Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,308 members, 7,829,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (588914 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
Dreammaker: .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by buzritchy: 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hello Canadian peeps and hopeful in d house... I need your advice;
I want to do a course with IATA in Montreal, CA, a short time course. Plz what are my chances of acquiring a visa?
Is there any NL peeps dat av studied with them ?
Urgent advice needed from any1....... God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
greatheights: Medical instructions sealed. Mon, Sep 23, 2013 13:28:03 alhamdulilah.
House whc physician do u advise?

Nyc1 dea....God is involve
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
buzritchy: Hello Canadian peeps and hopeful in d house... I need your advice;
I want to do a course with IATA in Montreal, CA, a short time course. Plz what are my chances of acquiring a visa?
Is there any NL peeps dat av studied with them ?
Urgent advice needed from any1....... God bless

What is the duration of the course?

If less than 6 months, you will need to apply for a TRV just like a visitor, you don't need a study permit for this.
The standard is to have something to fall back on when you return to your country (in the eye of the VO) and in proving this,you need to have social,economic and financial ties in your country.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
greatheights: Medical instructions sealed. Mon, Sep 23, 2013 13:28:03 alhamdulilah.
...My lambton broda...Dis one wey all of una wan leave ChriGo dey go i hope no wahala sha grin....Paper route kilode na....chai!! Dis online route na die...fit give person heartattack jare....congrat bro...i tap from ur E-Blessing.....God is indeed great...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by buzritchy: 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
solomonwis:

What is the duration of the course?

If less than 6 months, you will need to apply for a TRV just like a visitor, you don't need a study permit for this.
The standard is to have something to fall back on when you return to your country (in the eye of the VO) and in proving this,you need to have social,economic and financial ties in your country.

Thanks bro... It's a five days course buh I can still further my training months later for another few days course... Planning to take the course step by step
""" in d eye of the VO""" how wil I prove that am just a serving Corper, gonna be through next month... Which way can I prove social, economic n financial ties at the moment based on the short duration of the course ??
Tnx bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Dreammaker: Guys pls shout HALLELUJAH

I just got my trv today at the Canadian embassy

Submitted via paper route through vfs

Summited 7th July
Medicals 22nd August
Trv 23rd September]

the lady did not tell me which date they were treating as my visa was actually stamped today.
Congrats Lad. Ticketing starts smiley

Maa-Sha Allah brova. You can go to any of the hospital depending on nearness/easy access to location. If you are on Island,go to Asiwaju hospital. On mainland,Yaba area,go to Marien clinic,Sabo,Yaba.
Sharp! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
Siga: ...Seems cos the guy rant too much u don miss the point.... A ni , hin say the agent don kuku ma submit the new start date with a different program... all he can do is to wait oo...
Lol..well explained
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
teexzle:
Lol..well explained
...Aburo ...how far...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaymdee(m): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hello house, my med instructions came with a further request to pay one year tuition and board. I'm willing to stay off the school residence when I hopefully resume. So what's the best approach to this? And does a GTB mastercard process such transactions as international sch fees? I'll appreciate ur response and recommendations. Kudos
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
teexzle:
Lol..well explained
....hey u dey sleep?....wake up frm ya slumber and stop quoting 5-6days talks jare grin....haba....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
buzritchy:

Thanks bro... It's a five days course buh I can still further my training months later for another few days course... Planning to take the course step by step
""" in d eye of the VO""" how wil I prove that am just a serving Corper, gonna be through next month... Which way can I prove social, economic n financial ties at the moment based on the short duration of the course ??
Tnx bro

Applying for a 5 day IATA training isn't impossible(although dicey given the fact that you are a youth corps Member) but you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you will return to the country after the training. Note that your application will be treated as a Visit Visa.

I believe you already have an admission letter from the institution offering the training having paid for the training with proof of payment.
Now you will need to draft a letter of introduction detailing your reason(s) for attending the training and what you stand to benefit given your educational background when you return.

By Social tie - Family/marital status; Economic tie - what investments do you have/does your sponsor have (could be property or business/Assets); Financial tie - What funds are available for this trip and how that will (or not) impact greatly on your sustenance/maintenance when you return.

Now as a serving youth corps member, it is difficult proving the above especially when you don't have a sponsor and even when you prove them, the onus is on you not to present yourself as desperately seeking to travel to Canada without the intention of returning. It is however not impossible.

NOTE : You will be required to pay $85CAD for Biometrics from 23rd October 2013 aside the visa application fee of either $75 or $150 (depending on whether you are applying for single entry or multiple entry visa)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Dreammaker(m): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
Indeed God did the whole tiger fight for me oo.

lol ticketing begins now grin

ChriGo

:

....congrat bro.....did u use ur tiger skills?....u didnt call me to cum assist u na.....I speedily tap from ur fast response blessing bro grin....God is the greatest....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by edunwanegbo: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
Praise thy Lord... Just recieve my medical instruction today. Submitted 28 May.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
edunwanegbo: Praise thy Lord... Just recieve my medical instruction today. Submitted 28 May.
Lotta good news coming in today. We're expecting more. Congrat Man. smiley We look 4ward to hearing TRV news too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
edunwanegbo: Praise thy Lord... Just recieve my medical instruction today. Submitted 28 May.

Congrat....I tap from your success oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by edunwanegbo: 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thanks my bros
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
PlayPays:

Tuition:

International Business Management (One Year)
$16,000 CAD

Journalism (One Year)
$8,250 CAD

Safety Engineering Technology
$12,900 CAD

These aint cheap bro
@ALL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
Dreammaker: Indeed God did the whole tiger fight for me oo.

lol ticketing begins now grin

...dat same God that used tiger skills for the VO go do same for the paper routers too...Congrat again bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by edunwanegbo: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thanks @newacca.
newacca:
Lotta good news coming in today. We're expecting more. Congrat Man. smiley We look 4ward to hearing TRV news too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
kjbobo:
Longtime friend....sent a message to your mobile. ..changed my phone so lost whatsapp contacts. ..
Hope to hear from you soon.
i sent u a mail..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
teexzle:
@ALL
...Teexzle and 5-6days quotes....i hail thee...teexzle d sleeper....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
dommakavelli: where is teexle na... time don they near oooo
am here bro..i will send u a mail very soon..how that area..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
...Congrats bro...i scarily and fearfully tap from ur late response blessing grin...God pass dem...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
mistur_chris: please oh i have applied to MUN since tuesday and they have not sent me any mails yet.....i wonder wat the problem is
wat mail r u expectn...pls wait till afta intl student admision deadlin (jan 15th)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by buzritchy: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
solomonwis:

Applying for a 5 day IATA training isn't impossible(although dicey given the fact that you are a youth corps Member) but you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you will return to the country after the training. Note that your application will be treated as a Visit Visa.

I believe you already have an admission letter from the institution offering the training having paid for the training with proof of payment.
Now you will need to draft a letter of introduction detailing your reason(s) for attending the training and what you stand to benefit given your educational background when you return.

By Social tie - Family/marital status; Economic tie - what investments do you have/does your sponsor have (could be property or business/Assets); Financial tie - What funds are available for this trip and how that will (or not) impact greatly on your sustenance/maintenance when you return.

Now as a serving youth corps member, it is difficult proving the above especially when you don't have a sponsor and even when you prove them, the onus is on you not to present yourself as desperately seeking to travel to Canada without the intention of returning. It is however not impossible.

NOTE : You will be required to pay $85CAD for Biometrics from 23rd October 2013 aside the visa application fee of either $75 or $150 (depending on whether you are applying for single entry or multiple entry visa)

Thanks so much bro.... Am just about paying for the course which comes up by January 2014.. Am just trying to properly and carefully plan myself well before time.
As per social/ marital tie- am single
Economic tie- just planning to start work by next month and save up before my proposed training... So for now no investment but can I make use of any relative's as sponsor ?
Financial tie- aside paying up the course fee and booking for the training... After payment of the above fee u noted above: visa app fee and biometric... What other fee is required and does my sponsor has to have a huge money in his acct

Just wanna plan well... It's just a short course an I will definitely come back because i still need to do more courses in the future.. Though I studied Business mgt buh am keen in leaning about aviation..... Interests in d IATA accounting and finance training... Thx once more bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by buzritchy: 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
solomonwis:

Thanks so much bro.... Am just about paying for the course which comes up by January 2014.. Am just trying to properly and carefully plan myself well before time.
Economic tie- just planning to start work by next month and save up before my proposed training... So for now no investment but can I make use of any relative's as sponsor ?
Financial tie- aside paying up the course fee and booking for the training... After payment of the above fee u noted above: visa app fee and biometric... What other fee is required and does my sponsor has to have a huge money in his acct

Just wanna plan well... It's just a short course and I will definitely come back because i still need to do more courses in the future.. Though I studied Business mgt buh am keen in leaning about aviation..... Interests in d IATA accounting and finance training... Thx once more bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
Siga: ...Aburo ...how far...
i bam sir...hw r u too..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
buzritchy:

Just wanna plan well... It's just a short course an I will definitely come back because i still need to do more courses in the future.. Though I studied Business mgt buh am keen in leaning about aviation..... Interests in d IATA accounting and finance training... Thx once more bro

It is good that you are planning well ahead....You are not married and you have no source of income, you don't have any economic tie, you want to go for a training for just 5 days (which will not impact on a job that is readily and already available)- All of those are negatives which will raise a flag (a red flag!). You need to offset these through a sponsor (who obviously have the economic and financial wherewithal) who must have a good reason for wanting to send you for a 5 day training. Now, you will need to prove beyond doubt what this sponsor will stand to benefit ( this doesn't necessarily have to be material benefits).You also need to prove the relationship between you and this sponsor.

From the above, you need to prove beyond doubt that you intend returning to the country after the training and outline the benefit(s) of the training.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
buzritchy:

Just wanna plan well... It's just a short course and I will definitely come back because i still need to do more courses in the future.. Though I studied Business mgt buh am keen in leaning about aviation..... Interests in d IATA accounting and finance training... Thx once more bro
...Cant take this anymore.... Let me advice u well.... take it or leave it.... go look for a better school and go for PGD or Masters... dont waste ur time and money plus risking a denial on ur app.... All these u have stated wont fly bro.... u still have time to look for a good College to get an admission, then apply online....if and when u reach here...u can leave the school and go do ur so-called IATA thingy.... with all wat u stated... I am sorry ...I will denial u visa if I were the VO.... redflags all over...face reality and do the proper thing... ha ba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
.....Any female Lambton college winter applicants in the house?....please PM me and lets discuss various ways on how to curb winter cold in sernia,ontario.....i heard its crazy....no dulling.....urgent please....tanx....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2013

Congratz bro. I'm next on the line IJN. I connect to your blessing

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.