Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586862 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
I greet all in d house, I landed in Canada last nit (26 April ) D journey was very smooth, thanks to God and KLM (KLM b wan spoil me wit food) @oga siga na so ebi? I Neva chop better food since I com oooo na only hotdog. Well d ppl are nice n d place is all beautiful. Am trying to settle in. I wish all TRv n medically awaitees success. We shall all meet here in canny. My luv to all

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hydiciousb: 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
iwinosajack :
I greet all in d house, I landed in Canada last nit (26 April ) D journey was very smooth, thanks to God and KLM (KLM b wan spoil me wit food) @oga siga na so ebi? I Neva chop better food since I com oooo na only hotdog. Well d ppl are nice n d place is all beautiful. Am trying to settle in. I wish all TRv n medically awaitees success. We shall all meet here in canny. My luv to all

oh cool...i'm happy for you...naso we go celebrate my own too IJN.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2013
iwinosajack :
...where are u in Canada bro...better food dey now....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by imadebaby: 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2013
teexzle: Hehehe 3 jobs only u..wen some of us neva get 1 4 nigeria..God bless our country..#grin
@ Teez na sooooo make God bless our country .....even half some pole Neva get
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:26pm On Apr 27, 2013
imadebaby:
@ Teez na sooooo make God bless our country .....even half some pole Neva get
.....my Sista...no be say me sef like to do 3jobs now....lol...just gat somethings to take care of ni...once i clear them...trust me...im back to one job....i no wan die...plus...i stopped clubbing and drinking...so...i rather keep myself busy....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ichommy(m): 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
hydiciousb:

oh cool...i'm happy for you...naso we go celebrate my own too IJN.

ID, nah Canada sure pass now, I wish U success.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hydiciousb: 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
xtus:

Bros one step @ a time......
1) No you can't make step admission now but u can apply now for winter 2014 and start gathering your docx.

2) You will need to take ur waec result to waec office and lay a complain there, I guess they are best in line to help you.

3) Depending on what ur sponsor is doing. If he dey work, u need reference letter from he place of work, affidavit of support, sponsorship letter, payslip. BUT if he get he own business u go need add tax clearance and CAC cert to d list mention above.

Goodluck

thanks bro...really appreciate ur reply....but my mama na trader...she runs her biz does that mean she must register her biz b4 i can use her bankstatement....i'm getting confused bro pls shed more light. Thanks sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Tinasunday: 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
@siga, good evening please I will like to seek your advice. I am a graduate of computer science finished with (2:1) I also finished my national diploma (ND) with an upper credit which I am presently working with in a bank. I started the work over a year ago while I was waiting for NYSC and I am presently serving now and still working d bank. I will be 27 by August of this year.

I am planning on applying for an immigrant visa to Canada, please I will like to know the documents I need and how to go about it. Please your advice and assistance will be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 1:37am On Apr 28, 2013
hydiciousb:

thanks bro...really appreciate ur reply....but my mama na trader...she runs her biz does that mean she must register her biz b4 i can use her bankstatement....i'm getting confused bro pls shed more light. Thanks sad

What kind of business is ur mum into?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 1:38am On Apr 28, 2013
[quote author=Siga]...where are u in Canada bro...better food dey now....[/quote
Oga siga I dey for Kamloops near Vancouver for BC. Na TRU I dey attend
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 4:37am On Apr 28, 2013
please does this public holiday affects cdhc?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:45am On Apr 28, 2013
Tinasunday: @siga, good evening please I will like to seek your advice. I am a graduate of computer science finished with (2:1) I also finished my national diploma (ND) with an upper credit which I am presently working with in a bank. I started the work over a year ago while I was waiting for NYSC and I am presently serving now and still working d bank. I will be 27 by August of this year.

I am planning on applying for an immigrant visa to Canada, please I will like to know the documents I need and how to go about it. Please your advice and assistance will be highly appreciated.
.....try this link below...check if u are qualified...then go from there

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:45am On Apr 28, 2013
@iwinosajack....The one long thing bro...I dont even know anyone for that side...sorry oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hydiciousb: 7:53am On Apr 28, 2013
xtus:

What kind of business is ur mum into?
she is a trader...say stationary and other student accesories.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2013
hydiciousb:
she is a trader...say stationary and other student accesories.

Well she really don't need to register her business since she will be sponsoring you with her personal account.

All you need do is to show source of income when u arranging ur docx. U can use pictures of her biz, invoice receipt, and landed property to add with the bank statement she is gonna give u.

Hope u get d gist
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hydiciousb: 9:00am On Apr 28, 2013
xtus:

Well she really don't need to register her business since she will be sponsoring you with her personal account.

All you need do is to show source of income when u arranging ur docx. U can use pictures of her biz, invoice receipt, and landed property to add with the bank statement she is gonna give u.

Hope u get d gist
yea...got it bro. I really appreciate ur concern.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:16am On Apr 28, 2013
@ siga, phemmy et all.
Pls advice on dis.
I have a receipt of the transfer made by my sponsor into my account. Which i've attached to my sponsor's docx. I have my name n my sponsor's on d receipt.
D fund was for my full tuition which has bin paid..
Do you think i should write a note under the receipt stating wot brought abt d receipt or make i just attach am like that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2013
iwinosajack :

Congrats ooo.
Am so happy 4 u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
emmausa: Abeg @ chain, is the online method the best for visa application? I heard the pay more attention to online mail than thru vacs or clds. Pls how true is dis, and what is the best way to snd visa application?.....thanks fr ur reply

Yeh according to the yans from everyone and according to another nairalander, the guy submitted in feb and got a call for med April 9th or so. But I'm not sure abt the particular date in feb he submitted it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2013
dommakavelli: @ siga, phemmy et all.
Pls advice on dis.
I have a receipt of the transfer made by my sponsor into my account. Which i've attached to my sponsor's docx. I have my name n my sponsor's on d receipt.
D fund was for my full tuition which has bin paid..
Do you think i should write a note under the receipt stating wot brought abt d receipt or make i just attach am like that.

....it does not hurt writing a short note on it.....makes life easy for the VO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by imadebaby: 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2013
Siga: ....it does not hurt writing a short note on it.....makes life easy for the VO

Bros me i see uuuu and i throway salute. how wknd and how family
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
imadebaby:

Bros me i see uuuu and i throway salute. how wknd and how family
imadebaby...I sight u oooo....family and myself dey sexy as ever ....watz up mama....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
Hello All,
I want to ask about the following :
1. Letter of Intent - Having gone through the cic website, i didn't come across this as a basic requirement. I might have missed it. Please is it mandatory or just to reinforce the submission.

2. Sponsor's letter of reference from his employer : I already have his appointment letters, and bank payslip etc. Do i need a reference again + what would be the content of the letter

3.Letter of SPonsorship vs Affidavit of Support : I already have the letter of sponsorship, do i still need the affidavit Are both required??

4.Questionnaire : pls do i dwnload this and fill manually. Didn't see it in the main cic website. but in the Nigerian cic page.

Awaiting your responses. Happy Sunday my people.

One Love.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by emmausa: 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
2-chains:

Yeh according to the yans from everyone and according to another nairalander, the guy submitted in feb and got a call for med April 9th or so. But I'm not sure abt the particular date in feb he submitted it.
Abeg @chain send me ur contact phone number, i can give u a call pls, if u no wanna write it here pls mail it to me. Thanks and Goodluck!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
2-chains:

@2-chains: bro pls i am already on the online app system. Pls there was a checklist code given in the beginning which was to be used to apply > pls does it means u scanned all the other documents that weren't in the check list like (letter of intent etc) The checklist looks pretty straight forward to me compared to the lists i have seen here.

kindly reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 3:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
Nuendo: Hello All,
I want to ask about the following :
1. Letter of Intent - Having gone through the cic website, i didn't come across this as a basic requirement. I might have missed it. Please is it mandatory or just to reinforce the submission.

2. Sponsor's letter of reference from his employer : I already have his appointment letters, and bank payslip etc. Do i need a reference again + what would be the content of the letter

3.Letter of SPonsorship vs Affidavit of Support : I already have the letter of sponsorship, do i still need the affidavit Are both required??

4.Questionnaire : pls do i dwnload this and fill manually. Didn't see it in the main cic website. but in the Nigerian cic page.

Awaiting your responses. Happy Sunday my people.

One Love.
Let me reply few of ur questns according to my experience.
1) Letter of Intent: during the time I applied,it Wasn't compulsory,but may be necessary to support ur application,but I think recently,it is included as basix req.(Not 2 sure abt this oo)
2) Reference Letter from sponsor's employer: It won't be harmful if u include it especially if it is stated amg req.dox. Content may include: date ur spons.started d job,his/er position,salary(correspondin wit d payslip) and total remark on his xter @work
3) Affidavit of sponsorship: Pls.dis affidavit carries weight oo.cdhc honours only d one dat is prepared by a notary public. The notary public lawyers av it 4mat. But list out d highlighted content as cdhc listed it.I'm not sure if u need any letter of sponsorship if u av affidavit of support bt if u av LOS without aff.of support,things may go wrong. U shld b able to grab my point now.
4.Questionnaire: Na cic 9ja website concern u mostly ooo. U for see d qstnaire dia na. If u see am there,then fill am jejely n correct,then submit am. Shikena.
I wish u best of luck.
Ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by coldgate(f): 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
Hello House, does anyone knpw the link to the letter of authorisation for famiy member? I have searched the CIC web pages without success.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
Proof of Means of Financial Support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members accompanying you while you are in Canada by providing as many of the following documents:

your bank statements for the past four months
a bank draft in convertible currency
pay stubs
an employment letter
proof of assets or business
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
tax reports, declarations or statements
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

this is the list from the website for financial support
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
[/b]Hello house a friend of mine had toefl ibt and his scores was low cos it was Internet base and I was helping him to get admitted in my school here in Europe but my school admission officers said they can't admite him with that score which is 59 please anyone who knows any school that admit student with tht score both Europe,USA or Canada. Thanks[b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
if you ever been refused a canadian visa.. and u really wanna know why you been refused.. pls apply for caips.. i just got my result for caips today.. and im amazed from what i found.. it explains everything that was going thru the V.O's mind the moment he/she touch/touched your application... what the v.o thinks of your application and what his/her personal ''say'' about it...

here is what i found out...

Dear Sirs

Thank you very much for your recent file request - we have now received your GCMS notes from CIC and I enclose a copy for you in Adobe pdf format.

I am very sorry to see that your application for a study permit was refused. I am afraid that we are seeing a very large number of study permit (and other temporary visa) applications refused, mostly for one or more reasons that we cited see over and over again:
- studies completely unrelated to an applicant's educational/employment history
- where an applicant has applied to do a course similar to one that they have already completed
- where a similar course would be considerably cheaper to study nearer to home
- the ability of an applicant to actually complete a course of study (usually in this case they would cite evidence of poor marks from earlier educational courses)
- the bona fides of the applicant's intentions (whether it appears the applicant is using the study permit as a means to enter Canada with no intention of completing the course of study)
- whether the applicant has sufficient funds to support themselves in Canada and/or the source of such funds
- where an applicant appears to have strong ties to Canada and/or weak ties to their home country

It is important to understand these in context - since Canada tightened up its permanent residency visa requirements in 2008, temporary visas have become the only way for many people to enter Canada. As such, CIC have become extra vigilant in ensuring anyone issued a temporary visa is actually intending to come to Canada temporarily, and not using their visa as a way of entering the country with no intention of leaving.

You will find the visa officers' notes on your case on pages 12-13 of the file. It seems that CIC's primary concerns are "not clear why he would want to attend school in Canada instead of USA.... do not find studies reasonable under these circumstances..."

Unfortunately, the notes on your case are particularly short and unhelpful, but reading between the lines you can infer that CIC are worried about your lack of family or any other ties at home (family, property, job, car, financial resources etc. etc.) that would act as an incentive to leave once your course is completed.

If you wish to reapply successfully, I am afraid that you would bear these factors in mind when preparing your new application.

best wishes

Trish Bridson, CAIPS FileCheck

Now i know what to work on when i apply again...

P.S Congrats to everyone that have got their visa.. and goodluck to those applying... xxxx

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
Nuendo:

@2-chains: bro pls i am already on the online app system. Pls there was a checklist code given in the beginning which was to be used to apply > pls does it means u scanned all the other documents that weren't in the check list like (letter of intent etc) The checklist looks pretty straight forward to me compared to the lists i have seen here.

kindly reply

Yeh, just follow the checklist, any other thing they need they would request it from u. I scanned all my documents no worries. But still try and get them police cert and all dat, kip them with you in case they are requested for in the future.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
Goldie20: if you ever been refused a canadian visa.. and u really wanna know why you been refused.. pls apply for caips.. i just got my result for caips today.. and im amazed from what i found.. it explains everything that was going thru the V.O's mind the moment he/she touch/touched your application... what the v.o thinks of your application and what his/her personal ''say'' about it...

here is what i found out...

Dear Sirs

Thank you very much for your recent file request - we have now received your GCMS notes from CIC and I enclose a copy for you in Adobe pdf format.

I am very sorry to see that your application for a study permit was refused. I am afraid that we are seeing a very large number of study permit (and other temporary visa) applications refused, mostly for one or more reasons that we cited see over and over again:
- studies completely unrelated to an applicant's educational/employment history
- where an applicant has applied to do a course similar to one that they have already completed
- where a similar course would be considerably cheaper to study nearer to home
- the ability of an applicant to actually complete a course of study (usually in this case they would cite evidence of poor marks from earlier educational courses)
- the bona fides of the applicant's intentions (whether it appears the applicant is using the study permit as a means to enter Canada with no intention of completing the course of study)
- whether the applicant has sufficient funds to support themselves in Canada and/or the source of such funds
- where an applicant appears to have strong ties to Canada and/or weak ties to their home country

It is important to understand these in context - since Canada tightened up its permanent residency visa requirements in 2008, temporary visas have become the only way for many people to enter Canada. As such, CIC have become extra vigilant in ensuring anyone issued a temporary visa is actually intending to come to Canada temporarily, and not using their visa as a way of entering the country with no intention of leaving.

You will find the visa officers' notes on your case on pages 12-13 of the file. It seems that CIC's primary concerns are "not clear why he would want to attend school in Canada instead of USA.... do not find studies reasonable under these circumstances..."

Unfortunately, the notes on your case are particularly short and unhelpful, but reading between the lines you can infer that CIC are worried about your lack of family or any other ties at home (family, property, job, car, financial resources etc. etc.) that would act as an incentive to leave once your course is completed.

If you wish to reapply successfully, I am afraid that you would bear these factors in mind when preparing your new application.

best wishes

Trish Bridson, CAIPS FileCheck

Now i know what to work on when i apply again...

P.S Congrats to everyone that have got their visa.. and goodluck to those applying... xxxx

this is very useful, if i may kindly add that it would be even more useful if u tell us the documentation which u used. Acct statements etc. What course did you study ? and what school. This would be very valuable info.

Thanks once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.