Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489475 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
bigass: House please is marriage a hindrance for a student visa

Absolutely not!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
House,pls I nid som1 to help me out on dis referees recommendation issues.After filling my referees info's and email address online,d school wil send a letter of recommendation for d referee to fill.pls do I stil nid to meet d referee after filling is info online or am done with him?or am I to collect da soft copy of da letter n send it to d school my self or he is to do so?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
Square65:

Absolutely not!
It is one of d strong tie †̥o Ur country.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigass(f): 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
Pls I want to reapply for student visa interview. I had my interview in Abuja but I now Want to try Lagos. When I am being reinterviewed. What can I say and must not say
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 7:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
Yes o! U av to talk to ur referees so dey wud no it is ur recomendation form. Dese peeps av oda tins dey r doin too and u cnt b on der mind. Referees don't give u any copy after writing recomendation. It is official doc dat is sent directly by dem to ur sch. Only one of my referees showed me wat e wrote/scanned to my sch.
theHanafis: House,pls I nid som1 to help me out on dis referees recommendation issues.After filling my referees info's and email address online,d school wil send a letter of recommendation for d referee to fill.pls do I stil nid to meet d referee after filling is info online or am done with him?or am I to collect da soft copy of da letter n send it to d school my self or he is to do so?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
Please I need correct answer to this question 'Will you work in the USAa after MS? If you are offered job in Microsoft, USA'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OpeThanks: 8:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
yomifowe:

Congrats.Its time for fasting and praying o. God ll grant every1 of us our VISA desire. If u believe it, say a BIG Amen.It is well.

AMEN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OpeThanks: 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
bigass: Pls I want to reapply for student visa interview. I had my interview in Abuja but I now Want to try Lagos. When I am being reinterviewed. What can I say and must not say

Marriage is never a disadvantage especially when you are leaving your spouse behind. So many couples even have their spouses join them on F2 visa after they are have been there for a while.

For what answers you should give for your next interview: I believe you can try read up as much "interview experiences" as possible since every interview case is unique. Some questions come with gestures (implicitly but not explicitly stated). Reading up previous post might help you read in between the lines and picture the reasons behind each questions then you can prepare your own answers to question like that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
Square65:

Absolutely not!

You are right Square65..Marriage should be a plus. It's a great tie.

The VO believe you can't just leave your family without thinking of them.And it's true. A single guy can forget himself abroad without looking back. A responsible married man can't do that. Bigass, don't trouble yourself too much. You were denied base on financial standing. It's glaring..Forget a guy that got his VISA self-sponsored. there are always exceptional. Square6 shared a story of someone that got his VISA with mistakes on his I-20. That was exceptional.I could even call it a miracle. The VO is even putting his job on the line. Cos, according to US law, student can't enter US 30days before resumption. The student got a wrong resumption date on the I-20. Which means he just believed the word of mouth from the guy and he could be wrong.

I want you to believe this fact. Find a backup sponsor and go for Spring..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
fidelia.john:
Please I need correct answer to this question 'Will you work in the USAa after MS? If you are offered job in Microsoft, USA'

No .. You got a dream of changing Nigeria's IT industry and you are coming back to help your father's land ..

Study leave letter from where you work could firmly support this.

It could also be yes if you can prove this .. But, never give the VO any sense of a desperate move to America.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
fidelia.john:
I would say yes, VO's are trained to pick up on flaws(If you say no, it'll probably be a lie). I would say yes, surely stating that my aim is to start a company in Nigeria when I'm done with Graduate school and a Job at microsoft would be to my advantage as it would provide the opportunity to work with bright minds and help me gain the necessary skills and experience to be able to run my enterprise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2013
My school finally agreed to issue me with a new I-20 on the condition that I will pay for the whole first year otherwise my I-20 will be suspended when I come. The document has been given to dhl today.do you think it can arrive here before thursday? Can I cancel my appointment a day to the interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
theHanafis: House,pls I nid som1 to help me out on dis referees recommendation issues.After filling my referees info's and email address online,d school wil send a letter of recommendation for d referee to fill.pls do I stil nid to meet d referee after filling is info online or am done with him?or am I to collect da soft copy of da letter n send it to d school my self or he is to do so?

No, the school will send an email to your referee to do recommendation for you. He will then access his email, click and access the referee link. Nowadays, its usually a long form he has to fill out. At times the form comes with a word pad/typing section where he'll still have to write a recommendation letter, the former style as you know it. Once he's done, he submits it. That's all.

Courtesy demands that you first speak with your referee asking him to be your recommender so that the email he gets won't take him by surprise or doesn't get him angry that you didn't tell him first before giving out his email.

Once he agrees to do it for you over the phone no need for physical contact again either throughout the time he's doing it or after he's finished. If you stay close to him you may want to be there while he does it for you so as to make sure he writes an excellent recommendation for you. In other words, just to ensure he turns you into the wizkid that you're not. cool grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 11:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
My school finally agreed to issue me with a new I-20 on the condition that I will pay for the whole first year otherwise my I-20 will be suspended when I come. The document has been given to dhl today.do you think it can arrive here before thursday? Can I cancel my appointment a day to the interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by wabiwabi91: 11:52pm On Jun 21, 2013
valentijay: My school finally agreed to issue me with a new I-20 on the condition that I will pay for the whole first year otherwise my I-20 will be suspended when I come. The document has been given to dhl today.do you think it can arrive here before thursday? Can I cancel my appointment a day to the interview?

For real? Your school wants you to pay in order for them to correct a mistake that they made? Wow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 2:38am On Jun 22, 2013
jimtosam:

The VO is even putting his job on the line. Cos, according to US law, student can't enter US 30days before resumption. The student got a wrong resumption date on the I-20. Which means he just believed the word of mouth from the guy and he could be wrong.

No, he didn't just take him for his word. That was why he asked him to forward a scanned copy of the revised I20 before picking up his visa. Since the information on the new I20 could always be verified, I don't think he risked his job at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 2:41am On Jun 22, 2013
valentijay: My school finally agreed to issue me with a new I-20 on the condition that I will pay for the whole first year otherwise my I-20 will be suspended when I come. The document has been given to dhl today.do you think it can arrive here before thursday? Can I cancel my appointment a day to the interview?

Na wa for your sch o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 4:21am On Jun 22, 2013
wabi_wabi_91:

For real? Your school wants you to pay in order for them to correct a mistake that they made? Wow.

Its quite pathetic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 22, 2013
@Ur I-20 can get to Nigeria before Thursday. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. DHL is really fast. Which school are you going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 8:24am On Jun 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2013
Please I need answers,
I have already been admitted to a Bsc in us and I will be attending interview next month and hopefully I will get de visa.
I already have my 1st degree here in nigeria, is it possible to apply to Msc once I get to usa and tranfer or move to a graduate school? Please how does it work?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:36am On Jun 22, 2013
yomifowe:

Congrats.Its time for fasting and praying o. God ll grant every1 of us our VISA desire. If u believe it, say a BIG Amen.It is well.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I will get my Visa in jesus name.. Amen!!!!!!

And come here to give my testimony.......

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:04am On Jun 22, 2013

@Valentijay, Seriously bro, if your parents or sponsor are NOT financially bouyant, it will be very difficult for you to cope with this school...

For crying out loud, they made a mistake on your i-20 and the mistake came from them and they are still giving you stupid conditions.... Veryy annoying.

This people will throw you out of their school Someday if you miss payment of tuition fee for a given period... I dislike schools like this. They are too money conscious..

This school WON'T joke with tuition fee ooo. They won't give you a breathing space.

There are Lots of schools in US that ACCEPT installmental payment of tuiton fee. You will just have to sign up for it.

I will advice you, If you are NOT financially buoyant, Just use them to get your visa and start looking for a better school without crazy conditions, and transfer to the New school..

That's just the fact I will tell u for now

Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 9:35am On Jun 22, 2013
Ope-Thanks:

AMEN.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 9:37am On Jun 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 9:43am On Jun 22, 2013
just wandering if peeps whilst waiting in the interview hall still use the restroom escape route to avoid some dreaded vo's...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by wabiwabi91: 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
valentijay:

Its quite pathetic

Is that so? You are saying it is pathetic. Instead of you to find a more reasonable school. I am not even sure that such an outlandish request is even legal. Don't be a learner my guy. Look for another school. I have never heard of such a silly request from an american university. It sounds like the kind of stuff you would hear from a Nigerian "abe- ile" school. Please be careful o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
Virgin ice thnks,Bigfrances my mentor grin grin dunno hw to tnk u ooo,it shall be well with u. I hav already collected dia emails (2 of my lecturers).d reason y I was asking is dat I hate going to my former skull even da Lectures dun lyk seen dia faces cos dia not always welcoming.pretend to b busy every day.could u imagine my transcript is not available uptill now since February.d last tym I checked, d exam officer wasn't around for da past 1wik n he is to sign it.anyway we kip on pushing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
Well-done to all the members of dis great forum. I want to throw my question open to all...Pls, i will be applyin 4 Fall, 2014 for graduate admission and I want to know d benefits of completing my application by Decemba 2013. Will d sch av to wait till d deadline period for application b4 making known my admission status or will they start processing it once av submitted d whole application package? Am asking dis cos av noticed dat we nw av a plethora of complains frm ppl abt their I-20 forms. I cogitated over dis and thot that wit earlier application maybe dis can be avoided. Am i ryt? Also, wot is d significance of earlier application on assistantshp securing? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
Hello guys, Pls I need your help on this;

I am filling another DS 160 form again to make some certain corrections

1. After I provided my Full name, there is also a part that says Full name in Native Language. Should I put my Full name there OR I should tick on "Do not Apply"

2. There is a part that says Contact person name in the US?. I have no one in the US. Should I tick on "Do not Know" OR I put the name of my School official that is indicated on my i-20 form

3. I am from Edo state. And there is a part that says. Do you belong to any tribe? Should I tick on YES or NO.

4. I want to be very sure. There is a part that says; Passport Type.. Am I to tick on Regular OR Other

Pls I need your asisstance and Suggestions as I don't want to make mistakes this time around.

Thnx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.