Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,493 members, 7,816,167 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter (74016 Views)

Mourinho To Axe Two Manchester United Stars Via Firstladynaija.com / Kenyans Vs Nigerians Round 2! Battle Of The Nations. / Adebayor's Sister Respond: Our Family Doesnt Need You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 22, 2013
pendo89: grin grin I woke up and found a post on my fb page about this dissing.
A very naive person bumping into this thread or on twitter and by naive I mean anybody that doesnt have a clue about Kenya/Nigeria will only draw the following conclusions.

Kenya
They walk naked
They live in the bush
They have no electricity
Internet connection is a luxury
They are starving
They are so thin
They are black as charcoal
No roads
They don't drive but run
Terrorism is rife

Nigeria.
They are scammers/kidnappers
They are into occult and witchcraft
They are ritualist with a traces of cannibalism
They eat any living thing
They are loud and aggressive
Every home in nigeria has a generator
To woe a girl in nigeria one needs a generator
Ghosts roam the streets
People easily tranform into goats and snakes.
They are poverty stricken and hungry
No roads
Terrorism is the order of the day
Most nigerians are con preachers
They fill all jails in the world.

Now how can I make money out of the above ignorance?? Perhaps encourage an exchange tour to wipe out the ignorance or do a documentary.
I think media takes the blame cz of what they air because people's minds are corrupted.

But I like what smbody said said ' BOTH ARE THIRD WORLD! and so they are wasting time arguing over nothing.
Wait and see what happens when Kenya loses which I believe they will.Some will yell 'JUJU' in action.
ha! tiring

The Rivalry for Africa's best at work.Every African nationals get to hear how bad Nigeria is but when they land in Lagos and move around,they get intimidated and the low-esteem sets in;making them to feel jealous and the uproar.

This happened to the Ghanians too;they lament about the training pitch,the hotel,the services and others but tell you what,they snapped pictures of the hotel rooms and talked about it among themselves till they left Nigeria.

Nigeria may be a shithole but kenya is years behind Nigeria.If you categorise Nigeria as a third along with kenya,I may be tempted to categorise china despite being the second best economy in the world as a "developing country" while most of the debt-ridden countries in Europe get a "developed country" status !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by tintingz(m): 6:24am On Mar 22, 2013
pendo89: grin grin I woke up and found a post on my fb page about this dissing.
A very naive person bumping into this thread or on twitter and by naive I mean anybody that doesnt have a clue about Kenya/Nigeria will only draw the following conclusions.

Kenya
They walk naked
They live in the bush
They have no electricity
Internet connection is a luxury
They are starving
They are so thin
They are black as charcoal
No roads
They don't drive but run
Terrorism is rife

Nigeria.
[s]They are scammers/kidnappers
They are into occult and witchcraft
They are ritualist with a traces of cannibalism[/s]
They eat any living thing
They are loud and aggressive
[s]Every home in nigeria has a generator
To woe a girl in nigeria one needs a generator
Ghosts roam the streets
People easily tranform into goats and snakes.
They are poverty stricken and hungry
No roads[/s]
Terrorism is the order of the day
[s]Most nigerians are con preachers
They fill all jails in the world.[/s]

Now how can I make money out of the above ignorance?? Perhaps encourage an exchange tour to wipe out the ignorance or do a documentary.
I think media takes the blame cz of what they air because people's minds are corrupted.

But I like what smbody said said ' BOTH ARE THIRD WORLD! and so they are wasting time arguing over nothing.
Wait and see what happens when Kenya loses which I believe they will.Some will yell 'JUJU' in action.
ha! tiring
...but kenyans are the founder of all this or am i mistaken?
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by olapluto(m): 6:36am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You're singing a very different tune compared to when you were in politics some weeks back.

By the way, no one would care. People would change their dps, create hashtags, send BB broadcasts, and say they've done their part. If people were this proactive about things that mattered, the country might actually look differently.[/size]
You really have not said anything intelligent in this post. I suggest you take a deep breath and read the events that led to this. Read it and re-read it many times, then make sense out of it. Come back to comment after that.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by naptu2: 6:45am On Mar 22, 2013
There is something that really bothers me. I guess I first encountered this phenomenon on nairaland. Some people believe that Nigerians are not ready and have never been ready to unite and confront the government. To demand for a better life. I actually find it quite insulting. Insulting, not to me, but to the memory of certain people.

Like the students who died on Onikan Bridge in 1988. They were marching to the NTA to take over the station. They over-ran police checkpoints. They were singing "how many students soldier go kill". Then they were mowed down in a hail of bullets fired by soldiers from Bonny Camp.

The College of Medicine, University of Lagos students who risked their lives in make shift "ambulances" to rescue protesters who had been injured by soldiers and mopol.

Dr Tai Solarin, who, when Gowon said he wasn't going to hand over power, published the "Beginning of the End" pamphlet and distributed it on the roadside.

Students of Uniben who marched to Army Children School and got the pupils to stand at the head of their protest march in order to prevent soldiers from firing at them.

The guy who was given electric shock treatment on his penis by SSS operatives until he passed out and died.

Chief Gani Fawehinmi (where do I even start?).

The Tell staff who defied Abacha and published and distributed their magazine, even though hundreds of soldiers, policemen and SSS agents had stormed their offices and seized all copies of the magazine (even seizing their computers). One of their editors was detained without trial for over 2 years. His family didn't even know where he was detained or who detained him. His wife gave birth while he was in detention and the little girl did not see her father until she was above 3 years old.

The journalist that was tortured by SSS until he ran mad. He now wanders aimlessly around the streets of Benin Republic.

And so many more people.

8 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by naptu2: 6:50am On Mar 22, 2013
Bagauda Kaltho and Dele Giwa, journalists who risked their lives to report the truth.

Bagauda Kaltho was killed by a bomb believed to have been planted by security operatives, but the police twisted things and said that the man bombed himself to death.

I believe we all know Dele Giwa's story.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 22, 2013
^^^
True. I will also add those that protested the hike in fuel price last year. Some of them were killed by policemen.

Nigerians also risked their lives protesting the criminal annulment of the June 12, 1993 election.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by pendo89(f): 6:59am On Mar 22, 2013
tintingz: ...but kenyans are the founder of all this or am i mistaken?
Kenyans started it for sure!it started with one person and everybody joined in.

It's become silly dissing based on what people pick from nollywood and media and kids are having a fun day
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by drnoel: 7:01am On Mar 22, 2013
Bimfo: Am Going to Twitter now, and Fvvuck their WET striken A$$!
For wat reason would u support evil
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 22, 2013
Bwahahahahahahaha

Ogbubu88 got judged bustaiiiiiiid on this thread...

#JudgementDay

Sholly gatts my ring! wink

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by 190: 7:03am On Mar 22, 2013
Shollypopz:
You really do need to stop saying Nigeria reeks of crap, u might want to specify or state strategically the crapy things in Nigeria than say Nigeria reeks of crap. A country is nothing without it's people. Saying Nigeria reeks of crap is simply saying Ogugaua reeks of crap. Just like ur crappy comment above, Oguagua reeks of sh1t and senseless-ill though out crap.

Do you read your post before u post them, it might save u from appearing st*upid. "They started a trend on twitter"..The trend that was started was to diss Nigerians, agree?? Kenyans were encouraging other Kenyans to join in this trend and they started making fun of Nollywood and sh1t. Nigerians replied with their own trend mainly to retaliate. If the Kenyan trend(#SomeonetellNigeria) didn't mean battle, why are u blaming the Nigerian trend(#someonetellKenyans) for starting a battle. All na trend naw! In case you don't have a dictionary, a patriotic Nigerian is not someone that calls a spade a spade but someone that his/her actions and expressions are inspired by the love for his/her country. Calling a spade a spade is an individualistc value. #Truth!

Do you really think in that your dull mind that some senseless twit fight between Nigerians and Kenyans is suppose to cause some sort of economic damage?? Do you really think in that ur head that a trend on twitter was better than making a complaint to the right body about the situation of Kenyan players??

Kenyan and Nigeria are third world countries, you tolerate mediocrity every goddamn time you say u're a Nigerian.
#This-is-how-u-call-a-spade-a-spade

DAMN SHOLLY PUM PUM cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 22, 2013
Kenyans just started what they can't finish on twitter. Nigerians are born with bad mouth walayi. You need to see the tweets on #someonetellkenyans
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by deols(f): 7:06am On Mar 22, 2013
hisblud: @oga@dTop

So they even saw the channels "OGA@DtOP", look at this tweet
grin grin grin grin

They watch our movies and even read our nairaland grin

Hehe..we rule!
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 22, 2013
naptu2: There is something that really bothers me. I guess I first encountered this phenomenon on nairaland. Some people believe that Nigerians are not ready and have never been ready to unite and confront the government. To demand for a better life. I actually find it quite insulting. Insulting, not to me, but to the memory of certain people.

Like the students who died on Onikan Bridge in 1988. They were marching to the NTA to take over the station. They over-ran police checkpoints. They were singing "how many students soldier go kill". Then they were mowed down in a hail of bullets fired by soldiers from Bonny Camp.

The College of Medicine, University of Lagos students who risked their lives in make shift "ambulances" to rescue protesters who had been injured by soldiers and mopol.

Dr Tai Solarin, who, when Gowon said he wasn't going to hand over power, published the "Beginning of the End" pamphlet and distributed it on the roadside.

Students of Uniben who marched to Army Children School and got the pupils to stand at the head of their protest march in order to prevent soldiers from firing at them.

The guy who was given electric shock treatment on his penis by SSS operatives until he passed out and died.

Chief Gani Fawehinmi (where do I even start?).

The Tell staff who defied Abacha and published and distributed their magazine, even though hundreds of soldiers, policemen and SSS agents had stormed their offices and seized all copies of the magazine (even seizing their computers). One of their editors was detained without trial for over 2 years. His family didn't even know where he was detained or who detained him. His wife gave birth while he was in detention and the little girl did not see her father until she was above 3 years old.

The journalist that was tortured by SSS until he ran mad. He now wanders aimlessly around the streets of Benin Republic.

And so many more people.

Damn!! I didn't know Nigerians had "bravehearts" in the past - God bless our fallen heroes!!!

We shall overcome these "bustaiid" corrupt few that're holding our great nation to ransom one day - and put a smile on the faces of our fallen heroes in heaven...

God bless Nigeria!! wink

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 22, 2013
@Ogugua.

I'm totally disappointed at your posts, I think 'intelligence' is an ingredient of which u had none, maybe IQ tests should be done when selecting Mods on nairaland!

What's ur ish with same sex marriage-are u a lesbian?

Should we clap for kenyans for insulting an entire country? Who started d insults?

Nigerian have issues-we know all that, but if you're tired of it, go get a Kenyan visa-all eligible animals are 'admitted' into the Zoo.

*sorry for coming out hard on u, but its better to keep quiet than insult ur own-even if ur mama was mad, you wouldn't insult her in public*

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by driand(m): 7:09am On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella: just saw this on twitter...omg grin grin grin

Kenyans steal everything even their capital 'Nairobi' was gotten from the words 'Naira' and 'Obi"

*falls from olumo rock* grin grin grin
no break leg o!
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by driand(m): 7:10am On Mar 22, 2013
SOMEONE TELL KENYANS BEFORE MY OGA AT
THE TOP.HEARS THIS::::
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by ogaemma: 7:10am On Mar 22, 2013
vanstanzy: But truth be told, NFF no try at all.
They deserve an apology.
Am waiting for FIFA.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]One would think that Nigerians are the most patriotic people. We unite because Kenyans dissed us on Twitter. We united for Super Eagles AFTER THEY WON... after a majority of Nigerians doubted them before they even arrived in South Africa and throughout the majority of the competition. NFF had so much faith in Super Eagles that Keshi was to be sacked and a return flight for the team was purchased before SE entered the finals. We united and backed our crooked politicians for signing an anti-same sex marriage law that affects less than 5% of the population.

Nigerians diss everything Nigeria on a daily basis. So, what changed between yesterday and today. Because Kenyans said what Nigerians have always said?

One day, it's my hope that the majority of us learn that actions speak louder than words.[/size]

Sis mi chill down. That is the way it should be, we know our faults but outsiders shouldn't tell it to us. Is like your brother doing something bad to an outsider and they person wanted to beat him up and you defended him knowing fully well that what he did was wrong but you defended him outside but inside the house you punish him. Our igbo people say nwanne anagi efu na mba. That is what is happening in Nigeria, we are defending ourselfs
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by 190: 7:15am On Mar 22, 2013
Im so proud of shymexx,safarigirl and especially itsmodella grin grin grin

shollypopz , dayo and omo_to dun thanks a million

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by 190: 7:16am On Mar 22, 2013
gboss4sure:

Sis mi chill down. That is the way it should be, we know our faults but outsiders shouldn't tell it to us. Is like your brother doing something bad to an outsider and they person wanted to beat him up and you defended him knowing fully well that what he did was wrong but you defended him outside but inside the house you punish him. Our igbo people say nwanne anagi efu na mba. That is what is happening in Nigeria, we are defending ourselfs
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by richnsexy25: 7:19am On Mar 22, 2013
but to b frank guys...una no do welloooo
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by naptu2: 7:20am On Mar 22, 2013
ogaemma:
They deserve an apology.
Am waiting for FIFA.

Not if what NFF says is true. They said they repeatedly wrote to the Kenyans requesting for information and they copied the Kenyan Embassy in Nigeria, the Nigerian Embassy in Kenya and FIFA in all their communications with the Kenyans.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Oahray: 7:21am On Mar 22, 2013
Lmao... This is the funniest so far:
#SomeoneTellKenyans, they can't twitfight 150M people with just one laptop. grin
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Truckpusher(m): 7:22am On Mar 22, 2013
What is Kenya?
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by naptu2: 7:23am On Mar 22, 2013
Human_being1st: NFF say Kenya responsible for their troubles

Nigeria say Kenya are responsible for their own travel troubles in Nigeria, and chose a dilapidated primary school to train despite being offered a much better pitch at National Stadium, Lagos.

On Wednesday, pictures emerged showing Harambee Stars players training on a grassless ground in Lagos, and their officials reportedly blaming their Nigerian counterparts for shoddy arrangements

But NFF official Bola Oyeyode, who is the coordinator for the game, told KickOffNigeria.com that the Kenyans had no one to blame but themselves.

“To start with, they were playing hide and seek about their travel arrangements,” Oyeyode began. “They refused to communicate their arrival date to us despite numerous letters from us to them.

“In all those communications, we copied their embassy here and Fifa and we still have the letters here.

“It was only on Monday afternoon that they wrote to us informing us they would arrive on Wednesday afternoon.

“Even their embassy was finding it hard getting information out of them. an embassy official called Mr Tony was doing his best to help us, but even he could not get anything out of them.”

When information eventually came, it was too limited, according to Oyeyode.

“They told us they were coming with a 25-man delegation, but didn't give us any names, so we could not book the connecting flight to Calabar early.

“When it was getting late, we used our relationship with the airline to book 25 seats with no names, only for them to arrive with a 35-man party.

“In their letter, they never said they wanted to train in Lagos. The arrangement was for them to come in and fly straight to Calabar. But their flight arrived at noon, and the flight to Calabar is usually at 11am.

“At no time did we discuss anything about a chartered aircraft. Even our own team, who are African champions, flew to Calabar on a regular commercial flight.”

Regarding the training ground, Oyeyode said the Kenyans picked the substandard ground on the advise of one of their ‘consultants’.

“We went out of our way to book the training pitch of the National Stadium in Surulere for them at very, very short notice.

“But they refused to go there, after they were advised but one their men on the ground here, and they chose that primary school to train.”
Article by: Colin Udoh

http://www.kickoff.com/news/33404/nff-say-kenya-responsible-for-their-troubles

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by holycow: 7:24am On Mar 22, 2013
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 22, 2013
^^
Kenya is a tourist destination!
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Oahray: 7:32am On Mar 22, 2013
190: Im so proud of shymexx,safarigirl and especially itsmodella grin grin grin

shollypopz , dayo and omo_to dun thanks a million
as in eh grin
Too bad I missed out on this action cheesy
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Aringarosa(m): 7:36am On Mar 22, 2013
Like someone said earlier, we 'd better win the match and win convincingly. Every other thing (the diss) is inconsequential.

#teameagles
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by 190: 7:36am On Mar 22, 2013
naptu2:

Not if what NFF says is true. They said they repeatedly wrote to the Kenyans requesting for information and they copied the Kenyan Embassy in Nigeria, the Nigerian Embassy in Kenya and FIFA in all their communications with the Kenyans.

i just read that too
it clearly wasnt the fault of the NFF
Nwayz i can blame the kenya's they ent got internet connection to check their mails
they were probably chasing herds of gazettes off their farms grin grin grin
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Oahray: 7:38am On Mar 22, 2013
Shollypopz:
You really do need to stop saying Nigeria reeks of crap, u might want to specify or state strategically the crapy things in Nigeria than say Nigeria reeks of crap. A country is nothing without it's people. Saying Nigeria reeks of crap is simply saying Ogugaua reeks of crap. Just like ur crappy comment above, Oguagua reeks of sh1t and senseless-ill though out crap.

Do you read your post before u post them, it might save u from appearing st*upid. "They started a trend on twitter"..The trend that was started was to diss Nigerians, agree?? Kenyans were encouraging other Kenyans to join in this trend and they started making fun of Nollywood and sh1t. Nigerians replied with their own trend mainly to retaliate. If the Kenyan trend(#SomeonetellNigeria) didn't mean battle, why are u blaming the Nigerian trend(#someonetellKenyans) for starting a battle. All na trend naw! In case you don't have a dictionary, a patriotic Nigerian is not someone that calls a spade a spade but someone that his/her actions and expressions are inspired by the love for his/her country. Calling a spade a spade is an individualistc value. #Truth!

Do you really think in that your dull mind that some senseless twit fight between Nigerians and Kenyans is suppose to cause some sort of economic damage?? Do you really think in that ur head that a trend on twitter was better than making a complaint to the right body about the situation of Kenyan players??

Kenyan and Nigeria are third world countries, you tolerate mediocrity every goddamn time you say u're a Nigerian.
#This-is-how-u-call-a-spade-a-spade
So this babe is capable of making intelligent comments! shocked Impressive! Very impressive! cool
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by 190: 7:38am On Mar 22, 2013
Oahray: as in eh grin
Too bad I missed out on this action cheesy

yeah you did miss out brof grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (39) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.