Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488610 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
eucharia64:
Ok i will. What email did u send to i ve about 5diff mail addresses

Your NL email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
Today, I awoke to febrile paroxysms (a series of chills and fevers which is a diagnostic characteristic of malaria). Why today? Why on this very special day when I was to write my GRExam?
Anyways, I dragged myself to the Prometric centre, head pounding, eye throbbing.
I must say, I feel like giving Syahboy a punch in the gut for making the Quantitative section seem so easy- That stuff is trickier than ingesting 'ogbono' with chopsticks.
At a point, I started misreading on the Verbal section. I got stuck for like 3 minutes pondering over a word that looked like 'altristic'. Alas, it was 'artistic'.
In all, I thank God. His name really is a. Stron tower. I managed to score 158 in the Quantitative Section and 164 in the Verbal Section.
I would like the gurus to suggest schools that could match this profile. I'm looking at a PhD in Biology. I should also add that I had an Undergraduate GPA of 4.60 on a scale of 5.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ocmorale: 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
eucharia64:

Calu: california university of management n science, CIT: california institute of technology. IIT: ilinois institute of technology
@eucharia64, thanks. May God Almighty be with you as you travel.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
dolapobello1: Today, I awoke to febrile paroxysms (a series of chills and fevers which is a diagnostic characteristic of malaria). Why today? Why on this very special day when I was to write my GRExam?
Anyways, I dragged myself to the Prometric centre, head pounding, eye throbbing.
I must say, I feel like giving Syahboy a punch in the gut for making the Quantitative section seem so easy- That stuff is trickier than ingesting 'ogbono' with chopsticks.
At a point, I started misreading on the Verbal section. I got stuck for like 3 minutes pondering over a word that looked like 'altristic'. Alas, it was 'artistic'.
In all, I thank God. His name really is a. Stron tower. I managed to score 158 in the Quantitative Section and 164 in the Verbal Section.
I would like the gurus to suggest schools that could match this profile. I'm looking at a PhD in Biology. I should also add that I had an Undergraduate GPA of 4.60 on a scale of 5.
Thanks in advance...
Fantastic score! Congrats mehn! All the grammar you been dey blow in this house paid off grin grin you should be able to get into the top programs with that score and your GPA. U really sabi book. All the best bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2013
dolapobello1: Today, I awoke to febrile paroxysms (a series of chills and fevers which is a diagnostic characteristic of malaria). Why today? Why on this very special day when I was to write my GRExam?
Thanks in advance...

With that kind of CGPA and GRE scores, I would apply to the following Unis.

John Hopkins
Harvard
Stanford
UC Berkely or Davis
Yale
Penn State

After picking 4 schools from the above, I would then pick 3 other safety schools in case. I wouldn't settle for less.

Congrats!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
lisadem:

I don't fully understand your situation but YES to your question. You can fill as many DS-160 forms as you wish but ensure you update the current application ID on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ - the site where visa interview appointment is booked.

All da best.

My situation is dat ave once filled one D-160 b4 i received my current I-20 letter and d info is kinda different like, sku name, sponsor name and relative in us so can i fill anoda D-160 for my current I-20? also can i apply 4 visa interview b4 my sevis payment? also if i apply for it on 1st of september wen will i b called 4 interview?

tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
dolapobello1: I managed to score 158 in the Quantitative Section and 164 in the Verbal Section.
Thanks in advance...
guy u try! crossing that 320 margin,kai.. i did my test yesterday, how did u find quant? tot it was tougher than anything ive seen in all the mock tests i did. omo ur scores are competitive for any top ten program in the land, as if u already didnt know that cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by demmyrulz(m): 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
eucharia64: Interview details vo: gd morn
Me: morn
Vo: Y u going to d us:
Me: for a master degree in computer info system with concerntration in info system security.
Vo: how many skuls did u apply to?
Me: 3, calu,cIT,IIT(just one i applied to tho. Lol)
Vo: y dis one
Me: i am interested in d present research being carried out in info system security i want to help fyt cybercrime in nigeria
Vo: what will d cos do for u?
Me: i can position myself to benefit from d opportunity nig industry wil offer. Nig need one million cyber security expert to help tackle cyber crimw and i want to b one
Vo: did u do gre
Me: yes

Vo: who is sponsoring u
Me: my aunt
Vo: what does she do?
Me: shez an IT professional and also owns an IT solution company bla bla
Pick up ur visa on weds bla bla bla. No documents asked oooo. Baba God noni. He is really worthy to b praised.

I am goin to orange county in california any female going to calif in d aws? Holla. Abeg only females ooooo. Lol

Congrat eucharia64
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by demmyrulz(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thanks in advance...
Great result.. I dey envy u ooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by 9raCash: 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hello house, pls I urgently need ur advice. I applied to keller graduate skol of mgt, devry university (before I started readin comments here) for mba(international business concentration), got my i20 and acceptance letter. I have booked an appointment for my interview but have not paid my sevis yet, but lately am hearing some kind of news about the credibility of the skol and that chances are that one may not get visa cos of the low reputation of the skol with vo's. Pls advice me, I don't want to waste my $200, suld I just forget about the interview and take my time to look for a better school and start the processing all over or still go ahead in faith. Secondly, can the visa application fee still work for another school i20 even up till next year? Thxalot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 1:03am On Aug 30, 2013
Ehyaa...i feel exactly what you are going through plus i'm not a guru here either but the best advice i would offer you is please don't sound pessimistic. Give it your best short and don't think twice about paying your Sevis. You never know, it just might happen to you. hackeller graduate skol of mgt, devry university (before I started readin comments here) for mba(international business concentration), got my i20 and acceptance letter. I have booked an appointment for my interview but have not paid my sevis yet, but lately am hearing some kind of news about the credibility of the skol and that chances are that one may not get visa cos of the low reputation of the skol with vo's. Pls advice me, I don't want to waste my $200, suld I just forget about the interview and take my time to look for a better school and start the processing all over or still go ahead in faith. Secondly, can the visa application fee still work for another school i20 even up till next year? Thxalot[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 30, 2013
Thanks in advance...
hey great scores bro! What aspect of Biology are you looking to major in? Looks like our profiles are the same, down to CGPA, GRE scores and undergrad major and I would love to drop some recommendations for you.I'm currently in the States, if that counts for anything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Double post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:41am On Aug 30, 2013
eucharia64:
Am a cream chick oooo. Lmao

Eeeyah! you be babe and you come think say guys sef no no say plenty chicks of different race and color full US. If you see guy wey go keep you company inside that plane no happy oooo. Wait till you land US. You go come see say this no be naija wey girls dey form levels. American babes dey snatch African guys like magnet picks pin, mostly those guys with potentials..... na sharp sharp. I'm sure, soon you go join the group of Nigerian ladies wey be akata haters. Well, you go soon no how e take dey roll here sha.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 1:44am On Aug 30, 2013
house is morgan state a good university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 30, 2013
winbyforce:
Fantastic score! Congrats mehn! All the grammar you been dey blow in this house paid off grin grin you should be able to get into the top programs with that score and your GPA. U really sabi book. All the best bro

Thank you very much. Oluwa lo se!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 30, 2013
OjaP:

With that kind of CGPA and GRE scores, I would apply to the following Unis.

John Hopkins
Harvard
Stanford
UC Berkely or Davis
Yale
Penn State

After picking 4 schools from the above, I would then pick 3 other safety schools in case. I wouldn't settle for less.

Congrats!!

Thanks for your response, OjaP. It's an honour, brother. Some seriously eye-popping choices there. I'll take those into consideration. I think funding may be an issue with some of those schools (eg Stanford, Harvard and Johns Hopkins).
Again bro, thank you for your interest
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 30, 2013
Horayce:

guy u try! crossing that 320 margin,kai.. i did my test yesterday, how did u find quant? tot it was tougher than anything ive seen in all the mock tests i did. omo ur scores are competitive for any top ten program in the land, as if u already didnt know that cheesy

You're sooo on point. Powerprep dey lie to us ni. I was averaging 163 in the quant on powerprep. I even got 166 on the Kaplan Gre practice test. Funny thing is, i never got above 156 on the verbal section on the practice tests.

(ps: what time was your test?)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 30, 2013
demmyrulz:
Great result.. I dey envy u ooooo

Trust in God. He doesnt fail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 30, 2013
moroh: hey great scores bro! What aspect of Biology are you looking to major in? Looks like our profiles are the same, down to CGPA, GRE scores and undergrad major and I would love to drop some recommendations for you.I'm currently in the States, if that counts for anything.

Thank you so much. You can lay them on me, I'm open! I'm looking at Developmental Biology and Stem cell research.

(I dont think I mentioned my undergraduate major in the earlier post though.)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mystiqme: 2:11am On Aug 30, 2013
dolapobello1:

(I dont think I mentioned my undergraduate major in the post though.)
Oh! Biology is broad wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:19am On Aug 30, 2013
Ms Nas:
Loool. PM me sweetie, I'll reply as soon as I can kiss

I checked back to that email late but hope you've got it done?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 3:47am On Aug 30, 2013
Babs911:

My situation is dat ave once filled one D-160 b4 i received my current I-20 letter and d info is kinda different like, sku name, sponsor name and relative in us so can i fill anoda D-160 for my current I-20? also can i apply 4 visa interview b4 my sevis payment? also if i apply for it on 1st of september wen will i b called 4 interview?
tanks

my last post still answers your question. However,the bolded is vague. YOU DON'T GET CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW. YOU DECIDE ON THE DATE. No be UK

Anyways, Lemme shed more light and hope it clears your doubts or worries. You can book an appointment before paying for Sevis fee but ensure you allow enough time for the receipt to arrive before your chosen appointment date. Also, appointment dates are always opened in a month interval. Meaning if dates will be opened on Sept 1st, what you might be seeing are dates in Oct 1st downwards. The only exception to get dates earlier is if someone eventually drops a date and you are fortunate to be online to block it.

Hope this helps... All da best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 30, 2013
@ojap, Ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 30, 2013
@imperiouxx, LOL! Your words got me laughing so hard.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 4:39am On Aug 30, 2013
congrats eucharia. Welcome to the land of Obama.

@Dolapobello: #teamgoaceGRE. U do well bro. Keep the flag flying

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 5:28am On Aug 30, 2013
funny enough i have a nairaland member as a roommate in concord university..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:47am On Aug 30, 2013
De Tus: @imperiouxx, LOL! Your words got me laughing so hard.

Na true o, pesin wey never no na him no dey no. American relationship is 99.9% sure for guys while ladies take the remaining 0.1% (that was the reason why I asked man or woman). You think that our ladies here are haters for no reason? Ok ooo! They have started stepping up these days too sha.

bones007: funny enough i have a nairaland member as a roommate in concord university..

Great!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Timilehin3(m): 7:05am On Aug 30, 2013
Thanks in advance.
congratz....wen i grow up, i want to be like u.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2013
dolapobello1:

You're sooo on point. Powerprep dey lie to us ni. I was averaging 163 in the quant on powerprep. I even got 166 on the Kaplan Gre practice test. Funny thing is, i never got above 156 on the verbal section on the practice tests.

(ps: what time was your test?)
8am on the 28th august. my average quant scores were at par wit ur own. i overstudied for quant: did virtualy all the tests on manhattan gre, magoosh, princeton review and kaplan yet came short on the exam(159). those ets guys wicked, why give us deceptively easy questions on the mocks? another guy i met at the centre who was confident of a 165 came short wit a 160. it cud be that the exams are getting tougher cos thats the trend on some gre forum i am on fb. but some bad asian peeps still dey score 170 witout barely opening books undecided.

imperiouxx: ! you be babe and you come think say guys sef no no say plenty chicks of different race and color full US. If you see guy wey go keep you company inside that plane no happy oooo. Wait till you land US. You go come see say this no be naija wey girls dey form levels. American babes dey snatch African guys like magnet picks pin, mostly those guys with potentials..... na sharp sharp. I'm sure, soon you go join the group of Nigerian ladies wey be akata haters. Well, you go soon no how e take dey roll here sha.

God bless u for this post, wetin naija chicks don carry person eye see. Gone are the days when it was enough for a man to be intelligent and with solid prospects and a dream to attract a woman here. if u dont hav a prestigious job or rich parents/conexns, just forget it in the women dept. There are exceptions, but as most guys here wud attest, naija chicks no dey try for us at all. honestly apart from the job prospects and seeking a better life, the fear of never landing my dream girl here is wat drives me to want to study in the states. tanx for that reassuring post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:47am On Aug 30, 2013
bones007: house is morgan state a good university?

Yes ofcourse.. Nothing to worry about because it is a state university..

Also the school was among the list of schools I wanted to apply to for the Fall 2013 session. But i couldn't meet up with dere deadline..

You can go ahead and make plans on applying to Morgan state university.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by HABRUZZY(m): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2013
good morning pals i wish to apply for under graduates schools in USA can anyone please list some affordable schools in USA for international students your swift responds are aprreciated thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.