Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter (74015 Views)

Mourinho To Axe Two Manchester United Stars Via Firstladynaija.com / Kenyans Vs Nigerians Round 2! Battle Of The Nations. / Adebayor's Sister Respond: Our Family Doesnt Need You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 22, 2013
@ Ogugua: The NFF would have been well prepared for them if they (Kenya) weren't playing hide and seek games with their hosts.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:35am On Mar 22, 2013
Shollypopz:
You really do need to stop saying Nigeria reeks of crap, u might want to specify or state strategically the crapy things in Nigeria than say Nigeria reeks of crap. A country is not nothing without it's people. Saying Nigeria reeks of crap is simply saying Ogugaua reeks of crap. Just like ur crappy comment above, Oguagua reeks of sh1t and senseless-ill though out crap.

Do you read your post before u post them, it might save u from apperaing st*upid. "They started a trend on twitter"..The trend that was started was to diss Nigerians, agree?? Kenyans were encouraging other Kenyans to join in this trend and they started making fun of Nollywood and sh1t. Nigerians replied with their own trend mainly to retaliate. If the Kenyan trend(#SomeonetellNigeria) didn't mean battle, why are u blaming the Nigerian trend(#someonetellKenyans) for starting a battle. All na trend naw! In case you don't have a dictionary, a patriotic Nigerian is not someone that calls a spade a spade but someone that his/her actions and expressions are inspired by the love for his/her country. Calling a spade a spade is an individualistc value. #Truth!

Do you really think in that your dull mind that some senseless twit fight between Nigerians and Kenyans is suppose to cause some sort of economic damage?? Do you really think in that ur head that a trend on twitter was better than making a complaint to the right body about the situation of Kenyan players??

Kenyan and Nigeria are third world countries, you tolerate mediocrity every goddamn time you say u're a Nigerian.

WORD!! - that's why sholly gatts my ring!! grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by tintingz(m): 5:36am On Mar 22, 2013
Na wa o grin
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:37am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]The fact that there are so many schools with no infrastructure makes starting a solution easy: pick any school.

The fact that in 2013 we still have schools like Ajao Estate in Lagos, not Jigawa o, but Lagos, is repulsive in itself. Sure, the Kenyans insulted Nigerians and they certainly won't be the last. Maybe we should stop giving them bait. If Kenyans went according to plan and communicated their needs on time, how are we so sure nothing else would have happened? Can you honestly say that clean water, safety, transportation, and anything else our Super Eagles enjoy elsewhere, would have been provided for Harambee stars and flawlessly or near it? The guy for NFF already said that there was to be no charter flight for them... that they would use the same regular aircraft that Super Eagles use. Lol.

Kenya probably has their fair share of problems. I don't know the country well. My family friend's parents chose to retire there though, rather than Awka, their hometown. They boast of stable electricity and how if power needs to be taken for maintenance purposes, residents are notified by paper, tv, and radio days in advance. There's some food for thought.[/size]
All this is wash, unnecessary wash. The bottom line of the whole matter is that the Kenyans caused the problems for themselves, trying to twist and turn the fault back to Nigeria is not working. Maybe, if the Kenyans had thought of keeping us in the loop, all this brouhaha would have been averted. But going by current events, the Kenyans are to be blamed for what they faced...EOD!!

I'm tired of arguing this. I gotta go to bed.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by honeric01(m): 5:38am On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella:
All this is wash, unnecessary wash. The bottom line of the whole feud is that the Kenyans caused the problems for themselves, trying to twist and turn the fault back to Nigeria is not working. Maybe, if the Kenyans had thought of keeping us in the loop, all this brouhaha would have been averted. But going by current events, the Kenyans are to be blamed for what they faced...EOD!!

I'm tired of arguing this. I gotta go to bed.

No don't go to bed, let the bed come to you grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 22, 2013
Shollypopz: You really do need to stop saying Nigeria reeks of crap, u might want to specify or state strategically the crapy things in Nigeria than say Nigeria reeks of crap. A country is not nothing without it's people. Saying Nigeria reeks of crap is simply saying Ogugaua reeks of crap. Just like ur crappy comment above, Oguagua reeks of sh1t and senseless-ill though out crap.

Do you read your post before u post them, it might save u from apperaing st*upid. "They started a trend on twitter"..The trend that was started was to diss Nigerians, agree?? Kenyans were encouraging other Kenyans to join in this trend and they started making fun of Nollywood and sh1t. Nigerians replied with their own trend mainly to retaliate. If the Kenyan trend(#SomeonetellNigeria) didn't mean battle, why are u blaming the Nigerian trend(#someonetellKenyans) for starting a battle. All na trend naw! In case you don't have a dictionary, a patriotic Nigerian is not someone that calls a spade a spade but someone that his/her actions and expressions are inspired by the love for his/her country. Calling a spade a spade is an individualistc value. #Truth!

Do you really think in that your dull mind that some senseless twit fight between Nigerians and Kenyans is suppose to cause some sort of economic damage?? Do you really think in that ur head that a trend on twitter was better than making a complaint to the right body about the situation of Kenyan players??

Kenyan and Nigeria are third world countries, you tolerate mediocrity every goddamn time you say u're a Nigerian.

[size=13pt]One would think that Nigerians are the most patriotic people. We unite because Kenyans dissed us on Twitter. We united for Super Eagles AFTER THEY WON... after a majority of Nigerians doubted them before they even arrived in South Africa and throughout the majority of the competition. NFF had so much faith in Super Eagles that Keshi was to be sacked and a return flight for the team was purchased before SE entered the finals. We united and backed our crooked politicians for signing an anti-same sex marriage law that affects less than 5% of the population.

Nigerians diss everything Nigeria on a daily basis. So, what changed between yesterday and today. Because Kenyans said what Nigerians have always said?

One day, it's my hope that the majority of us learn that actions speak louder than words.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 22, 2013
yes, because only Nigerians are allowed to diss Nigeria. Any other person that speaks ill of us can go screw himself in hell.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by honeric01(m): 5:40am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]One would think that Nigerians are the most patriotic people. We unite because Kenyans dissed us on Twitter. We united for Super Eagles AFTER THEY WON... after a majority of Nigerians doubted them before they even arrived in South Africa. NFF had so much faith in Super Eagles that Keshi was to be sacked and a return flight for the team was purchased before SE entered the finals. We united and backed our crooked politicians for signing an anti-same sex marriage law that affects less than 5% of the population.

Nigerians diss everything Nigeria on a daily basis. So, what changed between yesterday and today. Because Kenyans said what Nigerians have always said?

One day, it's my hope that the majority of us learn that actions speak louder than words.[/size]

But wait o,what exactly is your point? tongue

8 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 22, 2013
What's Kenya having electricity got to do with misdirected vitriol that had them get twitter-slammed?? undecided

NFF messed up, yet they blamed all Nigerians for that.. If you can't argue the topic, go sleep in the celebrity section and talk about Kanye West and Beyonce... Airheads shouldn't be allowed to have a say in an intellectual discourse!!

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01: But wait o,what exactly is your point? tongue

[size=13pt]Guilded patriotism. It sucks.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 22, 2013
My country has issues but allowing somebody from Ghana, Kenya or even Zimbabwe to come and remind me of that is not happening. And this behavior/habit is not peculiar to Nigerians alone, so stop trying to tie it to us. Everyone does that, it is how humans react.

I clash with my family members ALL the time but that doesn't mean I'm gonna allow an outsider say rubbish about us.

That's just how it is.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by tintingz(m): 5:46am On Mar 22, 2013
shymexx: What's Kenya having electricity got to do with misdirected vitriol that had them get twitter-slammed?? undecided

NFF messed up, yet they blamed all Nigerians for that.. If you can't argue the topic, go sleep in the celebrity section and talk about Kanye West and Beyonce... Airheads shouldn't be allowed to have a say in an intellectual discourse!!
or maybe kenya west grin
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]The sad thing is that all of this started because of Kenyans complaining of training at a school ground. If kids who attend that school every day went on Twitter complaining, would anyone care? "Na Naija we dey", "make you manage am like that", "by the grace of God e go better". Am I wrong?[/size]
Yes, we would care. Nigerians complain everyday about the situation of the country, the problem is we never do anything about it. We just blame the government and move on. You seem to be a professional at that too based on ur comment on this thread.

Another country taking shots at Nigeria is offensive to Nigeria than when a Nigerian does. U ASK WHY??
Kenyans can't tolerate that their country be dissed by Nigerians either. A KENyan is more likely to love and serve Kenya than Nigeria. A kenyan can only complain and diss Nigeria but we can be very sure he/she will not do anything to change the problems of Nigeria. It's like that everywhere, people are defensive of their own.

You don't have to join the fight on twitter, but you can help ur fellow Nigerians by shutting the hell up or thinking of 'inventive' ways to change the problems of Nigeria....instead of siding Kenyans in a dumb twit fight created by them. Not to add that Kenya does not even come close to Nigeria economically, educationally, in fact everything "lly"

10 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by tintingz(m): 5:52am On Mar 22, 2013
sorry kenya players we dont serve corns for breakfast smiley
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by naptu2: 5:52am On Mar 22, 2013
It seems people don't know the history of Kenya vs Nigeria matches. [size=14pt]What happened in 1997[/size]

The Harrambe Stars played the first leg in Lagos. We treated them very well! The match was at the National Stadium in Surulere (they lost. . . I think it was 3-0).

The return leg in Kenya; the Eagles were lodged in a crappy hotel and had to play on that desert patch called Kasarani Sports Centre. [size=14pt]The heavens did not fall!!![/size] (I think the game either ended in a draw or we won 1-0)

So what are we talking about here?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 22, 2013
^^
That game at the Kasarani Center ended in a draw. In the match at the National Stadium in Surulere, Nigeria won by 3-0.
Oliseh was amongst the goalscorers, scoring with a fierce shot from outside the 18 yard box.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by naptu2: 5:55am On Mar 22, 2013
Let me see if I still have the Complete Football magazine pictures of that Kasarani disgrace. Remember, this was not a training pitch, the actual match was played here! We did not play mind games, they knew about our travel plans, etc.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 22, 2013
Shollypopz: Yes, we would care. Nigerians complain everyday about the situation of the country, the problem is we never do anything about it. We just blame the government and move one. You seem to be a professional at that too based on ur comment on this thread.

Another country taking shots at Nigeria is offensive to Nigeria than when a Nigerian does. WHY?? Kenyans can't tolerate that their country be dissed by Nigerians either. A KENyan is more likely to love and serve Kenya than Nigeria. A kenyan can only complain and diss Nigeria but we can be very sure he/she will not do anything to change the problems of Nigeria. It's like that everywhere, people are defensive of their own.
You don't have to join the fight on twitter, but you can help ur fellow Nigerians by shutting the hell up or thinking of 'inventive' ways to change the problems of Nigeria....instead of siding Kenyans in a dumb twit fight created by them. Not to add that Kenya does not even come close to Nigeria eeconomically, educationally, in fact everything "lly"

[size=13pt]You're singing a very different tune compared to when you were in politics some weeks back.

By the way, no one would care. People would change their dps, create hashtags, send BB broadcasts, and say they've done their part. If people were this proactive about things that mattered, the country might actually look differently.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by tintingz(m): 5:56am On Mar 22, 2013
naptu2: It seems people don't know the history of Kenya vs Nigeria matches. [size=14pt]What happened in 1997[/size]

The Harrambe Stars played the first leg in Lagos. We treated them very well! The match was at the National Stadium in Surulere (they lost. . . I think it was 3-0).

The return leg in Kenya; the Eagles were lodged in a crappy hotel and had to play on that desert patch called Kasarani Sports Centre. [size=14pt]The heavens did not fall!!![/size] (I think the game either ended in a draw or we won 1-0)

So what are we talking about here?
hahaha! Thank God Nigeria players didnt withness hungry lions
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by naptu2: 6:00am On Mar 22, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
That game at the Kasarani Center ended in a draw. In the match at the National Stadium in Surulere, Nigeria won by 3-0.
Oliseh was amongst the goalscorers, scoring with a fierce shot from outside the 18 yard box.

Thanks. Now I remember very well. It ended in a draw and the Kenyans celebrated as if they had won.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 22, 2013
@Ogugua, and who says people aren't proactive about things that matters.. undecided undecided

Nigerians are serious people, oh yes we are...just that our politicians have disappointed us so many times and have made a lot of us give up.

when people try to have some fun, the matter changes to "if we spent that time doing something serious...."

my dear, life isn't always serious...give us a break.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]One would think that Nigerians are the most patriotic people. We unite because Kenyans dissed us on Twitter. We united for Super Eagles AFTER THEY WON... after a majority of Nigerians doubted them before they even arrived in South Africa and throughout the majority of the competition. NFF had so much faith in Super Eagles that Keshi was to be sacked and a return flight for the team was purchased before SE entered the finals. We united and backed our crooked politicians for signing an anti-same sex marriage law that affects less than 5% of the population.

I pray you be the first to learn that action speaks louder than words. Ms Ogugua what have you done to develop your country? Writing long a*ss epistles on Niaraland and blaming Nigerian government?? Or taking sides with other countries that started a trend on dissing Nigerians??
You need to gather your thoughts together, u are beginning to contradict urself.
You just said you are proudly Nigerian in ur other comment and that u believe in calling a spade a spade....And all of a sudden you blame Nigerians for complaining about the situation in Nigeria?? Really, what are u going on about Ms??

If a patriotic Nigerian calls a spade a spade according to you, so what is your point exaxctly??

If Nigerians do not complain about Nigeria, who will?? Kenya?? It's our place to know the problems of our country and try to fix them, not Kenyans. If KEnyans cannot make a complain to the right football body or the government of Kenya on how their players are being treated in another country, they should shut the hell up and not create a trend on twitter dissing Nigerians.

You keep asking how Nigerians dissing Kenya changed anything, when ur questions should hv been how does creating a trend on twitter dissing Nigerians changed the situation of Kenyan players?

12 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 22, 2013
How the country looks, or is faring isn't the topic in discourse.. The topic in discourse is the misdirected vitriol by the Kenyans against Nigeria/Nigerians... Football in Africa is politics and the ever knowledgeable naptu2 has cited different instances in the past in which the same treatment has been meted out to Nigerian football players on the continent... Yet, like a gift that keeps on giving, you keep barking at the wrong tree...

If Kenyans were not senseless and uncvilised they would have directed their vitriol towards the authorities in-charge of looking after them in Nigeria, and not the hardworking Nigerians who're the ones keeping Nigeria alive economicially and where it belongs in the scheme of things in the world right now..

Just go to bed before your posts make Seun demotes you from being a mod to just a guest on NL... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by tintingz(m): 6:05am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua are you really a Nigerian?
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 22, 2013
tintingz: ogugua are you really a Nigerian?

[size=13pt]I have to diss a Kenyan to be Nigerian right? Pele.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You're singing a very different tune compared to when you were in politics some weeks back.

By the way, no one would care. People would change their dps, create hashtags, send BB broadcasts, and say they've done their part. If people were this proactive about things that mattered, the country might actually look differently.[/size]

WRONG!! GIGANTIC LIE!! The last time I was on Politics section, I told the Ndi Igbos and Ndi Ezes that creating titles on Nairaland wouldn't change the situation of Igbos in Nigeria. I remember also saying the old men should stop fighting for titles on NL and think about volunteering for NL's charity organization.

Unlike you ma'am, I don't change my tune. I know my country and what I want for my country. And I plan everyday of my life to make my dreams for Nigeria come true. So move your lecture and ill thought out comment to another thread cos for here, na hashtag SomeonetellKenyans......

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by blocker: 6:08am On Mar 22, 2013
@Davynition: #SomeonetellNigeria we thought they were OGAnised. Harambee Stars Deserve better grin grin grin grin. I cannot categorically say the pitch we are going to use but the one the KENYANS are using will be made known by my OGA at the top.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by pendo89(f): 6:11am On Mar 22, 2013
grin grin I woke up and found a post on my fb page about this dissing.
A very naive person bumping into this thread or on twitter and by naive I mean anybody that doesnt have a clue about Kenya/Nigeria will only draw the following conclusions.

Kenya
They walk naked
They live in the bush
They have no electricity
Internet connection is a luxury
They are starving
They are so thin
They are black as charcoal
No roads
They don't drive but run
Terrorism is rife

Nigeria.
They are scammers/kidnappers
They are into occult and witchcraft
They are ritualists with traces of cannibalism
They eat any living thing
They are loud aggressive and ready to fight
Every home in nigeria has a generator
To woe a girl in nigeria one needs a generator
Ghosts roam the streets
People easily tranform into goats and snakes.
They are poverty stricken and hungry
No roads
Terrorism is the order of the day
Most nigerians are con preachers
They fill all jails in the world.

While this dissing is taking place,tourists and people that matter to the Kenyan economy are trooping and checking into luxury hotels and enjoying the good infrastructure and climate.
Same applies to Nigeria.Oil is flowing in the fields and the city is booming with business.

Now how can I make money out of the above ignorance?? Perhaps encourage an exchange tour to wipe out the ignorance or do a documentary.
I think media takes the blame cz of what they air because people's minds are corrupted.

But I like what smbody said said ' BOTH ARE THIRD WORLD! and so they are wasting time arguing over nothing.
Wait and see what happens when Kenya loses which I believe they will.Some will yell 'JUJU' in action.
ha! tiring
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by tintingz(m): 6:12am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I have to diss a Kenyan to be Nigerian right? Pele.[/size]
naah...its just the way you are spitting craps bout Nigeria
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella: My country has issues but allowing somebody from Ghana, Kenya or even Zimbabwe to come and remind me of that is not happening. And this behavior/habit is not peculiar to Nigerians alone, so stop trying to tie it to us. Everyone does that, it is how humans react.

I clash with my family members ALL the time but that doesn't mean I'm gonna allow an outsider say rubbish about us.
That's just how it is.

My point exactly. How can a stranger be dissing my people?? I'm the only one allowed to diss my sisters, anybody else should be ready for war.

THIS IS SPARTA! tongue
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 22, 2013
tintingz: naah...its just the way you are spitting craps bout Nigeria

[size=13pt]Which crap? I'm not spitting crap about Nigeria. Just that there's something wrong in uniting to fight Kenyans online and not tackling real issues. I know it's all in the name of catching fun, but I find it disturbing.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Ignatio(m): 6:19am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua88:

Nigeria is messed up, we all agree. But that doesn't give any other country the right to insult us on whatever platform.

By the way, do you have a problem with the anti-same sex law?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (39) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.