Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,717 members, 7,844,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488903 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 11:32am On May 15, 2013
Prettychyna: My Visa was approved today!!! Details later. He is a faithful God!

Congratulations, Thank God.

It'll only be goodnews from now on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 11:36am On May 15, 2013
Please I am expecting my i-20 in a few days but but I don't have a TOEFL and GRE score because my university waived it for me. What are my chances of getting the visa since I haven't taken any exams? Or is it compulsory to have taken them because the school I applied to doesn't need them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:44am On May 15, 2013
mr swagger:

@Olarwalay, thnx for your kind response. I will take the same route with you as well. I will tell my sponsor to look for a US address for me so that I will mail it there and they will then mail it to me.

It seems faster that way. Because me I dey fear to use regular mail, that is why I said I will ask you first before I make any drastic step.

@olarwalay, Did you pay the school to mail it to your cousin in US?

And also how much did your cousin pay to mail it to you through fedex? Hw long did it take the package to get to you?

Yes, it's better that way. Mine took just five working days to get here from Texas.

I did not pay the school for the mailing, so you don't have to pay too.

I hope you've called your international admissions officer that he/she should not mail your I-20 by regular mail yet?. I remember reading on the school's website that accepted student's admission package would be mailed to them after 3 days of the admission notification, and this will be by regular mail.

If you have, then all you need to do is call the international admission officer again and tell him/her that you'll like to change your mailing address to your sponsor's US address. Then send the US address to his/her email address immediately after calling.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 11:59am On May 15, 2013
congratulations!,was it in Lagos or Abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:02pm On May 15, 2013
mario2575: Please I am expecting my i-20 in a few days but but I don't have a TOEFL and GRE score because my university waived it for me. What are my chances of getting the visa since I haven't taken any exams? Or is it compulsory to have taken them because the school I applied to doesn't need them

It's always advisable to take tests to be on the saver side but since it's too late for you to take any of the above mentioned, all you need is the FAVOR OF GOD.

Search the thread for interview of those who did not take these tests and got their visa, so you can learn how they were able to scale through.

Most importantly, PRAY! PRAY!! and PRAY!!!. God is all you need to succeed and i wish you the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:16pm On May 15, 2013
dimejibab: @mr olarwalay....pls,i have posted a thread yestaday but since then i av not gotten any reply.pls,i need an urgent answer to my request and i guess u can help me out.i want to apply for america student visa sequealing to admission given to me at houston community college,houston texas.pls,i need all the likely quetions and answer to the question i may be asked.thanks,im counting on u

The chances of getting your visa with a community college's I-20 is very slim, though there's nothing impossible as i have read about people who got their's on this thread.

My own advise from the human point of view is to apply to a university instead, take the TOEFL and SAT exams and then go for your interview.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:17pm On May 15, 2013
@Prettychyna, please share your interview experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Prettychyna(f): 12:50pm On May 15, 2013
In

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 1:21pm On May 15, 2013
Prettychyna: Interview time was 7:30am in lagos. Got there around 6am.when it was my turn,I went to a chinese guy
VO: why are you going to US?
Me: am going for a phd program in human development and family studies.
VO: where?
Me: texas tech university
VO: why did you choose TTU?
Me: because they have seasoned professors in my field of interest
Vo: what other school did you apply to?
Me: I applied to a uni in canada(MUN) and texas a&m uni kingsville
Vo: why did you choose TTU over TAMUK?
Me: its because TTU offered me full funding
Vo: what course did you do in your masters?
Me: I have not done masters, am going for a post bachelors phd program so I will get my masters along the way.
Vo: what course did you study in undergraduate?
Me: I have a bachelor of science in nursing
Vo: do you have any relative in US?
Me: yes, I have 4 siblings(mentioned what they are doing)
Vo: all are studying in US?
Me: yes
Vo: are you married?
Me: no
Vo: what will this degree do for you?
Me: I want to be a professor in a research university especially in their medical college because my interest is in gerontology
Vo: am approving your visa, go to bla bla bla
He didn't ask for any document,or gre though I wrote both gre and toefl. That's how it went

congrats!!!!! No be dat chinko deny people anyhow?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 1:23pm On May 15, 2013
gr8ever:

congrats!!!!! No be dat chinko deny people anyhow?
na the guy ohh...na him delay me yesterday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2013
Prettychyna: Interview time was 7:30am in lagos. Got there around 6am.when it was my turn,I went to a chinese guy
Me: I have not done masters, am going for a post bachelors phd program so I will get my masters along the way.
Me: I want to be a professor in a research university especially in their medical college because my interest is in gerontology
He didn't ask for any document,or gre though I wrote both gre and toefl. That's how it went

Surely, you were favored! Congrats once again. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2013

Congrats and have a wonderful stay and study whenever you come.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:37pm On May 15, 2013
Oluwawapelumee:

Am next in line...with all the good news...will share mine soon by God's Grace.
Prettychyna Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kunsoft waiting to hear the good news too

Amen!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Prettychyna(f): 1:40pm On May 15, 2013
GboyegaD:

Congrats and have a wonderful stay and study whenever you come.
thanks dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Prettychyna(f): 1:42pm On May 15, 2013
olarwarlay:

Surely, you were favored! Congrats once again. smiley
thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dnpasion(m): 2:12pm On May 15, 2013
Congrats!
ivory23456: I got there at 5.30am for my 7.30am interview, lol.
Black American lady Interviewed me at about 8:30am. I tried to greet and smile but was too tired, didn't bother.
VO: pass me your docs
VO: why did you choose pittsburg state uni?
ME: its accredited by the AACSB and.....
VO: (cut me short) that's same with all business schools.
ME: (I just continued talking sha, cause I didn't want all I had planned to say to leave my head). Accreditation by that board is the highest standard of achievement for business schools, and as a graduate student I'd be open to research opportunities. Asides that the degree plan of psu consists of other fundamental components of ther programs like finance, HOUR, Internal auditing and these jobs are usually given to foreign professionals to handle for us in Nigeria(stole this line from mamacita) cheesy
VO: where did you do your undergrad study
Me: Uniabuja
VO: what have you been doing since then?
ME: did my nysc, got a certificate in mgt from NIM and joined the family business as a business analyst
VO: what's the business about?
ME: we supply, repair and do maintenance of computer systems for large companies.
VO: did you apply to any other school
Me: Yes, Portland State Uni and...(she cut me short again)
VO: so why did you pick Pitts state over Portland
ME: said same answer as b4 about degree plan of Pittstate
VO: so what do you plan to do with this degree
ME: I intend to grow the family business and get a top management position in a Nigerian bla bla
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my sister
VO: How many children in your family?
ME: 5
VO: what position are you?
ME: Last child( I'm not last, I'm 4th. Just said to make my case sweeter)
VO: did you do any tests?
ME: Yes, GMat and Toefl
VO: oh, that's great.
ME: (was about to bring out test score paper) she said don't bother.
VO: so I'm approving your visa....bla bla bla
ME: I said thank you like 4 times, lol
VO: she just kept smiling
I sha hurriedly left b4 she'd change her mind...
That's it o, not a single documents was asked from me.
The fasting and prayers paid off. Follow God o.lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dnpasion(m): 2:12pm On May 15, 2013
Congrats!
ivory23456: I got there at 5.30am for my 7.30am interview, lol.
Black American lady Interviewed me at about 8:30am. I tried to greet and smile but was too tired, didn't bother.
VO: pass me your docs
VO: why did you choose pittsburg state uni?
ME: its accredited by the AACSB and.....
VO: (cut me short) that's same with all business schools.
ME: (I just continued talking sha, cause I didn't want all I had planned to say to leave my head). Accreditation by that board is the highest standard of achievement for business schools, and as a graduate student I'd be open to research opportunities. Asides that the degree plan of psu consists of other fundamental components of ther programs like finance, HOUR, Internal auditing and these jobs are usually given to foreign professionals to handle for us in Nigeria(stole this line from mamacita) cheesy
VO: where did you do your undergrad study
Me: Uniabuja
VO: what have you been doing since then?
ME: did my nysc, got a certificate in mgt from NIM and joined the family business as a business analyst
VO: what's the business about?
ME: we supply, repair and do maintenance of computer systems for large companies.
VO: did you apply to any other school
Me: Yes, Portland State Uni and...(she cut me short again)
VO: so why did you pick Pitts state over Portland
ME: said same answer as b4 about degree plan of Pittstate
VO: so what do you plan to do with this degree
ME: I intend to grow the family business and get a top management position in a Nigerian bla bla
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my sister
VO: How many children in your family?
ME: 5
VO: what position are you?
ME: Last child( I'm not last, I'm 4th. Just said to make my case sweeter)
VO: did you do any tests?
ME: Yes, GMat and Toefl
VO: oh, that's great.
ME: (was about to bring out test score paper) she said don't bother.
VO: so I'm approving your visa....bla bla bla
ME: I said thank you like 4 times, lol
VO: she just kept smiling
I sha hurriedly left b4 she'd change her mind...
That's it o, not a single documents was asked from me.
The fasting and prayers paid off. Follow God o.lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Isobutylene: 2:44pm On May 15, 2013
Congratulations to prettychyna and ivory23456....wishing you girls all the best in your pursuit!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:51pm On May 15, 2013

because it's morning and switched to mode because another thread mate got her visa.

Next!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:06pm On May 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

because it's morning and switched to mode because another thread mate got her visa.

Next!

Nice smiley you used to express your sentence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:14pm On May 15, 2013
GboyegaD:

Nice smiley you used to express your sentence.

Thanks boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nitoksyahooco(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2013
olsmade:

Your personal acct statement is preferable, I am assuming of course, that there is sufficient money in it for at least a year of tuition and living expenses. Else, go with a sponsor's acct statement. Your payslip doesn't say much - it doesn't reflect how much you have saved which is what's important to them.
Thanks so much bro. I have my sponsor's statement. What I mean is that can I also take along my own to show am working and earning instead of pay slip. Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:44pm On May 15, 2013

Congratulations! Even with your immigrant intent obviously hanging out all over during the interview (4 siblings in the US and your intent to take up lectureship after graduation), you still got your visa!

Your interview just reiterated my previous belief. If you give the VO the impression that you're a promising student, he'll approve your visa because he knows full well that you're going to to their country to contribute positively.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:02pm On May 15, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Congratulations! Even with your immigrant intent obviously hanging out all over during the interview (4 siblings in the US and your intent to take up lectureship after graduation), you still got your visa!

Your interview just reiterated my previous belief. If you give the VO the impression that you're a promising student, he'll approve your visa because he knows full well that you're going to to their country to contribute positively.

Gbam^1000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 4:24pm On May 15, 2013
A big congrats to you.
I will soon go for my own interview, like you i got fully funded PhD. still awaiting my I-20,
Did you go with bank statements alongside the full funding?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 4:40pm On May 15, 2013
Is there anyone in Ibadan that has ever done the immunization (Against Rubella MMR, Mumps, Measles, HBV &Tetanus) and gotten a quick report cos I just got informed that I'll have to take whatever they'll give twice a month, which is a long process. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by poopppyLiillyy: 5:23pm On May 15, 2013
I av my visa interview for next week but Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ confuse as τ̅☺ whether τ̅☺ print my appointment confirmation page in coloured or just ordinary black and white.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 5:38pm On May 15, 2013
ivory23456:

Hey Pelumi, do you go to daystar? And a friend to TINUKE?

Yes!!!! Yes!!!! Yes!!!
Congratulatoons.

She was supposed to get me ur contact....
Talk to you soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by miky247: 5:40pm On May 15, 2013
@imperiouxx, please can you send me the GRE
Materials to miky247@yahoo.com.. Thankz man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 5:41pm On May 15, 2013
Omo make una leave that chinko oo...na my wife, na she give me visa lol...meanwhile the nigerian staffs in that embassy r a total disgrace...very rude and saucy....I can't forget the woman who attended to me, she was sounding so frustrated nd rude...I took her on tho...my friend had a similiar experience ystday with one of dem. I don't understand why we hate ourselves
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:43pm On May 15, 2013
miky247: @imperiouxx, please can you send me the GRE
Materials to miky247@yahoo.com.. Thankz man

Check webstradamus profile, there is an email you can get all the links for the materials from. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2013
poopppyLiillyy: I av my visa interview for next week but Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ confuse as τ̅☺ whether τ̅☺ print my appointment confirmation page in coloured or just ordinary black and white.thanks
I wish you success in the interview. You can print the appointment confirmation in green and magenta!!!!!! L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿. On a serious note, you can print in any mode so long as the information are conspicuous. Congrats in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.