Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt (8937 Views)

The Injustice Buhari Did To The Genius Of UNILAG - Punch / The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings / Gej Is Weak And Disgrace To Ijaw By Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
Afam why did you ban me??

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2013
krendo:

42. (1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-

(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any executive or administrative action of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions are not made subject; or

(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any such executive or administrative action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions.

(2) No citizen of Nigeria shall be subjected to any disability or deprivation merely by reason of the circumstances of his birth.

(3) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall invalidate any law by reason only that the law imposes restrictions with respect to the appointment of any person to any office under the State or as a member of the armed forces of the Federation or member of the Nigeria Police Forces or to an office in the service of a body, corporate established directly by any law in force in Nigeria.

43. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, every citizen of Nigeria shall have the right to acquire and own immovable property anywhere in Nigeria.

44. (1) No moveable property or any interest in an immovable property shall be taken possession of compulsorily and no right over or interest in any such property shall be acquired compulsorily in any part of Nigeria except in the manner and for the purposes prescribed by a law that, among other things -

(a) requires the prompt payment of compensation therefore and

(b) gives to any person claiming such compensation a right of access for the determination of his interest in the property and the amount of compensation to a court of law or tribunal or body having jurisdiction in that part of Nigeria.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

^^^Krendo, listen mate! You're wasting your time trying to school that hateful creep! He deserves abuse not reasoning with.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
I want to know if something similar happens in the Igbo speaking parts of Rivers state(Ikwerre, Etche, Ndoni etc). I know Borokori is an Ijoid town.

^^^Not Ndoni and Egbema; Ndoni specifically has close links with Onitsha......are hardworking and don't have time for that lazy, divisive, reap-where-you-didn't-sow shi/t! I can't say the same for Ogba though undecided.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 4:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
Demdem: but why is so much "injustice" being done to Igbos nationwide? are they the only tribe in Nigeria

^^^I believe injustice of one kind or the other is done to others as well. They either think it's normal and accept it; roll over and play dead; can't speak with one voice; are sold out by their ruling elite; have sold their birthright and hence haven't got the moral right to complain; are aware of it, but don't have the balls to confront it; are deluded into thinking nothing is wrong; think the injustice visited on their hated 'neighbour' is worse than that visited on them and hence can continue to bear it; etc-etc-etc.......and some of these points affect Ndigbo as well, so everyone/group takes part of the blame.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
If they were renting, you'll be asking why they can't buy like others. is there anything wrong in buying?

The topic itself proves that everything is wrong with buying. Is it only Igbos that trade in the market? Some of the Yorubas/Hausas/Efiks/Ijaws could be richer but still chose to rent instead of buying up. Imagine where a town market like "Nkwor Nnewi" gets burnt and after Nnewi North LGA finished the re-construction, Okrika people will come out with 1983 documents claiming to have bought "Nkwor Nnewi" from the natives.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Iykopee(m): 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
the beauty of it is dat, as d years roll by, igbo people wil still buy those shops again...its dia gift and nobody can stop it...unless dat place is not for sale... Let haters go ahead with dia oafish.ness bou what is certain is certain.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I believe injustice of one kind or the other is done to others as well. They either think it's normal and accept it; roll over and play dead; can't speak with one voice; are sold out by their ruling elite; have sold their birthright and hence haven't got the moral right to complain; are aware of it, but don't have the balls to confront it; are deluded into thinking nothing is wrong; think the injustice visited on their hated 'neighbour' is worse than that visited on them and hence can continue to bear it; etc-etc-etc.......and some of these points affect Ndigbo as well, so everyone/group takes part of the blame.
Perhaps people are more realistic in seeing so called "injustice" as that "injustice" whatever that means but the Ibo will always add the "it is because we are Ibo" dimension to it. In this case if there is injustice it is about greed and covetuousness of Man,that's all. Why does the Ibo man appear to have a chip on his shoulder?

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by olabukola: 4:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo:

The topic itself proves that everything is wrong with buying. Is it only Igbos that trade in the market? Some of the Yorubas/Hausas/Efiks/Ijaws could be richer but still chose to rent instead of buying up. Imagine where a town market like "Nkwor Nnewi" gets burnt and after Nnewi North LGA finished the re-construction, Okrika people will come out with 1983 documents claiming to have bought "Nkwor Nnewi" from the natives.
You are not making sense at all. Did ibos force or trick them to sale? did they buy below market prize, if their is no seller i don't think their will be a buyer. If what the op posted is true its very very wrong irrespective of who is at the receiving end. remember injustice done to one is injustice done to all. It might be ibos today, tomorrow is gonner be another tribe.

Btw i thought PH or rivers is ibo but in south south region.

2 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
olabukola: You are not making sense at all. Did ibos force or trick them to sale? did they buy below market prize, if their is no seller i don't think their will be a buyer. If what the op posted is true its very very wrong irrespective of who is at the receiving end. remember injustice done to one is injustice done to all. It might be ibos today, tomorrow is gonner be another tribe.

some parts of Rivers are Ibo like Oyigbo. Port Harcourt is owned by Ikwerre and Ijaw. IBO like to claim Ikwerre but Ikwerre disowned IBO and seized their houses after the war under Abandoned property laws.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo made sense, the average south south man eye is now open.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by seanet02: 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
Lol. I thought ibos own Portharcourt?
The true owners are kicking the arse of the tenants.
Jews of Africa indeed.

3 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
Perhaps people are more realistic in seeing so called "injustice" as that "injustice" whatever that means but the Ibo will always add the "it is because we are Ibo" dimension to it. In this case if there is injustice it is about greed and covetuousness of Man,that's all. Why does the Ibo man appear to have a chip on his shoulder?

^^^If you don't know or are not sure what 'injustice' in the Nigerian context means, why proffer your own 2 cents to the debate?

For 'injustice' to be said to have occurred, it takes at least two parties: the 'initiator' and the 'victim'; if you don't know or understand the dynamics that make up the Nigerian political-economy (these last 5 decades) then you wouldn't understand the reason a group would feel it's been a 'victim'; you've only zeroed in on 'Ibo' for reasons best known to you.......maybe you've not noticed the protestations at one time or the other of Ijaws/south south; Ogoni; Yoruba; north eastern region; Beroms; christians; etc.

If you're honest with yourself you'd agree that we seem to hear more of 'Igbo' b'cos they -more than any other Nigerian ethnicity- are living this one Nigeria, have paid in blood for it more than any other ethnicity and are 'republican' and 'single-minded' enough to speak their mind as individuals on issues affecting them, not minding whose ox is gored.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by seanet02: 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
otokx: The occupants were merely operators or fronts perhaps and have no valid original documents. Now they want to use wayo and turn from tenant to landlord.
Thank you. Make sure you send the ingrates away if they try any funny schemes.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2013
seanet02: Lol. I thought ibos own Portharcourt?
The true owners are kicking the arse of the tenants.
Jews of Africa indeed.

^^^Why the laughter? You find this issue funny? undecided
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 5:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
olabukola: You are not making sense at all. Did ibos force or trick them to sale? did they buy below market prize, if their is no seller i don't think their will be a buyer. If what the op posted is true its very very wrong irrespective of who is at the receiving end. remember injustice done to one is injustice done to all. It might be ibos today, tomorrow is gonner be another tribe.

I'm an Igbo and also know that some of them actally bought the stores but to overwhelmingly buy up land in a place like ours where land is kind of sacred is only looking for trouble. Some of the lands are sold under duress. For example when someone is sick and money is urgently required. You and I know what it means. The other part is appreciation of value over the years. I saw the document of 100 plots of land bought for 17k in 1975 from an Ikwerre family and left unoccupied for nearly 40 years. Today, the land is sold at 20million per plot and the children of the buyer want to sell it off without re-negotiating with the Ikwerre natives their father bought it from. Ordinarily it is wrong for the Ikwerre's to meddle but the appreciation is much and they therefore feel their parents were short-changed by the 1st buyer. What do you do in this kind of situation?
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 5:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
Good job Abagworo, educated people should reason as such.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 5:17pm On Mar 17, 2013

^^^Thanks.

Port Harcourt may have a very large Igbo population (indigenous Igbos and from surrounding Igbo states), but its land economy and gov't is controlled mainly by Ikwerre (who say they aren't Igbo), Ijaw (Abonema, Okrika, Kalabari, etc) and the state gov't (which includes Igbos)

So Igbos DO NOT control the political-economy of Port Harcourt or Rivers State.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 5:22pm On Mar 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^If you don't know or are not sure what 'injustice' in the Nigerian context means, why proffer your own 2 cents to the debate?

For 'injustice' to be said to have occurred, it takes at least two parties: the 'initiator' and the 'victim'; if you don't know or understand the dynamics that make up the Nigerian political-economy (these last 5 decades) then you wouldn't understand the reason a group would feel it's been a 'victim'; you've only zeroed in on 'Ibo' for reasons best known to you.......maybe you've not noticed the protestations at one time or the other of Ijaws/south south; Ogoni; Yoruba; north eastern region; Beroms; christians; etc.

If you're honest with yourself you'd agree that we seem to hear more of 'Igbo' b'cos they -more than any other Nigerian ethnicity- are living this one Nigeria, have paid in blood for it more than any other ethnicity and are 'republican' and 'single-minded' enough to speak their mind as individuals on issues affecting them, not minding whose ox is gored.
in your eyes you are intelligent.To me you are an unruly urchin.
perhaps Ibo more than anyone have inflicted more pain and instigated most our woes by waking up one day murdering several innocent politicians whilst protecting their own and then rubbing peoples faces in it by making inflammatory records and leaflets. Ibos should look at themselves and stop Whining
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
in your eyes you are intelligent.To me you are an unruly urchin

^^^Fair enough!
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Fair enough!
i edited my post
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 5:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda: i edited my post

^^^Fair enough! wink
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by EzeUche(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2013
Why do some of my Igbo brothers continue to whine? I am tired of hearing about this moaning.

If the town or city is not friendly to your business, then move for goodness sake.

In the era of globalization, you do not have to stay in that city. Why stay in a place when you are not welcomed?
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 5:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
EzeUche: Why do some of my Igbo brothers continue to whine? I am tired of hearing about this moaning.

If the town or city is not friendly to your business, then move for goodness sake.

In the era of globalization, you do not have to stay in that city. Why stay in a place when you are not welcomed?
The reality is more often than not it has nothing to do with their Iboness,it is just a card your people play when business does not favour them. We are wise to their ways now

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by EzeUche(m): 5:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
The reality is more often than not it has nothing to do with their Iboness,it is just a card your people play when business does not favour them. We are wise to their ways now

You act as if the card actually worked before.

Igbo complain about hostile practices aimed at their business, while the indigene laugh and tell them to go back home. I think it is a good idea if that my Igbo brothers and sisters go back home but they never listen.

Aba is not that far. They should relocate there and allow people from other states to visit the stalls in Aba.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:

"the card you people play when business does not favour you"?

It will be interesting to know what business you talking about? Is it the business of setting people's shops on fire? or the business of re-allocating the shops to people who had no presence in the market before the unfortunate events?

If these are the business you talking about then it is no suprise who the experts in those schemes are!

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
@Op
Stop making this issue a tribal thing, simply what is happening is FRAUD and nothing more. What is happening in port Harcourt has happened even in Oyo state, when new Gbagi was allocated many who paid for shops never get one while many who were not genuine traders got up to 2 shops or more, the only difference is,in port Harcourt they keep doing it over and over again.

The traders should fight to stop this fraud and devote their energy to do so rather than turning it to a tribal issue.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by olabukola: 5:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo:

I'm an Igbo and also know that some of them actally bought the stores but to overwhelmingly buy up land in a place like ours where land is kind of sacred is only looking for trouble. Some of the lands are sold under duress. For example when someone is sick and money is urgently required. You and I know what it means. The other part is appreciation of value over the years. I saw the document of 100 plots of land bought for 17k in 1975 from an Ikwerre family and left unoccupied for nearly 40 years. Today, the land is sold at 20million per plot and the children of the buyer want to sell it off without re-negotiating with the Ikwerre natives their father bought it from. Ordinarily it is wrong for the Ikwerre's to meddle but the appreciation is much and they therefore feel their parents were short-changed by the 1st buyer. What do you do in this kind of situation?
Honestly you are not making sense at all. Ok if i bought your fathers 230 benz 10 years ago at 500k and today my son want to sale the benz and people are pricing it 30k will my son come to you to say you cheated my father. What is investment if i may ask? That is called having foresight and nothing more. I bought half plot of land some where in lagos last week and the seller is an ibo man, he has 5 plots and he told me he bought from deeper life some years back at a cheap. So should i tell him to sale it to me the price he bought.

Don't you know that 17k 38 years ago is equivalent to that 20m of today.

Your first sentance did not show you as ibo as you claimed. "Buy up land in a place like ours"

2 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by manny4life(m): 5:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
EzeUche:

You act as if the card actually worked before.

Igbo complain about hostile practices aimed at their business, while the indigene laugh and tell them to go back home. I think it is a good idea if that my Igbo brothers and sisters go back home but they never listen.

Aba is not that far. They should relocate there and allow people from other states to visit the stalls in Aba.

This is why at times I find it hard to pity for them, if they can't go back home and rebuild it like they do in other states, when the wrath of their host falls on them, they're to blame.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by omonnakoda: 5:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
krendo:

"the card you people play when business does not favour you"?

It will be interesting to know what business you talking about? Is it the business of setting people's shops on fire? or the business of re-allocating the shops to people who had no presence in the market before the unfortunate events?

If these are the business you talking about then it is no suprise who the experts in those schemes are!

Whatever business they are involved in when they perceive they are losing out they start shouting "ANTI_IBO" Ladipo is a good example ; they were degrading the environment and when cautioned they start screaming .How is that different from herdsmen destroying peoples crops and screaming "they hate Fulani" when cautioned.

So far we have heard only one side of this Borokiri story and it is obvious who you are prepared to believe. I say without fear that Iboland is the most hostile place to foreigners yet Ibos are always screaming and moaning

2 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
These whiners are back

Whats happening to the SouthSouth-SouthEast alliance?

I laff in 98% votes

5 Likes

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs: You see what I mean when I say these Ibo people are just whingers and whiners...

You say you are persecuted everywhere in the world, even in your backyard.

Cant you people just shut up moaning and get with the programme for once? undecided

Get on with life for God's Sake.

You never holla, Wait till they claim its genocide and starvation

Bucha wussies who wake up and whine daily

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
manny4life:

This is why at times I find it hard to pity for them, if they can't go back home and rebuild it like they do in other states, when the wrath of their host falls on them, they're to blame.

where is home?

so much for one Nigeria lol!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria / El-rufai Not Involved In Accident, Aide Says / Olisa Methu Arrived In Court In Full Dead Body Arrangement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.