Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488323 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
idusystem: Pls I'm new on this forum infact I was referred to this forum by a friend of mine. I applied to NCCU for MPA (Master in Public Admin). I was denied visa in my first interview on 10 of June. I have applied again. Pls I need help.
Below was my last encounter with vo:

me: good morning
vo: pass me ur document
me: I gave her My doc
Thank u.

Your interview went well !!! But from line 8 I think that's were the problem lies, working for α coy for 12yrs doesn't mean they can sponsor you.
Secondly, the V0 believes u have not confuse him/her why the coy want †̥o sponsor u. So work on that area.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Congratulations! Our first Abuja success story in a long while!cheesy

@Bolded: Geez. Menn...how do they expect you to know all that? If you as a student can know all that then you're the potential immigrant they are looking for nau...grin

Wait o, seems like these guys have changed their interview tactics.

...I hope those VOs have not stumbled across this dear thread of ours and decided to change tactics. shocked

I think those are things you should know as you don't want to be caught unawares during winter, whenever you were choosing your school you must have sought information on other stuffs around you can enjoy and also, you should know the state where the school is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello guys, I think it's high time we come out clean and Voice out the Difficulties we are facing...

Let's be our brothers keepers.. Let's try to show love to one another.. Let's help one another. I think that is why this thread was created.

Please I have a suggestion to make, It is Regarding the issue of this Stressful SEVIS FEE payment,

Why can't we get or Vote a RELIABLE and TRUSTED member of this thread who stays in the US to volunteer to help prospective US students pay for SEVIS FEE in the US..

Please I think it's high time we think of moving this USA student visa thread to the Next level..

And We won't mind Adding $ 10 or 20 to the $200 of the SEVIS FEE for the stress the person went through paying it in the US or if the person still insist on doing it for free at NO cost then we just need to pay him ONLY the $200 then no probs about that. We be higly grateful..

For Example, Look at Bigfrancis, the guy volunteered to send GRE and GMAT materials to everyone for Free at No cost.. This is what we Call love... Brotherly love.. I just have so much love for that guy....

So if Bigfrancis can do this, then why can't a HUMBLE and TRUSTED member of this forum help out.

I know so many peeps have traveled out to the US thru the help of this thread. Let's try to Give back to this thread wht we have benefited from it.

OR what do u guys think.. It's just a suggestion... Or if possible Mr moderator Justwise, you can volunteer to help us out. Lol!! Or what do u tink.

I hope u won't close this post ooo. Abeg justwise, let's see if we can get someone to step forward for us and we will elect him as our Sevis fee Financial Manager... Lol!!

Let's put an End to this Traveling all the way to Cotonou to pay Just SEVIS fee and going through hell over dere and paying more than the amount you budgeted for there

When I know we have Some TRUSTED members here on this forum who have NO criminal intention and who are already in the US that can willingly volunteer to help everyone out here

What do u guys tink.. It's just a suggestion.

Its not about getting a trusted fellow however, the challenge is people's impatience turning you off and also, the fact that most people may not be convenient disclosing the person behind their moniker. I don't think the fee is up to $10 if you have someone who uses GTBank as the person can always withdraw to make the payment. Overall, it is a very nice suggestion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
fadex56: Helo house,
i applied to concord university dis year 2ru an agent of wich he cllected 60k from me excluding visa fee and sevis fee but he failed to get me my i-20 in time. My reasn for going 2ru an agent is because of d bank statement wich my sponspor dnt have upto that amount in his account. So how could i get a bank statement without consulting any agent? Becos i wanna enroll for 2014 spring semester. Wating please..............

Be mindful of all these agents as you may not be able to tell if the bank statement is genuine or otherwise. Better to tell your friends who you think themselves or their parents can help based on the trust developed overtime than an agent who loses nothing destroying you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2013
imperiouxx: To the new visa celebs,

Cheers pals!

To gboyegaD,

It's nice seeing you around here once more, at least keeping hope of new members alive. This for you sir

Oga, where have you been? Abeg, inbox me your number asap as my cousin did a reset on my phone whenever I got back and I lost all my contacts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tonymeskere(m): 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
In this Month of July the Lord Jesus says...
I will shield you from your enemies. (Gen. 15:1)
I will deliver you from your enemies. I will give you revelation knowledge. I will give you the Kingdom. (Ex. 6:5-cool
I will give you My righteousness. I will give you mercy. I will forgive your sins. (Ex. 24:cool
I will Sabbath with you continually. (Ex. 31:16)
I will give you prosperity and abundance. I will give you favor. (Lev. 26:9, 10)
I will remember you and your nation. (Lev. 26:42)
I will forgive you if you backslide. (Lev. 26:44, 45)
I will love you forever. (Deut. 7:9)
I will bless you and your children. (Nu. 18:19)
I will give you peace (peace within and without) (Nu. 25:12)
I will never abandon you. I will never cause you to be destroyed. (Deut. 4:31)
I give you the Mount Horeb experience (Baptism by the fire of the Spirit). (Deut. 5:23)
I give you faithful and eternal love. (Deut. 7:9)
I will give you wealth. (Deut. 8:18)
I will make you to prosper in al
l that you do. (Deut. 29:9)
I will be your inheritance. (Deut. 8:9)
I will seal you with My Spirit. (Deut. 29:12,13)
I will go on ahead of you. I will carry you when the flow is against you.
(Josh. :11-17)
I will cause your enemies to fall. (Josh. 6:1-20)
I will wash away your sin once and for all time, and once and for all men and once and for all sin. (Matt. 26:28)
I will rescue you. (Luke 1:72)
I will make your offspring a blessing to others. (Acts 3:25)
I will covenant with you through bread and wine. (1 Cor. 11:25,26)
I will give you life through my Holy Spirit. (2 Cor. 3:6)
I will lift the veil from your eyes. I will cause you to see things as My Spirit sees them.
I will cause you to experience My glory. I will transform you into My likeness. (2 Cor. 3:6-18)
I will give you the covenant promises of Abraham and his seed. I will give you
Salvation. I will make you sons of God and Abraham’s seed. I will make you heirs of the Kingdom. (Gal. 3:15-22,24;26-29)
So shall it be now and forever more. If you agree with the Lord type 'Amen"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2013
tonymeskere: In this Month of July the Lord Jesus says...
I will deliver you from your enemies. I will give you revelation knowledge. I will give you the Kingdom. (Ex. 6:5-cool
I will give you My righteousness. I will give you mercy. I will forgive your sins. (Ex. 24:cool
I will give you prosperity and abundance. I will give you favor. (Lev. 26:9, 10)
I give you the Mount Horeb experience (Baptism by the fire of the Spirit). (Deut. 5:23)
I will wash away your sin once and for all time, and once and for all men and once and for all sin. (Matt. 26:28)
I will lift the veil from your eyes. I will cause you to see things as My Spirit sees them.
I will cause you to experience My glory. I will transform you into My likeness. (2 Cor. 3:6-18)
Salvation. I will make you sons of God and Abraham’s seed. I will make you heirs of the Kingdom. (Gal. 3:15-22,24;26-29)

AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN.....
I CLAIM IT BY FIRE BY FORCE..... IN JESUS NAME!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
I need help and i need someone to tell me how i can get SEVIS fee pay in SEME or CONTONU... I need direction and do i have to take dollars down to SEME or COTONU and get this done?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
Walspring: I need help and i need someone to tell me how i can get SEVIS fee pay in SEME or CONTONU... I need direction and do i have to take dollars down to SEME or COTONU and get this done?

I got this long info from part 3 of this thread and saved it on my phone since, even though I didn't use it. I'm sure it'll be of help to you....

-------------
We have discussed this several times but let me still reiterate. I want to break it down into steps:

1. Photocopy your passport and I-20 form.

2. Go to mile2 and enter a cab going to SEME border. Not sure how much the T.fare is now, just ask anyone where Cabs going to SEME border are.

3. When you get to the border, take a bike and inform the Okada man that you are going to ECO bank.There is one ECOBANK before you cross the border, that's Nigeria's ECOBANK.There is another ECOBANK when you cross, that's your destination.

4. The Immigration guys will stop you for sure.They will ask for your passport and ask if you have foreign currency. Pls, don't give your money to okada man. Some may request this from you that they will help you to cross with it so that you won't tip those guys.Pls, don't be penny wise.

5. They have about 5 points you are going to cross. If you tip for just 1k at the first point, tell the Immigration guys b4 you pay that they will give you some1 to take you along the other 4points.If you didn't request for this, you will tip at 5points.Talk with boldness.Max you can tip 2k.Those guys are thieves.They can just hijack your phone to hold you to ransom and request for 5k tip.Be smart with them.

6. Now when you get to ECOBANK, just tell the cashier you want to pay for SEVIS fee.They understand this wella.

7. The Cashier will write you 200dollars equivalence in CFA/235 dollars equivalence in CFA if you are paying for courier delivery. The last time I went 200dollars = 119,000CFA = 38k naira.You know currency flunctuates. ### Okay, lemme add what Kunsoft just said, the bank will charge you 6,000 naira.

8.The cashier will direct you to the security guys. They will accompany you to a reliable Exchanger.Don't give bank security guys anything cos those exchanger appreciate them.

9. You get back to the bank, a girl will help you fill the Western Union form. The Cashier will request for your I-20 form so that they wont make mistake and request for photocopy of your passport so that they wont make mistake in your name.

10.When you are through, ask the security guy to point a reliable Okada man to you among those that queue in front of the bank. The Okada man will hold you fone and any other valuables with you so that you wont give any tip while coming back.

11. When you cross the border, enter cab for 800/1k back to Mile 2.

Hope this is clear enough, save journey!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
olarwarlay:

I got this long info from part 3 of this thread and saved it on my phone since, even though I didn't use it. I'm sure it'll be of help to you....

-------------
We have discussed this several times but let me still reiterate. I want to break it down into steps:

1. Photocopy your passport and I-20 form.

2. Go to mile2 and enter a cab going to SEME border. Not sure how much the T.fare is now, just ask anyone where Cabs going to SEME border are.

3. When you get to the border, take a bike and inform the Okada man that you are going to ECO bank.There is one ECOBANK before you cross the border, that's Nigeria's ECOBANK.There is another ECOBANK when you cross, that's your destination.

4. The Immigration guys will stop you for sure.They will ask for your passport and ask if you have foreign currency. Pls, don't give your money to okada man. Some may request this from you that they will help you to cross with it so that you won't tip those guys.Pls, don't be penny wise.

5. They have about 5 points you are going to cross. If you tip for just 1k at the first point, tell the Immigration guys b4 you pay that they will give you some1 to take you along the other 4points.If you didn't request for this, you will tip at 5points.Talk with boldness.Max you can tip 2k.Those guys are thieves.They can just hijack your phone to hold you to ransom and request for 5k tip.Be smart with them.

6. Now when you get to ECOBANK, just tell the cashier you want to pay for SEVIS fee.They understand this wella.

7. The Cashier will write you 200dollars equivalence in CFA/235 dollars equivalence in CFA if you are paying for courier delivery. The last time I went 200dollars = 119,000CFA = 38k naira.You know currency flunctuates.

8.The cashier will direct you to the security guys. They will accompany you to a reliable Exchanger.Don't give bank security guys anything cos those exchanger appreciate them.

9. You get back to the bank, a girl will help you fill the Western Union form. The Cashier will request for your I-20 form so that they wont make mistake and request for photocopy of your passport so that they wont make mistake in your name.

10.When you are through, ask the security guy to point a reliable Okada man to you among those that queue in front of the bank. The Okada man will hold you fone and any other valuables with you so that you wont give any tip while coming back.

11. When you cross the border, enter cab for 800/1k back to Mile 2.

Hope this is clear enough, save journey!

NOTE The Bank will charge you 6k for Bank Charges. N6k = 18kcfa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sirkay09(m): 9:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
Good evening everyone...Pls i want you guys to give me address to any IELTS centre in Ibadan...Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
. AMEN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2013

Amen.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2013

Amen!! Thanks for the inspirational word
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kizzo147: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
AMEN AMEN AMEN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
AMIN!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 11:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
To all folks who got their Visas - I say a very big congratulations. I am so happy for you guys.

@ Teejay: I am so happy for you. Welcome to Obama land - Home of the brave.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:02am On Jul 02, 2013
Whats going on in the house, I am so sorry i have been off this thread for so long. School has been so hectic for me. But finally its summer time and i aint taking summer classes. Its time for flexing babe cheesy. I have missed this forum so so much. I hope i didnt miss much sha...Abeg who and who don get visa for here from people wey i know because to read from where i stop last na war o....I wish everyone success in whatever their plans are. Happy New month errbody. smiley

PS. where is my main man Imperiouxx. and our mama dem for house...Yvete, mamacita and co. I hail o grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:10am On Jul 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Thanks bawse! You're the main man. Please don't leave us here. cry The thread misses our main guru.

Bigfrancis...Anamekene oooo...Nwannem smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:14am On Jul 02, 2013
My advise, carry out extensive research, the interview doesnt always follow a particular trend or pattern.. a chic was asked how cold her school is as in average temperature year round and what is a must have as an international student, another was asked how will he get into his school, which airline, flight route and closest airport to his school. location of school in terms of geography(north, west, south east), which states share border and what is the state known for.... funny questions right?

Mehn see question....why that kinda question...geographical position of the school..hehe..dat one na die hard VO...what has a student got to do with the temperature of the school at that moment of interview...Well one just have to prepare extensively for this our oga dem...Nice one and Good for you. Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 5:00am On Jul 02, 2013
You are right. But, we've advised that applicants should know general things about their schools..General information about the school. Location, Geographical location in the USA (Midwest, South, West, North, etc). Also, know basic information like when the school was established, how far is the school from the capital city, popular alumni,population size of city where d school is situated and correct pronunciation of names. Illinois "s" is silent ..Tennessee as ten-uh-see..An applicant called Tennessee like Tennis..Imagine that... If you don't know all these, it may not really harm but knowing it send a signal to the consular that the applicant knows what he's doing....Just know general info. All These can be found on the school website.

Anthonymighty:
My advise, carry out extensive research, the interview doesnt always follow a particular trend or pattern.. a chic was asked how cold her school is as in average temperature year round and what is a must have as an international student, another was asked how will he get into his school, which airline, flight route and closest airport to his school. location of school in terms of geography(north, west, south east), which states share border and what is the state known for.... funny questions right?

Mehn see question....why that kinda question...geographical position of the school..hehe..dat one na die hard VO...what has a student got to do with the temperature of the school at that moment of interview...Well one just have to prepare extensively for this our oga dem...Nice one and Good for you. Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2013
Anthonymighty:

Anthonymighty hope u cool?? The house misses u bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2013
@Mighty Anthony
Good to see you on here again, how was your trip? Hope you enjoy yourself wella. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 8:34am On Jul 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Forget the address issue. That is not a problem. Print your online SEVIS receipt and take to the embassy. Shikena! Stop giving yourself unnecessary problems. The embassy also accepts online receipts.

Please for those paying SEVIS and those who have paid, stop worrying about address and hardcopy receipts. The online receipt is also accepted at the embassy. Many members have gone with their online receipts to the interview and all were accepted. The most important thing is that your SEVIS fee payment appears online because at the embassy, your SEVIS fee payment will be verified online before you do the interview.

From July/August this year, SEVIS will stop mailing out hardcopies of receipts. All SEVIS receipts will now be printed online.

Thanks Bro. i am grateful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:08am On Jul 02, 2013
AMEN!!! @ tonymeskere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2013
Welcome back to the thread Anthonymighty... It's good to have you back smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by StFrank2(m): 9:12am On Jul 02, 2013
August1 is open for everyone who needs to schedule appointment at abuja... just done mine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:13am On Jul 02, 2013
Kunsoft:

NOTE The Bank will charge you 6k for Bank Charges. N6k = 18kcfa.

Thanks for the latest info bro, you know i didn't use the Cotonou route and i got the post from Part 3.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2013
Anthonymighty:

Ezigbo oyi m! E keneka m gi o. Kee ka o si aga n'obodo oyibo?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.