Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489466 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentino81(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
@ kunsoft, l dnt get any blank mail frm u. retry, valentino4ualone@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mmercy43: 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
pls house help.how do i reapply for a student visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
mmercy43: @ mmercy43.hey house i need advice on how to reapply for a student visa. i went for my initial interview last week i was denied. am tryin to reschedule and i dont have money to give an agent who helped me booked before(should hav known dis thread earlier). so my question is how do i go about it. pls help house. my sch starts august

First, go to GTBank and pay another visa fee which is N26,400. You'll be given a receipt which will contain your receipt number, also called MRV number. You'll need this number to book your visa appointment. Keep your receipt well. You'll present it at the interview.

Second, you visit, http://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ to fill out and submit a new DS-160. Copy out the application code of the DS-160. You'll need it to book your interview. Print your DS-160 confirmation page. You'll also need it for the interview.

Third, then go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp and book a new appointment date. Also print out your appointment page. You'll present it at the embassy.

After booking, post your interview experience for review and correction. Then make sure you read the parts 1, 2 and 3 of this thread. All that you need to ace your interview you'll find them here. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
Morris:

Tnx bro. Pls for the bank statrment of de company can I print it now or from last month closing balance wen de acc balance is very much high like 35m or am I to wait till my interview draw closer?

Print it now. Print from last month's balance that reflects 35m to 3/6 months back. The embassy doesn't require that your account statement be dated on the same month of your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
GboyegaD:

Fill the form and send to her and ask her to print and attach a check for $200 to it and send to their office. That is how I paid for all my friends. It doesn't cost an extra dime. Alternatively, she could walk into the post office and buy a postal order and attach same to the form and then send to their office.
[b][quote author=GboyegaD]

Pls who has the link to the western union form i need to fill if paying SEVIS fee thru a Friend in the us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
yomifowe:

The former main amount, and the school also sent a copy of the a/c back for me to take to the embassy. Although i intend adding another heavy a/c but my sis said i shld not touch it or add anything to it.

If your account statement, the one you used for your school and the same one they photocopied and sent to you, covers the full main amount on your I-20, please go with it. Don't start any long stories about your sister this your sister that at the interview. Just go straight to the point about who your sponsor is and his/her capability of sponsoring you. The VO has no way of knowing if your school reduced the amount because your sister wrote to them a letter of sponsorship. If you bring that one up, that might lead the VO to start asking you superfluous questions such as where's your sister, where does she live, what does she do, is shje married, where's her bank statement, where's the letter of support you claim she wrote. All these will get your interview messy. So please, just do as others have been doing. Whatever agreement you and your sister made concerning your sponsorship remains between the two of you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
eucharia64: Please am new to this thread. MY interview is schedule for next month. I contacted my sponsor for the statement of account and he said he doesnt have a closing balance of the stated amount presently. Please d big question is this: Must the statement of account end in june and does it mean the last date on the statement of account must have a balance of at least the tuition figure quoted on your 1-20 form? if need be can i change my sponspor to be on a safer side because on my 1-20 form its stated family fund. please help me out.

I will advice you change if you can. (from Experience)
my tuition was 20k dollars when the interview time approach the account has drop to 2.4m so i added about 13k dollars statment with and i stil got delay. i was told point blank that is because of the statement. so think very well the VOs that are on counter this month are good people. once you meet requirement they give you what belongs to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
Kunsoft:

my tuition was 20k dollars when the interview time approach the account has drop to 2.4m so i added about 13k dollars statment with and i stil got delay. i was told point blank that is because of the statement. so think very well the VOs that are on counter this month are good people. once you meet requirement they give you what belongs to you.

thank you for your advice. What if as at April, the account has the exact fee on the 1-20 can i print from that date to the last 6months?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
Kunsoft:

Your case was an issue of below-than-the-required bank statement. Her own case is different. In her own case, if she does as I directed to her, she'll get a valid and above-the-required-amount bank statement which will be ok for her to take to the embassy. Hope its clear now?

Eucharia, just do as I told you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
eucharia64:

thank you for your advice. What if as at April, the account has the exact fee on the 1-20 can i print from that date to the last 6months?

You can according to Biggy BUT i will advice to always have atleast 1 or 2m Excess. Because that was what i thought but it did not work for me when the VO ask if my sponsor is married and i said yes. i actually red her hands on the keyboard as she was typing but immediately i said Yes he is married she begin to backspace what she wrote before and re-type that was when i knew something is wrong. she feels my sponsor will have a responsibility so while will he spend all he has to sponsor me. what about his wife?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
@Bigfrancis21

Thanks for ur advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
valentino81: @ kunsoft, l dnt get any blank mail frm u. retry, valentino4ualone@gmail.com

send mail to kumuyiduro@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by midi20: 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
My interview in abuja dis afternoon
V.O: Hello, pass ur docs
Me: Good afternoon, I passed it
V.O; why dis school
Me; I tell am. For its proven successful records in educational advancement. It has a well equipped industrial assessment area comprising of a nanotechnology and robotics lab and also itt has won the global physics award twice. (My course is physics)
V.O: when did u finish secondary school and what have u bin doin
Me; I tell am. 2000. And I started story. Ond to IT. Then after IT, I went for 2yrs certification course in solar installation and maintenance. I said I did that because the company was really struggling to survive because they were spending so much on power generation to sustain production in d company.(A german company in lagos)
Then I said I went back for my hnd in physics to broaden my knowledge of science and finished 2010.
Then I told her I got employed with xoxo company after graduation and I will be going for my study leave.(Na USA company in niger o)
V.O: was just stirring at the i20 ooo. Was just stiring at it. Can u give me a second
Me: sure
Na so she comot and entered back immediately
V.O: who is sponsoring u
Me; my dad
V.O: what does he do
Me: he runs his private oil company
V.O: do u have his financial statement
Me: yeah sure. I passed it but she didn't pick it
Na so she start to dey type type type. Na so I dey pray pray pray
And she said she is sorry for herself. White paper.
I think she dey confused with d year I finished sec school and just going for bsc. Cos na so she just dey stir at the i20. Then I should have passed my docs for those period of second school till now to convince her a little bit. Shikena
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2013
GboyegaD:

It was his choice and no fault of the embassy. The worst was he could have asked for ED.
dude it frustrating gettin dates dis dayz...i even tried it out myself for him, same old shiit...sent mails nd called d embassy pple...ddnt yield any result
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
bigfrancis21:

For shizzle? How did that happen? Never heard of this before. Who did your cousin pay to get a visa date for him/her?
paid to those guyz who normally book for pple
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2013
midi20: My interview in abuja dis afternoon
V.O; why dis school
Me; I tell am. For its proven successful records in educational advancement. It has a well equipped industrial assessment area comprising of a nanotechnology and robotics lab and also itt has won the global physics award twice. (My course is physics)
Me; I tell am. 2000. And I started story. Ond to IT. Then after IT, I went for 2yrs certification course in solar installation and maintenance. I said I did that because the company was really struggling to survive because they were spending so much on power generation to sustain production in d company.(A german company in lagos)
Then I said I went back for my hnd in physics to broaden my knowledge of science and finished 2010.
Then I told her I got employed with xoxo company after graduation and I will be going for my study leave.(Na USA company in niger o)
V.O: was just stirring at the i20 ooo. Was just stiring at it. Can u give me a second
Me; my dad
I think she dey confused with d year I finished sec school and just going for bsc. Cos na so she just dey stir at the i20. Then I should have passed my docs for those period of second school till now to convince her a little bit. Shikena

@Bolded: Lmao!

It was a nice interview anyway. Your problem definitely came from the I-20. What could be the problem with it?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
babsharon:

I sent u a mail, check and see if the attached affidavit of sponsor will be okay by you.
cheers.

@babsharon, pls kindly send Me the statement of sponsorship too... afolabiolawale2@gmail.com

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@Bolded: Lmao!

It was a nice interview anyway. Your problem definitely came from the I-20. What could be the problem with it?

An adult going for a BSc isn't all sealed and delivered.But this stirring get as e be.Chinese lady again!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

lol.... It's for celebration only. Hope you're fine. I got no time online anymore like I used to.

Yeah, I'm very fine bro and I understand You've been busy @ d lab.

Keep repping well... smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
olarwarlay:

@babsharon, pls kindly send Me the statement of sponsorship too... afolabiolawale2@gmail.com

Thanks!
Sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
babsharon:
Sent

Got it... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by doctor234: 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
Flawless~diva:

Congrats, HARVARD yoooooo!!
I'm doing an UG in PH, would want JHSPH for my PG. So did you consider it and which other school(s) did you apply?
I've come to observe that most international students for PH in ivy leagues are MDs, I hope someone like me has a chance to walk in.
I'm trying to be at my best in school, so when I get to that level i'l cross by the grace of God.
Congrats!!
@bigfrancis et all : thumbs up, y'all doing a great job.

Thanks. You can get any school if you package your application materials well. JHSPH was actually my first choice but I didnt accept the admission because the fees are way too high and they dont fund International students like Harvard, Tulane, Boston and Drexel Schools of PH do. MDs have an advantage, but almost any field can be considered for the MPH if you show enough purpose.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
dkgetmuny: its crazy getting dates dis dayz...my cousin paid 20k to get a date yestday...yankee embassy shld do sometin pls
OMO BABA OLOWO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2013
midi20: Eku ile o. Just got denied in abuja o. Issuance rate was very low today. Na old couples dem give mostly. Nothing much, the chinko lady was just typing typing without even looking at any document. D old guy in d middle just dey deny everybody. I wan sleep abeg. smiley
Sorry...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ak95: 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
Pls house, I need your advice. I just got employed as Mechanical Engineer II @ ∂ osun state ministry of works and I've been planning to go for my Ph.∂ in US for Spring 2014. Infact I've paid for my GRE and I've done TOEFL also.

I have actually been looking for job for some time now. And it will take me two years before I can be given study leave from dis my new job.
House, what should I do? Shoud I just drop ∂ job as soon as I'm done wt my admission and visa finz?
Also, if ∂ vo ask me if I'm working, what should I say? Plz advice me o. My mind is not even on dis job. Na Yankee dey my mind oooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
V.O; why dis school
Me; my dad

Eya sorry mehn! but next time u dont pass them document if u r not ask to, just answer them yeah i do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
V.O; why dis school
Me; my dad

Nice interview. Keep trying i think the chance for HND graduate is very slim but we will get there in Jesus Name. forget about the stirring sometime they do that to distract us.
The problem is check the bolded part and summarize it in like 3 or 4 sentences.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
ak95: Pls house, I need your advice. I just got employed as Mechanical Engineer II @ ∂ osun state ministry of works and I've been planning to go for my Ph.∂ in US for Spring 2014. Infact I've paid for my GRE and I've done TOEFL also.

I have actually been looking for job for some time now. And it will take me two years before I can be given study leave from dis my new job.
House, what should I do? Shoud I just drop ∂ job as soon as I'm done wt my admission and visa finz?
Also, if ∂ vo ask me if I'm working, what should I say? Plz advice me o. My mind is not even on dis job. Na Yankee dey my mind oooo.
Potential immigrante. na naija fault, doing jobs u dont lyk, because u no get choice.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
bones007:

Eya sorry mehn! but next time u dont pass them document if u r not ask to, just answer them yeah i do.
Wat do u mean? Asked bank statement and dont give them?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
EXPERIENCED VISA INTERVIEWEE, WHY DO VOs EXCUSE THEMSELVES, IS IT THAT THEY LEAVE TO VERIFY DOCS PRESENTED?

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.