Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,207 members, 7,846,007 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488959 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:57pm On May 14, 2013
Congratulations @Ivory23456
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:00pm On May 14, 2013
technolee:
Your bed or your chair, which is better for a sleep?!!!! It all depends on your location because 'A lizard in Lagos cannot become a crocodile in Abuja'. Visit the nearest visa office to you and be optimistic. Wish you all the best

This is sweet kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:10pm On May 14, 2013
marshaldollz: I got there by 9:27 even though my appintment was by 10:30.......he later said,I'm sorry I can't approve your visa,then that sheet was given to me.........Where did I go wrong oh?!...is it easier to get a Visa in Abj?

Sometimes, it's not that you made wrong mistake but not just time to get it (I mean luck factor). Prepare again, pray and have all fingers crossed. Best of luck next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:13pm On May 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

I just got you the Barron 19th edition from the bookstore however, they don't have Grubbers. I will try to see if I can get it. As to getting it, I go to church around Surulere and I will be working on the Island so it depends on which one is okay by you.

Surulere my church place. Are you still coming NM? But I'm in MS now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 11:33pm On May 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Your interview generally went well. From your write-up, I can't seem to pick out any flaws in your answers. Or did you fail to impress on the man that you're a promising student? Or is it that the man is just not kind at giving visas?
he wasn't just giving visas,when you see him sef you will know,lool!...even my firend was like arrgh,when I told him an asian man interviewd me...me sef tire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 11:35pm On May 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

Sometimes, it's not that you made wrong mistake but not just time to get it (I mean luck factor). Prepare again, pray and have all fingers crossed. Best of luck next time.
arrrgh,my luck must locate me oh!...I must get it and share my testimony,thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:54pm On May 14, 2013
marshaldollz: arrrgh,my luck must locate me oh!...I must get it and share my testimony,thanks bro

Saying amen on your behalf.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dimejibab: 11:57pm On May 14, 2013
hello pals,i am a very ambitious man in pursuit of usa student visa.pls,i need enquires about what are the likely questions i would be ask at the embassy and appropriate answer to the questions.i have gotten an admission letter to houston community college,houston texas to study computer science in the faculty of liberal science.pls,kindly put me through as i have so much believe in you nairalanders......thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 12:01am On May 15, 2013
ivory23456: I got there at 5.30am for my 7.30am interview, lol.
Black American lady Interviewed me at about 8:30am. I tried to greet and smile but was too tired, didn't bother.
VO: pass me your docs
VO: why did you choose pittsburg state uni?
ME: its accredited by the AACSB and.....
VO: (cut me short) that's same with all business schools.
ME: (I just continued talking sha, cause I didn't want all I had planned to say to leave my head). Accreditation by that board is the highest standard of achievement for business schools, and as a graduate student I'd be open to research opportunities. Asides that the degree plan of psu consists of other fundamental components of ther programs like finance, HOUR, Internal auditing and these jobs are usually given to foreign professionals to handle for us in Nigeria(stole this line from mamacita) cheesy
VO: where did you do your undergrad study
Me: Uniabuja
VO: what have you been doing since then?
ME: did my nysc, got a certificate in mgt from NIM and joined the family business as a business analyst
VO: what's the business about?
ME: we supply, repair and do maintenance of computer systems for large companies.
VO: did you apply to any other school
Me: Yes, Portland State Uni and...(she cut me short again)
VO: so why did you pick Pitts state over Portland
ME: said same answer as b4 about degree plan of Pittstate
VO: so what do you plan to do with this degree
ME: I intend to grow the family business and get a top management position in a Nigerian bla bla
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my sister
VO: How many children in your family?
ME: 5
VO: what position are you?
ME: Last child( I'm not last, I'm 4th. Just said to make my case sweeter)
VO: did you do any tests?
ME: Yes, GMat and Toefl
VO: oh, that's great.
ME: (was about to bring out test score paper) she said don't bother.
VO: so I'm approving your visa....bla bla bla
ME: I said thank you like 4 times, lol
VO: she just kept smiling
I sha hurriedly left b4 she'd change her mind...
That's it o, not a single documents was asked from me.
The fasting and prayers paid off. Follow God o.lol

I tap into your anointing and claim my own too IJN Amen!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:03am On May 15, 2013
dimejibab: hello pals,i am a very ambitious man in pursuit of usa student visa.pls,i need enquires about what are the likely questions i would be ask at the embassy and appropriate answer to the questions.i have gotten an admission letter to houston community college,houston texas to study computer science in the faculty of liberal science.pls,kindly put me through as i have so much believe in you nairalanders......thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 12:29am On May 15, 2013
[quote author=olarwarlay][/quote]

@Olarwalay, wats up bro, hope u cool.

I saw your previous post, when u posted about being accepted to Minnesota state university and you were required to pay for i-20 shipping fee.

I have also gotten admission as well to Minnesota state university.

I intend receiving my i-20 package by regular mail but will like to hear from you first before I proceed further.

I will like to know if you have received your i-20 package and how long did it take you to receive it through regular mail? because the last time I checked you concluded on receiving your i-20 package through regular mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:23am On May 15, 2013
mr swagger:

@Olarwalay, wats up bro, hope u cool.

I saw your previous post, when u posted about being accepted to Minnesota state university and you were required to pay for i-20 shipping fee.

I have also gotten admission as well to Minnesota state university.

I intend receiving my i-20 package by regular mail but will like to hear from you first before I proceed further.

I will like to know if you have received your i-20 package and how long did it take you to receive it through regular mail? because the last time I checked you concluded on receiving your i-20 package through regular mail.

I changed my mind about receiving it by regular mail because I figured it would take time before it gets here. So I ended up asking the school to mail it to my cousin in the US and then He mailed it to Me through Fedex.

I got it since last week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:46am On May 15, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Are you returning to Nigeria finally to work and settle or do you intend returning to the US?

Coming to visit my folks and also do an internship while I'm there. I'm moving out of the US for now but would visit as time permits.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:48am On May 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

Surulere my church place. Are you still coming NM? But I'm in MS now.

Not anymore since you went to MS. I'm moving to NY by weekend and would be going to NGA from there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:01am On May 15, 2013
GboyegaD:

Coming to visit my folks and also do an internship while I'm there. I'm moving out of the US for now but would visit as time permits.

Will be missing you my good friend who'll never forsake me cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:32am On May 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

Will be missing you my good friend who'll never forsake me cry

God dey for us all and He will do the best for us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 4:43am On May 15, 2013
so i went to collect my passport from VFS global....omo werey ni VO yen sha..she cancelled my sexy visiting(without prejudice tho)....i intend flying emirates, i hear dia flight attendants are superb but av very poor ground service i dubai...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:49am On May 15, 2013
dkgetmuny: so i went to collect my passport from VFS global....omo werey ni VO yen sha..she cancelled my sexy visiting(without prejudice tho)....i intend flying emirates, i hear dia flight attendants are superb but av very poor ground service i dubai...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:45am On May 15, 2013
dkgetmuny: so i went to collect my passport from VFS global....omo werey ni VO yen sha..she cancelled my sexy visiting(without prejudice tho)....i intend flying emirates, i hear dia flight attendants are superb but av very poor ground service i dubai...

Mi o gbo yinbo = I don't understand English?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 6:05am On May 15, 2013
olarwarlay:

I changed my mind about receiving it by regular mail because I figured it would take time before it gets here. So I ended up asking the school to mail it to my cousin in the US and then He mailed it to Me through Fedex.

I got it since last week.

@Olarwalay, thnx for your kind response. I will take the same route with you as well. I will tell my sponsor to look for a US address for me so that I will mail it there and they will then mail it to me.

It seems faster that way. Because me I dey fear to use regular mail, that is why I said I will ask you first before I make any drastic step.

@olarwalay, Did you pay the school to mail it to your cousin in US?

And also how much did your cousin pay to mail it to you through fedex? Hw long did it take the package to get to you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dimejibab: 7:00am On May 15, 2013
@mr olarwalay....pls,i have posted a thread yestaday but since then i av not gotten any reply.pls,i need an urgent answer to my request and i guess u can help me out.i want to apply for america student visa sequealing to admission given to me at houston community college,houston texas.pls,i need all the likely quetions and answer to the question i may be asked.thanks,im counting on u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:35am On May 15, 2013
dimejibab: @mr olarwalay....pls,i have posted a thread yestaday but since then i av not gotten any reply.pls,i need an urgent answer to my request and i guess u can help me out.i want to apply for america student visa sequealing to admission given to me at houston community college,houston texas.pls,i need all the likely quetions and answer to the question i may be asked.thanks,im counting on u
Mr Dimejibab it is highly unlikely that Vo's will approve visas for Nigerians intending to go to community colleges, reason is they tend to view such a person as a potential stow away. My advice would be take the standardized tests SAT &Toefl and then apply to about four safe universities, that'll increase your chances for securing the visa. Most importantly seek God's favour
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Prettychyna(f): 8:54am On May 15, 2013
My Visa was approved today!!! Details later. He is a faithful God!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 9:06am On May 15, 2013
Prettychyna: My Visa was approved today!!! Details later. He is a faithful God!

Am next in line...with all the good news...will share mine soon by God's Grace.
Prettychyna Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kunsoft waiting to hear the good news too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nitoksyahooco(m): 9:17am On May 15, 2013
Oluwawapelumee:

Am next in line...with all the good news...will share mine soon by God's Grace.
Prettychyna Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kunsoft waiting to hear the good news too

Hello house, pls I need to know which is preferable to take to the interview between the duo of my payslip and my personal acct.? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 10:16am On May 15, 2013

Congratulations dear. please post it on time. i have less than 24hrs to share mine. He is a real Faithful GOD.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 10:17am On May 15, 2013
I felicitate wit u. Go & make d GREEN-WHITE-GREEN flag proud
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2013
Gud day peeps. Pls does any1 av d Kaplan 2013 GRE Premium ebook wit d CD? I learnt Kaplan is best for d verbal section.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nitoksyahooco(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2013
Hello house, pls I need to know which is preferable to take to the interview between the duo of my payslip and my personal acct.? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:51am On May 15, 2013

Congratulations.... Yes! He is a Faithful God and will be ad-infinitum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 10:56am On May 15, 2013
nitoks@yahoo.co:

Your personal acct statement is preferable, I am assuming of course, that there is sufficient money in it for at least a year of tuition and living expenses. Else, go with a sponsor's acct statement. Your payslip doesn't say much - it doesn't reflect how much you have saved which is what's important to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 11:29am On May 15, 2013
Oluwawapelumee:

Congratulations.....we all will share our good news soon.

Hey Pelumi, do you go to daystar? And a friend to TINUKE?

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.