Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488307 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
Whoever sees any available dates in lagos should kindly let us know. cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
flynbird: Whoever sees any available dates in lagos should kindly let us know. cry
OK ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hello guys, I have FILLED and SUBMITTED my Online Ds 160 form.

I printed the Application after I Submitted it for Reference purposes and I also Printed the Confirmation page.

But I have NOT booked an appointment because I tried booking appointment today but No available date in Lagos.

Pls Whoever Sees Available Date in Lagos, Pls endeavor to let me know..

Abeg.. Na Beg I dey ooo...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
oyetpel: EXPERIENCED VISA INTERVIEWEE, WHY DO VOs EXCUSE THEMSELVES, IS IT THAT THEY LEAVE TO VERIFY DOCS PRESENTED?

Only a VO can answer that categorically - it could be to verify or, more likely, to seek a 2nd opinion from a colleague. Eida way, e no 'consign' you as there isn't anything you can do about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ak95: 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
oyetpel:
Potential immigrante. na naija fault, doing jobs u dont lyk, because u no get choice.

@ Oyetpel, for your MIND abi? No be so ooo. My plan is to go for my Ph.∂ and finish up before I'm 35 years old. It's faster over there than Naija. I also have ∂ very best priviledge to proceed for my Ph.D in my school here in Naija. (UI) but most time, it will take take like 4-6 years without grants or sponsors.

Na intelligent advice I need, not for u to laugh me.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
pls can anyone help with sample of sponsorship letter
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
pawn89:

Thank you very much sir,

I like to know if there are people here in nairaland that has chosen to study at Florida International University
Yep...I'm going to fiu!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
ak95:

@ Oyetpel, for your MIND abi? No be so ooo. My plan is to go for my Ph.∂ and finish up before I'm 35 years old. It's faster over there than Naija. I also have ∂ very best priviledge to proceed for my Ph.D in my school here in Naija. (UI) but most time, it will take take like 4-6 years without grants or sponsors.

Na intelligent advice I need, not for u to laugh me.
UI, na so, i dey there. I no laugh at u oo, let d page gurus come, dats wat they will call u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by klplus: 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
@vivyspakles and pawn89, I am going to FIU too, you can send your numbers so we can talk tommrw. If you are in Lagos we could hook up this weekend and have a chat. Hoping to hear from you guys soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Flawlessdiva1(f): 11:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Its not yet late o. Or I guess you've already begun studies somewhere in Nigeria? Cos if you're still on the application process, its still not yet late to start applying for US for spring or Fall 2014.
Yeah, I've started already. In 200l.considering it for postgraduate at johns hopkins by God's grace!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 12:05am On Jun 20, 2013
Hello house, pls I need more info on how to secure an admission with a 3rd class degree into Masters program. What are the required steps, exams to write, etc. I will appreciate all ur contributions thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Flawlessdiva1(f): 12:05am On Jun 20, 2013
doctor234:

Thanks. You can get any school if you package your application materials well. JHSPH was actually my first choice but I didnt accept the admission because the fees are way too high and they dont fund International students like Harvard, Tulane, Boston and Drexel Schools of PH do. MDs have an advantage, but almost any field can be considered for the MPH if you show enough purpose.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah the tuition is on the high side. Don't they provide GÅ or RA position, saw something on alfred sommer's scholarship.
I'm just being ambitious, when I get to that stage, will surely look at these schools you 've mentioned.I hope to work hard for JHSPH because I require two to three years experience to be eligible for an MPH. So page #bookmarked. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jareatanda: 1:16am On Jun 20, 2013
Hello all. Any one with ideas how I can secure an appointment date? I've tried a number of times but no dates seem to be available. Thank U
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by effulgence: 1:17am On Jun 20, 2013
babsharon:
Sent
please forward the sponsorship letter to me as well,God bless. geoken04@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jareatanda: 1:18am On Jun 20, 2013
flynbird: Whoever sees any available dates in lagos should kindly let us know. cry
I would appreciate the same too![color=#770077][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jareatanda: 1:20am On Jun 20, 2013
yomifowe: It was his choice and no fault of the embassy. The worst was he could have asked for ED.
@GboyegaD

Thats not true. Whether you ask for ED or not, their response wld be the same 'keep checking'. I even went as far as sending mails attaching my admission letter and I-20 for expedited interview several times, called call centre several times but to no avail, until i checked this morning and saw a date.

I've been having difficulty getting a date too. Please how did you go about it? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OpeThanks: 1:30am On Jun 20, 2013
GboyegaD:

That one na story, we must wash am naim be the koko cheesy.

How we go con do am now that you are in Niger.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OpeThanks: 1:46am On Jun 20, 2013
yomifowe: It was his choice and no fault of the embassy. The worst was he could have asked for ED.
@GboyegaD

Thats not true. Whether you ask for ED or not, their response wld be the same 'keep checking'. I even went as far as sending mails attaching my admission letter and I-20 for expedited interview several times, called call centre several times but to no avail, until i checked this morning and saw a date.

Things might have really changed but I think ED(s) are given when your school's resumption date is quite close.If your are resuming around August 12th for instance, they might not attend to the ED request at least at this time. The resumption date is usually stated on your I-20 and that I believe is what the use for their decisions. I hope I am right sha...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mmercy43: 5:40am On Jun 20, 2013
does anybody in d house knows how i can secure an interview date?cant seem to find any and my sch starts august
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 6:39am On Jun 20, 2013
Ope-Thanks:
Here is the interview.

Since we are married and I am already in the US, we could not think of an stronger tie than to just be consistent with what we have on both DS-160.

Note: She was interviewed by the Chinese Lady.

mw: Morning
vo: Morning. Your passport and documents please (already smiling).
vo: Where are you going in the US?
mw: Told her the Name of the school and the city.
vo: What course are you going to study? (focusing on the I-20).
mw: Masters in Public Health and .......
vo: what degree are you graduating with?
***( The course has a different name from the degree)
mw: M.Sc Health Sciences ......(At this point I think the Chinese lady was impressed and was nodding).
vo: How many schools did you apply to?
mw: Five (naming them).
vo: Why did you choose this one?
mf: I did for two reasons. (1). It's the only school that offered me a full funding.
vo: Wow, so you have a funding
mw: (2). My spouse is a current student in the school. (Should that be a red flag? Anyway, she just smiled the more nodding in agreement. This time I think she was looking at the filled DS-160).
vo: Did you write a standardized test?
mw: Yes. GRE and TOEFL.
vo: (Looking at the I-20) What does you sponsor do and how much does she earn annually?
mw: Told her
vo: Smiling.. (Chinese ladyooo) Your visa as been approved. Pick up at .....
mw: (Could not help smiling back. Said "Thank you" and left).

She did not request for any document too.

----- All I can say is that when God is for you, even "red flags" will turn in your favor.------

Congrats...Can't wait to see her..

I've returned after a long break ..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 6:43am On Jun 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Yap. You'll meet whites there too. To avoid meeting the same man again, I think you should apply this time to the Lagos embassy.

As for airlines, I would suggest Emirates or any arab airline because they are usually very cheap. Avoid American/European airlines like a plague!!! They are very expensive. Since there's no airport in Abilene, you'll fly from Lagos to Houston (since Houston is still in Texas) and take a cab, bus, or the Greyhound bus to Abilene, Texas.
I heard that lagos interview is tougher than that of abuja and that there are slimmer chances of getting a visa in lagos than in abuja. Is that true?
Also will my previous visa denial affect my current visa decision?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:10am On Jun 20, 2013
Ope-Thanks:

How we go con do am now that you are in Niger.

Ogbeni, shebi na whenever I enter IL so never fear. I go let you know as things dey go.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:15am On Jun 20, 2013
coachee1:
I heard that lagos interview is tougher than that of abuja and that there are slimmer chances of getting a visa in lagos than in abuja. Is that true?

Why would you want to work with hear says knowing that the interview is unique to each individual? Follow your mind and leave the rest to God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 7:33am On Jun 20, 2013
GboyegaD:

Why would you want to work with hear says knowing that the interview is unique to each individual? Follow your mind and leave the rest to God.
on how tinz be eehhh, as i reach house i come reason am wela come see am say en fit be because of no strong ties to my country mek d oyibo man deny me visa. Now i wan mek una join me do dis my calculation to see if en go work dis time. I wan provide all diz documents:
*high court affidavit by my sponsor(company)
*letter of trainee employment (as stated in my former ds-160 ie employed as a trainee) stating my employment date,field,and salary scale
*letter of education leave from sponsor (who is also my employer)for 4 yrs, with leave/educational allowance(pocket moni)
*letter of sponsorship/commitment from my sponsor/employer addressed to consular general usa embassy
*official document of affirmation/agreement from high court swearing that i would come back to work for my sponsor after my education.

Pls neccessary corrections and calculations are highly welcomed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pawn89(m): 7:35am On Jun 20, 2013
vivysparkles:
Yep...I'm going to fiu!

cool,this is my email id you can send me a mail or better still add me up on yahoo messenger.
esandapo@yahoo.co.uk

Please any more Nairalanders for FIU should pls indicate lets rendezvous

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pawn89(m): 7:37am On Jun 20, 2013
klplus: @vivyspakles and pawn89, I am going to FIU too, you can send your numbers so we can talk tommrw. If you are in Lagos we could hook up this weekend and have a chat. Hoping to hear from you guys soon.

pls drop your send a mail to esandapo@yahoo.co.uk or add me on yahoo messenger
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 20, 2013
Ope-Thanks:

Things might have really changed but I think ED(s) are given when your school's resumption date is quite close.If your are resuming around August 12th for instance, they might not attend to the ED request at least at this time. The resumption date is usually stated on your I-20 and that I believe is what the use for their decisions. I hope I am right sha...

Things haven't changed - your school must be resuming withing 60 days (or 30, not sure) and u must have an appointment already. U also mustn't have been denied recently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:12am On Jun 20, 2013
Hello guys, Pls where can someone make a standard Passport Photograph in Lagos..

I intend using the passport photograph for the Embassy. Because it is required for the Interview.

I will like to know how much it will cost me for the passport Photograph?

Pls does who got their visas I guess your Passport photograpgh was ACCEPTED, pls where did you take yours if in Lagos?

Because I heard the Embassy DENY some applicants with WRONG passport size.

Pls I need help on this. Thnx guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:14am On Jun 20, 2013
coachee1:

Actually, the Abuja VOs tend to be more relaxed than Lagos VOs because they don't tend to experience the huge constant swathe of visa applicants that Lagos receives daily. Because of this, they tend to give you more time to explain your case.

However, student interview is unique to each person. The same dreaded Chinese (Chinko) lady known to be very stingy with visas granted some members here their visa. My cousin going to TSU first went to Abuja for her interview and met this same man you met who denied her. She then applied again to the Lagos embassy solely because she didn't want to reapply to the Abuja embassy again only to meet the same man, and this time she got her visa. Imperiouxx was denied at Abuja only to go to Lagos and got granted.

Its left for you to choose which place you want to go. I'd suggest you go to Lagos this time but whichever embassy your mind tells you to go, go there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:17am On Jun 20, 2013
mmercy43: does anybody in d house knows how i can secure an interview date?cant seem to find any and my sch starts august

Have you paid your visa fee? Have you submitted your DS-160 form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Have you paid your visa fee? Have you submitted your DS-160 form?

@Bigfrancis, I Filled my DS 160 form yesterday and I Submitted it.

And I printed out the application and confirmation page out after submitting it

I hope this is Not a problem because I submitted it too early and I have not even gotten a date yet for appointment

And also, Just incase I want to make corrections and adjustment to my application can this still be possible?

Thnx bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.