Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488295 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
GOD WILL MAKE US ALL HAPPY ND GRANT OUR HEART DESIRE .....PLANNING TO REAPPLY AGAIN ASAP....BUT NO OPEN DATES IN AUGUST ATALL....CAN I USE AGENT FOR THIS HOUSE? ND ALSO I HEARD OF SUMTIN WHICH I RILI NEED TO ASK GURUS IN D HOUSE...ME ND MY TWO FRIENDS NOTICE THAT AT ABJ EMBASSY..ALL THE STUDENTS THAT CAME TO APPLY FOR F1-VISA CAME WITH THERE PARENT AND THEY WERE ALL APPROVED....ND WHEN I ASK ONE OF THEM,SAID HE JUST TOLD HIS MUM TO ACCOMPANY HIM TO THE EMBASSY,CAN I GO WITH MY MUM ASWELL WHAT DO U TINK ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 12:14am On Aug 02, 2013
House.

Got my visa at the Abuja embassy today. After waiting in vain for dates in lagos, i decided to choose Abuja, i got 16th August, applied for emergency and was able to book 1st August.

Appointment was for 10:45am. Wanted to fly in early this morning, decided against it and went yesterday afternoon, good decision it turned out to be as both flights (yesterday's and this evening's return) were delayed by an hour each (20 & 30 minutes officially undecided ).

Anyway, got to the embassy some minutes before 10, about 15 minutes later, the security guys announced that everyone for 10:30 and 10:45 should come in. We did security checks and all...e.t.c...

Fastforward...

Now, there were only 2 VOs interviewing, a man and a woman. Both were asking lots of questions, but the man was granting more than the woman even tho man denied a good number of people too.

For everybody who came for a student visa, his first two questions after you state the name of your school were: "What state is the school located in?" & "What part of the map is the state located, north, south, west east, where?"

As it turned out, only few got both questions right, especially the second. At a point, i couldn't supress giggles when a guy going to Ball State university (which is in Indiana) was asked what state his school is located and he confidently answered "Ball state" after a few seconds hesitation. He was asked a few questions later before he was denied.

My turn:
VO: Good morning,pass your passport and application
Me: Good morning.
VO: Why are you going to the US? *typing on his computer*
Me: I'm going for my masters degree in Safety management
VO: What school?
me: Indiana University Bloomington
VO: *stops typing on his computer and looks at me* What state is your school located in?
Me: The state of Indiana.
VO: And where is Indiana located on the map? east, north, south, where?
Me: *with a smile* It is located in the mid-west
VO: *says audibly but almost to himself* Good job. *resumes typing, then asks loudly now* And what other schools did you apply to?
Me: Kent state University Ohio and Pennsylvania State university
VO: So why did you choose Indiana University over the others? *Both VOs asked this question too from other student visa applicants who applied to more than one school*
Me: Well, aside from the fact that i got a Graduate Assistantship.....
VO: (cuts in) *darts a glance at I-20 on his table then continues typing* Oh really, good. So what are your plans on your return to Nigeria after competing this course?
Me: *with a smile again* Well, I intend to spend about 6 months at a safety management consulting firm which I've already contacted about my plans before i launch my own consulting practice. I intend to start small but I'm confident things will surely pick up over time.
VO: So who's going to pay the balance of your fees? (my GA plus benefits covers about 82% of first year expenses, not 100%)
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: Told him.
VO: *hands over the white paper and talkin at the same time* Your visa wil be ready for pick up by monday at the adress here.. *didnt hear the rest of what he said tho I heard "an hour delay", "point of entry" & "enjoy your studies in the US"
Me: Thank you sir

No single document was asked of me, i didnt even get to flaunt my GRE score.lol. Big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I knew i won the VO's heart when i answered that map question, tho i believe my other answers may have counted as well. Plus, prayer is important. I had some terrible cattarh right from the time I woke up this morning in my fam friend's house till even after biometrics. I just kept sneezing, a new handkerchief and face towel given to me by my hosts were already wet! People seated next to me were just telling me sorry. I was praying that this cattarh should go o, so my composure in front of the VO won't be affected. But by the time it was my turn to go back in and wait for the VO to call, my nose just became dry and is still dry even as I type this. No kidding.
God answers prayers. I wish everyone all the best and I hope those already preparing for Spring 2014 will learn from these interview experiences posted and be well prepared.

Cheers smiley

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 12:23am On Aug 02, 2013
eedrism: GOD WILL MAKE US ALL HAPPY ND GRANT OUR HEART DESIRE .....PLANNING TO REAPPLY AGAIN ASAP....BUT NO OPEN DATES IN AUGUST ATALL....CAN I USE AGENT FOR THIS HOUSE? ND ALSO I HEARD OF SUMTIN WHICH I RILI NEED TO ASK GURUS IN D HOUSE...ME ND MY TWO FRIENDS NOTICE THAT AT ABJ EMBASSY..ALL THE STUDENTS THAT CAME TO APPLY FOR F1-VISA CAME WITH THERE PARENT AND THEY WERE ALL APPROVED....ND WHEN I ASK ONE OF THEM,SAID HE JUST TOLD HIS MUM TO ACCOMPANY HIM TO THE EMBASSY,CAN I GO WITH MY MUM ASWELL WHAT DO U TINK ?

A lady came with her dad today and was denied. Another came with her dad and got approved after a long interview even though the man said his cousins will be assisting him in paying the tuition and the VO openly remarked that $70,000 a year for tuition to study fashion is a pretty huge investment. But then i think the students who go with their parents are the young ones.

Your last interview, was it an emergency appointment date you got? If no, then you can request for an emergency appointment. the instructions are some posts behind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:59am On Aug 02, 2013
Cheers Find Out!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Espice(m): 1:03am On Aug 02, 2013
Find Out!:
House.

Got my visa at the Abuja embassy today. After waiting in vain for dates in lagos, i decided to choose Abuja, i got 16th August, applied for emergency and was able to book 1st August.

Appointment was for 10:45am. Wanted to fly in early this morning, decided against it and went yesterday afternoon, good decision it turned out to be as both flights (yesterday's and this evening's return) were delayed by an hour each (20 & 30 minutes officially undecided ).

Anyway, got to the embassy some minutes before 10, about 15 minutes later, the security guys announced that everyone for 10:30 and 10:45 should come in. We did security checks and all...e.t.c...

Fastforward...

Now, there were only 2 VOs interviewing, a man and a woman. Both were asking lots of questions, but the man was granting more than the woman even tho man denied a good number of people too.

For everybody who came for a student visa, his first two questions after you state the name of your school were: "What state is the school located in?" & "What part of the map is the state located, north, south, west east, where?"

As it turned out, only few got both questions right, especially the second. At a point, i couldn't supress giggles when a guy going to Ball State university (which is in Indiana) was asked what state his school is located and he confidently answered "Ball state" after a few seconds hesitation. He was asked a few questions later before he was denied.

My turn:
VO: *stops typing on his computer and looks at me* What state is your school located in?
VO: *says audibly but almost to himself* Good job. *resumes typing, then asks loudly now* And what other schools did you apply to?
VO: So why did you choose Indiana University over the others? *Both VOs asked this question too from other student visa applicants who applied to more than one school*
VO: (cuts in) *darts a glance at I-20 on his table then continues typing* Oh really, good. So what are your plans on your return to Nigeria after competing this course?
Me: *with a smile again* Well, I intend to spend about 6 months at a safety management consulting firm which I've already contacted about my plans before i launch my own consulting practice. I intend to start small but I'm confident things will surely pick up over time.
VO: So who's going to pay the balance of your fees? (my GA plus benefits covers about 82% of first year expenses, not 100%)
VO: *hands over the white paper and talkin at the same time* Your visa wil be ready for pick up by monday at the adress here.. *didnt hear the rest of what he said tho I heard "an hour delay", "point of entry" & "enjoy your studies in the US"

No single document was asked of me, i didnt even get to flaunt my GRE score.lol. Big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I knew i won the VO's heart when i answered that map question, tho i believe my other answers may have counted as well. Plus, prayer is important. I had some terrible cattarh right from the time I woke up this morning in my fam friend's house till even after biometrics. I just kept sneezing, a new handkerchief and face towel given to me by my hosts were already wet! People seated next to me were just telling me sorry. I was praying that this cattarh should go o, so my composure in front of the VO won't be affected. But by the time it was my turn to go back in and wait for the VO to call, my nose just became dry and is still dry even as I type this. No kidding.
God answers prayers. I wish everyone all the best and I hope those already preparing for Spring 2014 will learn from these interview experiences posted and be well prepared.

Cheers smiley

Congrats FindOut. Pls what airline did you take to Abuja? And I'm assuming you travelled from Lagos? Also how long is the drive from the airport to the main city?

Congrats once again man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 1:40am On Aug 02, 2013
Anoda visa holder. Congrats Findout
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MikeWill: 1:46am On Aug 02, 2013
Find Out!:
House.

Fastforward...

My turn:

Cheers smiley

congratulobia....no worry i dey enter una zone tomoro!!!#no more agent

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:49am On Aug 02, 2013
@coachee,

Check your email. Sorry I haven't checked that email for many days until now and saw bunch of emails embarassed

@all that sent me email,

I'm sorry I was busy throughout this week. I'll try and answer those emails before/by this weekend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 2:05am On Aug 02, 2013
Find Out!:
House.

Got my visa at the Abuja embassy today....

Congrats!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 4:31am On Aug 02, 2013
[quote author=Find Out!]House.

Got my visa at the abuja embassy

Congrat bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 5:06am On Aug 02, 2013
vivysparkles:

18th...ph to miami, lufthansa

Safe dear, I don't I have control over my flight because its the scholarship agency that would book the flight for me and I'm heading to chicago. Should be leaving on 18th too cos orientation is on the 20th in my school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 5:49am On Aug 02, 2013
Find Out!:
House.

Got my visa at the Abuja embassy today. After waiting in vain for dates in lagos, i decided to choose Abuja, i got 16th August, applied for emergeand was able to book 1st August.

Fastforward...

My turn:

Cheers smiley

Congrats bro,

Was so scared of the guy cos of the north, east, south question... Its basically his reason for denying a lot of people on my interview day. Also, scared of the lady because the guy was issuing more VISA than her. I didn't know which of them to pray for buh I ended up in the lady's counter and my interview was smooth.

Note: I'm not a guru in the house but I think this should help. Always make your plan of coming back to your country show automatically in your responses. I must say Findout is lucky for the guy to have asked him, some VO may consider it waste of time while some may not even ask before they make their decisions.

Read my interview transcript and you will get what I'm saying, the lady was asking lot of questions and even had more denial than the guy but I think I knocked her out as she could not even ask further questions.

Findout: you said we are gonna book flight together, oya make it happen o.

Lastly, don't wait for any text or e-mail saying your passport is ready in abuja as I didn't get any. Thank God I listened to someone here that told me samething I'm telling you. Just go at COB for monday and your passport with VISA would be there. Was still sending an e-mail to track my passport while I was in DHL and the response still says my passport wasn't ready.

Again, congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 5:50am On Aug 02, 2013
Find Out!:
House.

Congrats!!! Cheers to you, Find Out! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 5:54am On Aug 02, 2013
webstradamus:

Can the location get any vaguer than that? grin grin grin

The one I know is on Lagos Island very close to "Onola Playing ground" and "Itafaji market". You can stroll in from Tinubu B/stop which is 50naira Napep from Obalende B/stop. I know they have other branches around lagos but don't have the address. Its a big photo studio.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 6:00am On Aug 02, 2013
eedrism: GOD WILL MAKE US ALL HAPPY ND GRANT OUR HEART DESIRE .....PLANNING TO REAPPLY AGAIN ASAP....BUT NO OPEN DATES IN AUGUST ATALL....CAN I USE AGENT FOR THIS HOUSE? ND ALSO I HEARD OF SUMTIN WHICH I RILI NEED TO ASK GURUS IN D HOUSE...ME ND MY TWO FRIENDS NOTICE THAT AT ABJ EMBASSY..ALL THE STUDENTS THAT CAME TO APPLY FOR F1-VISA CAME WITH THERE PARENT AND THEY WERE ALL APPROVED....ND WHEN I ASK ONE OF THEM,SAID HE JUST TOLD HIS MUM TO ACCOMPANY HIM TO THE EMBASSY,CAN I GO WITH MY MUM ASWELL WHAT DO U TINK ?

I don't think going with parents changes anything because a young guy came with her mum and was still denied because of the north, east, south question the guy asked him.

I wish you luck as you have refused to patiently identify and fix the loopholes in the previous denials.

Again, Good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 6:42am On Aug 02, 2013
Congrats Find Out! Enjoy your USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Goldfinger266(m): 6:56am On Aug 02, 2013
Hello Guyz. I am sure this is my first time of posting on this trend. Moreover, I have bin following the trend which has made mi become very familiar wit likely questions @ and d experience for the pre and post F1-visa acquisition to the US. I was at the Lagos embassy yesterday,August 1 for 7:30 am and I got my visa approved within 3mins.No single documents was asked. I missed my way twice while going outside. Security had to shout on me that I shud use d exit cos d visa has bin approved. Till now, is still doin mi like play-like play. Although, I had confidence in God that they would give me, but getting there I became so nervous that my head and ears wre so hotttt and coupled wit d fact that d place was not even conducive at all. I was not even conscious of what was going on the d embassy. I can't say rate if visa issuance/denial that yesterday. All I was conscious of was the fact that I carried GrACE. I will be posting the transcript very soon.

I thank God for making my dream of going to the US a reality. I thank my good friend who led mi to this trend,@bodeplot. He did a thorough job by ensuring I read relevants part of this trend. He never got tired to keep mi update. I thank chike George, Aramide,franklin Uba,Boluwatife, who are all in the US alredi for their support. I also appreciate all my coach on this trend, even though I have not bin active on this trend. I will post the full transcript today by God grace.

Fellow naira landers,I believe God will grant the desire of all that are yet to get their vis to d US IJN, PRAY WORKS. Kip praying and believe in God plz.......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 7:05am On Aug 02, 2013
Goldfinger266: Hello Guyz. I am sure this is my first time of posting on this trend. Moreover, I have bin following the trend which has made mi become very familiar wit likely questions @ and d experience for the pre and post F1-visa acquisition to the US. I was at the Lagos embassy yesterday,August 1 for 7:30 am and I got my visa approved within 3mins.No single documents was asked. I missed my way twice while going outside. Security had to shout on me that I shud use d exit cos d visa has bin approved. Till now, is still doin mi like play-like play. Although, I had confidence in God that they would give me, but getting there I became so nervous that my head and ears wre so hotttt and coupled wit d fact that d place was not even conducive at all. I was not even conscious of what was going on the d embassy. I can't say rate if visa issuance/denial that yesterday. All I was conscious of was the fact that I carried GrACE. I will be posting the transcript very soon.

I thank God for making my dream of going to the US a reality. I thank my good friend who led mi to this trend,@bodeplot. He did a thorough job by ensuring I read relevants part of this trend. He never got tired to keep mi update. I thank chike George, Aramide,franklin Uba,Boluwatife, who are all in the US alredi for their support. I also appreciate all my coach on this trend, even though I have not bin active on this trend. I will post the full transcript today by God grace.

Fellow naira landers,I believe God will grant the desire of all that are yet to get their vis to d US IJN, PRAY WORKS. Kip praying and believe in God plz.......

Congrats!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 7:13am On Aug 02, 2013
Goldfinger266: Hello Guyz. I am sure this is my first time of posting on this trend. Moreover, I have bin following the trend which has made mi become very familiar wit likely questions @ and d experience for the pre and post F1-visa acquisition to the US. I was at the Lagos embassy yesterday,August 1 for 7:30 am and I got my visa approved within 3mins.No single documents was asked. I missed my way twice while going outside. Security had to shout on me that I shud use d exit cos d visa has bin approved. Till now, is still doin mi like play-like play. Although, I had confidence in God that they would give me, but getting there I became so nervous that my head and ears wre so hotttt and coupled wit d fact that d place was not even conducive at all. I was not even conscious of what was going on the d embassy. I can't say rate if visa issuance/denial that yesterday. All I was conscious of was the fact that I carried GrACE. I will be posting the transcript very soon.

You will be charged for the shout out o @the bolded #lol. Congrats man and kudos to Bodeplot (reminds me of a topic on Control course during UG) grin

Have a pleasant stay in obamaland. God bless!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tonery009: 7:14am On Aug 02, 2013

Congrats Buddy, Its all about God. The embassy interview is where Fath and work Goes hand in Hand. Congrats once again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 02, 2013
Foohard! Congrats on your visa approval!

I've been meaning to ask you... Pls what's the name of the scholarship you got? And what are the requirements?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 7:43am On Aug 02, 2013
kofsy: Foohard! Congrats on your visa approval!

I've been meaning to ask you... Pls what's the name of the scholarship you got? And what are the requirements?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 7:45am On Aug 02, 2013

Please am very interested in this! Please Foohard tell Us. Tell us "how to go about getting it".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 02, 2013
omg_star:

Please am very interested in this! Please Foohard tell Us. Tell us "how to go about getting it".

The 46K? Is this in Naira or USD?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 7:48am On Aug 02, 2013
linux28: hi every1
pls why do us embassy reject community college student :i was just rejected!
pls cn anyone tell me skul in the states tht dont require sat or toefl for application for admission.

email or message me for the the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 7:52am On Aug 02, 2013

Thank you.

The scheme is for IT graduates. If you read IT related courses and graduated with 2:1 or First class, then you are eligible.

You must be a Nigerian and must have completed NYSC.

The agency in charge is National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).

Its is available for masters and Ph.D.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:01am On Aug 02, 2013
Goldfinger !!! Congrat and thump up †̥o you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:19am On Aug 02, 2013
foohard:

Thank you.

The scheme is for IT graduates. If you read IT related courses and graduated with 2:1 or First class, then you are eligible.

The agency in charge is National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).

The Last thing I expected from you is to display the Name of the agency that granted you that exhorbitant Scholarship..

I must really say you are veryyy kind hearted, Many people who get this kind of scholarship will NEVER do this thing you just did even after they have secured their Visa.. They are so self centered and veryyy secretive..

Kudos to you Bro.... You are on point.. And May God continue to bless you forever and Grant your heart desires.....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2013
foohard:

Thank you.

Oh! I see smiley. It's a pity I didn't study an IT related course grin

There you have it guys! If you studied computer science, computer engineer et al, and you meet the requirements, you are in luck! Go for it cheesy cheesy. 42,000 dolls no be moi moi grin grin

Thanks foohard for the info! Wishing you the very best in your studies. You must be one lucky dude wink Not so many people can boast of this kind of opportunity.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 8:54am On Aug 02, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

The Last thing I expected from you is to display the Name of the agency that granted you that exhorbitant Scholarship..

I must really say you are veryyy kind hearted, Many people who get this kind of scholarship will NEVER do this thing you just did even after they have secured their Visa.. They are so self centered and veryyy secretive..

Kudos to you Bro.... You are on point.. And May God continue to bless you forever and Grant your heart desires.....

Ameen and you too @ May God continue to bless you forever and Grant your heart desires.

I'm here to help and will do all within my capabilities to render the help being it information, advises, guidance and suggestions.

Ricky, thank you for appreciating me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 9:02am On Aug 02, 2013
kofsy:

Oh! I see smiley. It's a pity I didn't study an IT related course grin

There you have it guys! If you studied computer science, computer engineer et al, and you meet the requirements, you are in luck! Go for it cheesy cheesy. 42,000 dolls no be moi moi grin grin

Thanks foohard for the info! Wishing you the very best in your studies. You must be one lucky dude wink Not so many people can boast of this kind of opportunity.

Thanks Kofsy.

What did you study cos I know another of such that even pays better.

Its provided by Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF). For earth sciences and some technology related courses cos computer science is included too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2013
OjaP:

Exactly my point. BigFrancis, that the state sets a rule doesn't mean you still can't get full waiver. You may have missed these good Texas schools because you didn't talk to the profs if you can get a grant.

Overall, the rule doesn't apply in most cases because the profs/dept. are the ones who pay most times and not the graduate school.

Thanks for clarifying Gboyega.

He is still very fortunate getting a top school like UM, College park with full tuition waiver. I think in the case of Texas, it is better if you are getting an RA as you can discuss it with your professor for full tuition waiver as against the out of state waiver that comes automatically with GAs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.