Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62657 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2013
bimbiola: Finally caught up with you. Nice story u av here.

You're most welcome to the club

AnnNini: Very short. Update quickly

Yes Ma'am

Rajosh: Kai Blessing you fall my hand big time.

Lol.... she be amateur na grin

Happy New Month to you all.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by funnysaint(m): 11:20am On Aug 01, 2013
nice work, keep it up. i Really enjoyed ur write up. i am following. next chapter Please
Re: Story: A New Dawn by pammusphy(m): 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hmm.. You're beginning to bring romance into it. I dont read romantic novels...
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
funnysaint: nice work, keep it up. i Really enjoyed ur write up. i am following. next chapter Please

Yeah, it's a must today although I'm having problem ending the little romance and continuing with the main story. Who can help me out?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
Blessing was dressed in a light blue gown with high heels which made her taller than Michael by a metre while Michael was
dressed in a body hug white police t-shirt and and blue denim jeans. He had the look of a money "chopping" engineer.

"I like your dress. It really makes you look more beautiful" he complimented Blessing when he couldn't find the words to begin a conversation with her.

"Haba... this is the umpteenth time you have complimented on this dress today. Maybe you will also love to eat it"

"Hahahaha... actually, it's not the cloth I'm complimenting on, it's you"

"What's different about me today" she asked looking at herself all around once again

"You look like a goddess... I think God created you on a Sunday"

"Hahahaha... You've come. You know who you sound like?"

"No"

"Do you want to know"

"Yes of course. Tell me"

"You sound like one secondary school student trying to "chyke" a girl"

"Seriously"

"Yeah, serious. I've a question I've been meaning to ask you"

"Yes, what is"

"Since I came into your house, I've not seen any girl around you"

Michael smiled a little because he knew where she was headed.

"Have you finished because that's not a question"

"Erm... Actually no erm... but... it's kind of..." she stuttered but didn't complete her statement before Michael cut her short.

"Are you shy?"

"Me? Shy? No oh. I'm not..."

"Shhhh... Look at me"

She looked at him and then looked away.

"No, I mean look into my eyes and stay there"

Blessing did as she was told.

"Yeah. Now talk to me"

Surprisingly, a new kind of courage was infused in her and she became bold

"Do you have a girlfriend?" she asked

Michael laughed

"Actually no"

"Why"

Before he could answer the question, the waitress came in with the food and dropped it on the table.

"Thanks" they replied and soon fell to the food set before them eating and chatting in between meals.

"Hmm, this food is sweet"

"Mine is sweeter. Have a taste" Blessing said offering him a spoonful of spaghetti and salad

"No, don't bother" Michael said in between mouthfuls

"Just taste it. Don't be shy"

Michael let out a loud laugh

"See who's talking. Me shy? Then what will we say about you"

"Taste it abeg"

"Okay" Michael said and took it in his mouth from the spoonful she had offered him

"Isn't it sweet?" she asked

He made a face as though it was bitter and she slapped him playfully on his left arm

"See your head"

When they were through with eating, they continued with the wine.

"You know" Michael began "I once had a dream to become an engineer"

"So what happened?" she asked.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
"I entered the University at the age of 14 to study mechanical engineering. I was very brilliant and the youngest in my department then. I finished school at 19 years, came out with a second class upper, went for my NYSC and served my country"

"Well, I don't really know about the grading system but I believe yours is a high grade. I used to hear some of my classmates talk about it then. With such a grade, you should have been working in big companies like Shell and others"

"Yes, but you won't believe that for two years, I couldn't get a job. That was why I put a little money together and bought an old laptop which I used to begin the yahoo business"

"Too bad. Well, as per the age, it means, you are 22 years old now. Is that why you don't have a girlfriend yet?"

"Erm... Actually yes. As a small boy then na, I focused on my books, didn't socialize with anybody but just lived a triangular life viz hostel to lecture hall to church and back to hostel. So there was no time for love. Infact, I didn't create a space for it in my timetable. But recently, I met a girl it seems like I've fallen in love with and all I want to do is to continue falling in love with her over and over again"

Blessing's heart missed a bit. She had begun to develop a secret likeness for Michael because he was kind, friendly and handsome. Infact, he had almost all the qualities a woman would need in a man. But this revelation threatened that small seed of love for Michael that was germinating in her heart.

"Wow, so who is she" she asked with an unstable voice

"She's here with us"

Blessing pulled the curtain a little aside and looked around to see if there was anybody sitting anywhere close to them.

"Where's she?" she asked fidgeting a little
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
The conclusion will come tomorrow. Good night and Happy New month once again grin tongue
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Wesslier(m): 11:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
Neduzze5: The conclusion will come tomorrow. Good night and Happy New month once again grin tongue
Waitin impatiently... Job well done.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 6:48am On Aug 02, 2013
pammusphy: Hmm.. You're beginning to bring romance into it. I dont read romantic novels...

Then you can skip this chapter because it's solely on romance and it's the only romance in the story or so it seems like for now!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by funnysaint(m): 8:31am On Aug 02, 2013
nice story, keep it up. following you. next Update please, guess loading. . . . . . . . . don't Keep us waiting too long
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Bintsina: 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
A job well done. kip it cumin. pls, update sooooooooooon
Re: Story: A New Dawn by rollytee(f): 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
Good job here...waiting 4 more
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
funnysaint: nice story, keep it up. following you. next Update please, guess loading. . . . . . . . . don't Keep us waiting too long

Thanks Saint.... About to wed update

grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
"Me" she asked just to be sure she had heard right

"Yes you. Ever since I met you at that park, I've always thought of you, I've always dreamt of the day I would hold you in my hands and profess my love for you. I want you to
be mine, I want you to be there for me always, just love me, that's all I ask for"

"Michael, I do love you. Because you're the most caring person I've ever met on this earth but..."

"But? There are no buts. I love you and you love me. That's all.

"Yes, I do love you but I've not really found a way to tell you that. My heart almost failed me when you said you had gotten a girlfriend"

"Wow, I love you darling" and he leaned forward across the table to kiss her.
This time she didn't resist, but simply increased the tempo of the kisses.

"Let's go home" he whispered in between the kisses.

"Yeah"

The journey home rather seemed long and tortuous because Michael couldn't hold himself any longer. They were in a taxi and that was the only reason why he restrained himself from touching her. But as soon as they got home, he was all over her kissing and caressing her. It was a no holds barred as she threw all cautions to the wind and responded to his every touch and moves employing all the antics she had learnt from some of the romance novels she had read.

The night was a long one for them as they kissed all the way to the bedroom, helped UnCloth each other and gbam, hit the cookie jar....!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
Bint 'sina:
A job well done. kip it cumin. pls, update sooooooooooon

More coming
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
[size=18pt]CHAPTER ELEVEN[/size]

It was Saturday morning.

It was still very early in the morning and the morning had not yet fully dawned. The weather was chilly and the wind blew on gently taking the trees and its branches on a little stroll. The grasses also responded to the antics of the wind as they moved at a simply slow speed.

He gently moved his fingers through her natural hair. He was already awake before her and watching her as she slept. He thought about the previous night. It had been simply fantastic and he lay there wishing he could be with her always and forever

"Good morning angel" he greeted Blessing as they lay on the bed. She had just awoken from sleep.
She came closer to him and snuggled in his arms

"Good morning honey"

"How was your night?"

"It was hectic" she joked

"Hectic? Hahahaha... Mind you I was the one doing the work oh"

"But I was carrying you"

The urge came to kiss her and he promptly brought his face closer to hers, his lips searching for hers and finally settling on it when he found it. He slowly kissed her and she responded while caressing his chest. his hands found her bosom and he began working on it. After a while of kissing and caressing, he had a hard on and decided to advance to the next stage so he reached out for his wallet and brought out a condom. He tore it open and wore it.

But as he mounted on her, he was interrupted by his phone ringing.

"Oh damn" he muttered and lay on her while still inside her. He allowed the phone to finish ringing before he continued. By this time, his joystick had deactivated itself so he had to reactivate it. After a moment of kissing and caressing, he had a hard on again and as he began, his phone rang again.

He sighed and came out of her and picked up the phone from the table. The number was strange. It started with the plus sign and looked more like a foreign number. At first he wanted to reject the call thinking that it was one of these yahoo boys as he was well versed in the game, he had done it severally, but after a counter thought, he picked it up.

"Hello"

"Hey, Hi"

The voice sounded 'Americanish' in nature and Michael wondered who could be the Americana that was calling him.

"Sorry, please who is this"

"You don't know me"

"No I don't and you number is not stored on my phone" Michael shouted into the receiver. He was getting pissed off.

"Oh, that's true. I'm calling from a phoning booth, But even at then, you can't recognize my voice?" the 'Americana' at the other end of the receiver asked

"Who are you?!!" he was already fuming now. Now that he was almost enjoying himself, this call came in and now the caller is forming 'Americana' he thought to himself.

"It's Johnson"

"Which Johnson?" he asked

"Your main man now, your childhood friend"

"Yeeeehhh! Johnson!!!!" Na you be dat"

"Na me oh"

"You don forget me abi?"

"My Chair, no be so oh. Na hussling things since then oh"

"Chei, you dey enjoy oh"

"Enjoy motor! Infact, I go soon come back naija oh. I no know whether you still get any of those coke in stock"

"I don stop that business tay tay but you fit still come around make we arrange small thing for you. When you say you dey
come back?" Michael asked his friend

"In a week's time"

"Today na Saturday, So by next Saturday I should be expecting you ba?"

"Yes oh"

"Till then na"

"Bye" Johnson said and hung up.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
rollytee: Good job here...waiting 4 more

See y'all tomorrow.

By the way, I like your handle.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
Okay

Good morning, Good afternoon and Good Evening in advance grin

What next?

Update!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2013
You might be wondering who Johnson is. Well, Johnson is a friend of Michael, okay, not just friend but closest friend. They lived in the same neighbourhood, went to the same Nursery, Primary, Secondary and University schools. The only difference was that while Michael studied Mech. Engineering, Johnson studied Computer Engineering. They lived as roommates till they graduated and passed out with the same grades.

Another difference was in their physical looks. While Michael was ebony coloured, Johnson was fair in colour. They were of the same height with Michael slightly taller than him.

When they were hit with unemployment stuff, he was the one that introduced Michael to the yahoo business since he was a student of comp. eng. and more versed in the computer world.

He was able to get the connections of a mafia group in the States who needed a steady supply of cocaine through his internet dealings. They paid him an advance to bring a large quantity of the hard drugs to the state. That was how he went to the U.S and never came back until now...

"My best friend just called me now from the U.S" he informed blessing in an overjoyed tone.

"Your best friend? I thought your best friend was Iyke"

"Did I say that? This my friend that called now, his name is Johnson. He has been my friend right from childhood and finally, luck shined on him and he went abroad"

"Ok, forget about him and come here... don't keep me waiting"

"Yes ma'am and he scrambled towards her.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
contd**********

THE SAME SATURDAY 7:30PM

The light from the 100 watts bulb illuminated every nook and cranny of the sitting room. It shone brightly to reveal four persons in the room, Michael, Blessing, Samuel and Iyke. Michael was addressing them on the mission they were about to undertake.

"Okay, I've earlier informed you guys about this mission. I've been in contact with my source today and he has assured me that the money has entered the hands of the Councillor. As we did last time, we just enter, grab the money and vamoose. Understood?"

They all nodded in agreement

"Blessing, are you sure you want to do this?" Michael asked.

She nodded in the affirmative. Having said all that they said, they picked up their guns and headed outside. Michael switched off all the lights in the house and joined them in the car.

That night, it was as if the heavens were in their favour because the weather was dark and the moon was not shining at all. Sammy switched on the headlamps and rolled the car out of the garage. He expertly handled the steering and in a matter of minutes, they were on the road.

Michael was in the front passenger's seat as he was the one to give directions as to where to turn and where to follow. Samuel seemed to know all the roads in the whole of Port Harcourt. From Rumuokwurushi, they drove on. The road was not all that congested, just few cars, maybe that of people that had gone out to enjoy themselves that weekend or those still on their way to their various places of weekend relaxation spots.

From Rumuokwurushi to Rumuomasi took barely twenty minutes which on a normal morning would have taken nothing less than one hour.

Michael directed him towards Echetam street which was on the left as soon as you entered Rumuomasi. Echetam street housed the magnificent Plain Groove Estate. It was where the wealthy and affluent men in Rumuomasi lived. It was in this estate that the Councillor for Rumuomasi ward lived.

According to his informant, Michael had been told that the Councillor's house was the only house in the estate with a white gate. Michael wondered at how a person could use a white gate considering how it would look when it was dirty.

Soon Michael spotted the white gate and told Sammy to park some metres after it. After surveying the car from the place he sat in the car, he knew that they needed a miracle to get them through into the gates. They needed to come up with ideas on how to enter the house because they couldn't just horn and expect the gate to be opened up to them.

"Actually guys, there's a huge problem. We can't get past the gate and the wall is too high for us to climb in from and even if we manage to climb, we will just be electrocuted to death. I need ideas. How do we go about this?" Michael asked

"How about going up to the gate and knocking. We might just be lucky you know?"

"And risk exposing our faces? Or you want to walk up to the gate with your masks on?"
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
contd******

"What if we horn with the car? Who knows, since he cannot see the occupants of the car clearly, he might open the gate and come out in a bid to find out the occupants of the car. That would be our chance"

"Well, we might equally try it out. But we would need someone to stand close to the gate so as to put him out as soon as he comes out"

"I'll do that" Iyke volunteered and came down from the car.

"Okay, let's do this"

Samuel reversed the car as soon and faced it towards the white gate of the councillor's house. He dimmed the lights and Michael signaled Iyke to know if he was ready.

Iyke signaled back in the affirmative and Samuel sounded the horn of the car.

The gateman opened the small window in the gate which was used to confirm the visitors at the gate before letting them in.

As they expected, he could not see them and so he opened the small gate and walked towards them.

Michael noticed he was an 'aboki' The tribal marks, his dark coloured skin and their peculiar kind of face said it all and he wondered why most people kept 'aboki's' as their gate men.

"Who I be?" he asked when he got to the car.

Michael rolled down the glass of the car.

"I wan see Councillor" he responded

"I get any appoint..." he didn't finish before Iyke knocked him senseless with the butt of the gun he was holding.

"Phew! Nice one" Michael commended as Iyke dragged the gate man into the compound and opened the gates for Samuel to drive in.

Samuel drove in and reversed the car in the large compound parking it in such a way that made escape easier.

Iyke left the gate wide open and walked towards them.

He had not taken up to three steps when he heard a loud growl. Looking up ahead of him at where the sound came from, he saw something that looked like a lion bounding towards him at a great speed.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Emeralddan(f): 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lol lion ke.....dis work is too risky for blessing na how old is she sef....so are they (blessing and micheal) now dating ??
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
seems like nememsis will catch up with iyke faster than i thought.....
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
Emerald dan: Lol lion ke.....dis work is too risky for blessing na how old is she sef....so are they (blessing and micheal) now dating ??

She's 19 years old

And yes, she and Michael is now dating
Re: Story: A New Dawn by jlee(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nice story, i wuld given u high grade but d updates is just too slow.
This story is taking longer than expected thus killing moral of following
Re: Story: A New Dawn by emsheddy(m): 7:43am On Aug 05, 2013
u dey try my guy. Keep it flowing
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
oyestephen: seems like nememsis will catch up with iyke faster than i thought.....

You think so? Just watch.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
jlee: Nice story, i wuld given u high grade but d updates is just too slow.
This story is taking longer than expected thus killing moral of following

I'm sowie about that just that I'm kind of busy
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
contd****

Iyke was visibly shaken. He couldn't move and stood rooted at the spot. Although Iyke was a very powerful and stubborn guy, he couldn't do anything here. He felt powerless and waited for the worst to come.

When it came closer, he found out that it was a dog, not just any ordinary dog but a huge one. It was tall and robust with black and brown hairs that made it look fierce. Its long and sharp white teeth shone in the dark.

The dog pounced on him and he landed on the ground. He was lucky that his head did not hit the terrazzoed floor. The dog continued growling and lurching at him in an attempt to bite him.

At this point, Michael had come out of the car and was advancing towards where Iyke lay struggling with the dog with his gun in his hands slowly and steadily.

"Michael" Iyke shouted for help as the dog managed to sink it's teeth through his black overall coat thereby biting him on his left shoulder.

Michael was now very close and trying to aim at the dog's head carefully so as to avoid shooting Iyke in the process.

In a split second, the sound of a gun was heard and Iyke pushed the dog aside and stood up from the ground dusting himself and holding his shoulder injury. he had managed to pick the gun from the ground where it lay and shoving it into the dog's mouth, he pressed the trigger. The bullet passed through the dog's mouth and came out at the dog's neck and sizzled past Michael.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked as he came to Iyke's side.

"Yeah, I'm. It's just a small scratch"

Blessing and Samuel had been in the car all along. She was too terrified to come out of the car when she saw the dog attacking Iyke.

"It's okay. You can come out now" Michael addressed her.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yes"

She then came out of the car and they then advanced towards the house.

Meanwhile, the Councillor heard the gunshot and was peeping from the window that faced the gate. He noticed that his gate was open but he couldn't see anyone. He decided to open the door and check on the gate man.

As soon as he opened the door of his parlour, he saw three people with guns walking towards him. He immediately ran inside fidgeting and searching for his phone in a bid to call the police.

The trio were not disturbed when he closed the door. Michael tried the door when they got to it and saw that the door which was a wooden door was locked from the inside.

They all moved back a little. Cocking their guns, they opened fire on the door. The councillor was in the parlour covering his ears and still trying to call the police when they walked in.

"Drop the phone on the table!" Iyke commanded at once.

"Please don't kill me, I will give you whatever you want"

"Where's the security votes for Rumuomasi ward?"

"It's... It's in in my room" he stammered

"Take me there" Michael ordered

The councillor obeyed and climbed the stairs to his room which was upstairs. When they got there, he brought out the two ghana must go bags of money and gave them to him.

"Now carry this one downstairs" Mike ordered and picked the second one and followed the councillor at his back.

When they got to the parlour, he ordered the councillor to sit on the ground.

"Where are your wife and children?"

"They are in the States"

"Oh, so na una wey dey chop this ward money sotey person no fit get job for this state abi? Give me one reason why I no go shoot you make you die"

"Oga, no kill me oh abeg"

The door of the parlour swung open.

"Brother, I heard sounds and wanted..."

The cold touch of the nozzle of a gun silenced him at once.

"No kill me abeg" he begged as the gun led him into the parlour.

It was Blessing that held the gun and was pointing it at the new entrant.

"Go and sit down there" she commanded

"Shebi you talk say no other person dey with you for this house abi?" Michael asked the councillor while giving him a thunderous slap

"Na my brother be this oh" he replied almost crying

Blessing peered into the face well and seemed to remember him. The mask on her face was not making her see well but soon she recognized him.

Anger, frustration and the thirst for revenge began to well up inside of her as she remembered what the man had done to her.

She held her pistol in her hand and then released a well timed slap on his face with the pistol still in her hand.

Instantly, he was injured on his cheek and two of his teeth fell off at once.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
emsheddy: u dey try my guy. Keep it flowing

Thanks man
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
Check dis last update, dere is a place u wrote 'Henry' instead of 'Iyke'. Councellor house get wooden door, 4 dis naija? Ok o, if u say so. Keep it comn, like d added humor of slaps n pidgin.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
Mum Z :
Check dis last update, dere is a place u wrote 'Henry' instead of 'Iyke'. Councellor house get wooden door, 4 dis naija? Ok o, if u say so. Keep it comn, like d added humor of slaps n pidgin.

Thanks Mum... Correction has been immediately effected.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.