Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,684 members, 7,851,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489441 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
wabi_wabi_91:

Congratulations, and its great that your school gave you financial aid. To compare tickets, I'd suggest www.wakanow.com. I don't know if justwise will delete the suggestion sha. Right now, a one-way ticket from Lagos to Atlanta is 350k via Delta Airlines. These guys aren't smiling o.

Delta Airline is too expensive... Try emirate and others cos you will see below 200K
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hallengray(m): 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
Please i need help, trying to book a date at the embassy but i have no date available. My school resumes next month. Pls how do i go about this. Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
Bigfrancis. . .annonymous . . .i salute! 8-)
guys abeg help me
. . . .

is there still space in august for visa appointments ?

What will GT bank give me after 160 usd payment?

What information does d ds-160 need from d GT bank reciept ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
Thanks alot babsharon.

Please help answer my questions as regards the documents... Also, waiting to hear from bigfrancis and other gurus in the house.
Regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
foohard: Thanks alot babsharon.

Please help answer my questions as regards the documents... Also, waiting to hear from bigfrancis and other gurus in the house.
Regards.

Jimtosam have answered your question !!! Go get ur visa bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by wabiwabi91: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
Walspring:

Delta Airline is too expensive... Try emirate and others cos you will see below 200K

Thanks for the protip. I've checked Emirates and you were right- Lagos to Houston was around US$1k. Those Delta guys are not even serious.

@ ALL: If any dates for Lagos become available please let me know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
@Morris @BigFrancis, nice 1 brodas #salute!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
the point is .....during my very first interview, i was very nervous.the consular did not even request any docs from me.he asked a few questions that i did answered well but he still denied me.the second interview, my interviewer said he s not in the position to issue me a visa right now that he s not the one that denied me that was last spring and this fall again i was interviewed by the same guy that interviewed me the very first time he asked a few questions too and did not request any document from mebut he asked a question i did not answer really well,he said why did i choose that very location?and i told him i have not being to the united states before and how will i know what what and what is in the location...and he asked some few questions afterwards and i did answer well but this time around he gave me a separate denial form still under section 214b that says i should re apply at any time by submitting a new application, photo and pay visa fee to be interviewed by a consular........thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
[/quote][/b]
risher ris: the point is .....during my very first interview, i was very nervous.the consular did not even request any docs from me.he asked a few questions that i did answered well but he still denied me.the second interview, my interviewer said he s not in the position to issue me a visa right now that he s not the one that denied me that was last spring and this fall again i was interviewed by the same guy that interviewed me the very first time he asked a few questions too and did not request any document from mebut he asked a question i did not answer really well,he said why did i choose that very location?and i told him i have not being to the united states before and how will i know what what and what is in the location...and he asked some few questions afterwards and i did answer well but this time around he gave me a separate denial form still under section 214b that says i should re apply at any time by submitting a new application, photo and pay visa fee to be interviewed by a consular........thanks
Oh! That response of yours was harsh to the VO. In my opinion, please, read about the school and come out with one or two things that fascinate you about the state or location. Read as many interviews as possible from this thread and with God's backing, the Visa shall be yours.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Please who Knows how many hours is Lagos to Los Angeles?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
nomso27: Bigfrancis. . .annonymous . . .i salute! 8-)
guys abeg help me
. . . .

yes. but dates are released piecemeal by the embassy. keep checking their site as well as this thread.

they will give u a receipt. you need the receipt number to book an appointment and to present the receipt at the embassy before your interview

I don't think the DS160 needs anything from the MRV receipt (gt receipt) but I'm not sure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2013

Regards.

the biometrics people would av arranged the initial docs u need to present to the VO for you so when the VO asks, just give it to him/her like that.
the VO will request specifically for any other document he thinks is relevant.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
risher ris: the point is .....during my very first interview, i was very nervous.the consular did not even request any docs from me.he asked a few questions that i did answered well but he still denied me.the second interview, my interviewer said he s not in the position to issue me a visa right now that he s not the one that denied me that was last spring and this fall again i was interviewed by the same guy that interviewed me the very first time he asked a few questions too and did not request any document from mebut he asked a question i did not answer really well,he said why did i choose that very location?and i told him i have not being to the united states before and how will i know what what and what is in the location...and he asked some few questions afterwards and i did answer well but this time around he gave me a separate denial form still under section 214b that says i should re apply at any time by submitting a new application, photo and pay visa fee to be interviewed by a consular........thanks

You need to give a detailed break down of how both interviews went. Not this way, but the exact way others type theirs. And include every question and answer, Else no one will really be able to tell what's went wrong....

Me:
Vo:
Me:
Vo:......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
nomso27: Bigfrancis. . .annonymous . . .i salute! 8-)
guys abeg help me
. . . .

Yes. There are lots of spaces for august. They are usually released bit by bit so you'll have to keep checking back at the page for whenever new dates are released.

The bank will give you an e-receipt or confirmation. You'll need it for your interview. Written on the confirmation receipt is your receipt or MRV number which you'll need when booking your visa appointment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dnpasion(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
Try to take some time to do some little research about your school, the geographical area of the state it is located in as well as the neighbouring states. Those VO want know to every single information you know about where you are going to study since its your first time of going there and as a student they expect you to know at least little about where you are going to study. Don't rush going back to the embassy without getting some vital information about your school and its geographical areas.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 6:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
Thanks alot brothers @ bigfrancis nd annonymous
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Yes. There are lots of spaces for august. They are usually released bit by bit so you'll have to keep checking back at the page for whenever new dates are released.

The bank will give you an e-receipt or confirmation. You'll need it for your interview. Written on the confirmation receipt is your receipt or MRV number which you'll need when filling your DS-160.

...MRV reference number used for booking an appointment you wanted to say I guess bruv.IMO It has nothing to do with ds-160 #wink.
Keep up the good work Biggie

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
nigerianphoenix: How do I compare prices and book my flight to the USA?

P.S: This is my sneaky way of telling you guys that my visa application was approved in Abuja today. The interview didn't take more than one minute.

Omo, see this lil dude oo of ma age.. Aint u da same guy asking maybe to go wiv one of ur parents. N i said NO wiv sum NLers. Lol so u went wiv ur dad, it's nice tho. Congrats bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2013
yomifowe: Hi everyone. I am going for my interview next wk. When I am asked 'may i have your documents pls?', can i add my company's introduction letter? Pls reply.

Don't be too desperate to hand over to the VO your extra documents. Just hand over the basic 4 or 5 documents, and keep the rest with you. If necessary, he/she will ask for any extra specific document. Handing over any document when not asked for it puts you off as a desperate person and its not a good impression to give the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
eucharia64: Good day, Please i want to confirm if the visa appointment confirmation to take to the embassy is to be printed from the mail they sent after successfully booking. I printed mine from my yahoomail so it has yahoo on the printed copy is there a problem with that? Secondly, pls can you help me list out the major things to take along for student visa interview. My interview is scheduled for next week. Thanks

You can either print the one from the email or the one you see online after successfully booking your interview. Whether the one from yahoo bears yahoo, it doesn't matter. What matters is your appointment details which should be clear.

As for the list...em...em...its long sha. Someone posted the full list somewhere some pages back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
lisadem:

...MRV reference number used for booking an appointment you wanted to say I guess bruv.IMO It has nothing to do with ds-160 #wink.
Keep up the good work Biggie

Oops! My bad! I meant visa interview. Thanks for the correction. cool
Its corrected now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
risher ris: hi nairalanders......
i have been following this forum for a while....i have been denied my student visa the third time in abuja interviewed by the same consular again.but this time around a different denial form from the once i have been previously given was given to me,that says i can re apply at any point in time showing some particular document at the time of my interview when interviewed by a consular.docs like school ties ,family ties, residentials and work that will compel me to return after a temporary visit to the united states.can any one help with what im going to tell consular this time around to convince him or her.pls i need response as i do not wanna miss this fall admission again.thanks

Hello Rish,
It would be of great benefit to you if you can take the time out and recall your interview experience word for word and post here. This will enable the house to review and know where to start helping you from and how. Please post your actual responses to the VO's questions because in your responses lies the key to your problem. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2013

Regards.

Annonymous just replied you correctly. He's on point. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
hallengray: Please i need help, trying to book a date at the embassy but i have no date available. My school resumes next month. Pls how do i go about this. Thanks in advance.

Just keep checking back. Dates WILL pop up. There's no magic to getting a date. Just be patient and persevarant, you'll get a date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OpeThanks: 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
yomifowe: Hi everyone. I am going for my interview next wk. When I am asked 'may i have your documents pls?', can i add my company's introduction letter? Pls reply.

During you check-in into the embassy hall, some of your documents will be specifically requested for. Those docs. will be arranged and probably stapled together (International Passport, I20, Prove of sevis payment, gtbank payment receipt, 5cm by 5cm Passport photograph). Your company's intro letter can be term as a secondary document.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OpeThanks: 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
wabi_wabi_91:

Congratulations, and its great that your school gave you financial aid. To compare tickets, I'd suggest www.wakanow.com. I don't know if justwise will delete the suggestion sha. Right now, a one-way ticket from Lagos to Atlanta is 350k via Delta Airlines. These guys aren't smiling o.

I am quite surprise people don't talk about Turkish airline. You can get to their office at the international airport. There you can get a good price and a one way ticket too as long as you have your visa and I-20 with you when booking.

Not a straight flight but a good deal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Blankcheque: 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
I had my interview today in Abuja but it was inconclusive as I was handed a form 221(g) and the VO said they will contact me. Here is how it went: VO: hi, how are u? ME: Fine, tx VO:pls pass me ur doc me: passed them Vo: u re going to Texas for? Me: msc Vo: how did u find out about the school? Me: a professional colleague who earned a Phd from the school recommended to me and I also did some online research VO: OK! I could see u av some scholarship, who's paying for the rest? Me: my dad vo: can I av his bank statement? Me: gave it to her Vo: scrutinize d statement for about 30 secs, started typing then said I can't make a decision on ur application now. I will call u. Then retain the statement of account which has over 11M and my ds160 confirmation and gave me a form 221(g) on which she wrote we will contact you and returnd my passport and other documents. I later checkd online d implication of d form which I found out it was a 'soft' denial issued when a consular couldn't make a decision. My dillema now is: my schl resumes next month and since I couldnt tell when she will contact me, I need ur advice on what I shld do. Should I reapply now or wait until the embassy contacts me? Pls, gurus, I need all the help I can get. I Wait!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
^^^ Strange!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
thanks so much .....lemme post my previous interviews
technolee: [/b]the point is .....during my very first interview, i was very nervous.the consular did not even request any docs from me.he asked a few questions that i did answered well but he still denied me.the second interview, my interviewer said he s not in the position to issue me a visa right now that he s not the one that denied me that was last spring and this fall again i was interviewed by the same guy that interviewed me the very first time he asked a few questions too and did not request any document from mebut he asked a question i did not answer really well,he said why did i choose that very location?and i told him i have not being to the united states before and how will i know what what and what is in the location...and he asked some few questions afterwards and i did answer well but this time around he gave me a separate denial form still under section 214b that says i should re apply at any time by submitting a new application, photo and pay visa fee to be interviewed by a consular........thanks
Oh! That response of yours was harsh to the VO. In my opinion, please, read about the school and come out with one or two things that fascinate you about the state or location. Read as many interviews as possible from this thread and with God's backing, the Visa shall be yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
i know you wont believe me, i have help some pple in securing this f1 visa in question but i really dont know what is wrong with me,i even have a friend in ghana, met him online though,he ask me lotta questions and i give him possible answers.God sees my heart even agents contact me to ask me lotta questions but i really dont know what what is wrong with me but i will say im always nervous about interview
risher ris: thanks so much .....lemme post my previous interviews
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
thanks so much....they are things i know buh in always a bit nervous about interviewa
dnpasion: Try to take some time to do some little research about your school, the geographical area of the state it is located in as well as the neighbouring states. Those VO want know to every single information you know about where you are going to study since its your first time of going there and as a student they expect you to know at least little about where you are going to study. Don't rush going back to the embassy without getting some vital information about your school and its geographical areas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
Blankcheque: I had my interview today in Abuja but it was inconclusive as I was handed a form 221(g) and the VO said they will contact me. Here is how it went: VO: hi, how are u? ME: Fine, tx VO:pls pass me ur doc me: passed them Vo: u re going to Texas for? Me: msc Vo: how did u find out about the school? Me: a professional colleague who earned a Phd from the school recommended to me and I also did some online research VO: OK! I could see u av some scholarship, who's paying for the rest? Me: my dad vo: can I av his bank statement? Me: gave it to her Vo: scrutinize d statement for about 30 secs, started typing then said I can't make a decision on ur application now. I will call u. Then retain the statement of account which has over 11M and my ds160 confirmation and gave me a form 221(g) on which she wrote we will contact you and returnd my passport and other documents. I later checkd online d implication of d form which I found out it was a 'soft' denial issued when a consular couldn't make a decision. My dillema now is: my schl resumes next month and since I couldnt tell when she will contact me, I need ur advice on what I shld do. Should I reapply now or wait until the embassy contacts me? Pls, gurus, I need all the help I can get. I Wait!
This is strange,but could it be that she wants to confirm the genuity of the account u presented? Pls gurus come talk, is it that VOs have a way of checking a bank account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.