Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,956 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488021 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
Hey guys.....I tried booking an appointment and I was told that there are no dates available...refreshed it a couple of times and then got the usual daily limit stuff. Please advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
tonymeskere: I got my I20 yesterday to a community college for a four years programmee, I read through this trnd and I discovered that peoples opinion and views about visa guarantee through college I 20 is very slim. What is my chance of getting Visa? pls I need your brotherly advice.

Don't give up! what i'll say is, if you know any prayer mountain pls rent a bq there and start a prayer and fasting prog. Never say never, it's GOD FAVOUR.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
Amefrica: I think im gonna back out.. My school fee seems expensive to my dad.. 20000dollars, he's sayin apart 4rm d money 4 processin.. He cant afford d skul fee m fed up.. I wanted to register 4 toefl today...)::/

Must you go to an expensive school? Get your admission into the school then work on a transfer into a far cheaper school such as a community college when you get into the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
fittty:

Must you go to an expensive school? Get your admission into the school then work on a transfer into a far cheaper school such as a community college when you get into the US

Oh! Thanks boss, i will.. Now ready to do toefl.. This trend is like a family stuff plus can i present worked out by a staff in d bank showing my father sufficient funds..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ ibkgbocco congrats bro, no NL member will be denied again IJN. Amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
Amefrica:

Oh! Thanks boss, i will.. Now ready to do toefl.. This trend is like a family stuff plus can i present worked out by a staff in d bank showing my father sufficient funds..

What? You really need to do TOEFL.Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ibkgbocco

Congratulations! Let's keep the good news rolling in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
Hi guys, I want to add University of Texas Arlington in my list of schools for Petroleum Geosciences, Although I have others like UH, Univ of Okla, WVU in my list. But I really need a school with a high acceptance rate and at the same time would have a good reputation in case of Visa issuance.I have done my research in Google but i still need to seek the opinion of the house, before I can proceed with paying for my Transcript.
Thank you guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
Hello house. Have been reading up the threads and i must say its awesome to have people to talk abt issues like usa visa ish. Am new and my interview is ob 11th ; few days away. My uncle is my sponsir nd he runs a filling station. His coy acct nd an affidavit supporting dt he ll spinsor wt his coy was used for my i-20. my i~20 reads family fund. Can i still go with his coys statement of acct and d affidavit he swore. By d way my scho is uni of north texas healh sci centre for mph in health mgt n policy. Also has admission at usf nd wvu. Any info on dis scools and wat d statement of acct nd i~20. Am i gud to go. And am also so scared cuz i was rejected 6yrs ago fot undagroynd (tho i think dat was cuz my uncle in d us was my sponsor) so d rxperience sill scares me. Pls house i nid ur quick response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
conyema12: Hi guys, I want to add University of Texas Arlington in my list of schools for Petroleum Geosciences, Although I have others like UH, Univ of Okla, WVU in my list. But I really need a school with a high acceptance rate and at the same time would have a good reputation in case of Visa issuance.I have done my research in Google but i still need to seek the opinion of the house, before I can proceed with paying for my Transcript.
Thank you guys.

All geology schools in the US are good.

For the 1,000th time, please make sure many oil companies come to your shortlisted schools every year to hire for internship positions. You can only get your foot in the door through internships/coop unless you have > 5 years experience working as a Petroleum Geologist. You have close to 2 years experience working as a Geology intern and Field Engr. That will pay off when you get here.

On your other thread, you were contemplating about about retaining your job or MS. Did you notice that most people on there were giving examples of people who went to UK and came back without jobs? How many of them came to the US and returned? Most of them are ignorant of the roles of a field engineer so I won't blame them. First, it is boring. Second, it is so different from Geology, third, no one will make you a reservoir engineer or petroleum geologist all because you have 10yrs experience working as a field engr. Your experience must be directly related to the position applied for. As per money, if you get fundings from your school, you will make more than what they pay you a month as a field engineer in Nigeria. You also have high chances of getting a very good job upon graduation. And please, don't compare yourself with folks who went to the UK for MS. They all come back home after school.

You may think this is a risk, but it is worth it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
Please gurus in the house, I want to find out if working wit a multinational company(in fact, a US based coy) here in Nigeria could be viewed as being a 'potential immigrant'. Please, I need ur views.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 9:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ ojap,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
obsy2020: @ ojap, I need ur email so you will enlighten more abt Ms petroleum geology in usa, will be resuming this fall @ university of arkansas, fayetteville. Do u know anything abt the universty of arkansas? Will be glad if u can share with me. Thank you.

Yes, I know a lot about the school. The lady who send out mails and coordinate on behalf of the National Association of Black Geoscientists work in the school. I met a lot of Black geologists from the school at the last Black Geoscientists Convention in DC last year. And yes, a friend of mine is also in the school and just completed his masters degree. He has been admitted for a PhD for fall too. The school will be starting their first PhD program in Geology by fall.

Overall, it is a good school with a strong geology program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ ojap can I get ur mobile number or email address for more info. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
Drop yours, I will contact you asap. Email preferred.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
OjaP:

All geology schools in the US are good.

For the 1,000th time, please make sure many oil companies come to your shortlisted schools every year to hire for internship positions. You can only get your foot in the door through internships/coop unless you have > 5 years experience working as a Petroleum Geologist. You have close to 2 years experience working as a Geology intern and Field Engr. That will pay off when you get here.

On your other thread, you were contemplating about about retaining your job or MS. Did you notice that most people on there were giving examples of people who went to UK and came back without jobs? How many of them came to the US and returned? Most of them are ignorant of the roles of a field engineer so I won't blame them. First, it is boring. Second, it is so different from Geology, third, no one will make you a reservoir engineer or petroleum geologist all because you have 10yrs experience working as a field engr. Your experience must be directly related to the position applied for. As per money, if you get fundings from your school, you will make more than what they pay you a month as a field engineer in Nigeria. You also have high chances of getting a very good job upon graduation. And please, don't compare yourself with folks who went to the UK for MS. They all come back home after school.

You may think this is a risk, but it is worth it.

Oh my God!!! you just touched my soul... In fact i will refer to you as angel Ojap. first i like to commend you for your brotherly advice on this issue.

Yes Oil companies come there to pick interns and it was even clearly stated on their site. and I also found out that the school is one of the Texas University system.

As per the other tread.... I completely stand with you. Being a US trained Petroleum geologist is all I want to be.

Thank you once again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
conyema12:

Oh my God!!! you just touched my soul... In fact i will refer to you as angel Ojap. first i like to commend you for your brotherly advice on this issue.

Yes Oil companies come there to pick interns and it was even clearly stated on their site. and I also found out that the school is one of the Texas University system.

As per the other tread.... I completely stand with you. Being a US trained Petroleum geologist is all I want to be.

Thank you once again.

Texas is the -ish. Way to go bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ conyema and obsy.

Whichever school you guys finally go to, please endeavour to attend the next National Association of Black Geoscientists conference coming up by September in Houston, TX. The Association will pay for your flight, food and hotel accomodation for the convention. All you need do is to present a poster or give a talk at the convention. Since you guys will still be fresh and may not have a MS topic or research yet, you can present your BS research in a poster format.

Attending will be fun as you get to meet black geologists and relate to your "brothers" and "sisters". Oil companies also come there to recruit. Aside that, you get to meet beautiful female black geoscientists if you are still single...who knows? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
Congrats to all d members d@ got dia visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ ojap watz the procedures to become a member of the association of black geoscientist
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2013
hello gurus in d house, no one responded. does dat mean am OMO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2013
tweetty: hello gurus in d house, no one responded. does dat mean am OMO.

No, you are not on your own. We are always here to help each other. That you were denied six years ago doesn't mean you won't get it this time, a lot of things have changed since the last time you visited the embassy. You have decided to stay in Nigeria for your BSc which shows you are not even desperate to come to America. Coming for a master degree now makes sense and you are fine. Many people have used companies account and got their visas. Each person with his/her own peculiar case. I wouldn't use a company account though but that on its own is not a red flag.

Congratulations on your admission, MPH is so good. Don't you like the Environmental Health and Safety concentration (EH&S)?? It is big money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ojap thanks a bunch for ur response. i was actualy offered eh&s but fr sone reasons i had alwas had eyes for mgt n policy nd dint wana accept d adission just cause ppl said it was big moni. just tot mayb i shud put d sworn affidavit bfr d acct. my broda who is an attorney in d state prepared d format for it to reflect dat he owns d acct nd will sponsor me wit it. any oda thin i shud prepare fr. even goin fr a visitin visa put me off last yr. tho am trusting God to perform dat which only Him can di
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
also us my choice of school ok. by d way i did bsc nursing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
tweetty: also us my choice of school ok. by d way i did bsc nursing

Again, you are fine. What you should work on is why you chose the school and the major. You need to come up with a nice story that will convince any V.O. Assuming you don't want to use the company's account, do you have alternatives?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 11:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ojap thnkx once again. u wil b d first to hear my visa testimony on tuesday. AMEN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 11:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
tweetty: @ojap thnkx once again. u wil b d first to hear my visa testimony on tuesday. AMEN.

You are most welcome Tweety.

The Visa is yours already.

Lest I forget, if they ask if you have any relative in the US, do not lie since they still have access to the DS 160 you filled 6 years ago. I also hope your school is not in the same city or state with your brother/uncle. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 11:06pm On Jun 06, 2013
ibkgbocco: I A̶̲̥̅♏ now in d position of an adviser on dis thread...believe me, [b]d favour of God dat worked 4 me [/b]will work 4 odas going 4 interviews dis year

Yeaa, I like that. You can say that again.

Congratulations to you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 11:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
conyema12: Hi guys, I want to add University of Texas Arlington in my list of schools for Petroleum Geosciences, Although I have others like UH, Univ of Okla, WVU in my list. But I really need a school with a high acceptance rate and at the same time would have a good reputation in case of Visa issuance. I have done my research in Google but i still need to seek the opinion of the house, before I can proceed with paying for my Transcript.
Thank you guys.

You see baa, any school that has the name, 'university of xxxx' or 'xxxx state university' is a public research university. A public research university is a federal or state funded university and also a good school. That should be your guidance when selecting reputable schools.

UTA is a good school. You can go ahead and apply and pay for your transcripts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by HIPROFILE(m): 11:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
Hello great people!anybody in the house with much knowledge about the university of aberdeen?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:36am On Jun 07, 2013
I've been unable to comment here for some time. Summer research job and other extra curriculum activities don't allow me anymore. Well, wishing you guys all the best and hoping to get some time to pay visit. Cheers all!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:00am On Jun 07, 2013
Someone should please enlighten me on how to go about seeking for undergraduate admission in US universities for nursing or med surg. Do I need just SAT or together with toefl. My sis needs d info so urgently. Just explain, please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.