Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488006 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2013
Datty85: My I-20 says family funds and I have a statement from a company which happens to be a family company and I own 15% of it. Will it be accepted at the embassy?

NO. so far the statement is in the company name is not accepted. you can use ur dad current or savings account if there is a lot of activities on it. then transfer the money from company to it bit by bit before your interview date.

abi? House
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kunsoft:

NO. so far the statement is in the company name is not accepted. you can use ur dad current or savings account if there is a lot of activities on it. then transfer the money from company to it bit by bit before your interview date.

abi? House

@Kunsoft, I'm not sure of that. Company's Bank statement is acceptable. I have seen some peeps in previous threads on nairaland getting their visa wth company's Bank statement.

You just have to prove your case well, and get a letter of sponsorship from the company sponsoring you, then u r good to Go!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2013
mr swagger:

@Kunsoft, I'm not sure of that. Company's Bank statement is acceptable. I have seen some peeps in previous threads on nairaland getting their visa wth company's Bank statement.

You just have to prove your case well, and get a letter of sponsorship from the company sponsoring you, then u r good to Go!!!!!!

The bone of contention is not whether using a company statement will deny or grant you the visa. Sure, using a company statement does but only if it tallies with what's on your I-20. The issue of discussion here is if someone who has 'family funds' clearly written on his I-20 and goes with a company statement get granted despite the inconsistency?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 1:50pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ibkgboco just did NL proud...HE GOT IT!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
mr swagger:

@swagger read his question very well. 1-20 state Family Fund. he has company statement.
i think say problem with the last interview posted. The guy went with company statement while the 1-20 state family fund.
i did not say you can not use company as ur sponsor But if your i-20 state family fund as sponsor is better to get a statement in family name not company.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
bigfrancis21:

The bone of contention is not whether using a company statement will deny or grant you the visa. Sure, using a company statement does but only if it tallies with what's on your I-20. The issue of discussion here is if someone who has 'family funds' clearly written on his I-20 and goes with a company statement get granted despite the inconsistency?

@Bigfrancis, Thnx a lot, I understand nw.

Nairaland is making me learn new things alot. What you just said about inconsistency on i-20 is very important.

I think what I will do is that before my school sends my i-20 package to me, I will have them scan it to me first to check for any inconsistency.

I just hope they accept to scan it to me.

Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ibkgbocco: 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
Visa approved...a minute interview...No big deal..Na God oooooooooooooooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Well, i will say NO. look at the bolded below.

De Tus(m): 1:43am On Jun 04
VO: Are u married? Me: No but i have a gf. She's outside waiting 4 me. VO: Ok gud. Wat does she do 4 a living? Me: she's a student. VO: wat does she study? Me: Mathematics. VO: Ok gud. Do u have kids? Me: No Sir, i'm not yet married. VO: But some do hv kids even b4 getting married. Me: my upbring is gud. I can't do such a thing. VO: So ur fiance is waiting 4 ur outside now? Me: Sir she's nt my fiance. She's just my gurlfriend. VO: He held on to my passport. Me: i was saying on mind, thnk God. He's approving my visa. He said i am intelligent and truthful. VO: Suddenly he started looking at my I20. Said, young man, ur I20 is family funds nt company's funds. Me: i said no no no. Check it it's company n nt family funds. VO: plz see it again, there's nothing i could do, maybe u contact d sch. Me: This is really nt ok. The documents i sent 2 d sch was company's nt family. VO: there's nothing i could do. Can't approve ur visa like dis. Pls contact ur sch. VO: we've really spent a lot of time. Over 15 mins. Me: ok sir. i was really devastated but remained cool-headed. The security said to me, oga, u hv really used a lot of time. I said why can't u allow me use d toilet in a high tone. I went 2 d toilet n removed a lot of gas hahaha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
ibkgbocco: Visa approved...a minute interview...No big deal..Na God oooooooooooooooooo

Congratulation to you brother/sister.
i'm seriously happy for you. Can't wait to read your interview. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kunsoft:

@swagger read his question very well. 1-20 state Family Fund. he has company statement.
i think say problem with the last interview posted. The guy went with company statement while the 1-20 state family fund.
i did not say you can not use company as ur sponsor But if your i-20 state family fund as sponsor is better to get a statement in family name not company.
Thanks

@Kunsoft, Sorry for the Misunderstanding. I get you now. You are 100% right. I will take reference of what you stated above to regarding my i-20 package as well.

I'm yet to receive my i-20 package from my school.
I will check for inconsistency before picking It up.

I'm happy I'm here on nairaland, I keep learning alot here, all thanks to you guys....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
ibkgbocco: Visa approved...a minute interview...No big deal..Na God oooooooooooooooooo

Congrats!!! Can you share with us the details.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2013

congrats, i prophesied dis morning.. God is great
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
hope4me2012:

You can only hold your booking with emirates for 3days without buying tickets according to teir website. so except his interview is in 3days time, buying ticket after interview may not be feasible.
That's if u r purchasing from dia website direct..if u go tru an agent, it takes longer, even as long as 2weeks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ibkgbocco: 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
No real details..she jst asked d following questions;
Where are you going in USA?University of Florida
What is Ūя̲̅ occupation?.. I lecture in a federal university
I can see you are on full fund..Yes
Approved..se finir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
ibkgbocco: No real details..she jst asked d following questions;
Approved..se finir
Great job...congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
Approved..se finir

Congrats!!! I was happy when I saw u got it. Full funding is never really an issue but most importantly God's favour spoke for u I mean 1 min?! And it shall speak for all of us that are going for ours soon. Safe trip!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
smartguy1759: @ibkgboco just did NL proud...HE GOT IT!!!

Thank God!!! Congratulations...
Myself and others whose interview is coming up soon are next in line; we will all share our success stories soon....by God's Grace..Amen!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
Approved..se finir

This must be GOD in action. can you tell us more about the VOs behaviours? are they all friendly? The one that interview you in no thought is GOD sent. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
hey guys i'm currently scheduling an appointment..i don't want to rush anything but is there any direct flight to houston?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2013
odowetalu: hey guys i'm currently scheduling an appointment..i don't want to rush anything but is there any direct flight to houston?
I think United and Delta fly directly to IAH(Houston)...but you could check Emirates if you don't mind Dubai layover it should be cheaper.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
teejay_GO01:

Congrats!!! I was happy when I saw u got it. Full funding is never really an issue but most importantly God's favour spoke for u I mean 1 min?! And it shall speak for all of us that are going for ours soon. Safe trip!

what is full funding ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
Amefrica:

what is full funding ?
Means you get a tuition waiver from your school and stipends for living expenses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tonymeskere(m): 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
I got my I20 yesterday to a community college for a four years programmee, I read through this trnd and I discovered that peoples opinion and views about visa guarantee through college I 20 is very slim. What is my chance of getting Visa? pls I need your brotherly advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
tonymeskere: I got my I20 yesterday to a community college for a four years programmee, I read through this trnd and I discovered that peoples opinion and views about visa guarantee through college I 20 is very slim. What is my chance of getting Visa? pls I need your brotherly advice.

You've already answered your own question.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
@Tonymeskere, you seem to act like a potential immigrant. Your dreams will go in tatters if you present community college. The probability of getting the visa is less than 0.5 or better still 1/2. Do not waste your time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ibkgbocco: 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
I A̶̲̥̅♏ now in d position of an adviser on dis thread...believe me, d favour of God dat worked 4 me will work 4 odas going 4 interviews dis year

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
ibkgbocco: I A̶̲̥̅♏ now in d position of an adviser on dis thread...believe me, d favour of God dat worked 4 me will work 4 odas going 4 interviews dis year
Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Absolutely. I'm so glad you made it! Lets just keep the ball rolling here!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentino81(m): 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
Pls, nlders, anybody who has opinion on university of akron. I'm applying for graduate studies in ms accounting. What are the school prospects? The schl is located in ohio.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
ibkgbocco: I A̶̲̥̅♏ now in d position of an adviser on dis thread...believe me, d favour of God dat worked 4 me
will work 4 odas going 4 interviews dis year

Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2013
ibkgbocco: I A̶̲̥̅♏ now in d position of an adviser on dis thread...believe me, d favour of God dat worked 4 me will work 4 odas going 4 interviews dis year

Amin Jesu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
tonymeskere: I got my I20 yesterday to a community college for a four years programmee, I read through this trnd and I discovered that peoples opinion and views about visa guarantee through college I 20 is very slim. What is my chance of getting Visa? pls I need your brotherly advice.

Did u just start reading this thread today, or you've been reading it during ur admission process?

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.