Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489461 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
@Dot1 from my own personal experience, when u r applying for a GA/tuition scholarship the deadline is usually earlier than students who aren't. So for me my deadline for fall 2013 was feb & I got my i-20 1st week of march n my school resumes Aug.(But they sent it thru DHL it took 3 days and I didn't have to pay anything only d normal application fee that is less than $100)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
Ricky Rozay:
I will try to answer ur ques to d best of my knowledge, but u need to stop worrying Ricky ok?

1. After I provided my Full name, there is also a part that says Full name in Native Language. Should I put my Full name there OR I should tick on "Do not Apply"

Click on 'do not apply' unless ur name is in chinese or something

2. There is a part that says Contact person name in the US?. I have no one in the US. Should I tick on "Do not Know" OR I put the name of my School official that is indicated on my i-20 form

Put the name of ur schoool official on ur i-20

3. I am from Edo state. And there is a part that says. Do you belong to any tribe? Should I tick on YES or NO.

I'm not sure about this one...

4. I want to be very sure. There is a part that says; Passport Type.. Am I to tick on Regular OR Other

Its regular ( ur not a diplomat or anything r u?)

Thnx.

Uwc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello guys, Pls I need your help on this;

I am filling another DS 160 form again to make some certain corrections

1. After I provided my Full name, there is also a part that says Full name in Native Language. Should I put my Full name there OR I should tick on "Do not Apply"

2. There is a part that says Contact person name in the US?. I have no one in the US. Should I tick on "Do not Know" OR I put the name of my School official that is indicated on my i-20 form

3. I am from Edo state. And there is a part that says. Do you belong to any tribe? Should I tick on YES or NO.

4. I want to be very sure. There is a part that says; Passport Type.. Am I to tick on Regular OR Other

Pls I need your asisstance and Suggestions as I don't want to make mistakes this time around.

Thnx.

1. "Do Not Apply"

2. Name of your school under Official

3. Yes

4. Regular

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
fittty:

1. "Do Not Apply"

2. Name of your school under Official

3. Yes

4. Regular

@Fitty, thnx for your response.

Regarding the 3rd question, I doubt if Edo is a Tribe. I'm thinking tribes should be Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa..

Or wht do u think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
teejay_GO01: @Dot1 from my own personal experience, when u r applying for a GA/tuition scholarship the deadline is usually earlier than students who aren't. So for me my deadline for fall 2013 was feb & I got my i-20 1st week of march n my school resumes Aug.(But they sent it thru DHL it took 3 days and I didn't have to pay anything only d normal application fee that is less than $100)
Thanks man, I got it. So early application is better. But can u pls explicate more on the bolded statement. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

@Fitty, thnx for your response.

Regarding the 3rd question, I doubt if Edo is a Tribe. I'm thinking tribes should be Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa..

Or wht do u think?

EDO is a tribe. Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa are the major tribes in nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
Dot1:
Thanks man, I got it. So early application is better. But can u pls explicate more on the bolded statement. Thanks

He meant he didn't pay to have his I20 and all 'dhled' to him.Everything was covered by the application fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
Dot1: Well-done to all the members of dis great forum. I want to throw my question open to all...Pls, i will be applyin 4 Fall, 2014 for graduate admission and I want to know d benefits of completing my application by Decemba 2013. Will d sch av to wait till d deadline period for application b4 making known my admission status or will they start processing it once av submitted d whole application package? Am asking dis cos av noticed dat we nw av a plethora of complains frm ppl abt their I-20 forms. I cogitated over dis and thot that wit earlier application maybe dis can be avoided. Am i ryt? Also, wot is d significance of earlier application on assistantshp securing? Thanks

Most schools will wait till the application deadline is over and they'll collect all the pllo of applications received and sit on all at the same time. However, all things being equal, early applicants will stand at a better chance of being considered especially for financial assistance than late applicants. What I mean is that if 4 applicants of the same academic level applied and 2 applied very early and 2 late, the earlier two will more likely be considered for the department's financial assistance such as teaching assistantships, research assistantships than the late 2. However, if all the early pool of applicants have all average students and towards the application deadline they receive an application(s) from a very exceptional record with perfect GRE score, the wizkid might outdo everyone and be considered first even though he applied late. grin

I've heard that some departments give admission on a rolling basis. Not so sure about this one. That is as the applications are coming in, every quarter or say month end they'll decide on the ones they have and wait again till their next decision time. Once again, I'm not sure of this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by riverboy: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2013
@valentijay... once u get ur i-20, go for ur interview after u get ur visa do as ricky rozay said, ie u transfer to another good school. i had a mistake on my 1st i-20, i mailed my school n they later sent me a new one via fedex n i didnt pay a kobo,even my normal school application fee was waived for me.. wish u success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2013
Dot1: Well-done to all the members of dis great forum. I want to throw my question open to all...Pls, i will be applyin 4 Fall, 2014 for graduate admission and I want to know d benefits of completing my application by Decemba 2013. Will d sch av to wait till d deadline period for application b4 making known my admission status or will they start processing it once av submitted d whole application package? Am asking dis cos av noticed dat we nw av a plethora of complains frm ppl abt their I-20 forms. I cogitated over dis and thot that wit earlier application maybe dis can be avoided. Am i ryt? Also, wot is d significance of earlier application on assistantshp securing? Thanks

Most schools will wait till the application deadline is over and they'll collect the pool of all applications received and sit on all at the same time. However, all things being equal, early applicants will stand at a better chance of being considered especially for financial assistance than late applicants. What I mean is that if 4 applicants of the same academic level applied and 2 applied very early and 2 late, the earlier two will more likely be considered for the department's financial assistance such as teaching assistantships, research assistantships than the late 2. However, if all the early pool of applicants have all been average students and towards the application deadline they receive an application(s) from a very exceptional record with perfect GRE score, the wizkid might outdo everyone and be considered first even though he applied late. grin

I've heard that some departments give admission on a rolling basis. Not so sure about this one. That is as the applications are coming in, every quarter or say month end they'll decide on the ones they have and wait again till their next decision time. Once again, I'm not sure of this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:19pm On Jun 22, 2013

Pls I need your asisstance and Suggestions as I don't want to make mistakes this time around.

Thnx.

Just do these that I've written. Its how others have been doing it. Your own shouldn't be different.

1) Do not apply. That option should have applied more to you if you were Chinese, Arabian or Jewish where their languages have a totally different system of writing whereby your name will have the Chinese, Arabic or Hebraic form.

2) Put in the name of your school and their educational contact. Its what I did.

3) Yes should be your answer. EDO IS A TRIBE.

4) Regular.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
ferdimako:

He meant he didn't pay to have his I20 and all 'dhled' to him.Everything was covered by the application fee.
bigfrancis21:

Most schools will wait till the application deadline is over and they'll collect all the pllo of applications received and sit on all at the same time. However, all things being equal, early applicants will stand at a better chance of being considered especially for financial assistance than late applicants. What I mean is that if 4 applicants of the same academic level applied and 2 applied very early and 2 late, the earlier two will more likely be considered for the department's financial assistance such as teaching assistantships, research assistantships than the late 2. However, if all the early pool of applicants have all average students and towards the application deadline they receive an application(s) from a very exceptional record with perfect GRE score, the wizkid might outdo everyone and be considered first even though he applied late. grin

Thanks for d limpid explanation. Itz very incisive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
Yes! I submitted lastyr early dec for a 2013 fall admsn. I got my offer letter jan 15. I was one of d few students dat was given offer letter early from wat my dept secretary said. I also got assistanshp for phD. My frnd and I submitted same week though e wanted spring admsn(jan), I dint want spring cos I dint want to compete wit him for assistnshp because e ad jus finish his masters @ cardiff (UK) wit a distinction and I don't av masters. Dis implies dat if I ad submitted for spring, I may av lost d admsn cos e was d only student offered admsn dat semester. Therefore, d earlier u apply, d better. Though He applied late for spring but e has outstnding docs (d guy is fire in book).someone who submit bfor/with him wud av lower chance.
Acceptance are basically based on ur doc and early submission too.wish u luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
@dot1, d bolded $100 means wen d guy applied, e payed application fee $100,got d admsn, was sent his I20 w/o him payin anoda fee like oda schs. Some schs make u pay shipping fee for I20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Just do these that I've written. Its how others have been doing it. Your own shouldn't be different.

1) Do not apply. That option should have applied more to you if you were Chinese, Arabian or Jewish where their languages have a totally different system of writing whereby your name will have the Chinese, Arabic or Hebraic form.

2) Put in the name of your school and their educational contact. Its what I did.

3) Yes should be your answer. EDO IS A TRIBE.

4) Regular.

Thnx bro, you are so on point!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by worry359(m): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
Morris
If you are already having one degree and are applying for another Bsc
you will find it very difficult to convince VO to give you visa.

You must apply for higher qualification and get accepted for that, then, apply for visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 5:18pm On Jun 22, 2013
virgin ice: @dot1, d bolded $100 means wen d guy applied, e payed application fee $100,got d admsn, was sent his I20 w/o him payin anoda fee like oda schs. Some schs make u pay shipping fee for I20
Thanks alot for ur posts. Dey've been helpful. I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
Hello room, i really need your help. Im moving to cyprus just to get a visa to america. But the problem is that american schools are so expensive. I really need to know how i can get the cheapest school in america including how to get a scholarship for a bachelor degree. Though to some people this question might sound somehow but im so serious. Please try to help me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by midi20: 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
worry 359: Morris
If you are already having one degree and are applying for another Bsc
you will find it very difficult to convince VO to give you visa.

You must apply for higher qualification and get accepted for that, then, apply for visa.

Fact. Don't fight it. You need to start looking for a reasonable response to this. God help u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nigerianphoenix: 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
Hello again,
My school resumes in mid-august. In my DS-160, I stated that I would be travelling in early August. I want to participate in a special community service pre-orientation program. Will this disparity between the dates pose a problem during my interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2013
Not at all
Wish u success in ur interview
nigerianphoenix: Hello again,
My school resumes in mid-august. In my DS-160, I stated that I would be travelling in early August. I want to participate in a special community service pre-orientation program. Will this disparity between the dates pose a problem during my interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2013
Please if you see available dates for Abuja do let us know. So many people are waiting for it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nigerianphoenix: 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
Morris: Please house,
Am going for my f1 visa interview at abuja on
17th july and the company sponsoring me its
also my employer.
so I have been give the company 6months bank
statement with a
closing balance of 52million starting from 8th
Dec 2012- 8th of may 2013,
Becoz they have a lot of debit starting from
may ending down to date. Please will this be
accepted by the embassy? Will this be a
problem? I need some replies pls

Please go with your bank statement as it is. The embassy doesn't require that your statement be dated in the same month of your interview. Moreover, its still very recent - May. Your case is just exactly what I advised somebody here, Eucharia or so, to do. You're good to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentino81(m): 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
Pls, after submission of refrence letter by refree to d schl, is there any docs he wud need 2 supply to back it up or to show d authencity of d refree? One of my refree instisted knowing d details. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2013
Morris: Please I need answers,
I have already been admitted to a Bsc in us
and I will be attending interview next month
and hopefully I will get de visa.
I already have my 1st degree here in nigeria, is
it possible to apply to Msc once I get to usa
and tranfer or move to a graduate school?
Please how does it work?.
Someone shuld reply me pls

You should focus first on trying to get your visa, given your age. Since you already have your first degree and are working, I guess you should be in your mid/late twenties. If you are, you must try to come up with good reasons as to why you're going for your undergraduate degree now. Adult undergraduate cases are not a pleasant sight for the VOs but if you explain your case very well you'll get the visa. The VO will want to know what you've been doing all these while since secondary school. Please don't mention to the VO that you have a undergraduate degree already and still going for another undergraduate degree. Instead give him a well-prepared history of how you did ND at xxxx polytechnic from this year to that year, then went for HND at yyyy polytechnic from that year to another year, then went for service for a year, then got employed with your HND degree and have been working ever since. All these are just to close your gap in history. If I remember clearly, you're the one who said you're going for an undergraduate degree in Business Administration whose business-focused job ignited the passion to go for this degree. You then tell him how you're stay on the job motivated you to apply for this degree and go for it. How your company is willing to sponsor you study to better handle managerial roles in the company. All these are tips I'm giving you. Its then left to you to choose to use them, modify them to better suit you or not use them. If you feel you have something else better, ok.

When you get to the US, you can do your masters there. But you must have to apply for it for the next coming semester, which is Spring 2014. You can't just ask to jump from Bachelors to Masters while still doing Bachelors in your same school. Not possible. You'll have to apply for it either in your school or another school. You make sure you travel with all necessary documents you'll need to apply for your masters. By now you should have had 1 or 2 schools in mind you wish to apply to for masters, or even in your same school. Meanwhile as you're on the application process you'll be enrolled in school and attending classes as an undergraduate to ensure that you remain legal or in-status. If you don't enroll in school as expected, you fall out of status and that is a huge immigration offense that attracts serious consequences and will affect your chances of getting the green card if you have that in mind. Then when your application pulls through, you'll then contact USCIS (or is it the SEVIS board or the unit in charge of keeping records of international students) informing them of your intent to change school (if you'll be changing to another school) and/or educational program and level. All things being equal, you should be resuming your masters by January next year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
valentino81: Pls, after submission of refrence letter by refree to d schl, is there any docs he wud need 2 supply to back it up or to show d authencity of d refree? One of my refree instisted knowing d details. Thanks

No. Your referee submits the reference online. That's it. If the school needs anything extra from your recommender, they'll contact him using the email address or mobile number you supplied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2013

I jus finished filling mine and ders no question like do you belong to any tribe? What section did you find that question

Thnx.

I jus finished filling mine and ders no question like do you belong to any tribe? Under what section did u find that question?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentino81(m): 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2013
thanks. God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.