Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,657 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! (1595 Views)

Have You Experienced Heart-break Before? Let Us Share Your Experience. / Ladies: 4 Insecurities Your Man Has, But Will Never Admit / How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by yemivictor: 10:35am On Mar 27, 2008
It has already been established by scientists & psychologists that we all suffer from one form of insecurity or the other!

I want us to relate this with our current relationships & marriages!!

What is that insecurity you harbour in that relationship or marriage!?

Care to share?
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by bigfather(m): 10:42am On Mar 27, 2008
none !
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by Kashif(m): 10:43am On Mar 27, 2008
I never harboured any insecurity. Dont think I will ever cool cool
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by efuah(f): 10:49am On Mar 27, 2008
yemi, what's urs? undecided
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by Joey82(m): 10:55am On Mar 27, 2008
efuah:

was about asking same question
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by hammers(m): 11:08am On Mar 27, 2008
cheats
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by abawa(m): 11:11am On Mar 27, 2008
na una sabi who go say e no get anything we de wori am?
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by bigfather(m): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2008
abawa:

na una sabi who go say e no get anything we de wori am?

Bros, if you get make you talk ya own ! But as for me?Nothing to fear !
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by yemivictor: 11:26am On Mar 27, 2008
efuah:

Joey82:

was about asking same question

Me!?

I'm actually on my way out to the field right now!!

I'll pick up from where ever you guys leave off!!! grin
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by chukz4real(m): 11:35am On Mar 27, 2008
efuah:

Efuah u do. Say the truth
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by efuah(f): 12:11pm On Mar 27, 2008
I will spank u if u don't go and read ur books. . . what r u doing on adults forum? tongue

Err Chuks dear. . . there's nothing to fear, the man is as plain as diamond. kiss
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by ty4real(m): 12:22pm On Mar 27, 2008
nairaland will soon pack up grin grin grin
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by bebe2007(m): 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2008
I cant pinpoint anything really but mine is just a general fear of the unknown. "What if he doesnt make it" you know we are always advised to stick with our men through thick and thin. Yeah we are going through the thin now, what if he never makes it?
You can only be totally sure of yourself. I know and i believe i will make it, what about him? Well i guess thats why we pray.
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by sistajay(f): 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2008
I feel very secure in my relationship, I dey sleep well, well for night nothing to lose sleep over.
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by pahtahkee: 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2008
Sharing it here does not solve it for me. I rather take it to God in prayers. smiley

In respect to nairaland. . . . . . . . revealing too much of me. embarassed
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2008
And you think NL, is the best place, to share it, you got jokes, grin grin grin
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by yemivictor: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2008
Thanks! grin

Could you just move on please!?

Don't derail the thread @ least!!! cool
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by Busta(f): 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2008
none . . .life is too short to be insecured over nothing
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by yemivictor: 3:17pm On Mar 27, 2008
Busta:

none . . .life is too short to be insecured over nothing

Well . . . don't you have some physical attributes that sort of take its toll on your confidence level!?

Personal insecurities is what i call them!!!

Ditto, bebe2007 & sista-jay! grin
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by yemivictor: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2008
I'll go first!

I tend to have these really big eyeballs, like Segun Arinze's!!

And it really takes it toll on my confidence level!!!

So i wear dark glasses all the time! grin
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by arianne(f): 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2008
@yemi- well, frm the responses u've got, u should know that we also are in denial about one thing or the other.

here's mine but its not really an insecurity issue but it was a cause of concern for me for a very long time. i used to believe or should i say think that i would neva get the kinda love i deserve becos am the d type that gives my all in a relationship but i always wanted that guarantee that my love interest would also be hopeless crazy about me. i always wanted it 50:50 or nothing. but the years have made me wiser and i dnt bother myself anymore cos now i know whether its 50:50, 60:40 or even 90:10, it will always add up to a 100% as long as u complete and complement one another.
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2008
Too personal a topic. tongue
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by almondjoy(f): 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2008
None! Thank God! kiss

Always free!
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by tRoOE(f): 10:21pm On Mar 27, 2008
What a thread, gosh ***walking out of the thread***
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by TOYOSI20(f): 5:19am On Mar 28, 2008
@Topic

Noneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by yemivictor: 8:31am On Mar 28, 2008
arianne:

[b]@yemi- well, frm the responses u've got, u should know that we also are in denial about one thing or the other.[/b]here's mine but its not really an insecurity issue but it was a cause of concern for me for a very long time. i used to believe or should i say think that i would never get the kind of love i deserve because am the d type that gives my all in a relationship but i always wanted that guarantee that my love interest would also be hopeless crazy about me. i always wanted it 50:50 or nothing. but the years have made me wiser and i dnt bother myself anymore because now i know whether its 50:50, 60:40 or even 90:10, it will always add up to a 100% as long as u complete and complement one another.

Yeah arianne!

You're absolutely right!!

From the responses thus far, it is apparent that we are also in denial!!!

Even inspite of my little ruse in order to get people talking! grin

BTW, that 90:10 ratio is criminal, unjust, and unfair to whoever is giving the 90%!!

Such a relationship isn't worth it, really!!! cool
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by yemivictor: 8:33am On Mar 28, 2008
tRoOE:

What a thread, gosh ***walking out of the thread***

LMAO! grin grin grin

I still love you all the same OE!

No matter what!!! cool
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by yemivictor: 8:37am On Mar 28, 2008
stillwater:

Too personal a topic. tongue

Yeah!

I guess so!! undecided

almondjoy:

None! Thank God! kiss

Always free!

Shebi na you!

I trust you na!! grin grin

TOYOSI20:

@Topic

Noneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool

You lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by jkpretty(f): 9:36am On Mar 28, 2008
yemivictor:

I'll go first!

Sorry that is a natural thing that u have to live with for the rest of ur life. Better stay without ur glasses & let people get used to u that way than . . . i see that more as a thing of inferiority complex.

Insecurities are some certain positions life has subjected u to. Which is based prolly by ur own making. And so its something that needs working on, to make a change & hoping for the best.

@topic
I aspire to be rich as in very rich, & mainly to attain my stated goals in life but at times i fear, & the fear is for the unknown.
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by almondjoy(f): 9:39am On Mar 28, 2008
yemivictor:

I'll go first!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Segun Arinze became a Nollywood star with them "okoplor jesuuuuuuuuuuus"!  If you are conscious of any kind of physical or mental defect, you draw more attention to yourself.  I have "PLENTY"! I just choose not to care so I have learned to believe I have none.  Not the best, not the worst.  Life goes on!

Love yourself.

But I will tell you this. . . come to think of it.  I went to an all white school and it took me a while as the only "black" in ma class to understand how and why I was treated differently "sometimes". Dealt with Black Americans, Koreans, Chinese, Indians, Africans. . . more of the same.  So I will say. . .it has nothing to do with ma personal relationships with people.  I can handle that well.  Physical or mental deficiencies?  No problem there since like I said, not the best not the worst.

My definite insecurities I discovered when I left Nigeria.  I am always conscious about falling into the stereotypes of how the world sees me as a black person. Everyday, I wake up with the zeal to accomplish what ever I set out to do without being bogged down by excuses of any particular race, culture, religion or tradition.

So I will have to say. . . the fear of failure!  I can't afford to fail.  My personal goals=happiness.  Proffessional goals=head a research department like one of our brothers just did over here in the united states.  Domestic goals=keeping ma family intact.

And so on and so forth. I agree I do need people to accomplish these tasks. Fine! It is ma responsiblity to choose those that will be instrumental to that "overall success"! Not done badly so far! cool

It all has to do with my purpose in life=to succeed in anything I do! kiss  Not about people, but about issues!

THE AUDACITY OF HOPE. . . . to be all I can be and more! kiss
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by yemivictor: 10:22am On Mar 28, 2008
jkpretty:

Sorry that is a natural thing that u have to live with for the rest of your life. Better stay without your glasses & let people get used to u that way than . . . i see that more as a thing of inferiority complex.

Insecurities are some certain positions life has subjected u to. Which is based prolly by your own making. And so its something that needs working on, to make a change & hoping for the best.

almondjoy:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Segun Arinze became a Nollywood star with them "okoplor jesuuuuuuuuuuus"! If you are conscious of any kind of physical or mental defect, you draw more attention to yourself. I have "PLENTY"! I just choose not to care so I have learned to believe I have none. Not the best, not the worst. Life goes on!

LMAO! grin grin grin

You guys really need to read posts very well o!

I just confessed that the big eyeballs thingy was a ruse to get people to talk & none of you saw it in my previous post!?

Abeg, me i no be Oju Yobo o!

I don't have them Segun Arinze nor Bola Tinubu eyeballs o! grin grin grin
Re: Let Us Share Our Insecurities Here! by yemivictor: 10:28am On Mar 28, 2008
I just realized, courtesy stillwater, that this might just be too personal a thread!

I mean, let's face it!

Who would come on nairaland to confess his or her insecurities!!

Lai! lai!! impossicant!!!

It is true that we all have insecurities, whether you admit it or not!

But closely linked with that is, we are all in denial about them!!! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Fell In Love With A Delta Man / Online Romance Fact Or Myth? / Ladies Do You Really Care Where Your Man Get The Money He Spend On You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.