Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt (8936 Views)

The Injustice Buhari Did To The Genius Of UNILAG - Punch / The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings / Gej Is Weak And Disgrace To Ijaw By Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by EzeUche(m): 6:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Igbos need to stop believing in this "One Nigeria" nonsense and invest home.

Nigeria or Africa in general is not ready for inclusiveness. This tribalism/xenophobia is not only found in Nigeria. You can find this in South Africa, where xenophobia is rife against Zimbabweans, Somalians, Nigerians and Mozambicans.

Or what about Ghana where they fear domination by Nigerian traders?

Kenya where sometimes the Luo and the Kikuyu do not get along. Or in Ethiopia where the Oromo or Amharic do not see eye to eye.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo:

1st of all I have to correct you that there are more Igbos in the North than the SW. You can verify through various associations and churches. There are equally more foreigners in the North than other parts of Nigeria.

Igbos generally have a belief of seeing where they are settled as home which other Nigerians lack. It would have been better if these Igbos were investing at home like their Yoruba counterparts and hence avoid domination and hatred. All those Yorubas in PH oil companies invest their money in Ibadan, Ife or Lagos and own one mansion in PH which they sell off to an ever willing Igbo on transfer while their Igbo counterparts own 20 landed properties in Rivers State and one mansion in the village.

Bingo!

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo:

1st of all I have to correct you that there are more Igbos in the North than the SW. You can verify through various associations and churches. There are equally more foreigners in the North than other parts of Nigeria.

Igbos generally have a belief of seeing where they are settled as home which other Nigerians lack. It would have been better if these Igbos were investing at home like their Yoruba counterparts and hence avoid domination and hatred. All those Yorubas in PH oil companies invest their money in Ibadan, Ife or Lagos and own one mansion in PH which they sell off to an ever willing Igbo on transfer while their Igbo counterparts own 20 landed properties in Rivers State and one mansion in the village.

All Yorubas believe they are visitors anywhere they are and their home is home. Thats why they wont go to PH and tell you Port Harcourt is no mans land and they own 45% of Port Harcourt

Unlike Ibos who would remain there and even drag with the indigenes

4 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
EzeUche: Igbos need to stop believing in this "One Nigeria" nonsense and invest home.

Nigeria or Africa in general is not ready for inclusiveness. This tribalism/xenophobia is not only found in Nigeria. You can find this in South Africa, where xenophobia is rife against Zimbabweans, Somalians, Nigerians and Mozambicans.

Or what about Ghana where they fear domination by Nigerian traders?

Kenya where sometimes the Luo and the Kikuyu do not get along. Or in Ethiopia where the Oromo or Amharic do not see eye to eye.
Igbos are guilty of it more than anyone and often refuse to sell land to strangers,You can tell those fairy tales to those who have not lived in Iboland. Generally Ibo make it hard to buy land in their territory by several means

2 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by EzeUche(m): 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
Igbos are guilty of it more than anyone and often refuse to sell land to strangers,You can tell those fairy tales to those who have not lived in Iboland. Generally Ibo make it hard to buy land in their territory by several means

Why are you spewing lies? Provide proof or forever shut up.

Or do you want the land for free?
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by juman(m): 6:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
Hmmm
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 6:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
dayokanu:

All Yorubas believe they are visitors anywhere they are and their home is home. Thats why they wont go to PH and tell you Port Harcourt is no mans land and they own 45% of Port Harcourt

In an ideal society, Igbos are the true Nigerians that should be cherished. What the Yorubas do to Rivers people is called capital flight. They take from Rivers and keep in SW while Igbos take from Rivers and keep in Rivers.

4 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by EzeUche(m): 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
Interesting that Amaechi an Ikwerre wants to be President someday, but who would give him the support?

The Yoruba have their own leaders in mind. The North has their own leaders in mind. And that leaves the Igbo.

Without support from one of the big three, a minority cannot become President of Nigeria. A word for the wise for the people in the South-South.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
dayokanu:

Do you realize that Port-hacourt is part of Nigeria? Some of you just have an ancient mentality.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
EzeUche:

Why are you spewing lies? Provide proof or forever shut up.

Or do you want the land for free?
This is a fact in some place they won't even sell to another Ibo from another place. Why are you so deceptive and untruthful.

2 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Do you realize that Port-hacourt is part of Nigeria? Some of you just have an ancient mentality.

I don't know about me, but 95% of Africans I've interacted with are kind of ancient when it comes to tribe and nationalism. The funny thing is that these tribes like Igbo and Yoruba were created by Europeans.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
nothing ancien about it. By all means buy land in another man's place but do Not start saying,as your numbers grow,It is now no man's land etc. You own the property but PH remains Ikwerre land or whereever the case may be. Don't start speaking Ibo to evry one on the street and acting like you are TAKING OVER.That is the point.I guess because Ibos generally do not have traditional rulers they fail to understand this. In Yorubaland there are "Obas" or kings and that has a meaning no matter how many strangers we admit we expect them to respect that and do likewise when we travel abroad. But one day an Ibo man will get up and say he wants to be Oba of Lagos according to you that is MODERNIZATION kwa?

3 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by asha80(m): 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
This is a fact in some place they won't even sell to another Ibo from another place. Why are you so deceptive and untruthful.
just shut all of us up and provide proof.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo:

I don't know about me, but 95% of Africans I've interacted with are kind of ancient when it comes to tribe and nationalism. The funny thing is that these tribes like Igbo and Yoruba were created by Europeans.

You are kidding right?!

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by EzeUche(m): 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo:

You have spoken the truth. We have an ancient mindset. But maybe because our nations were created by Europeans and not us.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo:

You do not know the meaning of the word tribe. I suggest you educate your self better.

Yoruba is not a tribe and it was Not created by Europeans.
That is a misrepresentation. To some extent they influenced the adoption of a certain "Yoruba" identity relating to the word: Yoruba but they did not create the identity in its essence. Even smaller groups like Ijebu,Egba,etc are NOT TRIBES but share commonalities and have distinctions but they were variously called Lucumi,Anago or other terms and all Identify Ife as their origin. To that extent they are not a European Creation.
the same thing is observed elsewhere eg Spain Catalans,Basque,Castille. So nothing new about it
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
EzeUche:

You have spoken the truth. We have an ancient mindset. But maybe because our nations were created by Europeans and not us.

I met an American girl in Genesis cinema and we became friends and were discussing. She asked me where I'm from and I told her Imo and she asked which part of PH Imo is located. I explained to her that my Dad is from Imo and my Mum from Rivers while I was born in PH but she was rather confused about everything. A Nigerian would not be confused in such situation.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 7:16pm On Mar 17, 2013
EzeUche:

This ewu cannot provide proof.

It is best that we ignore him until he provides proof.
When it suits you you shout Proof like the most logical creation ever known. And what form might this proof take ? A video of a man refusing to sell me land because I am Yoruba or a letter?
Something like this perhaps?
Dear Mr Bamisegbin,
We the descendants of Umuakpu regret that we cannot sell you land and accept you as our neighbour because the odour of your oily soups would be highly intolerable and abominable to our gods...... etc

4 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by thefree: 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
Demdem: but why is so much "injustice" being done to Igbos nationwide? are they the only tribe in Nigeria

Self Hater!! You are just like the black butler in django unchained cos you are actually Igbo.
Compromised fools like you just don't see the big picture. Clown! Feeling like you are a progressive when you really just suffer from an intense form of myopia.
Don't ask me how I know you are Igbo. We'v been tracing you due to the way you've conducted yourself on this forum.
Dare me and I'll publish your full name and address here.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
You do not know the meaning of the word tribe. I suggest you educate your self better.

Yoruba is not a tribe and it was Not created by Europeans.
That is a misrepresentation. To some extent they influenced the adoption of a certain "Yoruba" identity relating to the word: Yoruba but they did not create the identity in its essence. Even smaller groups like Ijebu,Egba,etc are NOT TRIBES but share commonalities and have distinctions but they were variously called Lucumi,Anago or other terms and all Identify Ife as their origin. To that extent they are not a European Creation.
the same thing is observed elsewhere eg Spain Catalans,Basque,Castille. So nothing new about it

You are going off the point I was trying to make. There was no all-inclusive Yoruba ethnic group who knew themselves by any name. Maybe Oyo to an extent could be a standpoint but still does not include all Yoruba speaking peoples. It is not all Yorubas that originate from Ife and it is not everyone that originates from Ife that is Yoruba or speaks Yoruba.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by asha80(m): 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2013
thefree:

Self Hater!! You are just like the black butler in django unchained cos you are actually Igbo.
Compromised fools like you just don't see the big picture. Clown! Feeling like you are a progressive when you really just suffer from an intense form of myopia.
Don't ask me how I know you are Igbo. We'v been tracing you due to the way you've conducted yourself on this forum.
Dare me and I'll publish your full name and address here.
hehe that black butler in django unchained was something.self hate defines him in all ramification haha.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by EzeUche(m): 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
WHo and what exactly is ewu ??
I suggest you remove that insult quickly so we do not derail this thread

Ope ti mo ti rie Negro_Nts! Kini tuntun? cheesy

I still see you are up to your old ways.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo:

You are going off the point I was trying to make. There was no all-inclusive Yoruba ethnic group who knew themselves by any name. Maybe Oyo to an extent could be a standpoint but still does not include all Yoruba speaking peoples. It is not all Yorubas that originate from Ife and it is not everyone that originates from Ife that is Yoruba or speaks Yoruba.

It is your job to make your points coherently

That may be true and so what ? What is the significance or relevance of that here? All Germans,Italians or French are not found within the Borders of those countries they may be found in Austria and Switzerland or Belgium and so what?
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
EzeUche:

Ope ti mo ti rie Negro_Nts! Kini tuntun? cheesy

I still see you are up to your old ways.
Speak a language you understand properly.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
That may be true and so what ? What is the significance or relevance of that here?

The significance is that we Africans are deeply enmeshed in something that wasn't our original culture. People coexisted without all these tribal and xenophobic non-sense until the tribal lines were drawn by the Europeans.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by EzeUche(m): 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
Speak a language you understand properly.

Give me a break. It is not everyday that I speak a language of a rival group. Especially of a rival group that has nothing but hate for the Ndigbo.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 7:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo:

The significance is that we Africans are deeply enmeshed in something that wasn't our original culture. People coexisted without all these tribal and xenophobic non-sense until the tribal lines were drawn by the Europeans.
That conclusion does not follow from the premise by any logic and once again they are not "TRIBAL" so I suggest you educate yourself. They were nations and it is important for nations to have identity and to protect that . That is neither Tribal nor xenophobic . Why do we have passports and borders
of course I am talking of Western Nigeria. There may be other places where "TRIBE " may be Accurate but in Western Nigeria they were nations Ijebu,Egba,etc were all Kingdoms. These Kingdoms would sit quite comfortably within a larger Nation. That is essentially what Federal Germany Today is. Formed from several smaller Germanic Kingdoms
Small Yes but then Ireland,Belgium,Portugal,Luxemboourg are small too. Oyo was of Course an empire that extended to Ghana. So these were not tribes AT ALL. Why should they identify with the Ibo man or the Efik man. Those are different nations amalgamted into a Union or confederation. This does not mean we should dissolve into each other or that refusal to do so is some kind of flaw deserving meaningless labels like XENOPHOBIA
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Ngwakwe: 7:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
@Afam and Manny

There are factors to consider before siting a market or business.

Those factors are the reason why Igbo merchants move their businesses for a greener pasture.

Igbo Merchants seek two factors to site their business: 1. Population and 2. The Spending Power of the locality or neighborhood

Laws of marginal returns will kill the profitability of these businesses if they cluster in exclusive South East States.

USA Aids are specifically meant to open several markets around the world for US investors, likewise Chinese and Japanese.

US Industrialist and Merchants are flooding into China and India because they have the population and the spending power.

Prosperity will always attract envy, it's simple logic that must not be ruled out. It will always depend on how wise you are to maneuver these obstacles and manage them that make you successful.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 7:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ngwakwe: @Afam and Manny

There are factors to consider before siting a market or business.

Those factors are the reason why Igbo merchants move their businesses for a greener pasture.

Igbo Merchants seek two factors to site their business: 1. Population and 2. The Spending Power of the locality or neighborhood

Laws of marginal returns will kill the profitability of these businesses if they cluster in exclusive South East States.

USA Aids are specifically meant to open several markets around the world for US investors, likewise Chinese and Japanese.

US Industrialist and Merchants are flooding into China and India because they have the population and the spending power.

Prosperity will always attract envy, it's simple logic that must not be ruled out. It will always depend on how wise you are to maneuver these obstacles and manage them that make you successful.
Once in a while your brain functions fairly well
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by asha80(m): 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda: That conclusion does not follow from the premise by any logic and once again they are not "TRIBAL" so I suggest you educate yourself. They were nations and it is important for nations to have identity and to protect that . That is neither Tribal nor xenophobic . Why do we have passports and borders
of course I am talking of Western Nigeria. There may be other places where "TRIBE " may be Accurate but in Western Nigeria they were nations Ijebu,Egba,etc were all Kingdoms. These Kingdoms would sit quite comfortably within a larger Nation. That is essentially what Federal Germany Today is. Formed from several smaller Germanic Kingdoms
Small Yes but then Ireland,Belgium,Portugal,Luxemboourg are small too. Oyo was of Course an empire that extended to Ghana. So these were not tribes AT ALL. Why should they identify with the Ibo man or the Efik man. Those are different nations amalgamted into a Union or confederation. This does not mean we should dissolve into each other or that refusal to do so is some kind of flaw deserving meaningless labels like XENOPHOBIA
'why do we have passport and borders of course i am talking about western nigeria' so western nigerians have passport that is different from nigerian passport?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Gowon Rejected The Aburi Accord / 2023 Igbo Presidency, A Must, Say Southeast APC Leaders / PDP To Buhari: Our Governors Don’t Peddle Falsehood Like You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.