit of God in us, we are able to identify evil.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 11:59am On Apr 09, 2013
italo:

I can't find find it in the bible and the apostles never used candles to worship God in spirit and in truth.

So why do you use candles during mass/prayers?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
Catholics use candles just like witches and the occults do.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
peteregwu:

am agaist using any object in prayer before God. maybe u didnt read my post carefully. i was just givin an example that some will tel u that d evil they are committing is not in d bible, therefore to them it is right before God, so long smokin, prayin to mary etc is not in the bible. u can see their excuses. just because d bible dos not include smoking or condemn it dos not mean God is not against it, He is against it. same with other evil things, so long we have the spirit of God in us, we are able to identify evil.

Thank God you are the one against using objects in prayer and not God.Once God does not complain you can all go to blazes.

To think that this came from someone who beleives his church apron works miracles is the height of hypocrisy.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
Boomark:

I can't find find it in the bible and the apostles never used candles to worship God in spirit and in truth.

So why do you use candles during mass/prayers?

Because, as you pointed out above, God never condemned it.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 12:55am On Apr 10, 2013
Boomark:
Are all the beautiful pictures you see the same person? How can he be more beautiful that he is represented? Are they not his pictures?

And hw does my own personal opinion affect u?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 12:59am On Apr 10, 2013
Segeggs: Catholics use candles just like witches and the occults do.

OK!im going 2tel my nephew 2 4get abt blowing off candles on his nxt bday cos itz occultic hahahahahaha
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by mumumugu(m): 1:27am On Apr 10, 2013
i use it to read
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 6:13am On Apr 10, 2013

These anti-Catholics who call themselves "Christians" know everything about occult and witchcraft. Many of the things they say, I have no idea of.

You wonder how they know all these things. Could they be cultists and witches?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
mumumugu: i use it to read
why do catholics need candles when they have PHCN, sunlight, generators, rechargeable lamps,torchlight etc? undecided
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
Segeggs: why do catholics need candles when they have PHCN, sunlight, generators, rechargeable lamps,torchlight etc? undecided

oboy no kill with laugh oooo..... grin
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
italo:

Because, as you pointed out above, God never condemned it.

I don't know why you are running around the question.

I asked, why do you use candles during mass? If there is no reason or it has no meaningful significance, just say it.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
Missonas:

And hw does my own personal opinion affect u?

It could mislead me or guide me right as someone you want to lead to Christ. A true Christian who is teaching the truth should be able to answer these questions TRUTHFULLY.

Boomark:
Are all the beautiful pictures you see the same person? Howcan he be more beautiful that he is represented? Are they not his pictures?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
Missonas:

OK!im going 2tel my nephew 2 4get abt blowing off candles on his nxt bday cos itz occultic hahahahahaha

Birthday candles have their significance.

Occultic candles have their significance.

What is the significance of the candles used by catholics even in a church with overflooded light?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2013
italo:

These anti-Catholics who call themselves "Christians" know everything about occult and witchcraft. Many of the things they say, I have no idea of.

You wonder how they know all these things. Could they be cultists and witches?

Then you should start reading and searching for the truth so you don't erroneously practice witchcraft just BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW.

Nice tip for you.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
pls tell me, why will someone make use of candles to pray? for God sake it is idolatory! we are to pray by faith, and not using Any idol or images. We pray by faith in the name of Jesus. If we use candles, then we divert our faith to images or objects. Our faith is in God through Christ Jesus. Hebrews 11:6 KJV. "But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

We depend on Jesus for all good things and not the candle. Does it mean God must see the candle light to give answer to your prayers, that is a big false. Pls guys, dont be involved in this demonoc act. It is occultic people that uses candle and also witches and wizards. My grand father was a herbalist, i was also born in a white garment church before i left there. warning: anyone involved in this act is seen by God as a idolater. And such one will never enter the kingdom of God.

Jesus also gave guidelines of how to pray. He never said we should use any object or pray to any images. please read,
Matthew 6:9-13 KJV. "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. [10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. [11] Give us this day our daily bread. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."
Only when we pray in the name of Jesus will our prayer reach God. 1 Timothy 2:5-6 KJV. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; [6] Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." as we read, it is not by candle or images but through Christ Jesus.

So, It was Jesus that died for us and not mary, candle, peter, paul or our pastors. Acts 4:12 KJV. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Without Jesus we can do nothing and God can do nothing for us without Jesus in your life.
John 15:5 KJV. "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."

Please exclude using any names or object in your prayers, except Jesus! if you disregard this, then what makes you different from a witch, wizards, harbalist, or even occultic person, they all do the same. what makes a christian different is Jesus and Jesus alone without mixture.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 7:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
Segeggs: why do catholics need candles when they have PHCN, sunlight, generators, rechargeable lamps,torchlight etc? undecided

Are u a learner?why r u on nl when deres fb,bbm,twitter,2go etc?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is Jesus To You? / Malaysian Crown Prince Shocks Muslim World, As He Converts To Catholicism / 2018 Top 10 Richest Pastors In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.