Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,192 members, 7,845,909 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488957 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 5:57pm On May 14, 2013
I got there by 9:27 even though my appintment was by 10:30....I got interviewd around 2pm....Vo:why do you want to go to the US..Me:for my undergraduate studies in computer sciece at Dixie State university...Vo:why Dixie state? Me:well Dixie state has a very strong computer science program and highly knowledgable professors being that they have the highest no of Phd holders in the state of Utah and practical approach in their teaching...Vo:what do you intend to gain from this course of study?..Me:I choose this course of study because the world is being computerrised right now and earing a degree in IT. Would boost my career prospects in the Nigerian job market being that most industries run it departments which has to do with securing networks...and he asked who would be sponsoring m...and I said my dad...Vo:did you write any standerdized Exams? Me:yes I did,I took the November/December SAT exams,then I gave him the score sheet..he read it for a while and nodding his head...he later said,I'm sorry I can't approve your visa,then that sheet was given to me.........Where did I go wrong oh?!...is it easier to get a Visa in Abj?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 6:00pm On May 14, 2013
ashlanddude:
none...its by faith, make your decision prepare and pray. I had once applied to lagos embassy with a different date of birth before and i chose thesame place for my student interview with a new passport and i got my visa. Its all about preparing and praying. Once denied doesnt mean door is closed but yours will not be that case
true talk!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 6:48pm On May 14, 2013
marshaldollz: I got there by 9:27 even though my appintment was by 10:30....I got interviewd around 2pm....Vo:why do you want to go to the US..Me:for my undergraduate studies in computer sciece at Dixie State university...Vo:why Dixie state? Me:well Dixie state has a very strong computer science program and highly knowledgable professors being that they have the highest no of Phd holders in the state of Utah and practical approach in their teaching...Vo:what do you intend to gain from this course of study?..Me:I choose this course of study because the world is being computerrised right now and earing a degree in IT. Would boost my career prospects in the Nigerian job market being that most industries run it departments which has to do with securing networks...and he asked who would be sponsoring m...and I said my dad...Vo:did you write any standerdized Exams? Me:yes I did,I took the November/December SAT exams,then I gave him the score sheet..he read it for a while and nodding his head...he later said,I'm sorry I can't approve your visa,then that sheet was given to me.........Where did I go wrong oh?!...is it easier to get a Visa in Abj?

@Marshadolz, Sorry for the denial. I pray you get it the 2nd time in jesus name. Have faith bro.

I suspect your SAT score. If you don't mind what was your SAT score? and did you do well in it?

Because it's not all about taking standarlized test, it's also about doing pretty well in the exams.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 7:08pm On May 14, 2013
mr swagger:

@Marshadolz, Sorry for the denial. I pray you get it the 2nd time in jesus name. Have faith bro.

I suspect your SAT score. If you don't mind what was your SAT score? and did you do well in it?

Because it's not all about taking standarlized test, it's also about doing pretty well in the exams.

Amen brother,thanks...I got a score of 1530 in total,I heard the man who interviewed me hardly gives out visa,an Asian man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 7:36pm On May 14, 2013
marshaldollz: Amen brother,thanks...I got a score of 1530 in total,I heard the man who interviewed me hardly gives out visa,an Asian man

Wow!!!! You did averagely well. Dts pretty cool. Almost the same score with mine.

I don't think it was the SAT score becos your score is good. It wasn't just your lucky day.

Prepare well for your next interview, take time to read the previous threads and learn from student's success stories, and I'm pretty sure you shall get it this time. Don't be discouraged bro. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 7:38pm On May 14, 2013
marshaldollz: Amen brother,thanks...I got a score of 1530 in total,I heard the man who interviewed me hardly gives out visa,an Asian man

Wow!!!! You did averagely well. Dts pretty cool. Almost the same score with mine.

I don't think it was the SAT score becos your score is good. Many people even get their student visa with scores lower than yours. It wasn't just your lucky day. It's just God's favour we all need..

Prepare well for your next interview, take time to read the previous threads and learn from student's success stories, and I'm pretty sure you shall get it this time. Don't be discouraged bro. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 7:43pm On May 14, 2013
marshaldollz: I got there by 9:27 even though my appintment was by 10:30....I got interviewd around 2pm....Vo:why do you want to go to the US..Me:for my undergraduate studies in computer sciece at Dixie State university...Vo:why Dixie state? Me:well Dixie state has a very strong computer science program and highly knowledgable professors being that they have the highest no of Phd holders in the state of Utah and practical approach in their teaching...Vo:what do you intend to gain from this course of study?..Me:I choose this course of study because the world is being computerrised right now and earing a degree in IT. Would boost my career prospects in the Nigerian job market being that most industries run it departments which has to do with securing networks...and he asked who would be sponsoring m...and I said my dad...Vo:did you write any standerdized Exams? Me:yes I did,I took the November/December SAT exams,then I gave him the score sheet..he read it for a while and nodding his head...he later said,I'm sorry I can't approve your visa,then that sheet was given to me.........Where did I go wrong oh?!...is it easier to get a Visa in Abj?

Sorry about the delay bro... It's yours next time by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 7:55pm On May 14, 2013
Kunsoft: Countdown!!! Few hours to go get the visa by GOD's grace.

It's your's bro, go get it!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 8:00pm On May 14, 2013
olarwarlay:

Sorry about the delay bro... It's yours next time by God's grace.
by his grace only,thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:08pm On May 14, 2013
Kunsoft: Countdown!!! Few hours to go get the visa by GOD's grace.

Go Kunsoft!!!....Go Kunsoft!!!....Go Kunsoft!!!.

You are coming back to share your testimony in Jesus name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 8:13pm On May 14, 2013
olarwarlay:

Go Kunsoft!!!....Go Kunsoft!!!....Go Kunsoft!!!.

You are coming back to share your testimony in Jesus name.

Amen
All the best kunsoft
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 8:15pm On May 14, 2013
mr swagger:

I don't think it was the SAT score becos your score is good. Many people even get their student visa with scores lower than yours. It wasn't just your lucky day. It's just God's favour we all need..

I will,thanks a lot for your support bro...will keep everyone posted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:32pm On May 14, 2013
kofsy:
Ok! Thanks... Is there a way I can reach you? I should have sent you a PM but I no longer have access to the email I used in opening this account, hence I can't receive/send PM.

I just got you the Barron 19th edition from the bookstore however, they don't have Grubbers. I will try to see if I can get it. As to getting it, I go to church around Surulere and I will be working on the Island so it depends on which one is okay by you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:33pm On May 14, 2013
OjaP:

Will pm you asap.

OK no problems.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2013
@smithjanetstore... how far now?. Did you get my mail(s)?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 9:19pm On May 14, 2013
I got there at 5.30am for my 7.30am interview, lol.
Black American lady Interviewed me at about 8:30am. I tried to greet and smile but was too tired, didn't bother.
VO: pass me your docs
VO: why did you choose pittsburg state uni?
ME: its accredited by the AACSB and.....
VO: (cut me short) that's same with all business schools.
ME: (I just continued talking sha, cause I didn't want all I had planned to say to leave my head). Accreditation by that board is the highest standard of achievement for business schools, and as a graduate student I'd be open to research opportunities. Asides that the degree plan of psu consists of other fundamental components of ther programs like finance, HOUR, Internal auditing and these jobs are usually given to foreign professionals to handle for us in Nigeria(stole this line from mamacita) cheesy
VO: where did you do your undergrad study
Me: Uniabuja
VO: what have you been doing since then?
ME: did my nysc, got a certificate in mgt from NIM and joined the family business as a business analyst
VO: what's the business about?
ME: we supply, repair and do maintenance of computer systems for large companies.
VO: did you apply to any other school
Me: Yes, Portland State Uni and...(she cut me short again)
VO: so why did you pick Pitts state over Portland
ME: said same answer as b4 about degree plan of Pittstate
VO: so what do you plan to do with this degree
ME: I intend to grow the family business and get a top management position in a Nigerian bla bla
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my sister
VO: How many children in your family?
ME: 5
VO: what position are you?
ME: Last child( I'm not last, I'm 4th. Just said to make my case sweeter)
VO: did you do any tests?
ME: Yes, GMat and Toefl
VO: oh, that's great.
ME: (was about to bring out test score paper) she said don't bother.
VO: so I'm approving your visa....bla bla bla
ME: I said thank you like 4 times, lol
VO: she just kept smiling
I sha hurriedly left b4 she'd change her mind...
That's it o, not a single documents was asked from me.
The fasting and prayers paid off. Follow God o.lol

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 9:24pm On May 14, 2013
Abeg don't mind my typos. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 14, 2013
ivory23456: Abeg don't mind my typos. grin
Congrats dear!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:30pm On May 14, 2013
waooooooooooooh Gongrats mes felicitations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:32pm On May 14, 2013
Sorry brov i havnt i dey fucking busy these days jst tell the time u are always less busy i go hint u gbabe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 9:43pm On May 14, 2013
Oluwawapelumee:

Congratulations.....we all will share our good news soon.

Amen o, Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

I just got you the Barron 19th edition from the bookstore however, they don't have Grubbers. I will try to see if I can get it. As to getting it, I go to church around Surulere and I will be working on the Island so it depends on which one is okay by you.
shocked shocked Are you serious? OMG! Thanks so much... Awwwwwww! I'm touched, I can't believe someone I don't know so well can do this within such a short notice... May God richly bless you!
I actually stay on the mainland! Don't worry, I can come to anywhere within Lagos to get it. I still wish there was a more private medium to talk and get some details. Will find a way around it, and will sure let you know ASAP. As regards getting 'G
rubbers', try get it if you can, but don't stress yourself or go out of your way to get it. I can make do with the Barron's, only that I started my study with Grubbers and I'm kinda addicted to it's mode of teaching/explanation.

Thanks once again, Gboyega! I'm grateful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:47pm On May 14, 2013
HOW MANY DAYS FASTING AND PRAYER MAKE I START MINE AS FROM NOW OOOO grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 14, 2013
ivory23456:

Amen o, Thank you!

Congrats,

You are coming to pennsylvania... cheesy

I stay in philly though
Safe journey smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 10:09pm On May 14, 2013
kofsy:
Congrats dear! This really calls for celebration grin grin grin After two rejections? God is indeed a faithful God! I'm so happy for you. God's time is the best + he has a spectacular way of surprising us...

thank you so much everyone.

@kofsy. no i meant i was rejected the first time on may 2nd. yeah, the lord's timing's always right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Allohrandy(m): 10:18pm On May 14, 2013
ivory23456: I got there at 5.30am for my 7.30am interview, lol.
Black American lady Interviewed me at about 8:30am. I tried to greet and smile but was too tired, didn't bother.
VO: pass me your docs
VO: why did you choose pittsburg state uni?
ME: its accredited by the AACSB and.....
VO: (cut me short) that's same with all business schools.
ME: (I just continued talking sha, cause I didn't want all I had planned to say to leave my head). Accreditation by that board is the highest standard of achievement for business schools, and as a graduate student I'd be open to research opportunities. Asides that the degree plan of psu consists of other fundamental components of ther programs like finance, HOUR, Internal auditing and these jobs are usually given to foreign professionals to handle for us in Nigeria(stole this line from mamacita) cheesy
VO: where did you do your undergrad study
Me: Uniabuja
VO: what have you been doing since then?
ME: did my nysc, got a certificate in mgt from NIM and joined the family business as a business analyst
VO: what's the business about?
ME: we supply, repair and do maintenance of computer systems for large companies.
VO: did you apply to any other school
Me: Yes, Portland State Uni and...(she cut me short again)
VO: so why did you pick Pitts state over Portland
ME: said same answer as b4 about degree plan of Pittstate
VO: so what do you plan to do with this degree
ME: I intend to grow the family business and get a top management position in a Nigerian bla bla
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my sister
VO: How many children in your family?
ME: 5
VO: what position are you?
ME: Last child( I'm not last, I'm 4th. Just said to make my case sweeter)
VO: did you do any tests?
ME: Yes, GMat and Toefl
VO: oh, that's great.
ME: (was about to bring out test score paper) she said don't bother.
VO: so I'm approving your visa....bla bla bla
ME: I said thank you like 4 times, lol
VO: she just kept smiling
I sha hurriedly left b4 she'd change her mind...
That's it o, not a single documents was asked from me.
The fasting and prayers paid off. Follow God o.lol
Congrats. I am glad you finally got the visa..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 10:18pm On May 14, 2013
I.Joan:

Congrats,

You are coming to pennsylvania... cheesy

I stay in philly though
Safe journey smiley

Thank you! cheesy
Everyone thinks its the pittsburg in Pennsylvania, but this one is in Kansas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 10:23pm On May 14, 2013
Allohrandy: Congrats. I am glad you finally got the visa..

Yeah, thanks for your help. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:38pm On May 14, 2013
kofsy: .
shocked shocked Are you serious? OMG! Thanks so much... Awwwwwww! I'm touched, I can't believe someone I don't know so well can do this within such a short notice... May God richly bless you!
I actually stay on the mainland! Don't worry, I can come to anywhere within Lagos to get it. I still wish there was a more private medium to talk and get some details. Will find a way around it, and will sure let you know ASAP. As regards getting 'G
rubbers', try get it if you can, but don't stress yourself or go out of your way to get it. I can make do with the Barron's, only that I started my study with Grubbers and I'm kinda addicted to it's mode of teaching/explanation.

Thanks once again, Gboyega! I'm grateful.

Thank God. It is just one of those things. You don't know how God has raised so much help for me that I now know that whenever you are opportuned to help, do it as God is the only one who rewards our kind gestures.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:39pm On May 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

I will try to. I should be in Lagos before the end of the month.

Are you returning to Nigeria finally to work and settle or do you intend returning to the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:44pm On May 14, 2013

Your interview generally went well. From your write-up, I can't seem to pick out any flaws in your answers. Or did you fail to impress on the man that you're a promising student? Or is it that the man is just not kind at giving visas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:50pm On May 14, 2013
ivory23456: Abeg don't mind my typos. grin
Congrats jare. It's not easy. I like the way you wriggled through your interview. That shows you're a sharp person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.