Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62642 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by arabanibaba: 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
this is a very good story but what happen to henry jacobs and inspector also, why is the police not doing any investigation about the bank robbery and why has she not miss school with all the book she knows. its a very good story and am following you bomber to bomber
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
arabanibaba: this is a very good story but what happen to henry jacobs and inspector also, why is the police not doing any investigation about the bank robbery and why has she not miss school with all the book she knows. its a very good story and am following you bomber to bomber

Just continue reading. They might come in soon

Thanks for following cheesy
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyedun82(m): 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
first tym to comment here, great job bro!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nedu, na pple wey jst start read ur story go knw d flaws. Me don even 4gt d beginning part. E don 2 tay. Na tru talk all of dem talk wit dia observatn. Well, me na dat new dawn wey u promise us a year ago, I still dey wait. Carry on, I still dey ffg.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
Mum Z :
Nedu, na pple wey jst start read ur story go knw d flaws. Me don even 4gt d beginning part. E don 2 tay. Na tru talk all of dem talk wit dia observatn. Well, me na dat new dawn wey u promise us a year ago, I still dey wait. Carry on, I still dey ffg.

Lol... One year ke?
I resemble foxy for ya eye?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
oyedun82: first tym to comment here, great job bro!

You're welcome Sir and thanks.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Rajosh(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nedu finally,i've arrived.appologies for being late.Nice story.keep up the good work.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 1:45am On Jul 30, 2013
I'm wondering what plans blessing has for sammy...
Re: Story: A New Dawn by emsheddy(m): 9:17am On Jul 30, 2013
nice story bro. But i think u aint doing justice to Blessing's character at all. Girls r emotional. Na person wey lost her papa and mama nahim dey form Angelina Jolie overnight. Ah ah bros be real na. Great work all the same
Re: Story: A New Dawn by 4kizo(m): 10:40am On Jul 30, 2013
Ehe, 4kizo don finaly reach, errm wetin b dat his name, nedu my man i dy feel u badaly, jst continue d tori, i dy ur bac.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2013
emsheddy: nice story bro. But i think u aint doing justice to Blessing's character at all. Girls r emotional. Na person wey lost her papa and mama nahim dey form Angelina Jolie overnight. Ah ah bros be real na. Great work all the same

Well, I decided to omit some scenes because it makes the work longer and makes her look weak. My character(Blessing} is a strong, kind and not emotional girl with stone heart but which can be melted easily depending on circumstances.
Na why she suppose form Angelina Jolie.... lol!!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2013
"Yeah, this wine is sweet" Sammy complimented as he gulped down every bit of the remaining wine left in his cup and dropped it on the center table

"It's been almost two weeks since our last operation and I bet your monies must have gone down drastically" Michael addressed them
They all nodded in unison.

"Okay, here's the deal. The next operation will be coming up in two days time but this time, it will not be a bank. Rather, we will be paying a visit to the Councillor of Rumuomasi ward in his house. I've intelligence information that the security votes for the ward worth over two million naira will soon be in his hands in two days time. So that's where we are going to strike by next tomorrow. Tomorrow, get yourself prepared both physically, mentally spiritually, socially and otherwise and by next tomorrow, we strike. Any questions?"

"Yeah, I've a question" Iyke said

"Ride on please"

"How did you get this information"

"Erm... Well, it's kind of complicated. The friend of the Councillor's brother contracted me for this job. And he want's his cut of 50%"

"And you believed him? What if it's a trap" Blessing interjected

"Yeah, she has a point there" Iyke said nodding in agreement

"We have been quite close but not too close for a while now and I know things he can do. He's a robber but he doesn't have the resources to pull this one off that's why he wants me to do it?"

"And 50% of two million naira? Don't you think it's too much? If we are to give him what he asks for, what will be left for us" Sammy who was more interested in the money put in.

"And you know he can use this to blackmail us later. I don't really feel comfortable with this job" Blessing who was more concerned about her safety also said

"Don't worry guys. I"ve other plans"

"Why don't you tell us at once? Iyke asked

"I say make una no worry, when we reach there, you go know" Michael said in between smiles

"Ehen, Blessing, is there food still remaining in the kitchen" Michael asked her

"Yes"

"Please bring some for our friends here. I know they must be famished by now"

Sammy grunted in approval as Blessing walked away to the kitchen.

"This girl fine well well oh" It was Iyke's voice in low tones

"Yeah, I know" Michael responded. He sounded uninterested.

"You don do anything with am?"

"As in?"

"No dey pretend like say you no know wetin I dey talk"

"Tell me na. I am confused"

"Okay, let me make it plain. You don chop her "Ikpu"?

"Michael now understood him

"You dis boy, you be bad boy oh! See where your mind dey go" he replied laughing wildly

"Tell me naa"

"I no go tell you"

Blessing came in with two plates of rice, one for Sammy and one for Iyke.

Not surprisingly, in Sammy's plate, there was only one small piece of meat but in Iyke's plate, there were two big pieces of meat and Iyke's food was bigger.

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2013
Rajosh, emsheddy, 4kizo, you guys are welcome...
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:03am On Jul 30, 2013
Typing next update

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by coonax(f): 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
Blessin wicked oo..y she boda giv d guy meat sef undecided
Re: Story: A New Dawn by arabanibaba: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
pls blessing should not poison sammy i want his death slowly
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Bintsina: 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
nice work. pls, update soon, as I am already starving
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
Na only rice den dey chop, abi na only rice Blessing sabi cook? Lol, keep it comn.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
coonax: Blessin wicked oo..y she boda giv d guy meat sef undecided
LOl... She wicked die

arabanibaba: pls blessing should not poison sammy i want his death slowly
hahahahaha... if wishes were horses

Bint 'sina:
nice work. pls, update soon, as I am already starving

Update coming soon.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
The next day was a Friday.

Michael was in the bathroom taking his bath while Blessing was in the kitchen carrying out some house chore. The kitchen was small but spacious and always neat and tidy. It was tiled with wood coloured tiles which made it match with the wooden cabinets in the kitchen. It had three different shelves for keeping of not frequently used plates, pots and spoons. But it was empty because Michael was not really into cooking. Before Blessing came into his life, Iyke was the one in charge of cooking. Most times when Iyke did not come over and spend the weekend at his house, he either went for junk or visited one of the fast food centres around. The kitchen also had a sink in it. One word for the kitchen; magnificient!

Blessing soon finished with her chores. She wanted to go into the parlour to watch any home video but NEPA was at it's best doing what it knows how to do best. So she simply walked into the sitting room and lay on the bed.

The living room was big actually with a big bed that would accomodate three people easily. It also possessed a wardrobe and a table with two chairs. The room had wallpapers of different celebrities on it's wall but one actually stood out from the rest. It was that of a man and a woman unclad and under the bedsheet with only their heads showing. Their mouths were interlocked in wild passion. Blessing usually looked at this particular wallpaper everyday. It fascinated her. She just couldn't imagine having someone's elses mouth in her own mouth.

Having been a virgin until it was forcefully snatched from her by the man she now hated so much, she hadn't experienced such a romantic scene before so all she did was just to stare at the picture whenever she was in the room and wonder about it from what she had seen in the home videos and some American Harlequin romance novels she had read.

The bathroom and toilet was located in the living room also. It had all the necessary equipments for a cool, hot or warm
bath. There was a shower, a water heater and a bathtub. she hadn't seen it before and her parents didn't have it in their house, not that they couldn't afford it but because the house they were living in was that of someone else so installing such facilities was just a mere waste of time and also, they had more important things to do with money. Maybe that's what usually made Michael spend so much time in the bathroom, she reasoned within herself.

The door of the bathroom opened and Michael stepped out.

He was stark na.ked!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by emsheddy(m): 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
u dey try wella my guy. More steam to ur engine!
By the way, why u dey welcome me nw? Me wey don come since on saturday! Abi u wan ask me where the bread i bring grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
It seems like u now have the romantic bait to attract some people......
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Rajosh(m): 11:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
Guy come and continue your story o. Especially from the part where Mike is stark NAKED.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
oyestephen: It seems like u now have the romantic bait to attract some people......

Lol... actually, you don't expect two grown ups to stay in the house without any action or do you? grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Rajosh: Guy come and continue your story o. Especially from the part where Mike is stark NA.KED.

Omo see gobe... since there's light right now, I'll try and update once more.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:21am On Jul 31, 2013
Blessing was reading a fashion magazine when he stepped out of the bathroom.

"You bath like a girl after you will start complaining of girls dressing up late" she said mildly looking up from the magazine she was reading.

It was then that she saw it! She hadn't expected him to come out of the bathroom nak.ed.
Her heart began to beat faster and she calculated on what steps to take next.

"Oh, you are here" Michael said feeling unconcerned about his being nake.d and walking across the room to get his clothes from the wardrobe.

"Sorry" Blessing apologised in a whisper or more of a murmur and proceeded to walk out of the room.

"Blessing!" he called out

But she didn't turn back. She had seen enough and didn't want to see more. She walked straight to the sitting room with quivering legs and sat down on a settee there. She tried reading the article she was with but could not concentrate. She began to chide herself for behaving in such a childish manner. Her wishes would have been granted today if only she took that extra step and waited behind....

Back in the bedroom, Michael was sort of surprised at the attitude of Blessing. He hadn't expected her to behave like that. He was used to coming out of the bathroom stark nak.ed and couldn't stop it just because of her. He then dressed up and walked out of the room in search of her. He saw her in the parlour but she didn't notice when he entered.

"Blessing!"

She was startled

"I'm sorry"

Michael wondered what she was sorry about whether it was because she saw him nake.d or because she left the room in a haste but he didn't want to bring up the topic again because it seemed to embarrass her so he let it slide.

"It's okay" he said "I'm going out now, will be back in a few hours time. I would love to take you out on a date today. Will you be free by let's say 7:00pm" he asked

"Of course yes" she replied. It was going to be her first date ever and she could dare to miss it for anything in the world.

"Okay" Michael said and bent towards her in a bid to give her a kiss. In an instant, she turned her face away. He then gave her a peck instead and bade her bye before leaving the house. When she heard his car drive off, She stood up in anger and threw the article in her hand against the wall.

"God! What's wrong with me?" she asked nobody in particular.

*end of chapter nine*
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:35am On Jul 31, 2013
Chapter Ten coming up next.

Upload in progress....!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2013
[size=18pt]CHAPTER TEN[/size]

"Good evening Sir, Good evening Ma, what can we offer you both" It was a waitress at "Chicken Republic"
Chicken Republic was a sort of fast food joint modeled in the steps of other fast food joints like Mr Biggs, Renny's and The Promise. This was where Michael had brought Blessing to on a date. like the name implied, there main food there was chicken, not that there was no other food there but anything you are eating must be with chicken. Michael and Blessing were seated at an enclosed end of the fast food which was covered with curtains with flowery designs that shielded them from any prying eyes.

"Ask my fiancee first" Michael said

Fiancee? since when? Blessing wondered in confusion until she saw him wink at her.

"What do you want to take ma" the waitress asked

"Ask my boo first" and they both laughed to the detriment of the waitress who was looking at Michael in apparent confusion at the kind of game they were playing.

"Okay, give me garri and eguisi soup with meat" he requested

"You didn't tell me you liked garri" she asked him with surprise written all over her face

"Is that why you've never cooked soup at home or because you don't know how to cook soup"

"I know how to cook soup jorh but I don't like garri that's why I don't usually cook soup. if you had told me, I would have prepared it for you"

The waitress cut in before Michael could reply.

"Sir, it's only chicken we have here"

"Garri and chicken? What kind of weird combination is that" it was Blessing

"I wonder oh, but bring it all the same"

The waitress was beginning to get impatient

"What of you Ma"

"Erm, give me Spaghetti, salad and chicken" she replied

"Spaghetti and Salad!" shocked Michael shouted in disbelief "That's the most weirdest food combination I've ever heard of. Let's see how it turns out to be.

"You've not tasted it before? It's very sweet. Don't worry, when you taste it, you will dump your own for mine" she declared

"Any other thing" the impatient waitress asked

"No, nothing for now" Michael replied her.

The waitress began walking away with a sigh of relief until she heard Michael's voice

"Excuse me"

She felt as though the ground should open up and swallow her but she managed to turn back and head towards them.

"Get us a bottle of...." Michael paused to inquire from Blessing

"Which wine will you like to drink?"

"Eva will be more preferable"

"Then Eva it's. Get us a bottle of Eva wine"

"Okay. Any other thing?"

"No for now"

"Okay" and she walked away, only this time, she walked in long strides.

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by AnnNini(f): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
Very short. Update quickly
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Rajosh(m): 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
Kai Blessing you fall my hand big time.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by bimbiola: 5:01am On Aug 01, 2013
Finally caught up with you. Nice story u av here.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:15am On Aug 01, 2013
Happy New Month pals

Special treat for this month coming up soon.

By the way, how old is this thread self?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.