Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489468 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Have you paid your visa fee? Have you submitted your DS-160 form?

@Bigfrancis, I have paid my Visa fee and I have Filled my DS 160 form yesterday and I Submitted it.

And I printed out the application and confirmation page after submitting it.

I hope this is Not a problem because I submitted it too early and I have not even gotten a date yet for appointment

And also, Just incase I want to make corrections and adjustment to my application can this still be possible?

Thnx bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mmercy43: 8:45am On Jun 20, 2013
yes i hav paid the new application (gtbank 26400)and am filling the ds 160,not yet thru but hav gotten d code to apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2013
effulgence: please forward the sponsorship letter to me as well,God bless. geoken04@yahoo.com
sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:19am On Jun 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

@Bigfrancis, I Filled my DS 160 form yesterday and I Submitted it.

And I printed out the application and confirmation page out after submitting it

I hope this is Not a problem because I submitted it too early and I have not even gotten a date yet for appointment

And also, Just incase I want to make corrections and adjustment to my application can this still be possible?

Thnx bro

No. Its not a problem submitting too early. My cousin submitted hers early, 2 weeks to her interview at Lagos and got hers.

If in case you want to make corrections, what you'll do is simply create, fill and submit another DS-160. Then visit your visa booking page, login in, then use the update button and change your DS-160 application code to the new one. The new one is what they'll now use to interview you, not the former one.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2013
midi20: My interview in abuja dis afternoon
V.O: Hello, pass ur docs
Me: Good afternoon, I passed it
V.O; why dis school
Me; I tell am. For its proven successful records in educational advancement. It has a well equipped industrial assessment area comprising of a nanotechnology and robotics lab and also itt has won the global physics award twice. (My course is physics)
V.O: when did u finish secondary school and what have u bin doin
Me; I tell am. 2000. And I started story. Ond to IT. Then after IT, I went for 2yrs certification course in solar installation and maintenance. I said I did that because the company was really struggling to survive because they were spending so much on power generation to sustain production in d company.(A german company in lagos)
Then I said I went back for my hnd in physics to broaden my knowledge of science and finished 2010.
Then I told her I got employed with xoxo company after graduation and I will be going for my study leave.(Na USA company in niger o)
V.O: was just stirring at the i20 ooo. Was just stiring at it. Can u give me a second
Me: sure
Na so she comot and entered back immediately
V.O: who is sponsoring u
Me; my dad
V.O: what does he do
Me: he runs his private oil company
V.O: do u have his financial statement
Me: yeah sure. I passed it but she didn't pick it
Na so she start to dey type type type. Na so I dey pray pray pray
And she said she is sorry for herself. White paper.
I think she dey confused with d year I finished sec school and just going for bsc. Cos na so she just dey stir at the i20. Then I should have passed my docs for those period of second school till now to convince her a little bit. Shikena

Im going for smtin similar to his o, a 2yr college. House,pls what do u advise me to do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 9:32am On Jun 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Actually, the Abuja VOs tend to be more relaxed than Lagos VOs because they don't tend to experience the huge constant swathe of visa applicants that Lagos receives daily. Because of this, they tend to give you more time to explain your case.

However, student interview is unique to each person. The same dreaded Chinese (Chinko) lady known to be very stingy with visas granted some members here their visa. My cousin going to TSU first went to Abuja for her interview and met this same man you met who denied her. She then applied again to the Lagos embassy solely because she didn't want to reapply to the Abuja embassy again only to meet the same man, and this time she got her visa. Imperiouxx was denied at Abuja only to go to Lagos and got granted.

Its left for you to choose which place you want to go. I'd suggest you go to Lagos this time but whichever embassy your mind tells you to go, go there.
on how tinz be eehhh, as i reach house
i come reason am wela come see am
say en fit be because of no strong ties
to my country mek d oyibo man deny
me visa. Now i wan mek una join me do
dis my calculation to see if en go work dis time. I wan provide all diz
documents:
*high court affidavit by my sponsor
(company)
*letter of trainee employment (as
stated in my former ds-160 ie employed as a trainee) stating my employment
date,field,and salary scale
*letter of education leave from sponsor
(who is also my employer)for 4 yrs, with
leave/educational allowance(pocket
moni) *letter of sponsorship/commitment
from my sponsor/employer addressed
to consular general usa embassy
*official document of affirmation/
agreement from high court swearing
that i would come back to work for my sponsor after my education. Pls neccessary corrections and
calculations are highly welcomed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 9:39am On Jun 20, 2013
jareatanda:

I've been having difficulty getting a date too. Please how did you go about it? Thanks

It was indeed a miracle. I just logged in yesterday morning and saw a date stARRING ME IN THE FACE shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 9:40am On Jun 20, 2013
yomifowe:

Im going for smtin similar to his o, a 2yr college. House,pls what do u advise me to do?

Since you have no choice, go with faith. Cos, I think it's late now to embark on Fall University admission. This house has said this several times that college is not a good option. That does not mean I have not seen people granted VISA through college admission.

Go with faith.

If your faith can't take this, wait till Spring for University admission. Spring is just less than 7months..God forbid, if you are denied now, next time you are appearing at the embassy, you have to be able to prove beyond this planet why you switch from College to University..The VO like consistency.

I guess what push guys for college is requirements.Sometimes tuition. I'll advise guys to do thorough search for Universities with low requirements for B.Sc admission. After stepping in, a transfer can be done to college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 20, 2013
yomifowe:

Guy, I take God beg you, no try am. Not sure I av heard anybody on this forum get with a 2 yr college. Proceed with caution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:45am On Jun 20, 2013
yomifowe:

It was indeed a miracle. I just logged in yesterday morning and saw a date stARRING ME IN THE FACE shocked

Bro, wht date is dt? Is it for lagos or Abuja?...

Because me I dey find lagos Date ooooo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 9:54am On Jun 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello guys, I have FILLED and SUBMITTED my Online Ds 160 form.

I printed the Application after I Submitted it for Reference purposes and I also Printed the Confirmation page.

But I have NOT booked an appointment because I tried booking appointment today but No available date in Lagos.

Pls Whoever Sees Available Date in Lagos, Pls endeavor to let me know..

Abeg.. Na Beg I dey ooo...

Try expedited appointment .. When is your school resuming?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 10:05am On Jun 20, 2013
fidelia.john:
Please house, I need your help. My sponsor bears a yoruba and a muslim name and my parent's name is not close to a yoruba name on the DS-160 form and the name is stated on the I-20 and as my Uncle. Please wat will I call the tie between us.

Fidelia, this is simple. Who is an uncle?

According to Wikipedia: Uncle (from Latin: avunculus "little grandfather", the diminutive of avus "grandfather"wink is a family relationship or kinship, between a person and his or her parent's brother, parent's brother-in-law or parent's cousin.

Another simple definition: An uncle is the brother of your mother or father. He can also be the man who marries your mother or father's sister.

That is
a.The brother of one's mother or father.
b.The husband of one's aunt.

Analysis: Your dad is an Igbo chukwudi Uzor, he has a sister who is Felicia Uzor (ur aunt). His sister married a yoruba man, Olukayode Arivisayo.

Olukayode Arivisayo is ur uncle.

The VO know all these facts, so they don't ask such question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 10:05am On Jun 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Bro, wht date is dt? Is it for lagos or Abuja?...

Because me I dey find lagos Date ooooo..

Na Lagos o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2013
coachee1:
on how tinz be eehhh, as i reach house
i come reason am wela come see am
say en fit be because of no strong ties
to my country mek d oyibo man deny
me visa. Now i wan mek una join me do
dis my calculation to see if en go work dis time. I wan provide all diz
documents:
*high court affidavit by my sponsor
(company)
*letter of trainee employment (as
stated in my former ds-160 ie employed as a trainee) stating my employment
date,field,and salary scale
*letter of education leave from sponsor
(who is also my employer)for 4 yrs, with
leave/educational allowance(pocket
moni) *letter of sponsorship/commitment
from my sponsor/employer addressed
to consular general usa embassy
*official document of affirmation/
agreement from high court swearing
that i would come back to work for my sponsor after my education. Pls neccessary corrections and
calculations are highly welcomed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2013
Hello house, pls I need more info on how to
secure an admission with a 3rd class degree
into Masters program. What are the required
steps, exams to write, etc. I will appreciate
all ur contributions.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 10:28am On Jun 20, 2013
yomifowe:

Guy try am, u fit get luck, bt if they deny u,then u av no problem, apply to university, go again and u will be granted visa. Y? because CC r lyk our, nce nd other bsc 4 naija. So nw dat u don apply, they will knw dat u knw wat u r doing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:44am On Jun 20, 2013
yomifowe:

Na Lagos o.

Wow!!! Really, Pls like what time in the morning did you check?

And what date did you get for Lagos?..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:46am On Jun 20, 2013
jimtosam:

Try expedited appointment .. When is your school resuming?

My school resumes on the 20 August..

I don't want to Exhaust my expedited appoinment yet, because I heard it's Only valid for Once.. You can't get it twice

And I will make use of it Only when my state his crucial and Resumption is drawing very close..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:48am On Jun 20, 2013
Hello guys, Pls where can someone make a standard Passport Photograph in Lagos..

I intend using the passport photograph for the
Embassy, because it is required for the Interview.

I will like to know how much it will cost me for the
passport Photograph?

Pls does who got their visas I guess your Passport
photograpgh was ACCEPTED, pls where did you take yours if in Lagos?

Because I heard the Embassy DENY some applicants with WRONG passport size.

Pls I need help on this. Thnx guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello guys, Pls where can someone make a standard Passport Photograph in Lagos..

passport Photograph?

I hear you can take it at the embassy - though might be a lil expensive (1500 - 2000). otherwise, just walk into any good photo studio and tell them you want to take a 2' X 2' passport using a white background. most of dem know it as the DV lottery passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2013
idalex: Hello house, pls I need more info on how to
secure an admission with a 3rd class degree
into Masters program. What are the required
steps, exams to write, etc. I will appreciate
all ur contributions.
Thanks.

This is the part4 of this thread. Kindly study this thread from part1 and you will get all the basic information in detail.But, in summary;

first of all, I won't discourage you that 3rd class can't get admission cos one of my friends got admission with 2.41 but he's going to do many prequisite course (4 undergrads). These 4 undergrads courses will extend his stay for one more semester. 2.41 is 2.2 but very close to third class..Your transcript will be converted to American format. So, sometimes 2.1/2.2/3rd class does not matter but the CGPA does.

Write toefl
Write GRE/GMAT
Search for four low-end universities. Applying to four schools will brighten your chances of getting admission.
Fill your application online.
Send all required documents (basically transcripts)
If you are admitted, get ur I-20 by sending bank statement to the school.
Go for VISA interview.

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:06am On Jun 20, 2013
annoymous:

I hear you can take it at the embassy - though might be a lil expensive (1500 - 2000). otherwise, just walk into any good photo studio and tell them you want to take a 2' X 2' passport using a white background. most of dem know it as the DV lottery passport.

Thnx bro for the suggestion.

I don't think 2" by 2" is the Right Size..

Because when I printed out my Confirmation page yesterday after I filled my online DS 160 form,

It was written that I should bring a 5cm by 5cm paspport photograpgh for the Interview..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 11:13am On Jun 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello guys, Pls where can someone make a standard Passport Photograph in Lagos..

passport Photograph?

I like your request.."those who got their VISAs"..lol...Why are you not requesting from those that were denied..Well, Passport photograph shouldn't be a big deal. Just know the standard recommended by US embassy and take it anywhere.

I could sense fear. Pls, don't be afraid and take ur interview lightly (not with levity).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigass(f): 11:22am On Jun 20, 2013
I was denied today at Abuja
My school resumes by August. What can I do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 11:23am On Jun 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

My school resumes on the 20 August..

I don't want to Exhaust my expedited appoinment yet, because I heard it's Only valid for Once.. You can't get it twice

And I will make use of it Only when my state his crucial and Resumption is drawing very close..

Ok no problem..Why do you think you will need Expedited Appointment twice? I think I know your fear..I learnt you can't even use expedited appointment to book again if you are denied once.I'm not sure if this is still right, pls Confirm this at usatraveldoc.

Well, today is June 20 and your school resumes August 20, I believe d window will still open.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:25am On Jun 20, 2013
mmercy43: yes i hav paid the new application (gtbank 26400)and am filling the ds 160,not yet thru but hav gotten d code to apply.

Alright then. There's no magic in getting an appointment date. Just keep checking back. You'll get a date. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 11:28am On Jun 20, 2013
bigass: I was denied today at Abuja
My school resumes by August

Sorry brother...Share your experience and let the whole house analyse.

After the analysis, d house will suggest if you should try again or wait till Spring. For example, if you are denied base on financial standing, wait till Spring cos VO does not believe that a miracle would have happened on your financial standing between now and may be next month you are trying again. So, it may result in another denial. But, if you are denied base on minor stuffs or it wasn't just your day, go again.

We are waiting for your post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2013
Kunsoft:

You can according to Biggy BUT i will advice to always have atleast 1 or 2m Excess. Because that was what i thought but it did not work for me when the VO ask if my sponsor is married and i said yes. i actually red her hands on the keyboard as she was typing but immediately i said Yes he is married she begin to backspace what she wrote before and re-type that was when i knew something is wrong. she feels my sponsor will have a responsibility so while will he spend all he has to sponsor me. what about his wife?.

Alright, i get your plight now. Thanks hun
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 11:32am On Jun 20, 2013
oyetpel:
Guy try am, u fit get luck, bt if they deny u,then u av no problem, apply to university, go again and u will be granted visa. Y? because CC r lyk our, nce nd other bsc 4 naija. So nw dat u don apply, they will knw dat u knw wat u r doing.

Thanks so much bro, i know ill get it,just wish me well.

@Ricky Roza

I got the date in the morning. Just keep hope alive bro. It is well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 11:34am On Jun 20, 2013
bigass: I was denied today at Abuja
My school resumes by August. What can I do

Sorry about that, can you post the interview experience, so we can see what went wrong, and other forumites can also give input on how u can repackage ur application.
Dont worry, u can still get it b4 august, just shake off the experience, book for another interview and prepare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:39am On Jun 20, 2013
jimtosam:

Ok no problem..Why do you think you will need Expedited Appointment twice? I think I know your fear..I learnt you can't even use expedited appointment to book again if you are denied once.I'm not sure if this is still right, pls Confirm this at usatraveldoc.

Well, today is June 20 and your school resumes August 20, I believe d window will still open.

Thnx bro.. I appreciate alot..

But I must really say mehn guy u don read my mind.. Lol!!

Yes ooo, it's always good to have a Plan B...

But I PRAY I get it at FIRST try...... America On ma Mind nw...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 20, 2013
jimtosam:

Sorry brother...Share your experience and let the whole house analyse.

After the analysis, d house will suggest if you should try again or wait till Spring. For example, if you are denied base on financial standing, wait till Spring cos VO does not believe that a miracle would have happened on your financial standing between now and may be next month you are trying again. So, it may result in another denial. But, if you are denied base on minor stuffs or it wasn't just your day, go again.

We are waiting for your post.

Everybody is not a brother.....bigass is a lady.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.