Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487608 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nov2(m): 9:45am On Oct 15, 2013
Nov2
Hey guys I really appreciate ur responses and say thank u all for enlightening me d more. To the questions ask, am going in for B.Sc, have written TOEFL which I believe is one of the standardised text. Secondly am being sponsored by my dad and want to claim that am assisting in his company. But where my fear is d working stuff, and d reason been that when I first applied I filled that am not currently working, and if I sud fill is that am working won't it contradicts or cause any confusion I.e if they refer to d old form.

And pls ao can I get a copy of study leave letter?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2013
seunolumonday: Amefrica has said it all,thanks ojap for puttin me in mind
We are waiting for your success story but don't forget my pounded yam n efo Oº°˚˚°ºo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:53am On Oct 15, 2013
Eid Mubaraq, Muslims on here. Damn, dem dey chop my share of Sallah meat cry cry and I'm here staring at the ceiling sad God dey grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 10:18am On Oct 15, 2013
kunlebal:
What about staff I'd card

Yes you should take it along wif u to the Interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 10:45am On Oct 15, 2013
imperiouxx: ^^^ pay slip isn't necessary if he's self sponsor.

What of if he is working under his sponsor company (mother), did he/she still need pay slip, Id card and appointment letter?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2013
Walspring:

What of if he is working under his sponsor company (mother), did he/she still need pay slip, Id card and appointment letter?
So far his working, he need to take those documents along but VO might not ask him to produce it. Just be prepare
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
kunlebal:
Don't get you bro, pay slip is not necessary if he's self sponsor or if he's not self sponsor.

That was written at my bed time. The last part of your statement is what I mean. "pay slip isn't necessary if he's not self sponsor"

If he's self sponsor, it's a necessary as back up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rsksoccer2: 3:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
Hello House,
Apart from campus can someone get job outside the school with F1 visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
rsksoccer2: Hello House,
Apart from campus can someone get job outside the school with F1 visa.

Yes and No.

Yes because the work is there but your SSN states clearly that only work under authorization of DHS which means only on campus.

No because you won't want to be on your way back home after being caught working outside authorization of DHS (off campus).

Mind you, intern is off campus but such is granted during breaks and a proper documentation must be kept.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

That was written at my bed time. The last part of your statement is what I mean. "pay slip isn't necessary if he's not self sponsor"

If he's self sponsor, it's a necessary as back up.
Ok boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rsksoccer2: 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
@Imperious-- Thanks for your urgent response. u re da bomb. I still need more clarifications on these becos my school said is after first semester u can apply for job on campus nd i will need to wrk to support myself. kindly provide me with the way forward.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
rsksoccer2: @Imperious-- Thanks for your urgent response. u re da bomb. I still need more clarifications on these becos my school said is after first semester u can apply for job on campus nd i will need to wrk to support myself. kindly provide me with the way forward.

Majority of international students usually get their jobs after their first semester. Reason is because before your arrival, those old students would have applied for the available positions. This is different for the graduates on GA..... GA is ready made employment.... just get to US and resume work.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by frankie2K(m): 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
De Tus: @frankie2k, did you receive my pm?
Ma broda, I saw that but that was an empty message, kind of auto-generated image, hope u are fairing well?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rawlizo(m): 12:15am On Oct 16, 2013
Greetings 2 all. Wana tnk y'all 4 d grt work, it shows d munificient character dat's rare dis days. I've bn getting a lot of useful tips by jst perusing tru dis thread. You pple ar wonderful. Finally took d GRE, but surprisingly fell short(294); verbal(148), quant(146). My question 2 everybody in d hux is, Is dere any hope of getting admission wit aid wit ds low scores? My CGPA is 3.78. Tho my penultimate nd final year performance was nice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:32am On Oct 16, 2013
rawlizo: Greetings 2 all. Wana tnk y'all 4 d grt work, it shows d munificient character dat's rare dis days. I've bn getting a lot of useful tips by jst perusing tru dis thread. You pple ar wonderful. Finally took d GRE, but surprisingly fell short(294); verbal(148), quant(146). My question 2 everybody in d hux is, Is dere any hope of getting admission wit aid wit ds low scores? My CGPA is 3.78. Tho my penultimate nd final year performance was nice.

First and foremost, what course you wanna study and the school(s) you are opting for...? Answers to the questions say a lot on your chances.

The scores + gpa can get you admission to some Unis in the US but defintely not the top-notch Unis and to be frank, the score is too low to compete for aid. I don't know the skills or working experiences you've accrued over years. Perhaps that can compliment the low scores and hopefully, you get the aid.

Advice: If you are bent on getting aid before leaving Naija, can you retake GRE? Or you just get the admission, perform excellently in your first semester and you might get the scholarship then. GETTING IT ALONGSIDE YOUR ADMISSION IS BETTER...

All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:43am On Oct 16, 2013
Ms Nas: Eid Mubaraq, Muslims on here. Damn, dem dey chop my share of Sallah meat cry cry and I'm here staring at the ceiling sad God dey grin

LOL... Wish you same Ms Nas. I felt same way too today but wetin man go do... Had fun in my little way sha but ended the day with a quiz in a class. Unlike Naija, NO NATIONAL/GENERAL Public holiday for the eid. Hmm. I told myself again, "Welcome to the US of A". grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 2:11am On Oct 16, 2013
Hello house,
What's happening? This Spring season is kinda dull in terms reading NLder's success story. Just 1 (Mandy) so far.
Make una do sharp sharp. If you are the next person to share your success story, lemme hear you say Hi grin

Wishing all spring applicants best of luck in their forthcoming interview.

To the guys who are keeping the thread alive, I hail Bo$$ imperiouxx (will still call you sir), Biggie (next available flight to Maryland) , Amefrica (#TeamNeverGiveUp), godG ( I gbadun your style, don't ever be intimidated.), Ricky, De Tus , Kunlebal ...

Peace out!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:15am On Oct 16, 2013
lisadem: Hello house,
What's happening? This Spring season is kinda dull in terms reading NLder's success story. Just 1 (Mandy) so far.
Make una do sharp sharp. If you are the next person to share your success story, lemme hear you say Hi grin

To the guys who's keeping the thread alive, I hail Bo$$ imperiouxx (will still call you sir), Biggie (next available flight to Maryland) , Amefrica (#TeamNeverGiveUp), godG ( I gbadun your style, don't ever be intimidated.), Ricky, De Tus , Kunlebal ...

Peace out!

Hope you are doing great sir. I'd be expecting it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 2:33am On Oct 16, 2013
lisadem:

LOL... Wish you same Ms Nas. I felt same way too today but wetin man go do... Had fun in my little way sha but ended the day with a quiz in a class. Unlike Naija, NO NATIONAL/GENERAL Public holiday for the eid. Hmm. I told myself again, "Welcome to the US of A". grin grin
Lol. Today was just a normal undecided Kept raining. Smh. My peeps wan use calls and pics kill me oo. I told my sisters to take a pic of the ram before they kill am grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 6:27am On Oct 16, 2013
I wont i promise i will even add goat meat,LOL
kunlebal:
We are waiting for your success story but don't forget my pounded yam n efo Oº°˚˚°ºo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rawlizo(m): 6:46am On Oct 16, 2013
lisadem:

First and foremost, what course you wanna study and the school(s) you are opting for...? Answers to the questions say a lot on your chances.

The scores + gpa can get you admission to some Unis in the US but defintely not the top-notch Unis and to be frank, the score is too low to compete for aid. I don't know the skills or working experiences you've accrued over years. Perhaps that can compliment the low scores and hopefully, you get the aid.

Advice: If you are bent on getting aid before leaving Naija, can you retake GRE? Or you just get the admission, perform excellently in your first semester and you might get the scholarship then. GETTING IT ALONGSIDE YOUR ADMISSION IS BETTER...

All the best
wana do pet eng, 4 d skls-TTU,Uni Of Tulsa,Texas A&M college station nd kingsville. Great advice bro, tnks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2013

To the guys who are keeping the thread alive, I hail Bo$$ imperiouxx (will still call you sir), Biggie (next available flight to Maryland) , Amefrica (#TeamNeverGiveUp), godG ( I gbadun your style, don't ever be intimidated.), Ricky, De Tus , Kunlebal ...

Peace out!

Yea bro! Testimonies running in soon.
WatchOut!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 7:46am On Oct 16, 2013

To the guys who are keeping the thread alive, I hail Bo$$ imperiouxx (will still call you sir), Biggie (next available flight to Maryland) , Amefrica (#TeamNeverGiveUp), godG ( I gbadun your style, don't ever be intimidated.) , Ricky, De Tus , Kunlebal ...

Peace out!

Thanks sir. God bless you. May you always walk tall. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obotubong: 8:36am On Oct 16, 2013
interview dates is open for tomorrow 17th lagos consular. this is for whom it may concern
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 9:15am On Oct 16, 2013

Peace out!
Thanks bro. Joining you guys soon,Deo Volente smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2013
@frankie, i got ur reply. Would email you again pretty soon:-) @Lisadem, nobody can intimidate me. I am a big boy:-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 9:59am On Oct 16, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have a friend who wants to go for m.sc in agric economics or related agricultural course. His cgpa isn't good 2.6/5.0 but he is preparing to smash GRE. I want to kw some cheap and averagely ranked schs he can apply to. can he get GA/TA considering his cgpa.

I will appreciate ur kind assistance as I kw little or nothing abt m.sc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 10:06am On Oct 16, 2013

Peace out!
Very soon we will share our success stories.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2013
seunolumonday: I wont i promise i will even add goat meat,LOL
I love goat meat Oº°˚˚°ºo, this woman no go kill me with laff. grin
When are you going for your interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 10:46am On Oct 16, 2013
Tochium: Hello everyone,

I have a friend who wants to go for m.sc in agric economics or related agricultural course. His cgpa isn't good 2.6/5.0 but he is preparing to smash GRE. I want to kw some cheap and averagely ranked schs he can apply to. can he get GA/TA considering his cgpa.

I will appreciate ur kind assistance as I kw little or nothing abt m.sc

Ermm...sir, tell that 'ur friend' to chk this out:
Bold 1: really, d cgpa is low, but u never can tell. After WES conversion, pray it falls between 2.5/4. The implication of this is that he might need to look for schools that accept a cgpa of 2.5 for admission.

Bold 2: I think that would be better. He's got no choice. +Ur friend should just forget about top notch schools o.

Bold 3: no one will do that for u sir, tell him to embrace google. www.usnews.com can help u on that. Afterwards, he should get a good SOP, brilliant LOR, then shoot! GA/TA depends on those most times.

On the whole, since he is 'ur friend', tell him to join this thread himself. Don't give him fish, teach him how to fish sir. Possibilities lie in being active. Let him put patience and vigour in his quest. He will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obotubong: 11:10am On Oct 16, 2013
my ogas in the house, the school i applied to sent me my i20 indicating my program as liberal art and sciences but when i applied, i applied for criminal justice, me just confuse oo cos i don't even no wat is liberal not to talk of art and science undecided. i have been researching steady online cos i guess i have to defend it to the vo as if dats wat i really want. the only good news about it is dat i guess its only NOUN dat offers it in niaja grin so it wud be a good reason to want to go study it in yankee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 11:14am On Oct 16, 2013
godG:

Ermm...sir, tell that 'ur friend' to chk this out:
Bold 1: really, d cgpa is low, but u never can tell. After WES conversion, pray it falls between 2.5/4. The implication of this is that he might need to look for schools that accept a cgpa of 2.5 for admission.

Bold 2: I think that would be better. He's got no choice. +Ur friend should just forget about top notch schools o.

Bold 3: no one will do that for u sir, tell him to embrace google. www.usnews.com can help u on that. Afterwards, he should get a good SOP, brilliant LOR, then shoot! GA/TA depends on those most times.

On the whole, since he is 'ur friend', tell him to join this thread himself. Don't give him fish, teach him how to fish sir. Possibilities lie in being active. Let him put patience and vigour in his quest. He will be fine.

Yes I have sent him the link to this thread this morning. If anyone on here knows any averagely ranked schs that accept 2.5 cgpa, letting me me kw the sch names isn't bad. I have limited knowledge abt m.sc cos I am going for b.sc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.