Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486993 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 7:20am On Jun 07, 2013
OjaP:

You are most welcome Tweety.

The Visa is yours already.

Lest I forget, if they ask if you have any relative in the US, do not lie since they still have access to the DS 160 you filled 6 years ago. I also hope your school is not in the same city or state with your brother/uncle. All the best.

Please Ojab I need more clarification. What about a case where someone's brother once lived in the US but not living there anymore.do I still need to fill in the ds-160 that He's still living there? Here is my case: I once applied for a visitor visa when my brother was living in the US but denied, also applied for F1 visa last month (filling in the form that I have no relative since he's moved out of the US) but was also denied.I remember the VO reiterating, do you have any relative in the US? And I kept saying NO. Please am at a loss now. How do I go about the relative -ish? Please come to my rescue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 7:25am On Jun 07, 2013
@Ibkgbocco : congrats on the visa issuance. I see your case as that of someone that has gone to get a movie ticket. #Lol. So seamless... You have really met God's favour. Keep the flag flying and pray for us too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:26am On Jun 07, 2013
lisadem:

Please Ojab I need more clarification. What about a case where someone's brother once lived in the US but not living there anymore.do I still need to fill in the ds-160 that He's still living there? Here is my case: I once applied for a visitor visa when my brother was living in the US but denied, also applied for F1 visa last month (filling in the form that I have no relative since he's moved out of the US) but was also denied.I remember the VO reiterating, do you have any relative in the US? And I kept saying NO. Please am at a loss now. How do I go about the relative -ish? Please come to my rescue.

Do you have any relative in US? If no, then your answer stands as "NO". If you do but lied, then I'm afraid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 7:31am On Jun 07, 2013
hi all,
For those needing appointment dates, i just checked, there are dates in early july. Hurry while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 7:59am On Jun 07, 2013
Hi every one,Big francis and co.I hav checked out the university of Rhode Island admission guidelines and I think they don't accept notarize transcript.After an online upload of documents and transcript,they stil require an official transcript send by the school.pls can any 1 help me with list of oda schools that give full funding for Msc in Mechanical Engineering Mayors?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 8:03am On Jun 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Do you have any relative in US? If no, then your answer stands as "NO". If you do but lied, then I'm afraid.

Thanks imperiouxx. I have no reason to lie. I just explained my case. It's just kinda complicated. He got a green card recently but the truth still remains that He's moved to Ghana on job transfer (his job demands that he gets transferred to a different region every 3 years. Ghana is his 4th destination). I presented him as my sponsor in my last interview and there I guess the VO must have noticed the discrenpacies after delving into his details. I was advised to change to a local sponsor but I still want to be sure the issue of 'relative in the US' won't be an -ish. I need your advice imperiouxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 07, 2013
Is this WAEC GCE result good for admission..
Maths- B3
Eng- C6
Govt- C5
Lit-in-eng- C5
C.R.S- C5
YOR- C4
Bio- C6
Agric Sci- AB(I was abominably ill)
Econs- D7...
Pls talk o. Is dis nt too bad ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 9:02am On Jun 07, 2013
HI-PROFILE:
Hello great people!anybody in the house with much knowledge about the university of aberdeen?
u r on the wrong thread....Aberdeen is in scotland and dis thread is for US schools

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 9:07am On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=Amefrica]Is this WAEC GCE result good for admission..
Maths- B3
Eng- C6
Govt- C5
Lit-in-eng- C5
C.R.S- C5
YOR- C4
Bio- C6
Econs- D7...
Pls talk o. Is dis nt too bad ?[/quo
why not send it to your school or talk to d admission office...they shld be in d best position to answer that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 9:09am On Jun 07, 2013
Amefrica: Is this WAEC GCE result good for admission..
Maths- B3
Eng- C6
Govt- C5
Lit-in-eng- C5
C.R.S- C5
YOR- C4
Bio- C6
Econs- D7...
Pls talk o. Is dis nt too bad ?
[quote author=dkgetmuny][/quote]
why not send it to your school or talk to d admission office...they shld be in d best position to answer that

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 10:03am On Jun 07, 2013
Morning guys how u doin today?
Is there a place on the ds-160 to fill previous travel history? I have checked over and over again and I can't seem to find a place where it was asked. Pls any1 that has filled it recently should help me out thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2013
Hello everyone. I just got admitted into two american universities both in georgia for my masters degree programme.i used the I-20 of a particular one to get visa and now, I hav no interest in going there anymore. Can I just go to resume in the other school? What is the procedure for the transfer. Must I resume at the school whose I-20 I used in getting visa before I could transfer to another school or what? pls I really need your help as this is very urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2013
guys my interview is on monday 17th that is ten days from today abeg mek una wish me success and God's favour cos am coming here wit my success testimony and experince detailz.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 07, 2013
dkgetmuny:

I need ur own opinion..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 10:53am On Jun 07, 2013
@Bigfrancis,Can I have your email? I have got some questions for you.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2013
Amefrica:

I need ur own opinion..

what is your major? It's a good result but you still need to contact your school admission office cause the way they calculate their CGPA is different from our own sec. School.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 10:56am On Jun 07, 2013
[img][/img]
coachee1: guys my interview is on monday 17th that is ten days from today abeg mek una wish me success and God's favour cos am coming here wit my success testimony and experince detailz.
coachee1: guys my interview is on monday 17th that is ten days from today abeg mek una wish me success and God's favour cos am coming here wit my success testimony and experince detailz.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 07, 2013
lol, some people here still repeat questions as if we are paid for this job. It's not okay at all. @Ameafrica, there's. Just check it with your two eyes wide opened. While @ Lisadem, only the truth shall set you free. The information on ur ds-160 is so important that you cannot give false response. The US Embassy keep record.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 11:12am On Jun 07, 2013
Yes @ wrong thread buh den, d school is a good sch. Av a frnd dat dd masters der and e's back. Best of luck Hi-profile
dkgetmuny:
u r on the wrong thread....Aberdeen is in scotland and dis thread is for US schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2013
@Justwise... Is there a way i can view all the post i like??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 07, 2013
gr8ever:

what is your major? It's a good result but you still need to contact your school admission office cause the way they calculate their CGPA is different from our own sec. School.

I wanna go for International Relations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 11:16am On Jun 07, 2013
Mr De Tus..Howdy..Sent you an inbox msg
De Tus: lol, some people here still repeat questions as if we are paid for this job. It's not okay at all. @Ameafrica, there's. Just check it with your two eyes wide opened. While @ Lisadem, only the truth shall set you free. The information on ur ds-160 is so important that you cannot give false response. The US Embassy keep record.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 11:16am On Jun 07, 2013
Ur schoolname shud b on ur visa I presume. I heard somtin like: Wen u get to sch, ur sch is suppose to contact US immigration dt u av landed safely. I tink u shud resume, u can alws change sch after u enta USA but den, I may be wrong.
valentijay: Hello everyone. I just got admitted into two american universities both in georgia for my masters degree programme.i used the I-20 of a particular one to get visa and now, I hav no interest in going there anymore. Can I just go to resume in the other school? What is the procedure for the transfer. Must I resume at the school whose I-20 I used in getting visa before I could transfer to another school or what? pls I really need your help as this is very urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 11:18am On Jun 07, 2013
@Oyetpel, i sight you. How's your processing going, did you get any I-20 from another school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 07, 2013
De Tus: lol, some people here still repeat questions as if we are paid for this job. It's not okay at all. @Ameafrica, there's. Just check it with your two eyes wide opened. While @ Lisadem, only the truth shall set you free. The information on ur ds-160 is so important that you cannot give false response. The US Embassy keep record.

what do u mean by.. @Amefrica, there's..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 11:35am On Jun 07, 2013
virgin ice: Ur schoolname shud b on ur visa I presume. I heard somtin like: Wen u get to sch, ur sch is suppose to contact US immigration dt u av landed safely. I tink u shud resume, u can alws change sch after u enta USA but den, I may be wrong.
Thanks. That'll make me spend more though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
@mario, ok. Will check it out later!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
gr8ever: @Oyetpel, i sight you. How's your processing going, did you get any I-20 from another school?
Its going well, going to us embassy soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
oyetpel:
Its going well, going to us embassy soon

Good to know, favour is yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omonaijar: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Those looking for appointment

I just got a date around 1pm. July 9, 10, 11 available when I checked some minutes ago. Hurry!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
omonaijar: Those looking for appointment

I just got a date around 1pm. July 9, 10, 11 available when I checked some minutes ago. Hurry!

Me sef jus see am o. I have already scheduled. Guys check quickly before it vanishes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omonaijar: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
topzy2000:

Me sef jus see am o. I have already scheduled. Guys check quickly before it vanishes.

Cool. When you were scheduling did it give you a place to put your middle name? My confirmation does not have my middle name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.