Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students (18848 Views)

Who Recommended This Textbook To Students - PHOTO / Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques / Ekiti Distributes Free Laptops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by wola44: 3:41pm On Mar 19, 2013
Secondary School Students Get Free Computer Tablets In Osun

The government of Osun state on Tuesday commenced the distribution of free computer tablets otherwise known as ‘Opon Imo’ (tablet of knowledge) to students in the state’s Senior Secondary Schools.

The distribution kicked off at Ataoja School of Science in Osogbo, the state capital, where about 387 students in SS 2 were given the mobile device.

The ‘Opon Imo’ contains apps such e-book library, integrated test zone and 17 virtual classroom subjects to enhance e-learning for the students.

The tablet with its technology enhanced learning platform is expected to complement efforts of the teachers and students for better performance in learning and teaching.

Opon Imo also contains past questions and additional traditional subjects, as well as the West African Examination Council (WAEC) and National Examination Council (NECO) syllabuses.

Speaking to Channels Television, elated students and teachers admitted that the Opon Imo will go a long way in preparing the students for external examinations.

The government has said the learning device would be given to students in SS 1 to SS 3 in all its secondary schools.

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/19/secondary-school-students-get-free-computer-tablets-in-osun/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Kudos to Ogbeni.

8 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by wola44: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
Front page

2 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by bigx(m): 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
Chai!! see contract, where was I? angry

2 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by adexsimply(m): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
are there images to support this claim pls?
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by jagabanban: 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
Una suppose put foto of the 'opon imo' na!
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by rodeo0070(m): 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
Cool...
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by patholaw: 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2013
Opon Imo.
D Gov is trying oh...
Make dem cut d students warning make dem no go dey sell am oh. grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by coninse: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Aphrygian(m): 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
Waiting 4 sincerenigeria to come and attack this thread.@watching in HD@

2 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
I am loving this Aregbe man o

1 Like

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
What type of tablet PC is Opon Imo? It has traditinal learning apps Abeg o! Else, a luadable project sha. Any pics anyone?
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by collins125: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
How many students?

Don't tell me no Osun state indigenes dey nairaland to confirm this...

Off topic *Madam, add dogoyaro 50 naira to dis buruntashi, make I jam bodi proper*

2 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by oloyedejamiu: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
I dey fear this man...he is really trying

1 Like

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by sobastical: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
Nice move and development, regardless of the budget and allocation for it. Thumbs up engr aregbe.
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Funkymallam(m): 6:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
Not bad idea.

At least all those cheap chinese tablets u can brand with any name you want.

Just pray the students ain't tough cus such stuffs are more than fragile.

1 Like

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by alaoeri: 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
Whether them like it or not SW still have an edge over other regions in all ramifications. Kudos to ogbeni cool

2 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Melancholy(m): 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
Aregbesola has took a lead role interms of ensuring a qualitative education.This prove to us that he's more than a hardworking governor OSUN A DARA JU BAYI LO OOO!!!

4 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
patholaw: Opon Imo.
D Gov is trying oh...
Make dem cut d students warning make dem no go dey sell am oh. grin
or use am watch HD pörn grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
"Opon Imo" lol
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by TableLeg(m): 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
ItsModella:
or use am watch HD pörn grin grin grin
SMH .... You and po..rn!
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by ebamma(m): 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
.nice one but I hope say no be chinese tablets were no go last reach 3 months where them give them so,cos to me a mini laptop will have been a better option
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by strangest(m): 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
Can someone provide the full specification of opo imo... Does it run on wifi? Are they going to provide internet services? Cant say anything till then..

2 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Fhemmmy: 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
We will wait to know the type of tablet, the specs and how much the contract cost or at least the cost per tablet . . . No more to using this innocent students to steal money . . . But if the intention was right, i applaud it. . . Hopefully there is light to power it tongue
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by adim2(m): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
It would be a laudable project if and if only they will try as much as possible to restrict the tablet to research and knowledge purpose only. But if the tablet is not restricted. Hahaha i laugh in spanish, the students who are beneficiary of this tablets will just use it for another purpose which will surely defeat the aim of the project.
in as much as the project is commendable, they should also give account on hw much the project itself costed.

1 Like

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by ogeoflyf(f): 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
Melancholy: Aregbesola has took a lead role interms of ensuring a qualitative education.This prove to us that he's more than a hardworking governor OSUN A DARA JU BAYI LO OOO!!!

Hiancheesy . I agree he has rili took a lead role grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by TableLeg(m): 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
I have a feeling the it is going to be similar to "kindle" or something ....
This wont be your average Ipads or something like that, beleeedat!
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by gen2briz(m): 6:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
South west again....
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by slimming: 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
Having such device without internet connection equal to Calculator.
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by ziccoit: 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
strangest: Can someone provide the full specification of opo imo... Does it run on wifi? Are they going to provide internet services? Cant say anything till then..

See stxxid questions o. Ok, let's go there;

Are they going to employ cleaners to help clean the tablets?

Who will help students carry the tablets?

Can the tablets serve other purpose like serving tray?

etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WAEC Syllabus 2016/17 Updated - WASSCE Syllabus / English Word With Three Different Consecutive Repeated Letters? / Parents, Teachers Panic As Lunatic,hoodlums Take Over Ekiti School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.