Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,248 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students (18860 Views)

Who Recommended This Textbook To Students - PHOTO / Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques / Ekiti Distributes Free Laptops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Ariyke: 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
Good move

1 Like

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by courage89(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
I think this is not only a bad idea, but wastage of public funds. How are these people to charge tablets when there is no constant electricity? What benefit/benefits are they to gain by learning how to use e-tablets, that will be useful to them in real life? How much are they expensing on these elephant projects? How do you quantify the benefits of these projects and how do you measure its success?

Why not use these funds to build libraries, and equip them with necessary books, past questions and other tools to enabble these student focus properly. Why not use these funds to subsidize after hour lessons for these students. Why not use the money to setup computer labs, and employ competent teachers to teach these students the fundamental rudiments of ict.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Funkymallam(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
Fhemmmy: We will wait to know the type of tablet, the specs and how much the contract cost or at least the cost per tablet . . . No more to using this innocent students to steal money . . . But if the intention was right, i applaud it. . . Hopefully there is light to power it tongue

You sabi Nigerian politicians die cheesy cheesy

I just pray its not just rejected 64ram "Tablets" they give these kids. Which shouldn't cost more than 6k each but till we see the spec and price. grin
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by manny4life(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
smh @ O-tablet undecided undecided
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by ziccoit: 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=adim2]It would be a laudable project if and if only they will try as much as possible to restrict the tablet to research and knowledge purpose only. But if the tablet is not restricted. Hahaha i laugh in spanish, the students who are beneficiary of this tablets will just use it for another purpose which will surely defeat the aim of the project.
in as much as the project is commendable, they should also give account on hw much the project itself costed.[/quote

Go here to know more http://oponimo.com/
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by theripper: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
Na 2go dem go install inside am,
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by manny4life(m): 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=ziccoit][/quote]

Lol, but the links are not working na? shocked
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by johnwizey: 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
On my way to osun to colet my own aftawhich i go unlock am
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by emmasege: 6:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
knowing nigerian politicians for who they are, this is a subtle way of siphoning public funds in the name of qualitative education. imagine the number of tablets that will go round thousands of students in osun public schools, if it ever goes round. would the students return the tablets to their schools after passing out. Like someone rightly pointed out, why not use the funds to develop school libraries instead of embarking on this white elephant and unsustainable project?. ogbeni had better focus on projects that he can finish in less than a year, because we are voting him out come next year. A thousand thiefnubus can not impose a fanatic on us again.
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by ITbomb(m): 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
Can it do 2go?
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Ogaatthetop3: 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
alaoeri: Whether them like it or not SW still have an edge over other regions in all ramifications. Kudos to ogbeni cool
A SE governor who provided free education/scholarship worth over N200,000 to each secondary school student and the one who gave cheap made-in-china "customised to low standard" tablets worth about NI0k each to students...who is better? Answer the question before u rant trash about having a fantasy edge in all raminifications.
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Damselnoni(f): 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
bigx: Chai!! see contract, where was I? angry
me toooo oooooooooo
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Godyke(m): 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
Will they be allowed to take the devices home? Because me I cannot guaranty the safety and completeness of these devices even one week if they are allowed to be going home with it. Lets bet. There will be serious cases of loss, theft, sale and damage. I can assure you on that.
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Akiika: 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
My guess is that the e-learning stuffs must have been pre-downloaded into the tablet before handing it over to the students. Well, not a bad idea but will the student get generators to charge the tablet when the battery is running low in power? I think equipping public and school libraries with computers may be more effective, but where are the libraries? Anyway, it's a good gesture...at least the Governor is not dashing another rich artiste Prado for wedding like the Akwa Ibom scumbag Gov. did.
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Abirisegun(m): 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
That is my state, am a proud Osun guy.
God bless Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola! God bless Omoluabi state!! God bless South West!!! God bless Nigeria!!!!
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by 32D: 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
Melancholy: Aregbesola has took a lead role interms of ensuring a qualitative education.This prove to us that he's more than a hardworking governor OSUN A DARA JU BAYI LO OOO!!!
[size=14pt]Jesus Christ of Nazareth .... Aregbesola won't be proud of you[/size]
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by blackbeau1(f): 7:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
Encouragement to facebook and 2go more.beautiful incentive for children who are already distracted by phones
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by lagbaja(m): 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
courage89: I think this is not only a bad idea, but wastage of public funds. How are these people to charge tablets when there is no constant electricity? What benefit/benefits are they to gain by learning how to use e-tablets, that will be useful to them in real life? How much are they expensing on these elephant projects? How do you quantify the benefits of these projects and how do you measure its success?

Why not use these funds to build libraries, and equip them with necessary books, past questions and other tools to enabble these student focus properly. Why not use these funds to subsidize after hour lessons for these students. Why not use the money to setup computer labs, and employ competent teachers to teach these students the fundamental rudiments of ict.

Open up your mind. Don't you charge your phone in spite of lack of constant electricity. With this tool, the students can learn in privacy and into the night. Providing libraries and the others u mentioned can only be complements and not replacements.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by 32D: 7:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
Fhemmmy: We will wait to know the type of tablet, the specs and how much the contract cost or at least the cost per tablet . . . No more to using this innocent students to steal money . . . But if the intention was right, i applaud it. . . Hopefully there is light to power it tongue
it must have been motivated by selfish interest...TINUBU IS INVOLVED
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by gustdableman(m): 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by lateef4me(m): 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
Waste of limited income accruing to the state from FG.....
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by bilms(m): 7:18pm On Mar 19, 2013
Kudos to Aregbe on this.
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
ziccoit:

See stxxid questions o. Ok, let's go there;

Are they going to employ cleaners to help clean the tablets?

Who will help students carry the tablets?

Can the tablets serve other purpose like serving tray?

etc.

I dont see anything wrong in the question being asked by the guy . . . cos there is no point giving took to people if they cant use them.
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
Funkymallam:

You sabi Nigerian politicians die cheesy cheesy

I just pray its not just rejected 64ram "Tablets" they give these kids. Which shouldn't cost more than 6k each but till we see the spec and price. grin

That is why i would love to see the specs and pic of the "tablet" cos i know election is around the corner and so much money is needed for campaigner to make things happen
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by duality(m): 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
osun APC machinery on nairaland will increase by 70%. lets wait and see when those tablets will besiege nairaland.
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
32-D:

it must have been motivated by selfish interest...TINUBU IS INVOLVED

i just wanna know more and then, we will be able to comment moreeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by rman: 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
I have seen and held this device and I can boldly say it is the best thing to happen to secondary school education since democracy started.

The key points and features :

It contains waec And jamb questions past ten years.

It contains 17 secondary school subjects and practice questions after each chapter.

Dictionary, bible and quran installed.

Two games loaded ( scramble nd chess)

It shows assigned students name when powered.

You don't need Internet to use it

Videos for practicals will be loaded on it very soon.

These are just a few.

Mind you. Every students gets one in senior secondary school.

Learnt Oyo and Ekiti will soon follow suit.

I give Aregbe kudos for this.

8 Likes

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by lukmn(m): 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
w0t 0f we,wey dy 0sunp0ly..,wen dem g0 share us lappy...mtcheew lecturer salary e n0 pay...na tablet e dy share.TABLET K0 CAPSULE NI
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
All d innocent kids have been initiated into iya oshoronhga
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by earthgreeners(m): 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
Fhemmmy: I dont see anything wrong in the question being asked by the guy . . . cos there is no point giving took to people if they cant use them.

Bros.. The govt are not fools...an average SS1 student should be able to operate the devise...u can see from the picture (Projector on the table) that they trained them on how to use it.....

Kudos to Rauf Aregbesola

www.oponimo.com
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by seunny4lif(m): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: All d innocent kids have been initiated into iya oshoronhga
U don smoke ooooo cheesycheesycheesy It is indirect come to our world...This project just cost osun state 6.5Billion naira and very soon the government will share something again....
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by omarky(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
lagbaja:

Open up your mind. Don't you charge your phone in spite of lack of constant electricity. With this tool, the students can learn in privacy and into the night. Providing libraries and the others u mentioned can only be complements and not replacements.

My brother, you have spoken well. I gv Ogbeni my support on this. Thesse students hardly go to liberary. They prefer to go about playing soccer during breaks and render the liberary useless. Even the librarian is useless. Students @ this level will be eager to learn how to use this tablet because there mates in private school knows what computer is all about.
Even if these tablets are of chainese product, its better than getting a loan of 18billion naira to build 6 stadia that the past administration embarked on when the state of Osun didn't host even COJA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. / English Word With Three Different Consecutive Repeated Letters? / Parents, Teachers Panic As Lunatic,hoodlums Take Over Ekiti School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.