Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,510 members, 7,850,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489414 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nigerianphoenix: 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
How do I compare prices and book my flight to the USA?

P.S: This is my sneaky way of telling you guys that my visa application was approved in Abuja today. The interview didn't take more than one minute.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by riverboy: 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
nigerianphoenix: How do I compare prices and book my flight to the USA?

P.S: This is my sneaky way of telling you guys that my visa application was approved in Abuja today. The interview didn't take more than one minute.
congrats bro!!!! mke u share ur interview with the house na..cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2013

So lucky bro !!! Congrat †̥o u and do share Ur interview for the house!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nigerianphoenix: 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
VO: Hi! How are you?
Me: Fine, thank you.
VO: Pass me your documents
(he looks through the documents and types some things on the computer. Another VO walks up to him and they discuss something for about a minute)
VO: Sorry for the delay. So you're applying for a student visa?
Me: Yes, I am
VO: And you're going to <insert name of top 5 US university here>
Me: Yes, I am.
VO: That's a great school
Me: (smiling) Thank you (Don't ask me what I was thanking him for. I was nervous)
VO: And they gave you great financial aid. Why do you think they did that?
Me: It was based on academic merit and financial need.
VO: You want to study liberal arts and sciences.
Me: Well, yes. But, I plan to major in biological chemistry with a focus on endocrinology.
VO: Wow, and what will you use that for?
Me: I want to work on the use of hormonal therapy to cure psychological disorders such as schizophrenia.
VO: (Nods.) That's great. So you're 17?
Me: yes, I am.
VO: (Looks behind me) And that's your dad?
Me: Yes.
VO: Ok. Congratulations. Your visa application has been approved. And you can soo sooo (I stopped listening after congratulations)
Me: Thank you very much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
nigerianphoenix: VO: Hi! How are you?
VO: Ok. Congratulations. Your visa application has been approved. And you can soo sooo (I stopped listening after congratulations)

Happy for u man. Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by wabiwabi91: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2013

Congratulations, and its great that your school gave you financial aid. To compare tickets, I'd suggest www.wakanow.com. I don't know if justwise will delete the suggestion sha. Right now, a one-way ticket from Lagos to Atlanta is 350k via Delta Airlines. These guys aren't smiling o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by deejayterabyte(m): 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
Good Evening house,

i have been having problems trying to pay my visa fee at GTB, is anyone having the same problem? i tried yesterday and today, but the bank said the visa payment module is not coming up, I even tried to make the payment through my online banking, same problem

Please i need your advise

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by wabiwabi91: 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hello House,

I tried to pick up my passport from VFS at Oregun today but I was told to go to DHL House Isolo. Can anyone on here tell me how I can get to this DHL House from Ojodu Berger?

I am thinking of going from Ojodu to Ikeja, from Ikeja to NAHCO near the airport, taking a bus from NAHCO to Oshodi, alighting at the bridge near DHL House and walking to the place.

Is this the easiest way to get there? Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
Congrats @ Nigerianphoenix cheesy enjoy ur stay @ USA. Nice course too wink wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Ezigbo oyi m! E keneka m gi o. Kee ka o si aga n'obodo oyibo?

Nna eh...Odiro easy....ndi America ne wiwe'oku...Ke maka visa interview gi..??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2013

Wow..you are 17? Thats great. Congrats and welcome to an advanced country. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
Omo aye kiloshele longest time na wha for u, u don bone us already gbogbo aye for brazil wit ur brazilian chick u fink say i don forget abi kiakiakiakia
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:40am On Jul 03, 2013

Congrats, boy!
As for the comparison you want to make, you can try it but in the end you'll still find out that emirates is the cheapest. They are way too cheaper than other airlines. You might not want to bother yourself comparing and book directly with emirates. http://fly4.emirates.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:45am On Jul 03, 2013
Anthonymighty:

Nna eh...Odiro easy....ndi America ne wiwe'oku...Ke maka visa interview gi..??

Ya ka m na-eche ka m jee mee. Mbosi ya na fa elute nso. Chukwu ka ife niine di n'aka.

A ma m na I na-enyenu lecturers gi assignment? cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Ya ka m na-eche ka m jee mee. Mbosi ya na fa elute nso. Chukwu ka ife niine di n'aka.

A ma m na I na-enyenu lecturers gi assignment? cool

Jesus is Lord

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Puvguy: 5:39am On Jul 03, 2013
VO: Pass me your documents
(he looks through the documents and types some things on the computer. Another VO walks up to him and they discuss something for about a minute)
VO: Sorry for the delay. So you're applying for a student visa?
Me: Yes, I am
VO: And you're going to <insert name of top 5 US university here>
Me: Yes, I am.
VO: That's a great school
Me: (smiling) Thank you (Don't ask me what I was thanking him for. I was nervous)
VO: And they gave you great financial aid. Why do you think they did that?
Me: It was based on academic merit and financial need.
VO: You want to study liberal arts and sciences.
Me: Well, yes. But, I plan to major in biological chemistry with a focus on endocrinology.
VO: Wow, and what will you use that for?
Me: I want to work on the use of hormonal therapy to cure psychological disorders such as schizophrenia.

A big congratulation. You are way too composed for your age. And quite academically sound too. I see big things for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:24am On Jul 03, 2013
I.Joan:

Jesus is Lord

Hahaha. What's up with the smileys? grin You don't understand what I wrote? Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 8:25am On Jul 03, 2013

Congrate bro am so happy for u, u can checkout www.emirates.com. Is more affordable. Saffe trip man! Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2013
wabi_wabi_91:

Congratulations, and its great that your school gave you financial aid. To compare tickets, I'd suggest www.wakanow.com. I don't know if justwise will delete the suggestion sha. Right now, a one-way ticket from Lagos to Atlanta is 350k via Delta Airlines. These guys aren't smiling o.

I wil suggest you do New York as there are many options and then book from New York to your final destination.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 9:42am On Jul 03, 2013
Good day, Please i want to confirm if the visa appointment confirmation to take to the embassy is to be printed from the mail they sent after successfully booking. I printed mine from my yahoomail so it has yahoo on the printed copy is there a problem with that? Secondly, pls can you help me list out the major things to take along for student visa interview. My interview is scheduled for next week. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:52am On Jul 03, 2013

Congrats and wonderful interview you got there. Wish you the very best in your pursuit and enjoy your stay in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 11:34am On Jul 03, 2013
hi nairalanders......
i have been following this forum for a while....i have been denied my student visa the third time in abuja interviewed by the same consular again.but this time around a different denial form from the once i have been previously given was given to me,that says i can re apply at any point in time showing some particular document at the time of my interview when interviewed by a consular.docs like school ties ,family ties, residentials and work that will compel me to return after a temporary visit to the united states.can any one help with what im going to tell consular this time around to convince him or her.pls i need response as i do not wanna miss this fall admission again.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 11:43am On Jul 03, 2013
Hi everyone. I am going for my interview next wk. When I am asked 'may i have your documents pls?', can i add my company's introduction letter? Pls reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:59am On Jul 03, 2013
yomifowe: Hi everyone. I am going for my interview next wk. When I am asked 'may i have your documents pls?', can i add my company's introduction letter? Pls reply.

Any other document you think is important and favorable to your interview is worth it, even if not specifically stated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
Hi good people.

Please, when the VO ask for my documents, am I suppose to give him/her all my documents as I have too many documents (official, academics, state documents and even pictures to show prove my marriage) or which specific ones should I present? or can I ask him/her to be specific?

Also, I need format for study leave with pay letter, company introduction letter and a letter that specify the bond within me and my company. these documents can be sent to fuad@folu-oso.com. Thanks.

kindly reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
I think the basic documents are admission letter, I-20, DS-160 confirmation page and passport. Later, the VO will request other supporting docs like bank statement, academic certificates, ties (if any), etc. Some specify what they want.

foohard: Hi good people.

Please, when the VO ask for my documents, am I suppose to give him/her all my documents as I have too many documents (official, academics, state documents and even pictures to show prove my marriage) or which specific ones should I present? or can I ask him/her to be specific?

Also, I need format for study leave with pay letter, company introduction letter and a letter that specify the bond within me and my company. these documents can be sent to fuad@folu-oso.com. Thanks.

kindly reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
For House to help, Can you pls share your 3 experiences at the embassy..Also, share a little detail about urself. The school you intend going (University/College), your age, sponsor, etc... It's very easy to get deny several times at US embassy if the VO discovered any little inconsistency. If one of your responses in the second interview was different from the first interview, that's denial. Applicants use microphone at the embassy not just for amplification but to record every responses and have the transcript on their database..

let's have your detail.

Never give up.

risher ris: hi nairalanders......
i have been following this forum for a while....i have been denied my student visa the third time in abuja interviewed by the same consular again.but this time around a different denial form from the once i have been previously given was given to me,that says i can re apply at any point in time showing some particular document at the time of my interview when interviewed by a consular.docs like school ties ,family ties, residentials and work that will compel me to return after a temporary visit to the united states.can any one help with what im going to tell consular this time around to convince him or her.pls i need response as i do not wanna miss this fall admission again.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
What's the company's introduction letter all about? If the letter is about sponsorship, you will present this when you get to sponsor's session of the interview.

yomifowe: Hi everyone. I am going for my interview next wk. When I am asked 'may i have your documents pls?', can i add my company's introduction letter? Pls reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Guys,

sometimes direct flight to some locations could be expensive (due to low influx), try some nearby locations. It could save you a lot though it may be stressful. But, for me I don't really see a stress in it. It's just to be moving bags around in the airport or at worse, sleep in the airport.

For example, if your school is in Chicago and you get a very cheap flight to New York . Air Maroc always go to New York at a very cheap rate. Sometimes 150 - 160k. New York to Chicago local flight can't cost you more than $200 (if you can book early). Though, it may be stressful especially for a first time traveler. But, if this saves you something like 70 - 80k, pls go through the stress.

Note: watch the time differences while booking local flight or train.

wabi_wabi_91:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
foohard: Hi good people.

kindly reply.

Sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ope-Thanks:

I have helped a couple of friends with the payment of the SEVIS (I know Jimtosam has done same too, because we are in the same school). However, I don't think I like the part where I have to fill the PDF form. Well if you find someone who is willing, that will be a good idea. For me, when it comes to money dealings, I don't think I like it, especially when it's not a known person. They soon start getting impatient and that part is what I cannot put up with. The other thing is that the SEVIS fee does not get updated immediately: even known friends starts getting agitated in not time.

I think you should ask them to fill the PDF form with their details on it and save it.. After that they should attach the filled PDF to your email.. All you have to do is for you to just print the filled PDF.. Sorry to hear that they cant exercise patient

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.