Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? (25376 Views)

Read What Obama Said About President Buhari And Nigeria / Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. / What Qualities Do Want Presidential Candidates In 2015 Election To Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

They are fighting and yet no result, the nation is losing billions that could have been invested and yet we have to be satisfied that he is fighting? not good enuf, either he resolve it or give someone that have a clue a chance.
We cant continue to play trial and error with future leader's life.

You are complaining. You are a typical example of someone who has no positive suggestion yet you sit on the fence and complain. You do not belong to any Political Party, I doubt if you have ever voted. Yet you complain more and more. Do you have any strategy criticism, and solution you can proffer to the challenges? Something the Presidency should do ? I can assure all, the answer will be NO! Yet, you complain.
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

He has done nothing, and i mean nothing.
I was reading today of one of the terrorist that might walk all in the name of they have no enough evidence to cricify him, what is that, Obama is weak in so many areas and that he is man enough to bring people that would make him look good come onboard, so far what has GEJ done to take care of the area where he is weak, you mean there is no one in the whole of Nigeria that could work out a solution?
I heave read too many times that some people in the north are responsible, if he has the balls, let him round them up and show Nigerians evidence and crucify them.
Talk is cheap. You can only deceive those who do not understand how difficult it is to deal with an internal insurgency.

What happened in Iraq? Did the Americans stop the insurgency before leaving Iraq? No, they didn't. The Americans simply fled from the insurgency they created by toppling Sadam Husein. Today, road side bombs, suicide bombs,etc is the norm in Iraq.

What is happening in Afghanistan? Has the Americans in collaboration with Afghan security forces been able to crush the Talibans? No. What about Pakistan? Has the insurgency there been stopped? No. What about Britain? How long did it take before they brought the IRA insurgency under control?

Talk is cheap
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by shgam(m): 1:46am On Mar 21, 2013
My oga at d top is clueless
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Fhemmmy: 1:46am On Mar 21, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Yea. Just like India, Pakistan, Iraq and the other countries have resolved theirs. Don't be so naive bro.

It is a shame that you even wanna mention Nigeria's name with those kinda nation, imagine Nigeria going thru all the trouble now with only 150 million people, heads will roll when we are billion of Nigerians cos how would leaders that cant lead 150 Million people ruled when we are billion and i see it as insult to compare us to Iraq.
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 21, 2013
Billyonaire: I shall always do my job of holding the floor in your absence, if they insult, i will dive into the mud with them, if they want it factual, I am grounded. By the way, the payment of $5million for the FRESH AIR Banners is yet to reach my account, please coordinate with the Presidency to release the cheque.
Consider it done.
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by manny4life(m): 1:48am On Mar 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

They are fighting and yet no result, the nation is losing billions that could have been invested and yet we have to be satisfied that he is fighting? not good enuf, either he resolve it or give someone that have a clue a chance.
We cant continue to play trial and error with future leader's life.

Have U.S. resolved the killing going in its cities? Like terror is to Nigeria, gun violence is to the U.S., more people die of gun violence (alone) in the U.S., combined with almost all the BH killing, police killing and what have you. I'm not trying to compare but draw similarity that certain situations CANNOT be resolved but curbed. Like I said, Nigeria is fighting a war against domestic terror, there always will be casualties... If you think any other leader can magically do it, you have something else coming for you. I wish 2019 is around the corner, let you supposed candidate win and let's see him perform magic...Well 2019 is 6years ahead.
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Fhemmmy: 1:48am On Mar 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Talk is cheap. You can only deceive those who do not understand how difficult it is to deal with an internal insurgency.

What happened in Iraq? Did the Americans stop the insurgency before leaving Iraq? No, they didn't. The Americans simply fled from the insurgency they created by toppling Sadam Husein. Today, road side bombs, suicide bombs,etc is the norm in Iraq.

What is happening in Afghanistan? Has the Americans in collaboration with Afghan security forces been able to crush the Talibans? No. What about Pakistan? Has the insurgency there been stopped? No. What about Britain? How long did it take before they brought the IRA insurgency under control?

Talk is cheap

I dont think you get it, Nigeria used to be a nation that never blv in killing each other all in the name of what is happening now, Nigeria now detonating bombs to be heard and you think all is well?
I see a nation that is slowly becoming a shadow of her potential and instead of us to do something we wanna support a leader all cos he is our uncle or cos we could get some of the crumbs from his desk when we were the one that bought the desk for him . . .

1 Like

Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Wisetalk1: 1:50am On Mar 21, 2013
Pataki:

"To prove to you that I know more THAT you and your generation" undecided

Get out of my face! You stark riverine fetid illiterate.

When your mates were getting proper education, you were busy chasing cars on the street shouting "Up PDP!".

Glorified fooo-l!

Mr. intellectual bastard, can't you see how big you are fooling yourself? Because you have been placed in a clueless zone, you are now finding errors. May your life be full of errors till you die. One foolish thing you have always done is that you check out errors but you are unable to tell the correct words/ phrases. What does that make you? You only create problems but you cannot solve them, may your life be full of unsolvable problems till you die. You shall have unchallenged mountains and hindrances, your generation shall never be able to solve the problems that you shall create with your gross stupidity. Bastard!
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Fhemmmy: 1:52am On Mar 21, 2013
manny4life:

Have U.S. resolved the killing going in its cities? Like terror is to Nigeria, gun violence is to the U.S., more people die of gun violence (alone) in the U.S., combined with almost all the BH killing, police killing and what have you. I'm not trying to compare but draw similarity that certain situations CANNOT be resolved but curbed. Like I said, Nigeria is fighting a war against domestic terror, there always will be casualties... If you think any other leader can magically do it, you have something else coming for you. I wish 2019 is around the corner, let you supposed candidate win and let's see him perform magic...Well 2019 is 6years ahead.

They have not, but their cops to take to their heals at the sound of bullets . . . their military man dont get on the bus and shouts staff all cos they dont wanna pay T-fare, their leaders dont claim to have achieved something all cos they have good telephone networks . . . even America with all the killings still secured than Abuja where the president resides. . . You cant eradicate violence, but could be minimizes, but Nigeria's own is betting worse at the tick of the hand of the seconds on a clock.
Like the gentleman asked me earlier, who i think cld lead us well and i said, i dont know of any for now, but does not mean we have to keep doing same thing and expect different result . . .
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ariblaze(m): 1:52am On Mar 21, 2013
Hmmmmm This is sad

All i know is this,those people mortgaging the future of this country will not end well
those assisting them wont end well either

fingers wont be pointed at anyone ,however let each person examine himself/herself ooo
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Fhemmmy: 1:53am On Mar 21, 2013
ariblaze: Hmmmmm This is sad

All i know is this,those people mortgaging the future of this country will not end well
those assisting them wont end well either

fingers wont be pointed at anyone ,however let each person examine himself/herself ooo

Enough said for those that have ears . . . .
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by 9jauk: 1:55am On Mar 21, 2013
1 + 1 =0......Not fit for purpose!
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by 9jauk: 1:58am On Mar 21, 2013
Fhemmy ...ran for Governorship under PDP...beware people
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:02am On Mar 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I dont think you get it, Nigeria used to be a nation that never blv in killing each other all in the name of what is happening now, Nigeria now detonating bombs to be heard and you think all is well?
I see a nation that is slowly becoming a shadow of her potential and instead of us to do something we wanna support a leader all cos he is our uncle or cos we could get some of the crumbs from his desk when we were the one that bought the desk for him . . .

Blame it on Radical Islam. It's a global problem and not peculiar to Nigeria alone.
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Godogwu: 2:06am On Mar 21, 2013
manny4life:

Always bringing the true story, facts and greater reasoning. Even though we don't agree on everything... I give you a whole load of respect
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You'r obviously confused. Why cant you stay focused. You talked about the presidents inability to curb terrorism and Nigeria and I showed you CONCRETE examples of countries facing internal terrorism as we speak and how they'v faired. Now you deviated to talking about Nigeria "being a nation that neverblv in killing each other.." bla bla.

Irrespective of your rants, Nigeria is currently facing terrorism by Islamic militants, who deploy suicide bombing with ease. GEJ was not the one that created Islam in Nigeria neither did the terrorism begin under his watch. GEJ did not create the poverty ravaging the north. Islam, sharia and terrorism were already existing before GEJ took over.

Like presidents of other countries facing similar challenges, GEJ is trying his best to control the situation.

What I discovered is that many of you simply HATE this president for no just cause. Using this thread as a test case, just read thru the comments posted by those who expressed palpable hatred for the president and you'll see no reason for such degree of hate. Rather, what you have is outflow of sentiments and emotions.

2 Likes

Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 21, 2013
Nothing ., he is just a clueless Western puppet who unfortunately is jeopardizing the peace and security of the gulf of guinea .
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Fhemmmy: 2:16am On Mar 21, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Yea. Just like India, Pakistan, Iraq and the other countries have resolved theirs. Don't be so naive bro.

Well, with the like of GEJ, for sure - Nigeria has a long way to go when it comes to solving the security problems.
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by CyberG: 2:16am On Mar 21, 2013
LMAO...Nigerians go suffer tire, the retardeen likes that despite his stupidit.y, some Nigerians especially the tribalistic iboz, the unthinking ND, 40 lapdogs will sing his praise while he brings the country into its grave with his extreme double cluelessness! grin grin
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by birdman(m): 2:17am On Mar 21, 2013
His drinking prowess is unmatched. Anyone who can consume burukutu early in the morning and still have enough strength to misrule Nigeria is worthy of emulation
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Fhemmmy: 2:18am On Mar 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You'r obviously confused. Why cant you stay focused. You talked about the presidents inability to curb terrorism and Nigeria and I showed you CONCRETE examples of countries facing internal terrorism as we speak and how they'v faired. Now you deviated to talking about Nigeria "being a nation that neverblv in killing each other.." bla bla.

Irrespective of your rants, Nigeria is currently facing terrorism by Islamic militants, who deploy suicide bombing with ease. GEJ was not the one that created Islam in Nigeria neither did the terrorism begin under his watch. GEJ did not create the poverty ravaging the north. Islam, sharia and terrorism were already existing before GEJ took over.

Like presidents of other countries facing similar challenges, GEJ is trying his best to control the situation.

What I discovered is that many of you simply HATE this president for no just cause. Using this thread as a test case, just read thru the comments posted by those who expressed palpable hatred for the president and you'll see no reason for such degree of hate. Rather, what you have is outflow of sentiments and emotions.

Chairman, no need to insult cos we are all adult trying to speak our minds . . . dont worry, soon, you will understand that the terrorism in Nigeria is yet to be as bad as you claiming to now categorize it with Iraq.
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by manny4life(m): 2:19am On Mar 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

They have not, but their cops to take to their heals at the sound of bullets . . . their military man dont get on the bus and shouts staff all cos they dont wanna pay T-fare, their leaders dont claim to have achieved something all cos they have good telephone networks . . . even America with all the killings still secured than Abuja where the president resides. . . You cant eradicate violence, but could be minimizes, but Nigeria's own is betting worse at the tick of the hand of the seconds on a clock.
Like the gentleman asked me earlier, who i think cld lead us well and i said, i dont know of any for now, but does not mean we have to keep doing same thing and expect different result . . .

Bros, now we're talking about social and ethical issues now. If military men are being like that, it's the system that gave them the power, the system can retrieve the power. I do not condone violence, but if collectively a military person has been whooped on the bus before "collectively" is the keyword (though it's the most degrading thing, but acceptable in this case), such public nuisance will stop

Remember you asked for a yardstick to measure his success, same yardstick is asked from you as well, how did you figure it's getting worse? Like I said, Kano wasn't an isolated attack, every entity you fight in a war will want to get back and when they do, they want it pricey. Even the U.S. lost souls daily till Obama erased OBL. There were days when U.S. soldiers were like 40 died in one day and then no deaths for like another three weeks, but the persistence paid off.

I do not have any background in security nor do I have access level security clearance, so I cannot tell you what they're doing right or wrong. One thing I do know is that, GEJ is pounding them hard, so the Kano incident was just to rejuvenate them. However, strategies are to be tried, same security agencies there today will be there when a new president comes in. Watch out, in the coming weeks, JTF will pound them again, in the game of war, there's no winner (no losses) but the one who suffers greater losses is likely the loser.
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Fhemmmy: 2:20am On Mar 21, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Blame it on Radical Islam. It's a global problem and not peculiar to Nigeria alone.

ha ha ha . . . Nice to know that we are in the league of Iraq, Afghanistan - they are known for horrible corruption but before the problem of war, they at least have light and could afford to take care of the people . . . so if uncle GEJ cant take care of security, can he at least do one thing and do it right and till completion?
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by 2legit2qwt: 2:26am On Mar 21, 2013
From what i've read on NL and in the news, good qualities of GEJ? the op must be a comedian grin grin
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Fhemmmy: 2:29am On Mar 21, 2013
manny4life:

Bros, now we're talking about social and ethical issues now. If military men are being like that, it's the system that gave them the power, the system can retrieve the power. I do not condone violence, but if collectively a military person has been whooped on the bus before "collectively" is the keyword (though it's the most degrading thing, but acceptable in this case), such public nuisance will stop

Remember you asked for a yardstick to measure his success, same yardstick is asked from you as well, how did you figure it's getting worse? Like I said, Kano wasn't an isolated attack, every entity you fight in a war will want to get back and when they do, they want it pricey. Even the U.S. lost souls daily till Obama erased OBL. There were days when U.S. soldiers were like 40 died in one day and then no deaths for like another three weeks, but the persistence paid off.

I do not have any background in security nor do I have access level security clearance, so I cannot tell you what they're doing right or wrong. One thing I do know is that, GEJ is pounding them hard, so the Kano incident was just to rejuvenate them. However, strategies are to be tried, same security agencies there today will be there when a new president comes in. Watch out, in the coming weeks, JTF will pound them again, in the game of war, there's no winner (no losses) but the one who suffers greater losses is likely the loser.

[b]I love debating with people like you, matured and no name calling, i really respect you for that . . . Thanks for being a real man.

Now that being said, i do agree with you that the problem will not be solved in one day but just raising committee will solve nothing, we need more or at least inform the people what we are facing and what are the plans . .. we are not asking for high level intelligence information to be given to the people, but so far, i am have not seen any plan nor heard of one, it has been business as usual for our so called leaders.

Chairman, i am sitting on the fence cos so far Nigeria has not produced anything and i am not blaming just the leaders but even the people, even me and you for just ranting online and not doing more than that, i blame my father and yours for allowing things to get to this level, i blame our uncles that will accept a bag of rice and forget the problem and vote for all these people.

Only in Nigeria will ordinary Chairman of a city become a multi-milionaire over night and yet be celebrated - or likes of Iraq as well since we are not in same category.

Tell me what has the present administration done to curb corruption?
Since you are reasonable, how many years has GEJ being in power, how long more would he need to get stuff going on health care?
How come the best train we could be given are some useless boxes with fan hanging - cry ?
How many more lives have to be lost before something is done?
is there hope for Nigeria?
Do we have to continue to play ethnicity and vote for someone based on where he was born or what his last name is?

My Chairman, i have so much respect for how you making your points known, but try to understand, it is a jungle out there and only animals lives in jungles, someone once said that Nigerians - including myself deserves the leaders we get, why, cos we have short memory.[/b]
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Fhemmmy: 2:35am On Mar 21, 2013
[b]Take any industry in Nigeria and compare same industry that same industry in Ghana (I forgot Nigerians dont like to hear the name Ghana, take any other nation like Ethiopia, same capacity and everything else - especially one that export her products to western world, look at all factors that makes a company make it and do well, the one n Ghana MIGHT do better, why?
Electricity - Talk to people that run companies and they will tell you.
Good roads to move service and goods - Ours are just dead traps
Health care system - People are dying daily over preventable sickness and accidents?
Security - So sad that employees are no more safe even in their own countries.
Finance - You have to take loan at what kinda rate to make things happen, go to the bank to access to your own money, the network is horrible is what they will tell you.
Govt service and project - you have to add all the kick backs before you could quote . . . grin

There is hope in Nigeria but not until we agree, we could do better.[/b]
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by bhfroyale(f): 2:38am On Mar 21, 2013
coolkris: President goodluck jonathan who has always been associated with sheer luck all his life...but as our country intensifies with cases of corruption and looting and other problems. .what are those qualities you think our president has that can restore normalcy in the system?
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by lastpage: 2:43am On Mar 21, 2013
His "innocent appearance"!
When a viper-snake looks like a piece of thread...
When a real crook looks like someone that should be in-charge of the till.....
When a desperate, manipulating power grabber looks like he is waiting to be elected by the masses....
When a an illiterate tags himself with a Doctorate degree....

He is just SOOO DECEPTIVE in his APPEARANCE
....He managed to con all of us this far! Jeez!! shocked shocked

Cant stop loving him. undecided undecided wink

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ewet: 2:48am On Mar 21, 2013
Billyonaire: Who opened the backyard door for this little dog. Bingo! Go inside the cage! The next moment you insult my President, I will have you tamed by whisperer.
You suffer from the same defficient intelletual quotient as your oga at the top. you both thnk from your anuses!lol
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Fhemmmy: 2:48am On Mar 21, 2013
It has been fun "discussing" with all matured minds, to all those that were insulting we say thanks too. . . . nothing personal again anyone and not even our dear president, i just want a better nation to call home, cos we have what it takes to be a better nation. . . .

Good night all and God Bless!
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ewet: 2:51am On Mar 21, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

And what stops your father from contesting for the presidency?
He is alredy dead and he will be rolling over in his grave seeing the kind of clueless man his children has for president and be hoping we do not die from your oga at the top brazen ineptitude. Bloody scumbag.
Re: What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? by InvertedHammer: 2:56am On Mar 21, 2013
Once in a while, history teaches us all serious lessons.

In GEJ, it has presented to us the kind of man you will teach your son not to become.

Luck aside. Someone you will just love to hate.

He has serious esteem issues..NO MIND OF HIS OWN ( a puppet) and easily pushed around

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency / FFK To Arsonists: "Burning Sunday Igboho's House At 3am Proves You Are Cowards" / Bola Shagaya Loses Bid To Reclaim Seized N1.9bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.