Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64854 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
Odunharry: confirm
Catholic is the first church and Peter is the first pope. The catholic church was formed by the apostles of Jesus.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

You idiots are thia angry because you think I have insulted you fools but here you monkeys have been insulting Mary ever since the inception of this stupid thread
this padi dy fight 4 marry o...
I think what really matter is ur understanding of the word of God not what ur priest or pastor tell u dat u believe.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
bbexcel: Judgement day will tell,Nigerians are so blinded by religion and pretence.

If you're waiting for the judgement day to know the truth... I'm sorry - you're candidate of hell grin
Its no judgement when you tell a sinner that he/she will go to hell... Otherwise there won't be any reason for Evangelism, Sermons, Preaching, and even the message of christ!

Stop waiting for the judgement day grin There is nothing we can do again on that day...
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:

But Jesus christ is the same yesterday, today and forever cool & he is the Head of the church. Are you older than Jesus christ?

... & what else can you say about an atheist other than the silly believe that there is no God? cheesy

Idolatry is enough reason to find a Bible believing church that speak the truth (undiluted)..
Spare me that rubbish. Jesus is not present in churches that burn people as a punishment for adultery, he is not present in a church that use humans for sacrifice, he is not present in a church that doesnt preach repentance but only talks about prosperity. You think is every building you see on the street that has instrumentals and disturb the neighbourhood you call a church?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Catholic is the first church and Peter is the first pope. The catholic church was formed by the apostles of Jesus.

The Peter I know in the bible is an Apostle of God. Not the pope of catholics...
cool
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:

The Peter I know in the bible is an Apostle of God. Not the pope of catholics...
cool
How well do you know Peter? The bible you are talking about came in this world through which church?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
That's not true. Jesus followers simply belonged to 'the way', and afterwards were called christians. The church/congregation was named by location, eg church in Ephesus, Sardis, etc. The catholic church began at least a century after and many doctrines became official some centuries after.

Peter could not have been the first pope because Peter was fallible, denying Jesus while he was still on earth and even engaging in pretence after Jesus had gone to heaven, acts for which he genuinely repented; but catholic doctrine holds that the pope is infallible.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Spare me that rubbish. Jesus is not present in churches that burn people as a punishment for adultery, he is not present in a church that use human for sacrifices, he is not present in a church that doesnt preach repentance but only talks about properity. You think is every building you see on the street that has instrumentals and disturb the neighbourhood you call a church?
so whats the point?
There are fake 'pastors', 'churches' & 'prophets' (no doubt). & its not strange to us Christians... Satan is striving day and night to deal with christians and believers.. He is the father of lies and false teachings..
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Name one pls. That is my question.
when did I become angel Gabriel or God? I cannot read hearts (and neither can you). Even if I can, how many women do I know amongst the possibly billions alive?

Saying there are no good women today is just presumptuousness on your part.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
Oahray: when did I become angel Gabriel or God? I cannot read hearts (and neither can you). Even if I can, how many women do I know amongst the possibly billions alive?

Saying there are no good women today is just presumptuousness on your part.

grin grin grin grin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:
so whats the point?
There are fake 'pastors', 'churches' & 'prophets' (no doubt). & its not strange to us Christians... Satan is striving day and night to deal with christians and believers.. He is the father of lies and false teachings..
Thanks for giving me more points grin. I follow my bible and try my best to practise what I see in it. Give honour to who deserves it. cool. We are still the mother to all churches.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
How well do you know Peter? The bible you are talking about came in this world through which church?
The bible did not come through any church..

Moses wrots the book of Genesis & Deuteronomy

Samuel wrote I Samuel
Prophet Isaiah wrote parts of I Samuel & II Samuel

Job most likely wrote the book of Jobs

David half of Psalms, other parts by Moses, Hezekiah, King Solomon etc..

In the New Testament, the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, James, I Peter, II Peter, I John, II John, III John and Jude were all written by the men after whom they are named. Luke also wrote the book of Acts. The apostle Paul wrote the book of Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, I Thessalonians, II Thessalonians, I Timothy, II Timothy, Titus, Philemon and Hebrews. The apostle John recorded the book of Revelation.

Now show me the lists of Pope among these men.. or any Reverend from the catholic church..
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Thanks for giving me more points grin. I follow my bible and try my best to practise what I see in it. Give honour to who deserves it. cool. We are still the mother to all churches.

allow me annoy you just a little grin , the catholic is a mother to the harlot churches , has nothing to do with the bride of Christ. This will include over 40,000 denominations , though not all, some still practice or try to stick to the truth.

"A mysterious name was written on her forehead: "Babylon the Great, Mother of All Prostitutes and Obscenities in the World." - Revelation 17:5

The prostitutes are all those over 40,000 denominations that came out of, or still practice many catholic doctrines in their churches and who mingle with evil men, politicians, fleece the sheep off their money and lead them astray from Christ.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
Oahray: but catholic doctrine holds that the pope is infallible.

shocked shocked shocked
na god shocked
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

allow me annoy you just a little grin , the catholic is a mother to the harlot churches , has nothing to do with the bride of Christ. This will include over 40,000 denominations , though not all, some still practice or try to stick to the truth.

"A mysterious name was written on her forehead: "Babylon the Great, Mother of All Prostitutes and Obscenities in the World." - Revelation 17:5

The prostitutes are all those over 40,000 denominations that came out of, or still practice many catholic doctrines in their churches and who mingle with evil men, politicians, fleece the sheep off their money and lead them astray from Christ.
You are wrong antelope. The catholic church has a unique practice. I believe the 40,000 denominations are the penticostal churches that originated due to greed and hunt for wealth.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:

The bible is a collection of books. All written before the Roman catholic church canonised some of the books. None of those books were written by the Roman catholic church. Collecting the works of other people does not make you the author of the book. As a matter of fact the Roman catholic church does not want the ordinary people gain assess to the truth of scripture that the bible was accessible only to the clergy. When some clergy demanded the interpretation of the bible into other languages the Roman church said scriptures cannot be translated into the language of romance (English).

I am familair with three types of bible ( Catholic bible, Orthodox bible and protestant bible). Each group determined which books are good for them but none can claim authorship of the collated books. I think one of the lies Roman catholics are feed is that they make the bible availabe to other people. Rather they collated the books written by others ( apostles of Christ and prophests of Judiasm)and voted which ones they will use in the Roman catholic church. Another lie is that Peter was the first pope. Definitely Peter the apostle of Christ is not familiar with the Roman catholic church. He is familiar with the Church of Jesus Christ which is catholic (universal) without Roman paganism, and whose head is Christ. Peter wrote letters to fellow believers and where he confessed he is not higher than any. He preached the priesthood of all beleivers, was publicly corrected by Paul. He is a man like any other who had his faliures and used immensely by God.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
If the angel of God honoured Mary what stops an antelope like you to do the same? undecided
Mary was a good woman before Jesus came to earth. For her to be chosen to bring our saviour to the world goes a long way for her to be called "Ordinary woman". Use your head. How many woman posses the qualities of Mary in this earth?
if jesus didnt cme to earth,will mary also perish with the rest of us or not?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
I dont worship Mary. If I do I will be proud to say it. Afterall, the Atheist are proud of their stupidity. I only honour her like God and Angel Gabriel did.
did God almighty hnnour mary?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:

shocked shocked shocked
na god shocked
lol ask any staunch catholic what papal infallibility 'ex cathedra' means.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
To add to the topic. Mary was like a surrogate mother. Modern science has shown us that it is possible for a woman to carry a child without having any DNA contribution to the child. i.e the father and the mother of the baby in her womb is different from carrier of the baby. Her only duty will be to carry her for 9 months. She has no genetic contribution to the child. Mary was like that but blessed to carry in her womb the son of God. She was equally blessed to raise him up. Claiming that Jesus got her humanity from Mary is bogus
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
belabela: To add to the topic. Mary was like a surrogate mother. Modern science has shown us that it is possible for a woman to carry a child without having any DNA contribution to the child. i.e the father and the mother of the baby in her womb is not the carrier of the baby. Her only duty will be to carry her for 9 months. She has no genetic contribution to the child. Mary was like that but blessed to carry in her womb the son of God. She was equally blessed to raise him up. Claiming that Jesus got her humanity from Mary is bogus
God bless you! smiley
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
Odunharry:
You mean heaven was without humans until Jesus came? Mary believed in God and she was pure in heart. Jesus was born without original sin remember?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Odunharry:
did God almighty hnnour mary?
YESSSS!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Enigma(m): 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
@ belabela

Actually, the Roman Catholics did not have a canon of their own until the Council of Trent in as late as the 16th century! It was only after the shenanigans with Martin Luther etc that the Roman Catholics finally defined their own canon.

Yes, other people came up with their own idea of a canon e.g. the African churches at regional synods in Hippo and Carthage (EDIT) i.e. in the 4th century and more than 1000 years before the Roman Catholic Council of Trent! Even before that there were other compilations by different people/groups. The Roman Catholics try to lay claim to the African synods but a proper examination of the situation will disprove the Roman Catholic claims.

smiley
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Catholics are no better than the people who consult the dead.....! sad If I guess its better they just ask their own mothers to pray for them...atleast they are the closest to them after all instead of going after Mary! She died too and never woke from the dead.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ijawkid(m): 2:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Name one woman in this present world that has her qualities?

My twin sister...cheesy

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01:

You're yet to answer my questions, you said you're not idle and too busy to reply me, yet you are responding to trivia comments.

SMH sad
Good evening Mr, wat was ur qus?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
There's only one Christian Church and that's the Church of Christ. Christ Himself is both the Mother and Father of this church. So all these talk of mother of all churches isn't something Christ would approve of. Let's stop already.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 7:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
belabela: To add to the topic. Mary was like a surrogate mother. Modern science has shown us that it is possible for a woman to carry a child without having any DNA contribution to the child. i.e the father and the mother of the baby in her womb is different from carrier of the baby. Her only duty will be to carry her for 9 months. She has no genetic contribution to the child. Mary was like that but blessed to carry in her womb the son of God. She was equally blessed to raise him up. Claiming that Jesus got her humanity from Mary is bogus
mr, u want to tell me dat d immaculate conception is nothing but a science experiment?
mary didn't contribute to jesus' genetic makeup??
ok so who donated d egg and spe.rm, pray tell?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
Vanneni: There's only one Christian Church and that's the Church of Christ. Christ Himself is both the Mother and Father of this church. So all these talk of mother of all churches isn't something Christ would approve of. Let's stop already.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
Vanneni: There's only one Christian Church and that's the Church of Christ. Christ Himself is both the Mother and Father of this church. So all these talk of mother of all churches isn't something Christ would approve of. Let's stop already.

Amen sis.

The catholic church is the mother of a false system and has nothing to do with the bride of Christ.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
Odunharry:
Good question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.