Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587391 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by klems4real: 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
joseph1013: God! This thread is so overwhelming. You guys are doing such a great job. **doffs hat**

Please guys, I need your help. I want to go do my masters in civil engineering in canada, and then settle down there for work. I have a third class degree though.

Where do I begin please?
Yeah, your journey begins here. You have to do some research and gather the required information yourself. If you had gone through this thread from the beginning you would not be asking this question again because it had already been answered. Anyways, to save you the stress which is not the best for you, go to www.google.com check for colleges in Canada that offer one year or two years diploma Certification in Civil Engineering. Send an email to the admission officer and make your enquiries there, you could be admitted .... I heard of a guy who had a third class back then. So many people thought of his case as being hopeless considering the Nigerian labour market being saturated already with people having First Class and Second Class Honours yet no Job. He didnt give up hope, he applied for an Apprenticeship program in one of the Canadian colleges and got admitted. To cut the long story short. He is now a Canadian, married with kids, working and enjoying his life over there... You can also check for some Apprenticeship Programs in colleges like Algonquin College, Ottawa and other colleges that may catch your fancy.... It is well.

So your time begins now...

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
kayconsult:
Losky4real, you seem very desperate. Anyways if you want my agents # i can give you, but like i told you getting a masters admission is very rigorous, but a postgraduate certificate wil be faster and with that u can bridge into your masters program.
i cantt get a post graduate certificate.i have only one year to spare for the masters program, and wv God's grace getting a scul wnt be difficult for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
losky4real: i cantt get a post graduate certificate.i have only one year to spare for the masters program, and wv God's grace getting a scul wnt be difficult for me
ok. are you in lagos first and where cos my agent is @ opebi Allen?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
kayconsult: ok. are you in lagos first and where cos my agent is @ opebi Allen?
Am not am in abuja.by the way am nt in a haste because am due to leave for next year september by God's grace.just want to start preparing documents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
losky4real: Am not am in abuja.by the way am nt in a haste because am due to leave for next year september by God's grace.just want to start preparing documents
its ok. i feel for proximity reasons, is better you ask others online who stay in Abuja and the agent they used, cos those agents can be pretty crazy and you will need to give them close monitoring. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
adewaleafolabi: I did my medicals @consultants practice. How do i track whether my medical results have been sent. Do I have to visit CDHC ? Or can it be done online ?
PLEASE SOME GOOD NIARALANDER, GIVE AN ANSWER TO ADEWALEAFOLABI ...[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
kayconsult: its ok. i feel for proximity reasons, is better you ask others online who stay in Abuja and the agent they used, cos those agents can be pretty crazy and you will need to give them close monitoring. smiley
thamks dear.am not in a haste though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
losky4real: thamks dear.am not in a haste though
Ur welcome.I got your pm that you wanted to send me a mail, will be expecting it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by clusterphobia: 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
Olufemi14 what's your stats?
When did you submit, when and where did you do your meds and when did you get your trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kittysunshine: 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
losky4real: i cantt get a post graduate certificate.i have only one year to spare for the masters program, and wv God's grace getting a scul wnt be difficult for me
@ Losky4real u need to relax, u can save all the anxiety for later not now. U ve a good CGPA, getting a masters admission is not a big deal and if u opt for PGD too u ve a good standing as well. Get started, no dulling. U can D̶̲̥̅̊☺ it urself. Na God sure pass. I packaged my application myself and got medical b4 someone who used maple. We submitted same time. Get proper information , be truthful and if its ur time its ur time.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidiadi50: 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
pls how long will it take before Canada calls one for medicals.i applied for study visa on the 19th of July up till now i have not gotten any response from them.Am worried pls can someone help me out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
chidiadi50: pls how long will it take before Canada calls one for medicals.i applied for study visa on the 19th of July up till now i have not gotten any response from them.Am worried pls can someone help me out
..when is ur start date?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)

1) Olabo_key JUNE 21 Paper route
2) Rilly2000 JULY 8 Paper route
3) Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
4) Huzzie JULY 16 Paper route
5) Onye oma JULY 17 Paper route
6) Chidiadi50 JULY 19 Paper route
7) Rolatims JULY 28 Paper route
8 ) Tkay11 JULY 29 Paper route
9 ) Chrigo JULY 30 Paper route
10) Papa km JULY 31 Paper route
11) IJESA83 AUGUST 13 Paper route
12) Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
13) Ahmedonia4real AUGUST 19 Paper route
14) Habie AUGUST 21 Paper route
15) Tolyem AUGUST 23 Paper route
16) Miss bon AUGUST 25 Paper route
17) Sleek5 AUGUST 27 Paper route
18) Humanshado AUGUST 31 Online route
19) Clow SEPTEMBER 3 Paper route
20) Mike SEPTEMBER 6 Online route
21) Greatheights SEPTEMBER 8 online route
22) Equilibrium SEPTEMBER 9 Paper route
23) Kunsoft SEPTEMBER 18 Online route
24) Xtus SEPTEMBER 24 Online route
25) Nicemax OCTOBER 1 Online route
26) Anabor OCTOBER 2 Online route
27) Glan OCTOBER 2 Online route

God Aint Sleeping grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidiadi50: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
i submitted 19th july and school start date is 6th of january
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
chidiadi50: i submitted 19th july and school start date is 6th of january
...Bro we are all waiting response too...the list above is evidence...i will add ur name to it.....those that submited online as u can see on the list have gotten response frm cdhc..except those that submited recently....online takes 2 - 3weeks....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidiadi50: 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
pls can i get ur number for contact pls,so those that are concelled are those that have been called
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidiadi50: 10:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
pls is it true that after medicals if u pass,u will be asked to pay full year tuition fee and accommodation?if not they will deny d visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by habie(f): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
chidiadi50: i submitted 19th july and school start date is 6th of january
Pls which school did you apply to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidiadi50: 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
centennial college and u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by joseph1013: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
ChriGo: ....Na wa oo if the ogas in the house no dey quick answer questions na on a looping level oo....bro start from a college...its really gona be battle securing a masters degree space with a third class....a postgraduate diploma 1st then later in future u can proceed with masters degree if u wish...scrutinize dis link and go tru wat all the colleges offers in terms of cost and location www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Thanks bro for the reply. Please, can I get a good job over there after doing the post graduate diploma?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidiadi50: 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
can i get ur contact to know of any up date.pls will they ask one to pay for full year tuition fee and accommodation after medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by joseph1013: 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
klems4real:
Yeah, your journey begins here. You have to do some research and gather the required information yourself. If you had gone through this thread from the beginning you would not be asking this question again because it had already been answered. Anyways, to save you the stress which is not the best for you, go to www.google.com check for colleges in Canada that offer one year or two years diploma Certification in Civil Engineering. Send an email to the admission officer and make your enquiries there, you could be admitted .... I heard of a guy who had a third class back then. So many people thought of his case as being hopeless considering the Nigerian labour market being saturated already with people having First Class and Second Class Honours yet no Job. He didnt give up hope, he applied for an Apprenticeship program in one of the Canadian colleges and got admitted. To cut the long story short. He is now a Canadian, married with kids, working and enjoying his life over there... You can also check for some Apprenticeship Programs in colleges like Algonquin College, Ottawa and other colleges that may catch your fancy.... It is well.

So your time begins now...

I appreciate your love brother. Yes, my time starts now!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
chidiadi50: pls is it true that after medicals if u pass,u will be asked to pay full year tuition fee and accommodation?if not they will deny d visa
...U got the wrong info....its all a dicey situation...they might tell u to pay and they might not....decision is solely based on the visa officer.....if asked to pay, they give u a deadline to pay...failure to do so might result to yawa bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:28am On Oct 07, 2013
joseph1013:

Thanks bro for the reply. Please, can I get a good job over there after doing the post graduate diploma?
....Bro better jobs dey after PGD....if u don dey chop ur money its now gonna be left to u if u wish to go for masters or not.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by radical05: 12:40am On Oct 07, 2013
hello house, please help a friend....A friend of mine is 28 years old, has high school diploma(WAEC 2003)and a computer science college diploma in lagos city college nigeria and since then haven't been able to proceed to higher institution. Now is the problem.....He applied once to the Canada embassy for study permit in year 2012 to study electrical engineering and he was denied based on the fflg reasons(Sponsor isn't credible(because he used his employer), you will not return to Nigeria after your study in Canada, and insufficient available funds.
Fast forward to this time, he plans to apply again for study permit but this time hoping to self-sponsor with about 5m in his account.
Now these are the questions
1) He has worked in 3 companies till date, first was as a technical director(7years) and second/third has a security coordinator/supervisor respectively(Till date), now the thing is he is able to cover for the gap of study because he bas been working but the problem is can he applied to study "Applied Disaster and Emergency studies"? or is "Computer science" better, would the VO say his work experience isn't related to choice of study? or is it related? and would the previous choice of Elect Engr raised an eyebrow as to why he was to change to another field again?
2)Now that he wants to sponsor himself, what and what are required of him to present as self-sponsor...pls note that he doesn't have a salary account because they don't pay their wages into an account. His plan is to start running the account from oct-march 2014 against sept 2014 admission so he can apply in april for study permit at the embassy and also get a 6 month statement of account in march next year. please how would you advice him to deposit in his savings account(because I read in one of the thread that the money in the account must show source of income) in order to meet up the Canadian embassy standard?
3)He is into car business(though not registered), some cars were bought in his name, can he include such documents to his application(to show part of his source of income)? and hope the VO will not think that he wont come back to nig because of the car business?

Too much questions right' but please I will be very grateful if you can answer all of the concerns stated here. God bless you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 2:09am On Oct 07, 2013
Woow! this thread has really moved fast. Keep up the good work guys.

I met a whole lot of course work to catch up on cos I resumed 3weeks after lectures had started, coupled with some accommodation ish. Settling down little by little sha.

I wish medicals hopefuls medical call-ups and TRV awaitees success.

For those just applying, Alberta is very bright and Edmonton is great with opportunities... PPle no too dey this town like that, so U may want to look in this direction when searching for schools.

And wait o, Chrigo U never chop medicals? U don over-due guy. God go do am for U, no doubts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidiadi50: 7:51am On Oct 07, 2013
pls will the Embassy require one to pay the full tuition fee and accommodation before giving the person the visa?pls i need response.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 8:06am On Oct 07, 2013
chidiadi50: pls will the Embassy require one to pay the full tuition fee and accommodation before giving the person the visa?pls i need response.Thanks

My dear, na luck be all....... Sometimes they do ask some to pay full tuition fee and board when they are called for medicals, while sometimes they don't ask few others to. Just submit ur app, gather ur down in case u been ask to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:08am On Oct 07, 2013
deebla: Woow! this thread has really moved fast. Keep up the good work guys.

I met a whole lot of course work to catch up on cos I resumed 3weeks after lectures had started, coupled with some accommodation ish. Settling down little by little sha.

I wish medicals hopefuls medical call-ups and TRV awaitees success.

For those just applying, Alberta is very bright and Edmonton is great with opportunities... PPle no too dey this town like that, so U may want to look in this direction when searching for schools.

And wait o, Chrigo U never chop medicals? U don over-due guy. God go do am for U, no doubts
....Deebla my man....longest time on this forum....good to have u on ground....i say a big amen to ur prayer...cdhc just dey form jetli grin....tanx alot bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 8:41am On Oct 07, 2013
Chrigo & Rolatims Goes To Canada! #Someone should decode Please grin O'happy day!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:46am On Oct 07, 2013
....GLORY BE TO THE FATHER,THE SON,THE HOLY SPIRIT....My medical instructions just dropped this morning my people....Am so very too happy right now mehn!!....as i dey type now am not thinking straight...i just wana burst the news...the real typo will come in soon cuz i really need to appreciate some people grin......

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.