Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62656 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Agbogashi: 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
Neduzze5: Michael spun around in a 360 degree towards the ground with the bullet missing him by a hair's breadth. As soon as his left hand touched the ground, his right hand went into action releasing a volley of shots towards Chuks. One of the bullets pierced through Chuks face cap, went through his forehead, shattered his skull and came out from the back of his head since he had been shot at close range. The blood spattered on the back windscreen and the boot of Michael's car.
you're beginning to sound foreign. Good maneuver though
Re: Story: A New Dawn by babyzai(f): 11:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
Nice work bro,love d combination of romance nd bloodiness.............. Olorun a so agbara di otun

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Petraman(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2013
oyestephen: I didn't know the police are put their all into "smaller" issues, especially when its difficult to crack
it's not a 'smaller issue' as u called it, d case has involve a well know hospital, also live has been claimed.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by emsheddy(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
hope dis guy never abandon him story ohhhhh
Re: Story: A New Dawn by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
Neduzze5: 85% loading. Tinu please no vex for me. I had almost lost interest because of lack of comments and folllowership. I will try to update today at least for your sake. Thanks for following!
This should never stop you from doing what you love....I don't want to hear it ever again.

Enjoying the story, taking me back to those days wink
Re: Story: A New Dawn by pearl123(f): 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
[/color][color=#990000]No update yet?nedu Wats goin on
Re: Story: A New Dawn by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
Neduzze wetin be your own na? Come and update joor
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
I'm sightseeing all of you guys.

So so enjoying this my long FRENCH LEAVE.

HBG and Pearl, whatcha you guys saying
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
Agbogashi: you're beginning to sound foreign. Good maneuver though

Sound foreign?

I don't know about that sha
Re: Story: A New Dawn by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
Neduzze5: I'm sightseeing all of you guys.

So so enjoying this my long FRENCH LEAVE.

HBG and Pearl, whatcha you guys saying
which one be french leave?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by IdeeEsperanza(m): 5:53am On Aug 23, 2013
French leave ko, Spanish leave ni. You're just killing this your own thread...it's dying!!!
**spits on thread & goes to call ambulance**

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by macdelene(m): 6:07am On Aug 23, 2013
This guy has definately abandoned his story and has started a new one.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
This post has been hidden.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by princesa(f): 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
Neduzze5:
Wow

Front page things at last. This is wonderful.

Special thanks goes to Mr Mynd, our wonderful moderator for his good work in this section. May God greatly bless you.

Also, I'll like to appreciate the first commenter on this thread, Princesa. She inspired me a lot. Dearie, whenever you see this post, just say hi to the house.
hello house, nice to meet you all,cheesy
thanks dearie, forgive my absence for a while, smiley
Re: Story: A New Dawn by veave(f): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2013
nedu... you are doing real well. how are you? do you need any help with updates?

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by princesa(f): 9:48am On Aug 27, 2013
Nedu what's up nah? Am currently in page 13, but decided to peep here, now i see you've gone on a French leave! Better bounce back!sad

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by onose01(f): 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
I bumped into dis thread 2day and succeeded in reading from 0-15. Nice storyline u‘ve got, though i wasnt expecting d turn of events(like blessing becoming a full fledged armed robber). All d same, u are doing a great job.
Pls am waiting for d next update ASAP.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
idee.esperanza:
French leave ko, Spanish leave ni. You're just killing this your own thread...it's dying!!!
**spits on thread & goes to call ambulance**

I love this comment so much!
It actually shook me back to life.

Who else wants to bite me? undecided

[size=4pt]Update coming up soonest[/size]
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
Disclaimer: If you've forgotten some parts, please go back and re read. I do not take responsibility for any other probs. Time to finish this shit!! lipsrsealed Who gat ma back??

That day was a Sunday and Michael didn't want to go to church, not that he was a frequent church goer anyway, but today, the urge not to go to church was just simply much. It seemed like the sins he had committed were now weighing down his morality. But he didn't care as far as the money was flowing and he was spending it. So gone where the days when he carried his documents and cerrtificates in a file, dressed like a gentleman with ragged out shoes all in the name of looking for a job.

He was now a sharp guy, with polos and jeans and snickers to match.

He was soon at his house and as soon as he entered, Blessing came out to meet him.

"How was it?" she asked "Did you give him the money?"

'Women and their inquisitive nature, na wa oh' he thought to himself before he responded her.

"Which money?" he asked

"The money you where supposed to give him na"

"Yes, I gave him. He should be enjoying it by now" he replied sarcastically and walked away into the bedroom.

Later in the evening of that day, Michael went out to the house of Iyke with his own share of the money. There was a traffic jam or what we know in this country as go slow or hold up on the road that evening. He wondered why since that day was a Sunday. 'At least it was not a working day so most people should have been in their homes with their families' he thought to himself.

"Plaintaiiin chips! Plantaaiiin chips" a hawker selling plantain chips cried out while advertising his wares to Michael.
As he was about to leave, Michael called him back.

"Plantain chips"

"Oga I dey here. How many you wan buy?" the hawker asked in anticipation

"Wetin dey cause this hold up?" Michael asked ignoring his question

"Oga, na one trailer wey fall for road oh dey cause this go slow. So na only one lane car fit follow. How many you dey buy" he asked again

"No worry" he said

"Mtcheew" the hawker sighed and walked away disappointedly with his wares.

Michael let out a small laugh as he sat behind the wheels of his car and watched the hawker walk away in disappointment.

"Was it bad to ask a question? Or what if I didn't call him at all?" he thought to himself.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
"Rivers Gist here, National Daily, Aso Rock News, Eye Witness Account Newspaper, Dependent Newspapers here" another hawker broke his train of thoughts with his newspaper adverts. The man showed the newspapers to him. He rose his hands to wave the man off when he saw a headline that caught his attention.

"Let me see that Rivers Gist newspaper"

"Oga, see am here" he replied handing over the newspaper to Michael. Michael looked at the newspaper for a moment and burst out laughing. He laughed so wildly that the newspaper seller began to look at him some as though he was mad. When he calmed down, he asked the seller for another set.

"Which one be that?" he asked the man with tears in his eyes while pointing at one of the newspapers the man was holding.

"Oga na Eye witness account oh. Make I bring am?"

"Yes"

"See am here" he replied giving him the newspaper.

He perused through it for a while shaking his head disapprovingly.

"How much for the two?" he asked

"Rivers Gist na 250 while Eye Witness na 300"

"Okay. Give me change" Michael said pulling out a 1000 naira bill from his wallet and handing it over to the seller.

"See your change. Thank you Oga" and he walked away with his wares.

"Iyke has to see this" he said while sounding his car horn for the man in front of him to move when the other cars started moving.

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2013
Thank God u r bk cheesy
Re: Story: A New Dawn by princesa(f): 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2013
and keep going too...
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
Candis009: Thank God u r bk cheesy

Thank God oh

princesa: and keep going too...

By God's grace grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
babyzai: Nice work bro,love d combination of romance nd bloodiness.............. Olorun a so agbara di otun

Thanks for reading. I'm happy you love it. It won't be bad if you love the author more grin

@ the bolded, meaning??
Re: Story: A New Dawn by macdelene(m): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2013
Neduzze5 welcom back frm ur french leave hope u are nt goin to any other soon becos I missed this story.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
mac-delene:
Neduzze5 welcom back frm ur french leave hope u are nt goin to any other soon becos I missed this story.

Thanks dear, I'm not leaving until I finish this. So help me God.

Infact, I don vex. Update is here... Refresh in 30 seconds sad
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2013
"What's up man?"

"Hey boss" Iyke greeted and they shook hands

"This one you're dressed up. Are you going out?"

"No I'm not. Actually, I went to church today and since I came back, I've not deemed it fit to remove my clothes"

"Wait! Like seriously, you went to church?" Michael sounded very surprised

"Yeah. Any big deal in that?"

"Not really. Just that I can't picture you wake up one Sunday morning, take your bath and head to church. Even while you were staying with me, I was always the one dragging you to church"

"Must you have to put it to my face?" Iyke asked sneeringly

"Well, that's good. I didn't go but that's by the way. I'm here with your own share of the money. Here it is" Mike said handing over one of these ten naira walkie talkie to him

"How much is in there?" he asked without taking a look at it

"Look at it and guess"

"Jeez!" Iyke exclaimed after looking into the bag

"Just for me?" he asked bewildered "What happened? Someone didn't receive his share?" he was surprised

"Actually, something like that"

"What..." he didn't even start before Michael cut him short.

"Take a look at this" Michael addressed him, tossing the newspapers to him

After a while, Iyke burst out into laughter

"Buhahahahaha"

Michael couldn't help but laugh too.

"Wait oh, you sure say this na today newspaper?" Iyke asked as though he had not seen the dates on the newspapers

"Yes na, you no see the date them write on top there?"

"These our policemen enh, dem don craze. Imagine headline 'Police engaged in a shootout between suspected killers of Councillor, two killed"

"Two killed? Hahahahaha... I no even see that part oh"

"See this one. This one funny pass. Listen 'Slain Councillor's gateman arrested; He's a suspect says police"

"That gateman go suffer wella oh. We for just end im life sef"

"Yes oh. It would have been better that way"

"Guy, I'm thirsty jare. You have cold water?"

"It's not really cold. There has been no light since yesterday morning but it's manageable. Should I bring it"

"Yeah, I'll manage"

"Okay"
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
Refresh again! grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
The week went by uneventfully with no much happenings except fot the normal house activities, cooking and the rest. Blessing on her part had informed Michael of her intention to start up a boutique as that was the only business she could do now since she had a good amount of money now.

It was on Thursday afternoon while they sat in the sitting room watching Television. It was actually a film, where the famous Pawpaw took his girl friend, Tonto Dikeh to a boutique to buy her clothes. It was then her interest was reinkindled as she saw the kind of clothes sold in there and how much money they were making from the place.

"I want to open a boutique" she declared
Michael looked at her and looked back at the television before finally fixing his gaze on her.

"What did you say?"

"I said I want to open a boutique"

"Why? I'd expected you to say you want to go back to school. In fact, I've even been thinking of it. Why do you want to open a boutique instead of going back to school"

"I can't go back to school this way. I have some personal reasons"

"So you want to become a school drop out?" he asked bewildered

"No. I can be at the boutique and still be attending school" she replied with confidence

"How? Will you divide yourself into two?" he asked sarcastically

"No. I can be going for evening classes"

"Evening classes? As young as you are?"

"It doesn't matter"

"Okay, if you say so, it's fine with me"

"So will you help me?" she asked

"Yes dear, anything for you"

"Awwww... Thanks darling" she replied and went closer thereby placing a light kiss on his lips.

"You know I"ll do anything for you" he replied entwining his hands around her waist

"Yes, but what about yourself?"

"How do you mean?"

"Since Monday, you've been at home, idle. Why don't you go and look for a job?" she asked

"I'm not ready for all the hassles and hustles of looking for a job"

"That's because you don't want to work. An idle work is the devil's workshop, they say. Why don't you go and meet one of these highly placed officials with a token?"

"A token?"

"Yes dear, anything is possible in this country as far as you hol something for hand. My classmate in my junior secondary school whose father was rich used to tell me so. I didn't understand then but I now realize what she meant by that"

"You mean bribe?" he asked a question which sounded very out of place

"Yes of course. Every body is doing it. Why will yours be different? Do something abeg"

Michael slowly moved his gaze from her back to the television without saying anything more. He looked very confused as he stared blankly at the television.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by macdelene(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
Nedezze5 back and fully loaded. I greet u. I must commend on crime story U are second to non. Following steadily.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by DermalCarotene(f): 5:58am On Aug 31, 2013
Neduzze5: Chapter Two

......The next day was a Saturday so Blessing didn't have to go to school. She swept and mopped the house, cleaned the.....

Sorry.... just couldn't help but notice.
Blessing answered a question correctly on a Monday, right? @chapter 1
The next day was a Saturday? @chapter 2..

Very nice story though.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:41am On Aug 31, 2013
It's good you're back! Did I really bite you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.