Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,460 members, 7,954,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:40 AM

Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) (26861 Views)

Delta University Arrests Man For Writing Exams For GF / Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust / Students Writing Exams On The Floor In Gubi, Bauchi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by ibkgab001: 9:10am On Mar 20, 2013
Why are they not going to pass does that have anything to do with what they have in their upstairs that matter most
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by DCTrendy(m): 9:16am On Mar 20, 2013
Poster,

U have the opp for effecting a change in that school!

Don't be afraid! U re a corper. What will ur Oga @ the top do for you?

Tell us the state n local govt. If i were u, i will mention name of that school

The future of those children is at risk with such a condition. Plz tell us, where is this school located?
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by omoalaafin: 9:18am On Mar 20, 2013
One example of failure of Government and the Nigerian State.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by demitreasure: 9:19am On Mar 20, 2013
Destined students, wonderful school and great Nation-Nigeria.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by JahMan1: 9:19am On Mar 20, 2013
Burger01:
...and how would a student excel in such 'hash' study condition? Na wa o.. sad

Truth is, even if you put the kids of these days in an air-conditioned/computerised classrooms with internet, all they will do is chat with friends,watch p0rn0graphy and feel good.
As much as I condemn this kind of backward and inhuman condition of learning,I must tell you that those pictures reminds me of my college days.Those on the floor are those their parents can't afford a 'locker' and 'stool'.Tears........!I mean this school in the pix is worse than my days even.
I visited my sec school after years of graduating from university and took pictures.If I post it here it will be another 'issue'.But I later found out that students do abandon the school to register at 'special centres' to get a magical SSCE results.
Some of us schooled in those kind of schools,prepared for SSCE without an English & Lit in English teacher,no Chemistry teacher after SS2,etc.We still made our distinctions and a few credits.Because back then,we only believed we have to go to school to make it in life.
These days younger folks believe they can steal,kidnap,rap,sing,play whatever game,join political thugs,etc. However,most of them seem not to be serious with any.
Our government has failed us completely from Federal to state to local govt.
We need communal efforts to help ourselves and improve our lives. Some of my old boys are sensitizing us to contribute for the renovation of our school. So it is in road maintenance and scholarships,etc.
I directed some students to apply for a certain scholarship from an NGO and I tell you only one of them was bold to do the application after considering the criteria which is just average.The scholarship was for indigent students that are promising.But those I sent the thing are not so dedicated scholars because of special centre syndrome.I sometimes manage to just help some pay fees because I have to.Their written and spoken english suggest to me that these guys are not serious.Who is to blame? The government alone?
Some of us are praying for God's blessings to enable us do the work of the irresponsible govt....AMEN!
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by jidewin(m): 9:26am On Mar 20, 2013
@ Seary,

Thank you for this information.You are helping that very community by posting this story here.I would also advise you send a copy of this report to saharareporters and Punch newspaper.They will grant you "anonymous" report and publish same story.

See why those bunch of bastards in govt from FG to LG chairmen should be shot at sight?. Many if not most of them are beneficiaries of free education in order to improve the status of "generations coming after them".Is this the case in present Nigeria today??. Rather,they would loot our taxes to establish private schools for their ilks and the riches oNLY.

WITH ALL OF MY HEART,I PRAY FOR A MILITARY COUP IN NIGERIA.LETS BREAK THE COUNTRY DOWN AND RE-START AFRESH. angry angry angry
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Sabotage4700(m): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2013
Red-Light:
which country, state and local govt is this?
this is no where than Nigeria of course... Umukoro development community high school, hw can u pass.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Isiterere(m): 9:32am On Mar 20, 2013
I believe dis OP don't mean business and he/she doesn't want to give a helping hand to the student concern. Give full detail of this pix; name,local government and state of the school. Doing this may bring succor to this school and student as well. This school is in South cos no Hijab is seeing, but this is not Osun state cos Ogbeni has changed their Uniform.(Am a corp member presently serving in Ilesa)...
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Ojukwu24(m): 9:35am On Mar 20, 2013
dare2think: And we have a president that has a feeding allowance of a Billion naira and governors buying jets.

Nigeria is one of the most ungodly nation in the world. All that church going and mosque going is just farcical.

Must you blame the president? Where is the state governor?
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by ultiliberty(m): 9:53am On Mar 20, 2013
HOW CAN NIGERIA RAISE A GOOD LEADERSHIP THAT GOVERN US IN FUTURE WITH THIS KIND OF MENTALITY PLANTED INTO THESE CHILDREN? ITS A SHAME ON THE PART OF THE LOCAL, STATE & FEDERAL GOVERNMENTS

MAY GOD IN HIS INFINITE MERCY FORGIVE THE PAST & THE PRESENT LEADERSHIP OF THIS COUNTRY & ALSO GIVE US A PROMISING LEADERSHIP WHO WILL TAKE US TO THE PROMISED LAND.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by sherif4owo(m): 9:53am On Mar 20, 2013
sori sori for Nigeria
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by anonimi: 9:55am On Mar 20, 2013
dare2think: And we have a president that has a feeding allowance of a Billion naira and governors buying jets.

And how much is the budget for feeding allowance by your governor and LGA chairman
Hope you don't mind sharing that with us.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by olabiz2010: 9:57am On Mar 20, 2013
To think GEJ is shoeless man during is secondary school time make me think these lads we surely become a great person in life as well.

#methink
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by JummyBy: 9:57am On Mar 20, 2013
What's the essence of the post if the name of the school, the state and the LGA cannot be divulged? It could be a planned defamatory work sef undecided
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by victorD3: 10:02am On Mar 20, 2013
We went through all this in life and Still came out all clean. That's why I don't think twice when I spoil myself because this young man has seen it all.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by buklan4realyah(f): 10:09am On Mar 20, 2013
OMO! I beg which state b dis? wetin deir govnr dey do nd deir LG chairman? niger sucks undecided
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by searay(m): 10:12am On Mar 20, 2013
Inik:
The school is in Akwa ibom state
CSS, Oruk Anam LGA.
Oya make my Oga at the top kill me.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by IGBOSON1: 10:17am On Mar 20, 2013
deelobe: If you really want to help. Let us the state and local government. Most of the schools in the villages are like this. You can see some aren't wearing shoes.

^^^You've got me thinking......it could be Otuoke, Bayelsa state. undecided
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by ogele: 10:25am On Mar 20, 2013
Is in Oyo state. ACN controlled state
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 20, 2013
searay:
CSS, Oruk Anam LGA.
[/size]

AKWA IBOM STATE[size=8pt]
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Peterboy1(m): 10:30am On Mar 20, 2013
very terible
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by searay(m): 10:30am On Mar 20, 2013
Pangea:

You have no moral leg to stand on for posting those pictures without the location!
Infact you are dic.kless coward, how much are they paying you to turn the other way in the face of rot and decay?
I must tell you, you are part of the problem!
An opportunity presented itself, to be a voice in the wilderness and you are here shi.tting your pant!
Post the location and put the devil to shame now!

Imagine if it was wole Soyinka, Martin Luther king, or Ken saro wiwa that took those pictures?
please how old are you?
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by neksummi(m): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2013
This is pathetic!
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Enokelz: 10:48am On Mar 20, 2013
dis is so awful......... cry
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Princek12(m): 10:50am On Mar 20, 2013
No wonder
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Toppiano(m): 11:01am On Mar 20, 2013
mike404:
What is labtops? undecided

Labtops can be defined as a laboratory with a top i.e. that is lab + tops grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Munepirates: 11:02am On Mar 20, 2013
Ijawboi: @OP, only you say you visit the school, only you come talk say them post you go there... Hmmmmm hmmmm hMmmm

Na english, or the lack of it, dey worry you
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by eldoradoxx: 11:04am On Mar 20, 2013
OK_2_NV: Their parents are also to blame. Can't they at least provide chairs for their own kids if the government is not ready to provide?
This is exactly the point. When I was in secondary school, it was mandatory to own your a locker with a seat. Govt never provided that and it worked perfectly well. Infact the class had more lockers and seats than was needed due to the fact that graduating students hardly ever took their home. If govt cannot provide, why wouldn't serious parents provude for their wards.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by SEVENTYSEVEN(m): 11:10am On Mar 20, 2013
Chinwem: Which other country?? Nigeria of course
How sure are you? We see everything bad as Nigeria.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by eldoradoxx: 11:17am On Mar 20, 2013
PDPwayoo: Nigerians should get ready for revolution as GEJ and PDP continues to inflict more pains to the masses.
Perhaps this school was built during IBB or Abacha regime. Where is democracy and PDP since 1999??
You will be shocked that this school is in one of the opposition party states. Opposition that has promised to come change Nigeria. I served also in one state governed by an opposition party that is part of APC, the school that is a trekking distance from government house is also like that in the picture. So who is deceiving who?
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by eldoradoxx: 11:19am On Mar 20, 2013
Tony Spike: There is a 60% probability that this school is located somewhere in Enugu or anywhere in the East. When I served in Enugu in 2008, my secondary school was very much like this. I heard the school had been abandoned for almost 20 years! At that particular LGA I served (name withheld), principals bribe the NYSC Zonal Administration to get higher allocation of corpers for teacher! The school where I served had just the principal, vice-principal and just 2 teachers. This is a school that has J.S.S 1 to S.S.3 classes.
Enugu state's education system was a mess as far back as 2009. I hope things have changed now...
My dear it is similar tale all over the country and not limited to a particular state or region.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 20, 2013
searay:
CSS, Oruk Anam LGA.

ANAMBRA shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Teaching Experience As A Corper/pyschologist In A Public And Private School. / Gain Admission Into Any Private University In Accra Ghana, No Jamb Or Post Jamb. / New Retirement Age For Teachers Approved By FEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.