Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487683 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
Feexo: House, Does anyone know about ECE? I intend using them to evaluate my transcript. I remember someone once mentioned that he/she used ECE and found them way better than WES.......
WES IS FAR BETTER THAN ECE, BUT ECE IS CHEAPER THAN WES. WES EVALUATION IS FASTER AND MORE RELIABLE AND YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF GOOD GPA AT THE END OF YOUR EVALUATION, WHILE ECE WILL REDUCE YOUR GPA AT THE END OF YOUR EVALUATION. THE GURUS IN THE HOUSE ADVICE PEOPLE TO USE WES AND I DIDN'T REGRET USING IT, DID MY EVALUATION WITHIN 2WEEKS TO 3 WEEKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hello Members,

How are you all doing? Sorry, I have been away for some time now. I've been quite busy lately. The little time I have to come on nairaland I just look around, post on the culture section and leave.

But I'm back now.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
Graviton: a friend of mine just told me paper applications were better than online applications, how true is this, please?...

How does it feel if I say typing with a typewriter is better than using a Mac machine? Do you reckon? Online application has several advantages over paper in that: 1.) You will spend a lot of money printing the forms, 2.) You will spend a lot of money sending via DHL or God help you and you make use of nipost (you will nearly have a heartattack) 3.) Most schools testify that electronic application enhance the decision process because you can easily upload all the required materials at once... There are myriad of reasons why you should use online submission except your school demand you do it offline though. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
bigfrancis21: Hello Members,

How are you all doing? Sorry, I have been away for some time now. I've been quite busy lately. The little time I have to come on nairaland I just look around, post on the culture section and leave.

But I'm back now.

Welcome back!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dmoney104(m): 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2013
How are you all doing? Sorry, I have been away for a long time now , please i will be writing my TOEFL TESt soon i really need someone to help me out with some materials. davidobah843@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
dmoney104: How are you all doing? Sorry, I have been away for a long time now , please i will be writing my TOEFL TESt soon i really need someone to help me out with some materials. davidobah843@yahoo.com

u r welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dnpasion(m): 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
Recieved my i-20 couple of days back and copies of my sponsor bank statement which i sent to the school for my admission processing is been sent along with my i-20 and they also stated the amount my sponsor is providing for the first year on the i-20 which is the total amount on the account as at then but now my question is, can i go to the embassy for my interview with the copies of the bank statement the school sent back along with the i-20 or i should tell my sponsor to request another recent bank statement whenever i'm going for my interview but i'm scared the account balance might not be upto the total amount it was during my admisson process and it might even get higher vice versa? Please i need some answers. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

Guy where you dey abeg!? My plans don spoil aswer..

bro how far..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:10am On Sep 28, 2013
bigfrancis21: Hello Members,

But I'm back now.

iyola olotu' idi. #biting my tongue sef# hahahaha. How u dey my boi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:25am On Sep 28, 2013
dnpasion: Recieved my i-20 couple of days back and copies of my sponsor bank statement which i sent to the school for my admission processing is been sent along with my i-20 and they also stated the amount my sponsor is providing for the first year on the i-20 which is the total amount on the account as at then but now my question is, can i go to the embassy for my interview with the copies of the bank statement the school sent back along with the i-20 or i should tell my sponsor to request another recent bank statement whenever i'm going for my interview but i'm scared the account balance might not be upto the total amount it was during my admisson process and it might even get higher vice versa? Please i need some answers. Thanks

don't fret bro. Taking another statement of account of your sponsor to the embassy isn't a problem only if it shows a balance that is more than what's on your I-20.

Most schools only show the exact tuition fees for a year on the I-20 without necessary saying the actual statement of account your sponsor presents.

I will advise you go with the one you submitted to the school if it hasn't been long you turned it in or tell your sponsor to give a fresh account statement BUT it must be more than your tuition fees for a calender year. That proves financial capability.

Rule of thumb: make it >= 1.5 x (tuition fees). Pray you meet God's favour @ the embassy. That's the KOKO. Others na formality.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:33am On Sep 28, 2013
dmoney104: How are you all doing? Sorry, I have been away for a long time now , please i will be writing my TOEFL TESt soon i really need someone to help me out with some materials DELETED

Repetition! Send an empty email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you will get links where you can download some handy resources. All da best.

P.s: Edit your post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 28, 2013
Hello House,
So I'm researching the schools I'll be applying to
was excited by this
Stipends are $14,400 for M.S. students and $23,000 for Ph.D. students
* Tuition fee waivers are granted to accepted students

but then....i saw this

International Students ONLY: To issue a VISA to an accepted student, The University must receive an original (not a photocopy) certified statement from a bank or government agency that sufficient funds are available to meet the cost of study, living, and necessary travel.

so I'M SUPERCONFUSED.....
The first and second statements contradict each other.
What do you guys think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:29am On Sep 28, 2013
ebdib: Hello House,
So I'm researching the schools I'll be applying to
was excited by this
Stipends are $14,400 for M.S. students and $23,000 for Ph.D. students
* Tuition fee waivers are granted to accepted students

but then....i saw this

International Students ONLY: To issue a VISA to an accepted student, The University must receive an original (not a photocopy) certified statement from a bank or government agency that sufficient funds are available to meet the cost of study, living, and necessary travel.

so I'M SUPERCONFUSED.....
The first and second statements contradict each other.
What do you guys think?

It doesn't contradict. If you get the grant and eventually loss it after first semester, then how would you pay the remaining tuition to complete your studies if you have no money? That's the reason why they must see that you've got sufficient fund before you queue for their fund.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by abnice2004: 7:18am On Sep 28, 2013
Hello everyone. Am 26years old. I have my OND and I have started working. I have travellld to tanzania.india and southafrica. I wnt to go for undergrad in US. Gurus in da house,wot r my chances of gettin visa considering my age? Tnks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 7:47am On Sep 28, 2013
lisadem:

iyola olotu' idi. #biting my tongue sef# hahahaha. How u dey my boi?

Odinma! cheesy My fellow telecommunications engineer!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:01am On Sep 28, 2013
samnoah:

Welcome back!

Thanks Sam. I do have a lot to catch up with.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:42am On Sep 28, 2013
dnpasion: Recieved my i-20 couple of days back and copies of my sponsor bank statement which i sent to the school for my admission processing is been sent along with my i-20 and they also stated the amount my sponsor is providing for the first year on the i-20 which is the total amount on the account as at then but now my question is, can i go to the embassy for my interview with the copies of the bank statement the school sent back along with the i-20 or i should tell my sponsor to request another recent bank statement whenever i'm going for my interview but i'm scared the account balance might not be upto the total amount it was during my admisson process and it might even get higher vice versa? Please i need some answers. Thanks

Go with an original bank statement. If you can't get the original bank statement you used when applying for admission, you can get another one from your uncle.

However it isn't a must the bank statement is printed to date, because the current balance might be lower than required. Tell the banker to print from that day last month or 2 months ago when your uncle's account balance was above the school's required total to 6 months back. For eg, if today your uncle's balance is lower than required but on 25 August, his account balance was higher than the required, ask the banker to print from 25 august to 25 february(6 months back). Banks do it. It isn't a must that you print from that very day of printing backwards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2013
abnice2004: Hello everyone. Am 26years old. I have my OND and I have started working. I have travellld to tanzania.india and southafrica. I wnt to go for undergrad in US. Gurus in da house,wot r my chances of gettin visa considering my age? Tnks

Nothing wrong with your age since you have some things that filled the gap but you've to be convincing that you're a genuine student. Datz or!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2013
abnice2004: Hello everyone. Am 26years old. I have my OND and I have started working. I have travellld to tanzania.india and southafrica. I wnt to go for undergrad in US. Gurus in da house,wot r my chances of gettin visa considering my age? Tnks

I've seen people get their visas for undergraduate study with their ages like yours(26 and above). And I've also seen such people get denied severally. However, its risky. The odds of getting the visa as an undergraduate going for studies at 26 years are more of denials than approvals.

I'd advice that you apply for masters instead. A few US universities don't discriminate between HND and B.Sc and these few universities accept HND results from Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 10:17am On Sep 28, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I've seen people get their visas for undergraduate study with their ages like yours(26 and above). And I've also seen such people get denied severally. However, its risky. The odds of getting the visa as an undergraduate going for studies at 26 years are more of denials than approvals.

I'd advice that you apply for masters instead. A few US universities don't discriminate between HND and B.Sc and these few universities accept HND results from Nigerians.

He said OND not HND

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by McKinzie: 11:02am On Sep 28, 2013
K
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2013
dmoney104: How are you all doing? Sorry, I have been away for a long time now , please i will be writing my TOEFL TESt soon i really need someone to help me out with some materials. davidobah843@yahoo.com
I'm also taking mine by November 9th...I'll email you, I dey come
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by maraduke: 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
hello house,please what are the things needed at the port of entry.Also is it possible for one to go to another state few days to resumption date.Please urgent response is highly needed as i want to buy ticket and am confused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
samnoah:

How does it feel if I say typing with a typewriter is better than using a Mac machine? Do you reckon? Online application has several advantages over paper in that: 1.) You will spend a lot of money printing the forms, 2.) You will spend a lot of money sending via DHL or God help you and you make use of nipost (you will nearly have a heartattack) 3.) Most schools testify that electronic application enhance the decision process because you can easily upload all the required materials at once... There are myriad of reasons why you should use online submission except your school demand you do it offline though. Cheers
he was saying paper applications gives you space to tell your school things about yourself that an online application won't give space for
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
Graviton: he was saying paper applications gives you space to tell your school things about yourself that an online application won't give space for

That's the job of an SOP!

My definition of his question is like; when you see FedEx at a very cheap rate and Nipost at a very expensive rate, and you still decide to opt in for Nipost as means of sending!

Paper apps are way slower than online apps, and you still have to spend on sending!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2013
Graviton: he was saying paper applications gives you space to tell your school things about yourself that an online application won't give space for

iamchux:

That's the job of an SOP!

My definition of his question is like; when you see FedEx at a very cheap rate and Nipost at a very expensive rate, and you still decide to opt in for Nipost as means of sending!

Paper apps are way slower than online apps, and you still have to spend on sending!

Your SOP should tell anything you want them to know about you bro. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
Bigfrancis!

I see you. . . cheesy

wats up na ?

How eastern shore ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dnpasion(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
Thanks bigfrancis and lisadem for your response. Find your response very useful. @bigfrancis please I would like to have your bbm pin so that I can ask u some few questions.
bigfrancis21:

Go with an original bank statement. If you can't get the original bank statement you used when applying for admission, you can get another one from your uncle.

However it isn't a must the bank statement is printed to date, because the current balance might be lower than required. Tell the banker to print from that day last month or 2 months ago when your uncle's account balance was above the school's required total to 6 months back. For eg, if today your uncle's balance is lower than required but on 25 August, his account balance was higher than the required, ask the banker to print from 25 august to 25 february(6 months back). Banks do it. It isn't a must that you print from that very day of printing backwards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
dnpasion: Thanks bigfrancis and lisadem for your response. Find your response very useful. @bigfrancis please I would like to have your bbm pin so that I can ask u some few questions.

Visit my profile page and send me a pm and I'll reply you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
Tochium:

He said OND not HND

I guess OND is still acceptable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
nomso27: Bigfrancis!

I see you. . . cheesy

wats up na ?

How eastern shore ?

I deferred to spring sha. Had some very important things yet to tidy up.

How you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
maraduke: hello house,please what are the things needed at the port of entry.Also is it possible for one to go to another state few days to resumption date.Please urgent response is highly needed as i want to buy ticket and am confused

Yes you can go to another state and stay for a few days. But make sure you report to your school when due.

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.