Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) (9494 Views)

Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
peteregwu: pls tell me, why will someone make use of candles to pray?We depend on Jesus for all good things and not the candle. Does it mean God must see the candle light to give answer to your prayers, that is a big false. Pls guys, dont be involved in this demonoc act. It is occultic people that uses candle and also witches and wizards. My grand father was a herbalist, i was also born in a white garment church before i left there. warning: anyone involved in this act is seen by God as a idolater. And such one will never enter the kingdom of God. Jesus also gave guidelines of how to pray. He never said we should use any object or pray to any images. please read,
Matthew 6:9-13 KJV. "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. [10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. [11] Give us this day our daily bread. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."
Only when we pray in the name of Jesus will our prayer reach God. 1 Timothy 2:5-6 KJV. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; [6] Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." as we read, it is not by candle or images but through Christ Jesus.So, It was Jesus that died for us and not mary, candle, peter, paul or our pastors. Acts 4:12 KJV. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."Without Jesus we can do nothing and God can do nothing for us without Jesus in your life.
John 15:5 KJV. "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."Please exclude using any names or object in your prayers, except Jesus! if you disregard this, then what makes you different from a witch, wizards, harbalist, or even occultic person, they all do the same. what makes a christian different is Jesus and Jesus alone without mixture.

Wonderer nw itz d candles datz ur ish nt d idols agen abi?lol.and who told u we depend on candles 4anythg guy u beginning 2sound lyk a broken record.u jst twisting words 2suit urslf and ur factless speech.u b tawking abt witches lyk u one of dem cast nd bind brovas.ur grandad's a herbalist.so??who r u 2judge?aw u knw who go mke heaven and who wouldnt??shey u were in a whyt garment church u wud av askd ur pastor abt dem candles or do u jst muv 4rm church 2church?abeg do ur thing and let us do ours.PEACE!!!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
Boomark:
It could mislead me or guide me right as someone you want to lead to Christ. A true Christian who is teaching the truth should be able to answer these questions TRUTHFULLY.

Lmao @or guide me right.u nt here 2listen and learn,u here 2criticise ur signature says it all.and if our answers our nt truthful enough then u let it be as a good christian dat u tryin 2portray u are carry ur sandals and dust
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
Boomark:

Birthday candles have their significance.

Occultic candles have their significance.

What is the significance of the candles used by catholics even in a church with overflooded light?

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2013
Boomark:
What is the significance of the candles used by catholics even in a church with overflooded light?

Really??i take it u'v neva lit a candle b4.b'day and occultic candles?add scenting candles 2dat 2.lol.smells nyc 2.a candle is a candle itz how and wat itz been used 4 and 'as' dat matas.2 answr u q we use d candle 2pray and during mass,baptism,first holy communion and d likes 2serve as light and salt of d earth being God's children.it wont make sense 2u brov im onlY telling u cos u askd and u be tawking lyk we dnt undrstnd wat we do.wot church u worship?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
Boomark:

Really??i take it u'v neva lit a candle b4.b'day and occultic candles?add scenting candles 2dat 2.lol.smells nyc 2.a candle is a candle itz how and wat itz being used 4 dat matas.2 answr ur q we use d candles wen prayin and during mass mostly bt dat dnt mean we must light a candle b4 we pray.wat then is d significance u may say?2serve as light of God's children.apart 4rm candles we use holy water,olive oil etc.they r all blessed same way ur pastor blesses ur car,ur pen b4 exam,ur new hses and u feel comfortable aftr dat.it wont make sense 2u brov im onlY telling u cos u askd and u be tawking lyk we dnt undrstnd wat we do.evrythg we do is sacred.wot church do u worship?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by saintvc(m): 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
[quote author=Missonas][/quote]JESUS IS LIGHT OF THE WORLD
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 10:27am On Apr 11, 2013
saintvc: JESUS IS LIGHT OF THE WORLD

And who says he aint.my dear read ephesians 5:8-9.christians ought 2live a CHRISTLIKE life
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 11:02am On Apr 11, 2013
Missonas:

Lmao @or guide me right.u nt here 2listen and learn,u here 2criticise ur signature says it all.and if our answers our nt truthful enough then u let it be as a good christian dat u tryin 2portray u are carry ur sandals and dust

My dear am not interested in all these things you wrote above. And i have not forgotten the question i asked you. I still get sense. wink

Unless you now understand that you are deceiving yourself. See how you are running away from these simple questions that will set you free. Know the truth and it will set you free.

Boomark:
Are all the beautiful pictures of the one you call Jesus the same person? Howcan he be more beautiful that he is represented? Are they not his pictures?

I like the way you avoided this question, knowing that you might be caught up in the web of lies.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 11:41am On Apr 11, 2013
Missonas:

Really??i take it u'v neva lit a candle b4.b'day and occultic candles?add scenting candles 2dat 2.lol.smells nyc 2.a candle is a candle itz how and wat itz being used 4 dat matas.2 answr ur q we use d candles wen prayin and during mass mostly bt dat dnt mean we must light a candle b4 we pray.wat then is d significance u may say? 2serve as light of God's children. apart 4rm candles we use holy water,olive oil etc.they r all blessed same way ur pastor blesses ur car,ur pen b4 exam,ur new hses and u feel comfortable aftr dat. it wont make sense 2u brov im onlY telling u cos u askd and u be tawking lyk we dnt undrstnd wat we do.evrythg we do is sacred.wot church do u worship?

Candle a candle that will be quenched be the light of God's children? Can salt which will loose its taste be the salt of the world? Don't you people learn from Christ? You are the light of the world by your righteousness not with candle.

Ephesians 5:8-9
New King James Version (NKJV)
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),

Is there anything here that suggest candle as the light of God's children? You people are far from serving God in spirit and in truth.

Did any protestant tell you that his car head lamp is the light of God's children? Show me the person make i finish am too.

I am a Christian who worship God.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
lol...These guys are hilarious.

Why are they going on about candles now?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo: lol...These guys are hilarious.

answer our questions.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 12:16am On Apr 12, 2013
Missonas:

Wonderer nw itz d candles datz ur ish nt d idols agen abi?lol.and who told u we depend on candles 4anythg guy u beginning 2sound lyk a broken record.u jst twisting words 2suit urslf and ur factless speech.u b tawking abt witches lyk u one of dem cast nd bind brovas.ur grandad's a herbalist.so??who r u 2judge?aw u knw who go mke heaven and who wouldnt??shey u were in a whyt garment church u wud av askd ur pastor abt dem candles or do u jst muv 4rm church 2church?abeg do ur thing and let us do ours.PEACE!!!

Missonas:

You call me wonderer? Well, my sister, is for the sake of the truth, you dont expect me to remain in white garment church. for what? To ask my pastor what? I am not the owner of the church amd u dont expect me to change things. I am not God! In other not to create room for strife or confusion, the best thing is for that person to leave quietly. For heaven is an individual race. the bible says we should strive to enter the strait gate. Luke 13:24 KJV. "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able."

suit yourself. stay there and be confused on who will make heaven or not and asking me, "who am i to judge." you sound more like an unbeliever or an unbelieving believer. i dont just understand why some christians ask that "they dont know who will make heaven, and that it is only God that knows who will make heaven." Jesus had already made it clear in His word, that, "not everyone that call me Lord Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven, but those that do the will of my father which is in heaven." mathew 7:7. this is very clear. and how do we know the will of God? it is in His word (the bible). that bible some prefer to put under their pillow without reading it, in it lies His will.when it comes to heaven, their is no excuse and "abeg now." nothing like that. please, if you are there and u still dont know who will make heaven or not. it is there in the bible my sister, pls read more and digest.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." i hope you understand this? It is very clear.

dont just go to church and accept all what your pastor, priest or reverend is teaching you. prove it in the word of God, and see if the doctrine of your church is in line with word of God. if it is not and you are that type that want to make heaven, you have to move away from there and pray the Lord to show you a bible believing church where u can worship Him in truth and spirit. if you fail to do this and accept all doctrine of devils and practising them, then u are worshipping satan and not God. then on the day u will leave this world, u will have yourself to blaim. because such a person can not enter the kingdom of God. Remember, on the day of judgement you will answer for yourself and your pastor will answer for himself. Their is nothing like blaiming your pastor or your church. On that day it is you and the word of God. Remember, the bible that some refuse to read and know the real truth is what will judge everyone on that day. It is not Jesus but the bible. Pls read, John 12:48-49 KJV. "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. [49] For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak."

will you ask me how i knew about this? it is in the word of God. Just because everyone is worshipping and practising such unbiblical practises does not mean they are right and will make heaven. Except one does according to the will of God. Pls read. Exodus 23:2 KJV. "Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment :" we dont follow the multitude, we follow The word of God. Even if the whole world lies in darkness and one person follow the light, then that one person will make that heaven, the rest will perish.

"a word is enough for the wise." i hav also come to realise that most of your claim or post is just by talking without backing it up with the word of God, anything short of this is of darkness. instead of you to look at the word and compare, u rather prefer to condemn despite backing it up by the word of God.Isaiah 8:20 KJV. "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 9:07am On Apr 12, 2013
Boomark:
Candle a candle that will be quenched be the light of God's children? Can salt which will loose its taste be the salt of the world? Don't you people learn from Christ? You are the light of the world by your righteousness not with candle.

Ephesians 5:8-9
New King James Version (NKJV)
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),

Is there anything here that suggest candle as the light of God's children? You people are far from serving God in spirit and in truth.

Did any protestant tell you that his car head lamp is the light of God's children? Show me the person make i finish am too.
I am a Christian who worship God.

ThankGOD u saw d post i talkd abt living a christlike life which came b4 dis.answer mine too.ur church pls?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 9:18am On Apr 12, 2013
Boomark:
My dear am not interested in all these things you wrote above. And i have not forgotten the question i asked you. I still get sense. wink
Unless you now understand that you are deceiving yourself. See how you are running away from these simple questions that will set you free. Know the truth and it will set you free.
I like the way you avoided this question, knowing that you might be caught up in the web of lies.

Well i knw u nt interestd in anythg othr dan making us luk bad.very judgemental u!i dint answr ur Q cos i thought wif all ur show of christian knowledge u wud knw dat itz nat by dem pictures,images ,statues,candles etc we christians av succeeded in creating barriers by coming up with new churches everyday.only God knws and sees all!watz important is d heart of true worship.4rm ur heart 2 God's ears.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2013

Hahaha...they jst loveeee d catholic church.i'd have preferred dat we talk 2our muslim brothers who dont knw Christ.their souls r more important to Christ
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 9:35am On Apr 12, 2013

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 2:30pm On Apr 12, 2013
Missonas:

ThankGOD u saw d post i talkd abt living a christlike life which came b4 dis.answer mine too.ur church pls?

living a christlike life has nothing to do with candle light. You said it serves as light of God's children and i said i can easily quench or blow it out and you will have no light again.

The light of God's children cannot be quenched by mere breeze. May be you just manage to give me that answer and was bombarded. cheesy sorry, my friend. I was just using the questions to make you see the truth.

Am part of the church set up by Christ. He did not call it any name. You can call me a Christian wink
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
Missonas:

Well i knw u nt interestd in anythg othr dan making us luk bad.very judgemental u!i dint answr ur Q cos i thought wif all ur show of christian knowledge u wud knw dat itz nat by dem pictures,images ,statues,candles etc we christians av succeeded in creating barriers by coming up with new churches everyday.only God knws and sees all!watz important is d heart of true worship.4rm ur heart 2 God's ears.

grin

Now you know and don't want to say that the pictures are not the same, don't go about telling people, "this is Christ, that is Christ."

i never judged you. I only asked a question. My questions cannot not persecute those in the truth because the spirit of truth will make speak up and show me the truth and i will learn from it.

Not every worship is true. True worshipers worship God in spirit and in truth. Never think i know it all abeg.

Are you a missionary abi rev sister?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
Boomark:
living a christlike life has nothing to do with candle light. You said it serves as light of God's children and i said i can easily quench or blow it out and you will have no light again.
The light of God's children cannot be quenched by mere breeze. May be you just manage to give me that answer and was bombarded. cheesy sorry, my friend. I was just using the questions to make you see the truth.
Am part of the church set up by Christ. He did not call it any name. You can call me a Christian wink

U dont base ur quest to 2knw on candles!datz lame brov.lmao!
Ok!in other words u dnt belong anywhere.i c u in a different light nw brov...hahaha grin
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
Boomark:
grin
Now you know and don't want to say that the pictures are not the same, don't go about telling people, "this is Christ, that is Christ."
i never judged you. I only asked a question. My questions cannot not persecute those in the truth because the spirit of truth will make speak up and show me the truth and i will learn from it.
Not every worship is true. True worshipers worship God in spirit and in truth. Never think i know it all abeg.
Are you a missionary abi rev sister?

Of cos d pics cant be dsame.y?diff artists!duh.u eva heard of d phrase 'one picture,a thousand words'.luk all im saying is u can paint Jesus d way u want 2in ur heart,in mine He's beauuutifuler!muahhhhhhh.
You can call me a Catholic christian
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:28am On Apr 13, 2013
Boomark:

hehehe, i just remember the pascha liturgy, LUMEN CHRISTI!!!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2013
Missonas:

U dont base ur quest to 2knw on candles!datz lame brov.lmao!
Ok!in other words u dnt belong anywhere.i c u in a different light nw brov...hahaha grin

Please see me in the light which is in Christ Jesus not with candle light. wink
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Missonas:

Of cos d pics cant be dsame.y?diff artists!duh.u eva heard of d phrase 'one picture,a thousand words'.luk all im saying is u can paint Jesus d way u want 2in ur heart,in mine He's beauuutifuler!muahhhhhhh.
You can call me a Catholic christian

My dear this one is "one person, a thousand different pictures." As a result of human imagination God condemned.

They imagine Jesus to be like what is in their heart. Not knowing that satan can enter into any artist, who will imagine the devils image and carve it for catholics to kneel before it.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 7:14pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: hehehe, i just remember the pascha liturgy, LUMEN CHRISTI!!!

This space would have been used to tell us the "significance of candles used by catholics.

We already know you want to use your quote as distraction. Italo has been doing that for a long time now.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:08pm On May 02, 2013
Boomark:

This space would have been used to tell us the "significance of candles used by catholics.

We already know you want to use your quote as distraction. Italo has been doing that for a long time now.
many before me already taught ya d significance but i guess u ignored it. Yawns.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 6:43pm On May 03, 2013
Ubenedictus: many before me already taught ya d significance but i guess u ignored it. Yawns.

Continue yawning while you all are on the run. Missionas said something that made that made me blew off her candle light. Just to show her that the light of God's children cannot be lit with matches.

Tell her am missing her when you see her during missa(mass).
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 5:28pm On May 08, 2013
Boomark:
Continue yawning while you all are on the run. Missionas said something that made that made me blew off her candle light. Just to show her that the light of God's children cannot be lit with matches.

Lmao!boomark,u didnt and wud neva blow off my light,im a child of God and imma be SHINNING(candles or not).and im tired of xplaining stufs to u lyk u said u fighting a war on catholics im prayn 4u and dnt worry lyk Saul in d bible u'l cum arnd.lollll.bt seriously u will!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 10:48pm On May 08, 2013
Missonas:

Lmao!boomark,u didnt and wud neva blow off my light,im a child of God and imma be SHINNING(candles or not).and im tired of xplaining stufs to u lyk u said u fighting a war on catholics im prayn 4u and dnt worry lyk Saul in d bible u'l cum arnd.lollll.bt seriously u will!

Don't compare my war with that of Saul. Its David(me) and Goliath. I want you to come to my side before i stone this Goliath.

I don't need to pursue you if you think you can run. I will just mount my nets strategically. When you fall in, i will bundle you and zoom off to where you will not think of candle again.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 11:27pm On May 08, 2013
Boomark:
Don't compare my war with that of Saul. Its David(me) and Goliath. I want you to come to my side before i stone this Goliath.
I don't need to pursue you if you think you can run. I will just mount my nets strategically. When you fall in, i will bundle you and zoom off to where you will not think of candle again.

Lol.i love it here and catch me if u can!u dnt lyk catholcs yea i get it bt wor i dnt undrstnd is ur problem with candles.datz trivial if u ask me.i get that sum occult use it bt dat dnt mke it bad generally.when im in church i evn 4get dem candles r on d altar i av oda pressing mattrs lyk thanking God and telling Him my worries.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2013
Boomark:

i guess you don't know the meaning of the word "symbol".
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 1:39pm On May 09, 2013
Missonas:

Lol.i love it here and catch me if u can!u dnt lyk catholcs yea i get it bt wor i dnt undrstnd is ur problem with candles.datz trivial if u ask me.i get that sum occult use it bt dat dnt mke it bad generally.when im in church i evn 4get dem candles r on d altar i av oda pressing mattrs lyk thanking God and telling Him my worries.

I don't hate people. What i hate is false doctrine. I got interest in the issue of candle when it seems you guys are hiding something.

When someone ask you a question about what you practice and you can't answer(except you don't know), then there is a problem. That makes me wonder. Do you also wonder?

He knows your passing needs but you must first go to Him in spirit and in TRUTH. The truth is what we are dealing with here.

If my net fail to catch you, i know what to do.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 1:47pm On May 09, 2013
Ubenedictus: i guess you don't know the meaning of the word "symbol".

In serving God, you don't use symbols out of your own volition. Allow God to lead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is Jesus To You? / Malaysian Crown Prince Shocks Muslim World, As He Converts To Catholicism / 2018 Top 10 Richest Pastors In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.