Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria (36517 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by howfarwhatagwan: 11:09am On Mar 18, 2013
Now I know Nigerians are doomed and see me asking God the other day if we are the worst sinners on earth why we cannot keep our head up not knowing that we truly deserve what we get. I cannot believe that people are actually supporting GEJ on this issue and asking who the hell is Bill Gate. Is GEJ trying to play God or what? I truly feel sorry for him and all his supporters. Now I will change my prayer and ask God to give all of you (GEJ included) no single peace until you all repent or die because we will never move forward as a country with peeps like you.

My prayer ''My God in heaven GEJ and everybody supporting him on this issue give them no peace until they repent including every corrupt official be it in the government or private sector''.

7 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by sureteeboy(m): 11:10am On Mar 18, 2013
oyb: Enters rossik/sincerengerian/lastpope mode -

Who is bill gates sef . He is just a huckster.he made his money selling a rubbish OS. We don't need his peanuts. Who does he think he is. We can get donations from steve jobs whose company is far more successful.

Exits sycophant mode

Good luck to those poor sods in benue. Your hiv treatments are now fully in the hands of the thieves at the top

You just asked who Bill Gates is? He is someone who can feed the whole of nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by chucky234(m): 11:10am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: As far as I am concern, Nigerian youths wont revolt as America wants, cos I will be here online telling the disadvantage of killing ourselves for change. Such Change via Revolution is seen in Egypt, Tunisia, Syria etc, is not the real positive change. The Change we need is to keep learning the true history of USA and their hypocrisy and how to avoid them and align with countries who have us at heart. We are Africans, we are mother continent, we are smart, our music industry is beating USA soon, our drama and soap opera shows our spirit of struggle. Our Ngozi Iweala is one of the best brains in the world but Obama denied her a top job. We got all it takes. F/u/ck Mrs. America.
I don't even know where to place you,why is it so hard for you to understand that your oga at top (GEJ) and his cohorts need these loans and aid to cope since they have loots our treasury dry.
You sit in your nine ceilings room yapping nonsense daily,I have nothing but pity for you and anyone who chooses to follow your footsteps.

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by playboy19(m): 11:11am On Mar 18, 2013
SOH KAH TOA: Of what use has American aid been to us if not to subvert us politically? There should be a clarity between charity/ humanitarian gesture with politics and since the pardoning of Alams and Bulama is within the purview of morality rather than a constitutional breach, I then say the U.S is taken this too far and should go to hell. The war against polio would have since been won had our people not been ignorant. Imagine where polio eradication is seen as a sacrilege against Allah. Countries that have had less American interference are doing better and I think Nigeria is of age to look elsewhere if the Americans do not have respect for our sovereignty.

Stop being too political my friend and face reality. This is not the US government's Aid, it is the Bill and Melinda Gate Foundation's initiative. So if he decides, your corrupt country is not worth helping, then so be it. Just stop attacking Bill Gate, instead attack your overly corrupt government. I just don't know why most of you don't see anything wrong with the whole Alams pardon thing.

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by nastydamus(m): 11:11am On Mar 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by naptu2: 11:12am On Mar 18, 2013
segend:

Aids are usually not given to people, they are given to NGOs or an initiative, like the affordable antimalaria initiative (AMFm)

Polio eradication is impossible without the federal and state ministries of health. Who administer's the vaccines? Whose facilities are used? That's why he was meeting with the governor's forum. These projects are executed through funding given to ministries and agencies. Who runs these ministries and agencies?

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 11:12am On Mar 18, 2013
The report sounds like poppycock to me. What would Bill Gates and his polio runs have to do with GEJ's pardoning of Alams?
Gates is not representing the US government. Sounds like Naija journalists trying to whip up some sentiments jare. I wouldn't get too excited. undecided

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by maclatunji: 11:13am On Mar 18, 2013
naptu2: I had to write "joking" before my Abacha comment. . . .just check out how people have misunderstood Oyb's post! shocked

And many of them will be making fun of the NSCDC man when they are no better.

6 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by FrenchyL(m): 11:13am On Mar 18, 2013
Okija_juju: This move to pardon Alamieyeseigha may have killed the 2015 dream o!!

Jonathan WHY?!!!

My brother you are thinking the same thing as i am.. The move was a bad one which has effectively killed off any future plans for his re election. I am really disappointed in GEJ because at this level i expected that he should have known better than playing foolish ethnic politics..

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Boss13: 11:13am On Mar 18, 2013
Jonathan is not contesting in 2015. He said it before but Nigerians did not listen. I just pray we kick out PDP. I'm tired of that party

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by daylae(m): 11:13am On Mar 18, 2013
strangest: mtschewww no be to market microsoft softwares imm dey come for? this is absolutely nonsense, imagine if we boycott microsoft softwares just because US went to war in Iraq.... Nonsense... mtschewww
bros,microsoft softwares go sell cus na only jonathan and his folks wont buy cus they are the only ones seeing this pardon as a positive move,and we both know how bill's foundation has been able to help in the fight against hiv/aids and polio in nigeria. But i understand your comment being that it seems america is most pained by this and taking actions,while all we do here is grumble.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by me1234: 11:13am On Mar 18, 2013
all these lie lie journalism.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by born2boink(m): 11:14am On Mar 18, 2013
greatest threat is to see all nigerians putting their head in same basket, presidential pardon for ex-convict who mislead and damages many head and everyone was rejoicing here, later you will be the one shouting european are well organise, I can see spirit of same goodluck flowing on every nigerians through nairaland,someone who stole 2000 naira still in prison suffering and smiling.

American were trying to let nigerians know today decision affect the future, instead of nigerians should rise against corruption, they keep quiet targeting their own small victims too while government are dealing with big victims

Nigeria has come out open to say they were aware of corruption and they are fully in support of it, no wonder those government people keep sponsoring and funding terrorists because public fund can easily be abuse and you likely to end you with "Hand Shake". Jonathan should send presidential apology instead of pardon, the blind leading the blinds
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by njokujeoffrey(m): 11:14am On Mar 18, 2013
this whole issue has brought more woes to dis country but i think its for d good of d country because he(alam) was lost nd nw found......i hope he has changed sha
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 11:14am On Mar 18, 2013
sureteeboy: You just asked who Bill Gates is? He is someone who can feed the whole of nigeria
Err actually he cannot. The Nigerian annual GDP is 400 billion dollars while bill gates is worth about 37 billion if that. Kindly educate yourself before coming here to play happy slave to bill gates you ignorant dunce.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by strangest(m): 11:15am On Mar 18, 2013
The last time Americans threatened us was with the G.a/y issue...they promised that they will stop all grants if we refused to remove G.a/y as a crime... I do not see any connection with Bill Gates grants and the US and Alamieyeseihgas pardon... unless they have some connection like free masons..
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by SEVENTYSEVEN(m): 11:15am On Mar 18, 2013
playboy19:

No, You have to tell your pay master and your ilk to change.
Son,for a change to happen,You have to be the change for others to see. What we need to develop is to change,Let put aside our Ethnic groups,Religion,Sex etc,Let see ourselves as brothers and sister not as enemies.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by econome(m): 11:15am On Mar 18, 2013
Delafruita: you mean he is coming to market his software to a country with one of the highest ranking of piracy in the world?oh my gosh...you're so intelligent.how did you easily decode his motive?

BILL GATE IS NOT COMING TO SELL SOFTWARE.

HOW MANY MANY NIGERIANS GET ORIGINAL Micrsoft PRODUCTS? NO BE COMPUTER VILLAGE WE DEH BUY FAKE COPIES?

PLEASE IF YOU WERE BILL GATE WHAT WILL YOU DO IF UR GOVT SAYS ITS NOT CONDUCIVE TO VISIT NIGERIA?

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by swing4real(m): 11:16am On Mar 18, 2013
In a sane country what President Goodluck Jonathan did would have caused him his political career for life.I understand that he is trying to be loyal to his formal " Oga the top" by returning back a favor for accepting him to be his deputy Governor.But what Jonathan just did was to his own detriment? How can some one with a good state of mind take such action? I strongly believe that Jonathan is just a push over.Why? because real man and leaders don't do such. Jonathan don't you watch other countries politics how the Politician distance even their own family if they engage in any action that would jeopardize their career?

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by k2039: 11:16am On Mar 18, 2013
eggheaders: damn!!!like seriously with the mindsets of most people here Nigeria deserve worst leaders than gej.common people have we lost it in this country to this extent. if your leaders steal you blind it affect America in no way.they still raising to fight for you and some brainless androids here are spewing trash.seriously we need to kill some subhumans in our midst for this country to make headway.

chucky234:
It saddens me to know that 80% of the people out here are as dumb as goofy,so so sad.
[size=13pt] Seriously, I'm ashamed of being a Nigerian. Instead of them calling a spade one, they are defending the action of their dumb president.
[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by talk2s(m): 11:16am On Mar 18, 2013
style$co:

Imagine you asking who is Bill Gates. Till you die you won't acheive 1/100 of what he has acheived.
He sold rubbish OS and made such a name for himself, what can you do?
Better have respect for people who deserve it.
That is ur belief which will inturn be your lot, not another's. Spaek for yourself.
"They are ensnared by the words of thier moutj"
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by stylesco: 11:17am On Mar 18, 2013
Vado:

Man, the guy was being sarcastic for forks sake. Just a sub at those pple he referred to in his first line reason why he went further to call them sycophants. Smh

Noted. I'm sorry for misunderstanding him.

N/b:I'm a lady.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by oluseyeah: 11:17am On Mar 18, 2013
In my words...to give pardon to criminals and ex-convicts isn't out of place BUT the timing was wrong...the depth of corruption in the country is unimaginable @ the moment and on the rise...GEJ should've concentrated more on tackling battling and kicking-out the menace than granting pardon to a "money launderer"...this is just a public display of ROMANCE WITH CORRUPTION.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by born2boink(m): 11:18am On Mar 18, 2013
Bill Gate has shown america unite with one voice, not nigerians with different voices, tribes.....

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 11:19am On Mar 18, 2013
k2039:

[size=13pt] Seriously, I'm ashamed of being a Nigerian. Instead of them calling a spade one, they are defending the action of their dumb president.
[/size]
Please go and settle in Somalia or Sudan. You will not be missed. Those countries are even offering free visa, and they built a statue of bill gates there so you will always have him there to worship. So when are you leaving? Can't wait!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Htown64(m): 11:19am On Mar 18, 2013
strangest: mtschewww no be to market microsoft softwares imm dey come for? this is absolutely nonsense, imagine if we boycott microsoft softwares just because US went to war in Iraq.... Nonsense... mtschewww
mumu... How many nigerians can afford a mac or a crome laptop? For you information he's no longer into business but charity work.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by born2boink(m): 11:20am On Mar 18, 2013
Nigerians still never know say BRT na Molue, 44 sitting,99 standing, suffering N smiling

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by stylesco: 11:21am On Mar 18, 2013
talk2s:
That is ur belief which will inturn be your lot, not another's. Spaek for yourself.
"They are ensnared by the words of thier moutj"

Ignored.
Next..
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by k2039: 11:21am On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: No Truly Charitable person Places a Wager between Saving Lives and Politics. The Charitable Act was Greek's Horse. Henceforth, we should refuse every aid. We do not damn need it, Government should release double that amount into the health sector and complete the Health Village at Abuja for all treatments. What we need is structural mental adjustments, take focus off Mrs America and the West. Lets work with the real world power, China.
[size=13pt]It's better you admit you goofed earlier on, the more you try to show that you are right the more you sound confused.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by naptu2: 11:21am On Mar 18, 2013
Remember this (from February)?

[size=14pt]Obama, Cameron, G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage[/size]

Saturday, 02 February 2013 00:00 From Laolu Akande, News York News - National

NIGERIA’S controversial management of its stupendous oil wealth over the years would form one of the important themes of discussion for G-8 leaders in June, when they meet in Northern Ireland in the United Kingdom, according to diplomatic sources.

Already, the presidency of the summit for this year under United Kingdom is currently reaching out to other G-8 leaders and an international consensus is said to be quietly formed to demand transparency from leaders and governments of developing countries, whose huge resources and wealth are being frittered away.

International donors, including private foundations and agencies, are also concerned about the perception of increasing wealth but decreasing living standards of the people.

For instance, US Billionaire, Bill Gates, in an interview during the week, said, “Nigeria really needs to think that, relative to its level of wealth, it is really far behind...”

The G8 Summit, which holds annually, is a gathering of presidents and prime ministers of the top eight advanced economies of the world — the US, UK, Germany, France, Canada, Italy, Japan and Russia.

The Summit, which normally holds about the mid-year and focuses on global economy and socio-political issues, is presided over in turns by its eight-member-countries.

For 2013, UK holds the presidency and Prime Minister David Cameron is said to be forming the issues the summit should focus on this year.

Sources said before Prime Minister Cameron’s speech last week in Davos, where he made mention of Nigeria’s oil wealth and its management, he had intimated other G-8 leaders of the need for an agenda that brings such issues of financial accountability and transparency to the fore in a country like Nigeria.

A January 2 letter written by the British Prime Minister to all G-8 leaders, including US President Barack Obama, revealed that this year’s summit would stress trade advancement, tax compliance and transparency.

Nigeria’s example is said to be agitating the minds of the G8 leaders, just as there is controversy over the seeming squandering of past oil windfall.

After Cameroon wrote the other G8 leaders hinting on his intent to pursue the issue of transparency aggressively as president of the summit, he then proceeded early last week in Davos to publicly pin-point Nigeria as a case in point, where transparency issues have made some progress but corruption and mismanagement of huge oil wealth still continues to deny the nation’s people of their prosperity.

In a speech that has been so widely and globally received, Cameron said just last year alone “Nigeria oil exports were worth almost a hundred billion dollars. That is more than the total net aid to the whole of sub Saharan Africa. So put simply: unleashing the natural resources in these countries dwarfs anything aid can achieve, and transparency is absolutely critical to that end.”

He went on to say the G8, under his presidency, would be more aggressive on how governments of such countries like Nigeria spend the money from such huge returns, declaring that the western and Japan’s leaders are “going to push for more transparency on who owns companies; on who’s buying up land and for what purpose; on how governments spend their money; on how gas, oil and mining companies operate; and on who is hiding stolen assets and how we recover and return them.

“Like everything else in this G8, the ambitions are big and I make no apology for that.”

According to Cameron, who said he had no apology for his stance, “I want this G8 to lead a big push for transparency across the developing world, and to illustrate why. Let me give you one example. A few years back a transparency initiative exposed a huge hole in Nigeria’s finances, an $800 million discrepancy between what companies were paying and what the government was receiving for oil - a massive, massive gap.

The discovery of this is leading to new regulation of Nigeria’s oil sector so the richness of the earth can actually help to enrich the people of that country.

In fact, diplomats added that Cameron’s aggressive resolve, and his choice of Nigeria as an example, is making the rounds in western capitals and around the world, highlighting the Nigerian condition.

Sources added that Cameron’s speech was further highlighted by former Education Minister, Oby Ezekwesili, who, at a recent Convocation at the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), gave a hint on how over $67 billion of Nigeria’s huge returns from oil sales might have been wasted.

Ezekwesili, who was until mid last year, the Vice President of the World Bank for Africa, is said to have developed a commanding respect among global and African leaders, many of who are listening intently to her voice on the matter.

A source said: “The expected diplomatic buzz being generated in messages from western diplomats from Nigeria to their capitals now over both speeches centering on Nigeria’s perceived waste of its huge oil wealth over the years is not difficult to imagine.”

For instance, a former president in Africa was said to have described Ezekwesili’s statements on the wasting of Nigeria’s financial fortune as a “bomb.”

Even sources said at global agencies like the United Nations, and the World Bank, the perception of Nigeria wasting its oil wealth is not a new proposition, which explains, according to sources, why Cameron’s voice is attracting considerable welcome and acceptance by other western leaders.

Pointing to Cameron’s words about a huge discrepancy when the British Prime Minister said “a few years back a transparency initiative exposed a huge hole in Nigeria’s finances,” a source noted that such long lasting gaps continue to exist even in official data that governments dole out in Nigeria, making them unreliable.

For instance, sources said while Cameron and Ezekwesili stated some figures of revenues raised from oil sales, government spokespersons have only managed to counter with puerile figures, which are tainted by controversies in the past over the true state of the nation’s accounts, especially between the federal government and the NNPC.

In his letter to other G8 leaders, Cameron disclosed even before he specifically listed the Nigerian example, that “we must put a new and practical emphasis on transparency, accountability and open government.

“Too many developing countries are held back by corruption-and this can be reinforced or even encouraged by poor business practice and a lack of transparency from those that trade with them.”

The G8 meeting will be coming up on June 17 and 18 at Lough Erne, Northern Ireland. A statement from the UK Cabinet office said:  “the venue of Lough Erne 2013 was also chosen because it creates the right conditions to encourage open and frank discussions between the G-8 leaders.”

Later on, the G8 presidency would issue invitations to other world leaders, especially from developing countries and it is expected that Nigeria would be invited to this year’s G8 summit, according to sources.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112292:obama-cameron-g8-leaders-to-discuss-nigerias-controversial-oil-wealth-wastage&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by talk2s(m): 11:21am On Mar 18, 2013
maclatunji: This pardon is just the beginning, look out for more embarassing and shocking decisions from GEJ ahead of 2015.

But he hasn't just been sworn-in!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 18, 2013
Going by some of the responses to oyb's comment, I seriously wonder if some people can Read.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Economy- PDP Dropped Facts And Figures Bombshells For APC To Respond - Pics / Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? / Rasheed Ladoja Secretly Refunded N500 Million Of Monies Stolen From Oyo Treasury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.